Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 12:47:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SuperNET NXT asset 12071612744977229797, SUPERNET KMD assetchain in summer  (Read 736725 times)
valarmg

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 12:38:27 PM

right then... so you need to ask - what athority and governing does supernet have over quality control?  if supernet says "YOU cant do this"  does the coin within stop doin it?      sounds to my like jl7777 has absolute NO authority over anything within.  No power..  Only promises ... promises it cant enforce

You seem to think that superNET is joining together coins, but it's not. It's just allowing coins to interact in a much easier way (as opposed to going to centralized exchange and buying a new coin for each new feature.) If a coin within superNET does something that someone doesn't like, just don't use that coin/feature, use other coins/features.
bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 12:43:42 PM

right then... so you need to ask - what athority and governing does supernet have over quality control?  if supernet says "YOU cant do this"  does the coin within stop doin it?      sounds to my like jl7777 has absolute NO authority over anything within.  No power..  Only promises ... promises it cant enforce

You seem to think that superNET is joining together coins, but it's not. It's just allowing coins to interact in a much easier way (as opposed to going to centralized exchange and buying a new coin for each new feature.) If a coin within superNET does something that someone doesn't like, just don't use that coin/feature, use other coins/features.

I am not saying its joining together of coins at all - I am saying exactly what supernet is saying it is on its own website.  It is trying to get coins within to coolabertae and share ideas with each eachoher ?

What I am saying is WHY are you taking the marketcap AWAY from the coin you like most and throwing it into a supernet stock that represents something it has no way  / means to enforce. 

devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 12:45:08 PM

What I am saying is WHY are you taking the marketcap AWAY from the coin you like most and throwing it into a supernet stock that represents something it has no way  / means to enforce. 

Because you need to diversify your holdings?
bitcad4u

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 12:47:31 PM

Because you need to diversify your holdings?

True, I can diverse into anything I see ass successful... supernet is not one of those things for me unfortunately.  I don't get it.   I was really hoping someone here would be able to show me why it is useful.  I thought there was more to it... I guess not. 
devphp

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 12:48:48 PM

True, I can diverse into anything I see ass successful... supernet is not one of those things for me unfortunately.  I don't get it.   I was really hoping someone here would be able to show me why it is useful.  I thought there was more to it... I guess not. 

Guess not then. Maybe you just didn't throw your money into a trashcan. We'll find out sooner or later Smiley
bitcad4u

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 12:51:47 PM

I am going to take this a step further, and say its a bad idea to invest in it.  You are now making an investment in someone elses coin selection, someone elses management (centralized) , someone elses technological idea.   Not within your own.   The point about (well now you dont need to research all these things) - if you are not researching what you are investing in then what the hell are you doing wasting your money ?

think about it.

peace.
devphp

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 12:53:29 PM

I am going to take this a step further, and say its a bad idea to invest in it.  You are now making an investment in someone elses coin selection, someone elses management (centralized) , someone elses technological idea.   Not within your own.   The point about (well now you dont need to research all these things) - if you are not researching what you are investing in then what the hell are you doing wasting your money ?

think about it.

peace.

This investment basically comes down to investing in James's vision. You don't need to know all the details. Invest a little in him or don't, that's all it comes down to.
valarmg

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 12:53:40 PM

I am not saying its joining together of coins at all - I am saying exactly what supernet is saying it is on its own website.  It is trying to get coins within to coolabertae and share ideas with each eachoher ?

Sure it's about getting altcoin communities/developers to pull together. But if a coin that joins the superNET doesn't work out, all the rest of the features can still work fine. There's no need for jl777 to impose any kind of structure or direction on coins.

What I am saying is WHY are you taking the marketcap AWAY from the coin you like most

Diversification. If you own several coins, take the market cap away from the coin you like the least!!! One coin can fail, but superNET is made up of a number of coins and has capital behind it so it should be more robust.

and throwing it into a supernet stock that represents something it has no way  / means to enforce. 
It can enforce the amount of asset it holds. So if you buy 1% of it for 10BTC, and it has 2000BTC worth of assets at the end of the ICO, then your superNET is worth 20BTC. There's value there. A basket of coins and assets that will go up based on their rise and fall. Doesn't need any collaboration to maintain its value, the collaboration, if it happens, will just be a bonus. (Edit: and there's loads of other possible bonuses)
valarmg

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 12:55:56 PM

think about it.

peace.

If you invest in XC, you are investing in the vision of the XC developers, not your own.

If you invest in superNET, you are investing in the vision of jl777, plus the vision of other developers whose coins decide to join the superNET.

Think about it.
bitcad4u

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 12:58:37 PM

think about it.

peace.

If you invest in XC, you are investing in the vision of the XC developers, not your own.

If you invest in superNET, you are investing in the vision of jl777, plus the vision of other developers whose coins decide to join the superNET.

Think about it.

Huge difference - I invest in XC because I have read and understood XCs vision and I believe the XC developers have control over what XC is to be.  I am not investing in a company which claims it has control over XCs vision or what it can or can not enforce.   For this reason I will continue to invest directly into XC and will not share XCs market cap with umbrella corp which has no control over its body which it can not govern
bitcad4u

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 01:01:56 PM

supernet is a platform for providing anti-competition.  To innovate you need competition.  Supernet = anti innovation platform. 
mcjavar

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 01:03:32 PM

But if I would have my money in Nxt, it would have gone up 10-15%. As I have it in Tokens, it didn´t move.
The price of Nxt is not adjusted if the price of BTC moves. So what is the idea behind this? :-/

The price of buying into the ICO is fixed in BTC terms.

The value of the assets within superNet (like Nxt) have gone up, so once the ICO is over, then you'll see the true value of superNET which will likely be a lot higher than the ICO selling price.

So the value of your TOKEN has gone up, but you won't find out by how much until the end of the ICO.

Merci!

Do we know if the ICO will end after 2 or only after 4 weeks?
valarmg

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 01:05:03 PM

Merci!

Do we know if the ICO will end after 2 or only after 4 weeks?

99% sure that it'll end 16 days after start.
ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 01:05:47 PM

I am not able to understand a single line of what SuperNet is about.

Take it easy, bitcad4u, some day you will get it. Keep trying!
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1125

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 01:21:58 PM

supernet is a platform for providing anti-competition.  To innovate you need competition.  Supernet = anti innovation platform. 

Talking about innovation, it's very hard not to confuse XC with a copycoin.
XC : pos, mixer, chat, mobile wallet, zzzz...
bitcad4u

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 01:29:38 PM

Talking about innovation, it's very hard not to confuse XC with a copycoin.
XC : pos, mixer, chat, mobile wallet, zzzz...
Is XC on supernet ?

XC provides something much more than that.  Go do your research instead of investing in someone elses picks of what you should invest in.  You would note that XC is way ahead of the pack and most the other coins are trying to copy xc..

zzzzz is right... its your brain sleeping in crypto space.  wake up dude.  please wake up.
bitcad4u

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 01:32:00 PM

sorry I do not mean to come off as a person attacking you - or supernet.  My bad.  Please I jsut really was hoping supernet was much more than what I am reading here.

I wish you all the best with supernet.  I wish you many fortunes.  For me though, like I said, its not for me.

peace.
ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 01:43:13 PM

For the newcomers, here you have a very very brief explanation on what we are suppose to get when SuperNet will be active:

To people wondering what superNET is I'll write a little description of how I expect it to be from the perspective of if I was actually using it. Hopefully jl777 or anyone else can correct any inaccuracies.

I load up my BitcoinDark wallet as I would normally, I have 1000 BTCD waiting for me as I expected. There's an extra button or tab that says 'enter superNET' on it. I have a few things I want to do today that take advantage of the superNET so I click on it. A separate GUI launches. I see a few different options, but the first thing I want to do is send a secure anonymous payment using the current best available anonyimity system, which happens to be integrated in Boolberry(BBR). Since anonymity is very important for this specific payment I'm making, I use the superNET GUI to create a transaction that will take advantage of James' Teleport technology which will enable me to send BBR with my BTCD without leaving my wallet. So I want to send 100 BTCD worth of BBR to the address of my choice, and I do so by creating this transaction in the superNET GUI in a way similar to sending any other standard crypto transaction. The 100 BTCD is automatically converted to BBR at market rate minus a small fee, which I'm more than willing to pay in this case to guarantee my anonymity.

So after I've finished my important business of sending that anonymous transaction, I take a look at the superNET GUI to see what's on offer today. I have the ability to purchase NXT assets directly through my BTCD wallet with BTCD. I notice that today there are some featured assets being displayed on my GUI(that the asset issuers pay a fee to superNET for to have listed as 'featured'). One of the assets I can purchase is tokens that correspond to one oz of silver. I had been meaning to to pick up some silver anyway, since I noticed the price was particularly low recently, so this is very convenient for me. I look in to the asset to make sure that each token you purchase through this NXT asset can be redeemed for one oz of real silver, and indeed they can be. Perfect. So now I have the question of trust, what is the reputation of this person issuing the silver asset? Are they known to be trustworthy? Luckily for me superNET has integrated Bitmark's 'marking' reputation system that will help me gauge whether or not the person issuing the asset can be trusted. Turns out this person has a lot of marks, so I'm pretty confident that I'll be able to redeem my silver tokens for real silver through the asset issuer. So I go ahead and make a few clicks and decide to purchase 50 BTCD worth of silver tokens thanks to James' MGW technology as well as his InstantDEX technology. I finish the transaction and in a few seconds I'm the owner of 50 BTCD worth of silver tokens that were purchased off the NXT distributed asset exchange.

Now that I've done the business I've set out to do I take a look at the superNET GUI once again and I see a link for PrivateBet. Feeling a bit lucky and still having 850 BTCD sitting in my wallet, I decide to try my luck for a little while to entertain myself. I gamble anonymously for a while with my BTCD. People who invested gain from my negative expectation bets while I'm entertained for a while.

Ok, so that was just a small example of how I see superNET working in the not too distant future. Each wallet of each currency that is part of the superNET will all be able to access and take advantage of all of these features from a single GUI that connects thousands of resources in to a single point of access(the superNET GUI).

This is why I think the superNET is an awesome idea and I think it has the potential to really bring a lot quality alternative currencies together in a way that benefits everyone.  Cool

mini extension on EsteNuno's post, marking is itself to be integrated with identifi so it's trust+reputation

Grin
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 01:49:36 PM

supernet is a platform for providing anti-competition.  To innovate you need competition.  Supernet = anti innovation platform.  

You don't really get what superNET is yet I don't think.

Altcoins exist independently of superNET. SuperNET is a technology that allows people to access many different features and technologies from one wallet.

Think of superNET like the Google of the cryptoworld. It's a company that attempts to organize and present information and options to people who use cryptocurrencies. It also makes money like Google does by monetizing that information. In the last year there have been lots of amazing technologies developed in the cryptoworld. The problem is all of these technologies are fragmented among different cryptos making it difficult for the average person to use them, or even know that they exist. Decentralised asset exchanges and strong anonymous transactions are two examples of things you will be able to access right away from the superNET GUI that will be integrated in every wallet in every cryptocurrency that is a part of the superNET.

Over time people will continue to invent and develop new technologies on new cryptocurrenies. If I want to use these new technologies do I have go to an exchange sell a bunch of the coins I'm currently using and enjoying? No, because I can just continue to use them through the superNET and still have access to every feature on the network. When new technologies come out it will clearly be beneficial for them to join superNET as this will allow people to use the technology through the superNET. To the user it will be a simple and easy to use GUI where you make transactions like you would otherwise, but James' has developed multiple technologies like Teleport/Telepods, MGW, InstantDEX ect. that do all the buying, selling, and trading behind the scenes. Using superNET will be easy for people. SuperNET will also make money from fees and people paying a premium to have their services listed on the superNET GUI(most likely, these things are still to be worked out, but think Google with context specific and beneficial listings).

What would you rather have, 10 wallets on your computer holding different amounts of different cryptos, or would you rather just have one wallet that has access to the superNET where you have all of the services available to you on demand through a unified interface?
jeezy
Legendary

Activity: 1237
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 03:04:29 PM

supernet is a platform for providing anti-competition.  To innovate you need competition.  Supernet = anti innovation platform.  

You don't really get what superNET is yet I don't think.

Altcoins exist independently of superNET. SuperNET is a technology that allows people to access many different features and technologies from one wallet.

Think of superNET like the Google of the cryptoworld. It's a company that attempts to organize and present information and options to people who use cryptocurrencies. It also makes money like Google does by monetizing that information. In the last year there have been lots of amazing technologies developed in the cryptoworld. The problem is all of these technologies are fragmented among different cryptos making it difficult for the average person to use them, or even know that they exist. Decentralised asset exchanges and strong anonymous transactions are two examples of things you will be able to access right away from the superNET GUI that will be integrated in every wallet in every cryptocurrency that is a part of the superNET.

Over time people will continue to invent and develop new technologies on new cryptocurrenies. If I want to use these new technologies do I have go to an exchange sell a bunch of the coins I'm currently using and enjoying? No, because I can just continue to use them through the superNET and still have access to every feature on the network. When new technologies come out it will clearly be beneficial for them to join superNET as this will allow people to use the technology through the superNET. To the user it will be a simple and easy to use GUI where you make transactions like you would otherwise, but James' has developed multiple technologies like Teleport/Telepods, MGW, InstantDEX ect. that do all the buying, selling, and trading behind the scenes. Using superNET will be easy for people. SuperNET will also make money from fees and people paying a premium to have their services listed on the superNET GUI(most likely, these things are still to be worked out, but think Google with context specific and beneficial listings).

What would you rather have, 10 wallets on your computer holding different amounts of different cryptos, or would you rather just have one wallet that has access to the superNET where you have all of the services available to you on demand through a unified interface?

Exactly. Thanks for the nice writeup.
Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 310 »
  Print  

Jump to: