Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:52:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 [1660] 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 ... 2248 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KanoPool since 2014 🐈 - PPLNS and Solo 0.5% fee - Worldwide - 2436 blocks  (Read 5350346 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (50 posts by 3+ users deleted.)
Travis726

Activity: 102
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:42:20 PM

I've been reading up and once I get to the next pay amount in btc.com I'm gonna point my hash at your pool (day or two). Only have a couple old s5's at the moment, but even more reason to avoid giving away btc.

I don't get at all why the biggest pools, are the biggest pools.. I'm guessing they grow because they are big, and they got big by being affiliated with bitmain?

Btc.com says they are giving you fees with their pps+ system or whatever it is, but I have my doubts as to how much of the fee they give out. (shared by many I know)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rifleman74

Activity: 658
Merit: 21

4 s9's 2 821's

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:46:03 PM

Next block, right this way

Yep, it's hammer time.  CAN'T TOUCH THIS!
wavelengthsf

Merit: 118

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:52:38 PM

I've been reading up and once I get to the next pay amount in btc.com I'm gonna point my hash at your pool (day or two). Only have a couple old s5's at the moment, but even more reason to avoid giving away btc.

I don't get at all why the biggest pools, are the biggest pools.. I'm guessing they grow because they are big, and they got big by being affiliated with bitmain?

Btc.com says they are giving you fees with their pps+ system or whatever it is, but I have my doubts as to how much of the fee they give out. (shared by many I know)

You should mine here at least a month to get a true experience. The pool uses PPLNS to prevent pool hopping, so that miners aren't jumping in and out all the time.
Serenity01

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 08:34:05 PM

I only started in Dec, and I am like you exploring the other pools and doing research before committing to this one.

I think a huge part of why the hashrate distribution % in the pools are the way they are:
1) large company mining farms (Bitmain-Antpool, Bitfury, etc.)
2) Cloud mining... ugh... for example, Hashflare only gives you the top pools as options. At least Slush is an option on Hashflare... except Hashflare gives you NONE of the Tx fees from Slush anyway... There's massive hashrate coming from Hashflare I believe, and I think you can see it on the Slush pool stats (EU lines)
3) newbs
4) instant gratification

I first dedicated to Slush, then tried BTC.com for BCH on bad-luck days from Slush. BTC.com was shady af though. Their explanation of fees:
"When users mine on BTC pool, they should pay mining fee to BTC pool. When users send a transaction to others via bitcoin, they should pay transaction fee to workers."

They don't actually describe the actual % amount of reward you get because they change it/it fluctuates behind the scenes, and they don't seem to include Tx fees fully in block rewards; either way they seem to reward always lower than Slush, except on really bad-luck Slush days.

I don't see it anymore, but I mined a couple days on BTC.com during the holidays, and they hosted a holiday daily rewards/contest; you click on a "lootbox" basically. One of the rules of the contest was something like, "BTC.com reserves the right to affect the selection of winners"... GG lol

OTOH, they did pay regularly daily, so you don't necessarily feel the urge to have to do a "block dance". I guess that's a plus lol.
MattMell

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 08:53:43 PM

OTOH, they did pay regularly daily, so you don't necessarily feel the urge to have to do a "block dance". I guess that's a plus lol.

What do you mean ? The block dances are the only reason most of us mine here. Thats a condition of mining here Wink
rifleman74

4 s9's 2 821's

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:16:44 PM

What do you mean ? The block dances are the only reason most of us mine here. Thats a condition of mining here Wink

Let's do this...TIME TO DANCE WITH KANO-SAN
Thrash

Activity: 519
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:17:14 PM

Yep
fjtropepe

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:11:20 PM

It comes down to giving up present pleasure for future gain. Once you are ramped up it is a different story. Most people that complain would rather give up a decent chunk of coin in order to see the payments daily. What does it matter? I tend to think these are the same people that spent 6k on ebay for n S9 with two bad hashboards.
HSchmirPo

Activity: 47

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:01:08 PM

I just turn in into blockerplorer.com and got this message:
'
In August 2017, Bitcoin forked into two variants. These have taken radically different paths.
Looking at the situation one quarter later, it is clear to us that the Blockstream fork of bitcoin diverges so radically from the ideas presented in the Bitcoin white paper, that it is an evolutionary dead end. While it may still have high trading value, as a mere collectible of curiosity, the Blockstream fork of bitcoin is not part of building any future financial infrastructure, which is what Block Explorer is about.
A currency of the future has subcent optional usage fees and instant transactions. The Blockstream fork of Bitcoin ("Bitcoin Legacy") is at $20 usage fees and rising, with no end in sight, and can take days to confirm, despite unfulfilled promises to the contrary on both points when Segwit activated in what can only be described as a community fistfight. We are therefore making the decision to consider the Blockstream fork deprecated, and support it as legacy technology only.
Rather, we have made the decision to support the only bitcoin fork with a postive utility momentum, which is Bitcoin Cash. We took an early decision to deploy a Bitcoin Cash block explorer and will continue to roll out related services. We are also deploying tools for other cryptocurrencies we find on a positive momentum path, such as ZCash, which have increased privacy value.
We will not add future support for the Blockstream fork of bitcoin ("Bitcoin Legacy"), and will be deprecating it entirely at some future point in time to be determined. Developments have revealed it to be a dead end. At such a time, we will refer to Bitcoin Cash as Bitcoin only, but will make some effort to not break API calls by changing URLs of legacy automated systems.
'
So my question: Is it right, that Bitmain overtake this Domain?
If taht is correct, then i think that we, as miners for BTC must have a correct answer!

Jeremiah1610

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:05:07 PM

Hey all, got my 3 s9's pointed at KanoPool. Glad to be apart of the team. Mine on.
-EOS-

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:08:54 PM

Hey all, got my 3 s9's pointed at KanoPool. Glad to be apart of the team. Mine on.

Nice!!  Sit back, be patient, and do the block dance   Tongue
bustacap

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:25:50 PM

Hi, also a new member of kano pool. Maybe a noob question but i did not receive payment on block 503342. I did however receive block 503173 payment. Dunno if something went wrong or it's just need to give it more time.
Anyone receive payment?
trev59

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:29:29 PM

Hello! I am new on Kanopool( I was on antpool before) and I have pointed my poor 16Th/s on Kanopool... happynewyear
fjtropepe

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:37:13 PM

Hi, also a new member of kano pool. Maybe a noob question but i did not receive payment on block 503342. I did however receive block 503173 payment. Dunno if something went wrong or it's just need to give it more time.
Anyone receive payment?

You will get the payment when we find the next block.
fjtropepe

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:38:22 PM

Hello! I am new on Kanopool( I was on antpool before) and I have pointed my poor 16Th/s on Kanopool... happynewyear

Welcome. We need to get this block party started.
rifleman74

4 s9's 2 821's

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:41:30 PM

I just turn in into blockerplorer.com and got this message:
'
In August 2017, Bitcoin forked into two variants. These have taken radically different paths.
Looking at the situation one quarter later, it is clear to us that the Blockstream fork of bitcoin diverges so radically from the ideas presented in the Bitcoin white paper, that it is an evolutionary dead end. While it may still have high trading value, as a mere collectible of curiosity, the Blockstream fork of bitcoin is not part of building any future financial infrastructure, which is what Block Explorer is about.
A currency of the future has subcent optional usage fees and instant transactions. The Blockstream fork of Bitcoin ("Bitcoin Legacy") is at $20 usage fees and rising, with no end in sight, and can take days to confirm, despite unfulfilled promises to the contrary on both points when Segwit activated in what can only be described as a community fistfight. We are therefore making the decision to consider the Blockstream fork deprecated, and support it as legacy technology only.
Rather, we have made the decision to support the only bitcoin fork with a postive utility momentum, which is Bitcoin Cash. We took an early decision to deploy a Bitcoin Cash block explorer and will continue to roll out related services. We are also deploying tools for other cryptocurrencies we find on a positive momentum path, such as ZCash, which have increased privacy value.
We will not add future support for the Blockstream fork of bitcoin ("Bitcoin Legacy"), and will be deprecating it entirely at some future point in time to be determined. Developments have revealed it to be a dead end. At such a time, we will refer to Bitcoin Cash as Bitcoin only, but will make some effort to not break API calls by changing URLs of legacy automated systems.
'
So my question: Is it right, that Bitmain overtake this Domain?
If taht is correct, then i think that we, as miners for BTC must have a correct answer!

That is just Roger Ver and Bitmain trying to take over Bitcoin as "Bitcoin Cash".  It is not revealed to be a dead end, not by a long shot. 
fjtropepe

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 01:57:47 AM
Last edit: January 11, 2018, 02:08:31 AM by fjtropepe

Kano,
     Talk to me about the SPLNS payment method and the pros and cons there. I was just reading your buddies pool info and it sounded intriguing although I am not convinced. Serious question. I googled it and there was no information.
AerialGopher

Activity: 196
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 02:31:35 AM

I guess it depends where you live, but my 3 S7s and even my S7-LN are turning a nice profit. My electricity costs are .08/kw and then it goes down to .03/kw after the first 1000 kw are consumed. Looking forward to the next block to see what my total of 15 TH is going to bring. I know that's small time compared to some people, but we have to start somewhere!

Your electricity actually goes DOWN the more you use?  WOW, My S9's want to move there.  Mine is the same regardless of use, but its not 3 cents!  FYI, I was at 3.99 cents, plus then there is a transmission and some other fees that added about 2 cents per Kwh... so you should pay attention to that. Depending on how they bill it.  Ironically here commercial power is the same on the Regulated rate option and the transmission fee and distribution fees are just ever so slightly less than the residential ones.  The only higher fee is a Daily ?Access? fee that is about 50 cents a day more, so 15 dollars.  But you can recover that if you use a whole bunch of power.

I have a location I can use, and even can get Fiber internet, and will cost about 5000 Cnd to install new service and plugs to host about 40 antminers....  now that being said... how do i get my hands on 40 antminers? :-)
kano (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 02:37:35 AM

Kano,
     Talk to me about the SPLNS payment method and the pros and cons there. I was just reading your buddies pool info and it sounded intriguing although I am not convinced. Serious question. I googled it and there was no information.
Firstly it increases variance even more than by it being a tiny pool.

Your reward is based on the luck of the shares your miners find - which is something you have no control over.
Here the reward is based on the work you do, not the luck of each individual share you submit.
i.e. here it's fairly based on the work you do, not some other random calculation.

The luck element here is of course the basis of how PPLNS works - the luck of everyone on the pool finding a block.

The ramp up and down in his SPLNS is stated as not linear, so it would require an analysis by someone with a good statistical background to see if it has basic exploitable flaws in the function used.

The blockfinder on SPLNS loses his first block finder fee coz the pool code wont code in the block finder (see p2pool code how to do that - I guess it's beyond him Tongue)
Of course having a block finding fee also increases variance and makes the chance for little guys to take sizeable rewards from large miners.
Basically it's a pool for small miners - anyone with a large hash rate wouldn't go near it if they had any sense - thus being all small miners makes that pointless also Smiley

They keep going on about how the early miners get a better cut of the 5Nd until the pool has mined 5Nd.
Yes that's correct, if you join before they reach 5Nd you're paying the early miners some of your rewards and thus getting less yet again.

He also doesn't test his code and leaves that as a risk to miners and the general public.
That pool lost a whole block coz he didn't even try to put a proper test block through his code.
It's easy to test low diff blocks, change one line in ckpool and one line in bitcoin
(I even told him that last time he lost 2 blocks on his solo pool due to not testing code and ignoring someone pointing out the 1st block that was lost)
The current git (dated Nov-2017) for ckpool crashes every time if you start it in node mode ... yeah he doesn't test his code ... one would be a fool to go near a pool run by an arrogant prick who thinks he's gods gift to coding, and doesn't need to test his code properly, but has no computer training, and has clear cases of people losing out due to his arrogance.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
fjtropepe

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 02:44:14 AM

Kano,
Firstly it increases variance even more than by it being a tiny pool.

Your reward is based on the luck of the shares your miners find - which is something you have no control over.
Here the reward is based on the work you do, not the luck of each individual share you submit.
i.e. here it's fairly based on the work you do, not some other random calculation.

The luck element here is of course the basis of how PPLNS works - the luck of everyone on the pool finding a block.

The ramp up and down in his SPLNS is stated as not linear, so it would require an analysis by someone with a good statistical background to see if it has basic exploitable flaws in the function used.

The blockfinder on SPLNS loses his first block finder fee coz the pool code wont code in the block finder (see p2pool code how to do that - I guess it's beyond him Tongue)
Of course having a block finding fee also increases variance and makes the chance for little guys to take sizeable rewards from large miners.
Basically it's a pool for small miners - anyone with a large hash rate wouldn't go near it if they had any sense - thus being all small miners makes that pointless also Smiley

They keep going on about how the early miners get a better cut of the 5Nd until the pool has mined 5Nd.
Yes that's correct, if you join before they reach 5Nd you're paying the early miners some of your rewards and thus getting less yet again.

He also doesn't test his code and leaves that as a risk to miners and the general public.
That pool lost a whole block coz he didn't even try to put a proper test block through his code.
It's easy to test low diff blocks, change one line in ckpool and one line in bitcoin
(I even told him that last time he lost 2 blocks on his solo pool due to not testing code and ignoring someone pointing out the 1st block that was lost)
The current git (dated Nov-2017) for ckpool crashes every time if you start it in node mode ... yeah he doesn't test his code ... one would be a fool to go near a pool run by an arrogant prick who thinks he's gods gift to coding, and doesn't need to test his code properly, but has no computer training, and has clear cases of people losing out due to his arrogance.

Interesting stuff. Thanks for the details and increasing my knowledge on the subject. This is and why I have been parked here.
Pages: « 1 ... 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 [1660] 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 ... 2248 »
  Print  

Jump to: