Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:13:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 128 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people hate islam?  (Read 220954 times)
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 06:28:21 AM

I don't  hate Islam per se .... In my book it's exactly the same as any other religion. They annoy me all equally. Believing the world was created for you speaks volumes of the ignorance and arrogance of the people who buy into those doctrines. That's what I hate .... the stupidity of it all.

This.
I admire and envy people like you that can sum up so well Tongue

Except they are not all the same.  Look at the following.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dKdBlKgquw

This is the singer, Sinead O'Conner, ripping up a picture of the Catholic Pope as a protest against sexual abuse in the Catholic Church in 1992. 

We could say it was roughly similar to cartooning Mohammed.

People were outraged at her doing this. 

But you know what?  Nobody came after her with AK47s or tried to cut her head off.

So, much as I would like to agree "it's exactly the same as any other religion," well, no it isn't.

It's just a "time in service" thing. Take it back a few hundred years, and you have Joan of Arc being burned at the stake for FAR less offense. Islam has a seven hundred year deficit in their body count and civility. Christianity lost it's teeth during the reformation. Go back 700 years and see what you see.
Joan of Arc wasn't exactly a little angel. 

Moral equivalency can't be achieved by comparing yesterday's Christianity to today's Islam.

Also, I don't see Buddhists going around cutting heads off.

Therefore, an argument that "they are all the same" obscures the truth, rather than revealing it.

Better to say Christians and Muslims not Christianity and Islam.
... "and ye shall know a thing by it's fruits"....

I haven't seen you here but I liked that! +10. Grin

Well, they are fruits only if they are following rules which they aren't.

It was actually a quote from the Christian bible. Which when applied to the bible as a whole, shows rotten fruit. But Christians don't (want to ) see that. It seems to me the same with Islam. I have friends who are muslims, and they respect my lack of faith and don't try to convert me. It's futile anyway, as once you break an addiction, you don't EVER want to go back.

It has been my contention for a long while that most people are decent human beings in spite of their religion. But it takes religion to make good people do bad things. Because "if god be with us, who can stand against us" is a very powerful and destructive meme. As I stated before, the so-called extremist, regardless of what sky daddy they believe in, are usually the MOST adherent to a religion. Those with a vague or even fairly strong personal belief, but not "affiliated", or not taking the church too seriously, seem to usually be ok people. Though I observe the most hypocrisy in two major human groupings (which often overlap). The piously religious, and politicians. Unbelievers tend to think that THIS life is worth living, not caring about an unprovable and likely fantastical afterlife, and thus make more of an effort to be useful humans. Exceptions abound, these are not set-in-stone truths. But the tendencies, I think, are quite obvious.

I think I can illustrate this in a manner that most religious people have a problem with. Or at least a great many I've interacted with. I am an anarchist, and I am an atheist. I have been asked many times if I would kill for my beliefs. The answer is no, I would not. This seems to bother the religious mind a great deal. They then go on to accuse me of not being a strong believer in the things I hold close, which is untrue, or of being a pacifist, which is even more untrue. I do believe quite strongly that killing over a difference of opinion is foolish, and murder. OTOH, you come after me, my family, or my friends, yes, I would kill. Without remorse or hesitation. But it's not to defend my beliefs. They either stand on their own merits, or they need revision.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
C10H15N

Activity: 811
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 08:37:06 PM

One more reason - as if we need yet another:

Suicide attack outside Karnak temple in Egypt's Luxor

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-33077862

Three men reportedly approached a barrier at the entrance to the temple complex on Wednesday morning.
When confronted by police, one of the attackers detonated an explosive belt he was wearing. A second was shot dead and a third severely wounded.
Two civilians and two policemen were injured but no tourists were hurt.
The number of foreign tourists visiting Egypt has been increasing over the past 18 months, after slumps following the revolution that ousted President Hosni Mubarak in 2011 and the overthrow by the military of President Mohammed Morsi in 2013.

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
bitcollins85

Activity: 235
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 01:33:24 AM

the main hatred of islam stems from the fact that it doesn't play well with other religions. and because people generalize it based on the radicals terrorists
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2015, 12:42:40 PM

One more reason - as if we need yet another:

Suicide attack outside Karnak temple in Egypt's Luxor

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-33077862

Three men reportedly approached a barrier at the entrance to the temple complex on Wednesday morning.
When confronted by police, one of the attackers detonated an explosive belt he was wearing. A second was shot dead and a third severely wounded.
Two civilians and two policemen were injured but no tourists were hurt.
The number of foreign tourists visiting Egypt has been increasing over the past 18 months, after slumps following the revolution that ousted President Hosni Mubarak in 2011 and the overthrow by the military of President Mohammed Morsi in 2013.

There is no claiming those three were Muslims. This is pure speculation.

C10H15N

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 12:53:01 PM

The affiliation of the three Jihadists (including the suicide bomber) is unknown eh?   Cheesy

I'll wait for the results of the official investigation - care to make a little wager?   Roll Eyes

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2015, 01:03:42 PM

The affiliation of the three Jihadists (including the suicide bomber) is unknown eh?   Cheesy

I'll wait for the results of the official investigation - care to make a little wager?   Roll Eyes

I read that article and I couldn't find proof but speculation. And sorry, I don't bet! If you have any proof, please give me link or post here. Thank you!

Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 01:06:15 PM

The affiliation of the three Jihadists (including the suicide bomber) is unknown eh?   Cheesy

I'd take that offer, except I think we'd be betting the same way. If it were the southern part of the USA or even central Africa, I'd have a different bet. But Egypt?
C10H15N

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 01:13:06 PM

I'd take that offer, except I think we'd be betting the same way. If it were the southern part of the USA or even central Africa, I'd have a different bet. But Egypt?

Agreed.  The MO: a) suicide bombing, b) destruction of historic cultural artifacts that offend your insane religion, only matches one group operating in the area.

Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2015, 01:23:20 PM

Agreed.  The MO: a) suicide bombing, b) destruction of historic cultural artifacts that offend your insane religion, only matches one group operating in the area.

Is this "evidence"? Undecided

C10H15N

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 01:26:16 PM

Agreed.  The MO: a) suicide bombing, b) destruction of historic cultural artifacts that offend your insane religion, only matches one group operating in the area.
Is this "evidence"? Undecided

No.  It is a "clue".  As stated earlier - I will most assuredly post the results of the official investigation.

Do we see history repeating itself.  The 1997 Luxor massacre is what cemented support for Hosni Mubarak.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 02:07:36 PM

According to the Egyptian police sources and the local media, the perpetrators were from the terrorist organization Ansar Bait al-Maqdis. These people had recently pledged allegiance to the Islamic State and its so called "Caliph", Abu Bakr al Baghdadi. However, the Ansar Bait al-Maqdis is mostly active in the Sinai region, which is quite far away from Luxor.
Grand_Voyageur

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2015, 03:09:27 PM

According to the Egyptian police sources and the local media, the perpetrators were from the terrorist organization Ansar Bait al-Maqdis. These people had recently pledged allegiance to the Islamic State and its so called "Caliph", Abu Bakr al Baghdadi. However, the Ansar Bait al-Maqdis is mostly active in the Sinai region, which is quite far away from Luxor.

Egypt has even a car making capacity and, with cars & public transportation available there, we can expect terrorists maybe able to strike beyond the Sinai. In fact Egyptian islamists already stroke tourist sites at Luxor, in 1997.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 06:40:35 AM

Check this:

But in the city and surrounding province of nearly 1 million people, around 75 percent of whom earn their living from tourism, it was hard for many to contain their anger at the security agencies.

Tourism employs millions of people in Egypt, especially in the Red Sea region and Luxor. If attacks such as this one continue, then all these people would be left jobless. Already the tourist sector in Egypt is under a lot of strain, as the number of tourists from Russia (one of the main destinations) has declined due to the depreciation of Ruble.

It is up to the Egyptians to decide whether they want to work in their hometowns earning decent salaries, or if they want to got to Saudi Arabia, to clean some Sheikh's toilet. Given the fact that the hardcore Islamists received almost two-third of the votes during the last parliamentary election, I don't think that the average Egyptian want to live a peaceful and prosperous life.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 10:43:26 AM

Check this:

But in the city and surrounding province of nearly 1 million people, around 75 percent of whom earn their living from tourism, it was hard for many to contain their anger at the security agencies.

Tourism employs millions of people in Egypt, especially in the Red Sea region and Luxor. If attacks such as this one continue, then all these people would be left jobless. Already the tourist sector in Egypt is under a lot of strain, as the number of tourists from Russia (one of the main destinations) has declined due to the depreciation of Ruble.

It is up to the Egyptians to decide whether they want to work in their hometowns earning decent salaries, or if they want to got to Saudi Arabia, to clean some Sheikh's toilet. Given the fact that the hardcore Islamists received almost two-third of the votes during the last parliamentary election, I don't think that the average Egyptian want to live a peaceful and prosperous life.

I'm starting to seriously think that some aspects of a fundamentalist Islamic oriented culture are diametrically opposed to fostering a modern technological society.  In other words, that Islam may chain people to dire poverty and ignorance.  Hell, the same might be true of any theocracy, but they are very rare excepting for Islamic cultures.  I understand Egypt is not a theocracy, but if 80% vote theocratically, it may approach it.

On a practical sense, a government must be secular to primarily look after the economic interests of it's citizens or subjects.

Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 04:49:37 PM

Check this:

I'm starting to seriously think that some aspects of a fundamentalist Islamic oriented culture are diametrically opposed to fostering a modern technological society.  In other words, that Islam may chain people to dire poverty and ignorance.  Hell, the same might be true of any theocracy, but they are very rare excepting for Islamic cultures.  I understand Egypt is not a theocracy, but if 80% vote theocratically, it may approach it.

On a practical sense, a government must be secular to primarily look after the economic interests of it's citizens or subjects.

I agree with your premise, and I can posit why. Every advance in science and technology puts one less pigeonhole for "god", by whatever name. I've been watching the same thing with fundamentalist christianity. Every time science comes up with some new discovery, that aspect of "god" gets pushed out of the argument, but everything not understood or poorly understood is "god's doing". The problem with this approach, of course, is that science don't care for the idea of "can't be known" and keeps pushing "god" further out of the picture by it's very existence.

I would guess that islamic leaders play the same games.
brendasmith982

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 03:12:40 PM

Ignorance. They know nothing about it and that allows people to fill the gaps in their knowledge with whatever bias they have. It's also true that all people hear about are Islamic terrorists. Obviously the jihadists represent a very small number of Muslims.

I don't consider terrorists as a part of any religion. Religion teaches to love and not to kill.

brendasmith982

Activity: 125

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 03:15:05 PM

Life is short. Eternity is long. People don't hate Muslim people as much as they hate the religion. What nobody understands is, why do Muslims like Islam? Here's what I mean.

Islam is a religion of works righteousness. The eternal place where a Muslim resides will be determined by how good and how bad the person was.

The eternal position of a Christian or Jewish person is based on the grace of God. God works His grace towards these people according to their faith in the Messiah, the Christ. These people are forgiven for all the things that they have done wrong, if they believe in the Messiah, the Christ.

The question should be, "How can Muslims keep from hating Islam?" After all, they need to work for their salvation. And they never know for sure if they have worked hard enough. But the Jews and the Christians have received FORGIVENESS from God. Jews and Christians KNOW that they will have a good place in Heaven.

Smiley

That's stupid. Have you read the Quran? Everybody prayers are about forgiveness and gratitude. Your answer is biased as you have knowledge about Christian religion only.

Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 03:50:51 PM

Life is short. Eternity is long. People don't hate Muslim people as much as they hate the religion. What nobody understands is, why do Muslims like Islam? Here's what I mean.

Islam is a religion of works righteousness. The eternal place where a Muslim resides will be determined by how good and how bad the person was.

The eternal position of a Christian or Jewish person is based on the grace of God. God works His grace towards these people according to their faith in the Messiah, the Christ. These people are forgiven for all the things that they have done wrong, if they believe in the Messiah, the Christ.

The question should be, "How can Muslims keep from hating Islam?" After all, they need to work for their salvation. And they never know for sure if they have worked hard enough. But the Jews and the Christians have received FORGIVENESS from God. Jews and Christians KNOW that they will have a good place in Heaven.

Smiley

That's stupid. Have you read the Quran? Everybody prayers are about forgiveness and gratitude. Your answer is biased as you have knowledge about Christian religion only.

That's stupid. Have you read the Bible? Everybody prayers are about forgiveness and gratitude. Your answer is biased as you have knowledge about islam religion only.

Hey! That works too...

Smiley

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 05:08:15 PM

Smiley

That's stupid. Have you read the Bible? Everybody prayers are about forgiveness and gratitude. Your answer is biased as you have knowledge about islam religion only.

Hey! That works too...

Smiley

I'm just not so sure about any of this.  Because I have not had an answer on whether the Heaven of Islam allows me the bacon that I truly want.
dominicg

Activity: 166

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 05:43:17 PM

Smiley

Hey! That works too...

Smiley

I'm just not so sure about any of this.  Because I have not had an answer on whether the Heaven of Islam allows me the bacon that I truly want.

Fact is, media, governments and us have given too much of attention to a particular religion. That is why few people are trying to exploit it by bending the actual facts about that religion. And those few people have not started to think that they can rule the world because of the attention given to them. So it is actually not the religion's fault. It is us and those few people who are making everybody think that religion is bad.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 128 »
  Print  

Jump to: