Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:51:16 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Black Arrow 28nm 100Ghash Bitcoin ASIC from $0.49/GH/s  (Read 96767 times)
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 05:43:48 AM

Order no. 3# here
No email advising of dispatch, order status on BA site is still 'Processed'

I ordered in mid September last year, I would assume mine would be shipped pretty quickly after shipping being announced.

Not happy at all

I'd like to know how you can be order #3 for an X1 and yet it's been stated that a batch is being delivered to re-sellers!  How is that shipping by paid date?

If I remember correctly all the resellers were in on the scam according to PG's deleted conspiracy posts.
Craige288

Activity: 120
Merit: 73

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 08:02:16 AM

Order no. 3# here
No email advising of dispatch, order status on BA site is still 'Processed'

I ordered in mid September last year, I would assume mine would be shipped pretty quickly after shipping being announced.

Not happy at all

I'd like to know how you can be order #3 for an X1 and yet it's been stated that a batch is being delivered to re-sellers!  How is that shipping by paid date?
I would like to know how you know the reseller didn't pay before you?

Because when I ordered there were no resellers...

**KAPOW** !!!!!!!
breakingcode

Activity: 40
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 02:39:45 PM

I knew the risks,..
I took the gamble and bought one x3 as a nice little investment into bitcoins.

At the time I had the extra money and it was an acceptable loss.

Since then things in my life have 100% gone to shit.
Breaking even on mining (never mind the $11K that I *SHOULD* have right now) would have completely changed my families life at this point.

Most sickening "if only they'd done their job/honored their promise" moment ever at this point.

I wonder how fast they'll deliver miners and legitimate compensation once someone has hindsight sickness when they're in a situation worse than mine and just end it all? Maybe that's what they're waiting for to get those miners (that they're not mining with (yeah right) out the door.

but then I can't blame them,.. in my current condition if I owned a company that printed money, I might have to keep them at home minting away and screwing us all too. I'd just take some of the pictures from the early production days, (months earlier) develop a timeline of "last possible moment to ship w/out 100% order cancellation vs how much I mine (lets just assume they're at 11K by now, that's well over 100% profit over retail per unit, why not see how much more I can squeeze out before someone does something to make headlines and/or I know the highest % of refunds would be demanded. No one would catch on,.. I mean sure they'd call me on the lies about shipping dates but they could never prove I'd been mining the whole time. All the employees are under lock and key aside from my resellers so I can control the information 100%. Easy as pie.

Hell, deliver oct 1 with even a crappy compensation and *SOME* people will probably still keep them thinking that BC prices could skyrocket. Yeah,.. that's what I'll do,.. Oct 1st seems like the perfect time to just ship those things out, after all they're just taking up space at that point. I keep mined money, only have to refund a large % of orders but I get to keep maybe 25% as sales. That's the sweet spot.  Just like GM *NOT* recalling cars they know will kill people,.. you just have to find that sweet spot between max profit and most acceptable damage until people take serious legal action, but in China that second point is non-existent so... just max profit and ability to put in plenty of nice sound bytes that say despite the negative things you may have heard "we finished and shipped those x1/x3s and now have our process 100% perfected" That way I can sucker scrypt asic customers into funding all our new products on that line, and of course I can do it all again and retire on the money we'll make this time so if it completely destroys the companies rep, who cares I'll be so rich I'll just buy some reputation.

Fuck,... I wish I'd chosen to be one of the bad guys in life early on,.. they get all the money.

DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 08:22:01 PM

Will we be getting power supply cords for our country?  I just got an S2 with a Chinese plug and wasted 3 mining days waiting for a replacement to get delivered.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
Craige288

Activity: 120
Merit: 73

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 09:48:13 PM

I'd avoid making it easy to identify who you are between your order number and you user name here. They are being vindictive about people who are anything but positive about them.

Same with BFL, I can't post anything without it being reviewed by a Moderator and nothing has managed to get through to being posted, not even a calm post so I doubt they are even looking at them so I guess I'm banned.  Funny thing is, I don't even know what I did to get banned.  No communication at all from them.
DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 11:50:36 PM

There is only one factor in ROI and that is Bitcoin price.

If it goes to 1500 by December and we will all ROI.

Relax.

That is probably the most uninformed, paid shill phrase ever mentioned.  I doubt David would even get on here and be able to agree to that statement.  Go troll elsewhere if you don't want to educate yourself.

notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 05:07:43 AM

You can be angry and say basically whatever you like. However we don't like people who are rude and abusive.

There is nothing that any irate customer could possibly say to you that is more rude and abusive than Black Arrow's conduct and performance. Case in point, this completely insane article making incredible claims about future product lines, when Black Arrow isn't even capable of ironing out the most entry level serial communications systems that even an intelligent hobbyist can do. There is literally no actual shipment-ready product confirmed in the 28nm line (other than purchasing the ASIC chips themselves at reduced prices now that indicate some kind of quick liquidation) , yet somehow it's acceptable for the company to talk like this to the press and general public:

http://bitcoinexaminer.org/alex-berk-black-arrow-as-soon-as-14nm-is-available-well-release-a-new-asic-that-will-outperform-any-other-14nm-designs/

"Prospero X3 is a monster"
DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 04:26:34 PM

So how many X-1's do you have on their way to you that have the Rpi in them?

Did they comment anything about compensation?

bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 04:30:14 PM

Our X1 is out for delivery, should have it within 2-3 hours.

I also have confirmation the new X1 controller is working, and according to BA the full X1 backlog will be built tested and shipped within the next 2-3 weeks. Performance with the new controller seems to peak around ~130gh.

The way you worded that it sounds like this is a single unit? I heard rumors there was a mass shipment enroute to you over at Minersource. Can you confirm this?

They had told me they were very close to getting the controller working, so I elected to have them returned and have full working X1s sent to me.

Pictures/Video of our X1 will go up as soon as we have it.
DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 04:38:56 PM

I thought it was confirmed that a mass shipment was en route to you guys?  Is this not happening now or was it ever happening?

DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 07:29:46 PM

Have you gotten it working?  What power cord came with the unit?

NVM seems to be working

goozman96

Activity: 728

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 07:36:15 PM

Something interesting to take a look at:
https://blockchain.info/address/1G4qoWmyiPRLAYupK6mxRiJriNX8GJtgNA

BTC: 19DKtsdGfQyFzNiEze9KuFQrWGiLDvg6F1 | LTC: LbV6UGyjYbVP49NvQFmuAnkADcaFYvNagK | NMC: NDCdMJmTmGH54Cezmo3CwSxAC7grAoZJbj
DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 07:41:38 PM

At current clock, 143w. Fan uses ~7.5W, Rpi uses ~7.5w, so ~128 for the actual miner, not bad. Power consumption will be significantly better on the controller models, as the pis are not configured to change voltage, as well as beta software.

I thought BA said they would be at 75 watts for 100 GH/s?  Was this not achieved?

EDIT:  That is what they are still offering on their website, will there really be that big of a difference with their own control board?

goozman96

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 07:42:26 PM

I was more concerned with the notice at the top:
"Warning! this bitcoin address contains transactions which may be double spends. You should be extremely careful when trusting any transactions to or from this address."

BTC: 19DKtsdGfQyFzNiEze9KuFQrWGiLDvg6F1 | LTC: LbV6UGyjYbVP49NvQFmuAnkADcaFYvNagK | NMC: NDCdMJmTmGH54Cezmo3CwSxAC7grAoZJbj
DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 07:49:49 PM

At current clock, 143w. Fan uses ~7.5W, Rpi uses ~7.5w, so ~128 for the actual miner, not bad. Power consumption will be significantly better on the controller models, as the pis are not configured to change voltage, as well as beta software.

I thought BA said they would be at 75 watts for 100 GH/s?  Was this not achieved?

EDIT:  That is what they are still offering on their website, will there really be that big of a difference with their own control board?

The controller board is needed to control the voltage, so yes. Also thats 75w @ 100 for the X3 not the X1. Fan + pi is a significant overhead for the X1, uses 16W while CGminer is not functioning

Well I suppose we can chalk this up as one more misleading BA statement as their website (right on the X-1 product page) says 100 GH/s and efficiency is 75 W/GH.  I suppose they are only referring to the chip. Kind of underhanded and crummy to advertise it that way if you ask me.  (still not the most surprising thing they have ever done though)

notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 11:35:32 PM

You can be angry and say basically whatever you like. However we don't like people who are rude and abusive.

There is nothing that any irate customer could possibly say to you that is more rude and abusive than Black Arrow's conduct and performance. Case in point, this completely insane article making incredible claims about future product lines, when Black Arrow isn't even capable of ironing out the most entry level serial communications systems that even an intelligent hobbyist can do. There is literally no actual shipment-ready product confirmed in the 28nm line (other than purchasing the ASIC chips themselves at reduced prices now that indicate some kind of quick liquidation) , yet somehow it's acceptable for the company to talk like this to the press and general public:

http://bitcoinexaminer.org/alex-berk-black-arrow-as-soon-as-14nm-is-available-well-release-a-new-asic-that-will-outperform-any-other-14nm-designs/

Please contact me if you think you can solve the backplane problems. I will then discuss if it is possible for you to come solve it.

"Prospero X3 is a monster"

he clearly knows absolutely nothing about this industry. the next step is 16nm.
I am glad that tracyhh has gotten the police involved, it's way beyond the time this should have happened.

As for the comments regarding rude customers; it's not the place of the seller to act in such a manner. These methods are also illegal.

I'd avoid making it easy to identify who you are between your order number and you user name here. They are being vindictive about people who are anything but positive about them.

Same with BFL, I can't post anything without it being reviewed by a Moderator and nothing has managed to get through to being posted, not even a calm post so I doubt they are even looking at them so I guess I'm banned.  Funny thing is, I don't even know what I did to get banned.  No communication at all from them.

It's called 'showing professional prejudice.' David, you should know better, as a professional entity, you are not entitled to express such opinion.
bring it down.

Actually the next step is 14nm, early 2015

david105396 as you will get your miner soon I am very interested in some information.

The relationship between temperature and overclocking.
The relationship between vcore (not me lol) and overclocking.
The relationship between temperature and power consumption.

If there is enough overhead in the stock heatsink you could test it by controlling the fan manually and setting it to the maximum. If there isn't it will also be interesting.

My guesses are that overclocking will be heavily dependent on temperature a midly on voltage hitting thermal limits with slight increases on vcc while on stock cooling, I also think that it is quite likelly that there is a significant decrease in power consumtion with decreased temperatures. For those things to be really noticeable we need at least 20ºC of difference.

That information would really help us extracting the best overclocking and or getting a better hash/w. I am building a custom cooling and it would help me quite a bit.
Also, what is the maximum overclocking and voltage that the interface/hardware lets you set? (even if it will never reach it with aircooling it might with water or phase change and what could be reached could determine what kind of cooling is worth).

These are the test I also plan to perform.

Post the data-sheet/schematic for the back plane to the BA website. I'll add the required resistors for proper signal termination.
goozman96

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 05:51:30 AM

@david I think everyone in this forum would appreciate it if Blackarrow and company come in here and take into consideration  customers' input in regards to the final compensation for batch 1 before making a final decision by themselves.

notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 10:59:12 AM

Everyone should get screen shots of competitor hardware prices when the units actually ship. This will come in handy when they discuss compensation in a few months.

Good idea.
Unit is still running a solid 125gh at the pool 12 hours later. Will report back in the morning, Would you guys like a video? The thing is WHISPER quiet, even OCed.

Coinwarz says 125GH/s will make $3 USD in the next 24 hours. Currently that's not even enough for a Starbucks Caramel Frappuccino.

notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:42:27 AM

So post a link to the X3 backplane circuit diagram already. A couple of 1k resistors in the right spot is all it takes.

I hope they're not coddling this to use as a delay excuse as it's a total nub mistake.

DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 01:18:21 PM

For about the 5th time, what power supply cord will be coming with my unit?  Will I need to find a new cord for every X-1, or will the units ship with a cord that can be plugged into an American outlet?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: