Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 04:23:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 [256] 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 ... 2248 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KanoPool since 2014 🐈 - PPLNS and Solo 0.5% fee - Worldwide - 2436 blocks  (Read 5350625 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (50 posts by 3+ users deleted.)
carlosmnk

Activity: 572
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 05:41:42 PM

I just looked through the last couple days on the thread and figured out the problem.

Nobody has mentioned chicken since the last block was found!  Cheesy

I'll eat chicken today.  Grin

let's eat chicken until we explode then  Grin

Played with: USB RedFury - BlackArrows Prospero X1/X3 - Butterfly Monarch- Spondoolies SP20E - Avalon 6 - Antminer U3/S3/S3+/C1/S5/S7 Batches 3-7-8 - Sfards SF100 - Innosilicon A2 Terminator - Alcheminer 96/256 - KNC Titan - Etherum Rigs
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 06:03:13 PM

I'm still chewing my old chicken sind 102h 13m
o_solo_miner
Legendary

Activity: 2459
Merit: 1477

-> morgen, ist heute, schon gestern <-

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 06:25:16 PM

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Maybe you are choose the wrong chick....

Cheesy

from the creator of CGMiner http://solo.ckpool.org for Solominers
paused: passthrough for solo.ckpool.org => stratum+tcp://rfpool.org:3334
torepia

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 06:48:02 PM

Damn thats nasty! :p
basv123

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 08:17:28 PM

hahahaha i like that chick
Rikim4ru

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 10:53:40 PM

we just need a RESTART.

Jethroz

Activity: 16

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 01:16:43 AM

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

https://i.imgur.com/xGm0nB2.jpg

Cheesy

Mrs Garrison should have used sunscreen!   Tongue
LoneRangir

Activity: 615
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 01:29:20 AM

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Cheesy

Ummm....  That's a turkey...  No wonder we haven't broke this block...
LoneRangir

Activity: 615
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 01:34:04 AM

gecox22

Activity: 778
Merit: 515

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 01:57:32 AM

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Cheesy

Thats gotta be the oddest thing I have ever seen. Makes my imagination wonder what the chicken looked like before it was cook. But if it helps get this block every one should be baking some chicken tonight..Smiley I had General tso's for dinner..Smiley 

sloopy

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 03:57:14 AM

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Cheesy

Ummm, is it just me?
Or, does this chikurkey have nipples?

Transaction fees go to the pools and the pools decide to pay them to the miners. Anything else, including off-chain solutions are stealing and not the way Bitcoin was intended to function.
Make the block size set by the pool. Pool = miners and they get the choice.
thedreamer
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 04:18:27 AM

I'm guessing that's kind of what Bruce Jenner looks like nekkid.  :HURL:

Go Big or Go Home.
sloopy

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 05:10:03 AM

I'm guessing that's kind of what Bruce Jenner looks like nekkid.  :HURL:

I am so immature, and then you give me a visual like such!
I feel I must pass the crown   Shocked Grin Lips sealed

Transaction fees go to the pools and the pools decide to pay them to the miners. Anything else, including off-chain solutions are stealing and not the way Bitcoin was intended to function.
kano (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4508
Merit: 1821

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 01:44:51 PM

Just for luck Tongue ... I've added a luck graph to the 'Pool' menu.

Yep the pool has had it's ups and downs.
Fortunately more ups than downs - the current down isn't actually the worst one either.

The points in the different colours on the graph are the average luck for that point and either side of it.
e.g. for the 5 Block line, it's the average of each block and the 2 either side of it.

Of course the averages are done correctly as 1/(diff mean)

Now if that could actually make a difference to the luck Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
* kano makes sacrifices to the block Gods ...

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
sloopy

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 08:30:23 PM
Last edit: October 24, 2015, 08:50:28 PM by sloopy

Just for luck Tongue ... I've added a luck graph to the 'Pool' menu.

Yep the pool has had it's ups and downs.
Fortunately more ups than downs - the current down isn't actually the worst one either.

The points in the different colours on the graph are the average luck for that point and either side of it.
e.g. for the 5 Block line, it's the average of each block and the 2 either side of it.

Of course the averages are done correctly as 1/(diff mean)

Now if that could actually make a difference to the luck Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
* kano makes sacrifices to the block Gods ...

I like this Kano. I am definitely a visual learner and displaying the luck this way works well for me.
I usually have a slightly difficult time trying to determine what some of the data means at the bottom.

I know you are working on making improvements, constantly, but if you ever want some help with a .doc, etc to explain what the values on each screen mean to an end user I would be happy to help. Or maybe I am the only one who cannot seem to determine a thing or two.

For example on the new Pool - Luck page, is it Month-day?/12 what is the 12? hours?
On the shift graph screen when I turn on the time what is the format? UTC, Military?
On the WORKERS-workers screen  what is the "Elapsed" showing me. For example at the moment I see 24m 23s, obviously minutes and seconds but since what? Shift start?
Is my share rate the actual number of shares I submit in X amount of time? What does X = ?
On the Shifts page, what does Inv Diff tell me? IT is a difficulty of some type. Individual? Hrmm INV and I got nothing, but the values can swing wildly for me in an inconsistent way. I might show 21.132k on one shift and then the very next shows 4.648k without anything changing. (To my knowledge at this point anyway)

Finally, how much hash do I need to rent to kick this block's arse? J/K, I know you can tell me how to calculate a good guestimate, but I stayed up all night reorganizing the miner rack. I decided to roll some dice for a few weeks and put all of the S3s and S3+ miners I'd planned to sell back online. I am going to upgrade them one by one today to your S3 firmware. Any words of advice before I start?
I usually do not tick the box to keep my settings and then just set it up again. That has been more successful with bitmain crappy firmware. It is a slight pain to get it back on my network since I have to login to it locally first, but I haven't bricked one in a while Smiley

Feel free to ignore my web site questions. I am betting you have answered all of these more than once. It is simply not that easy to use this boards search function. I think more people would use it if it as slightly more intuitive. I know I'd rather find the answers without needing to ask, but there is simply not a straightforward method to find: On the Shifts page, what does Inv Diff tell me?

Of Course there is always the possibility I am being thick headed. Or maybe I should insert "certain probability" over "possibility."

Seriously though, if there is anything I could do to help with explaining fields on the website, I would enjoy doing so, and would never ask for compensation, special treatment, home cooked meals Smiley seriously, nothing. It would be my pleasure, but I would need your guidance to get going. This offer is not me complaining in any form. I simply think a regular guy's guide to kano.is may help explain some things you do for us which people may not understand. Especially n00bcakes like me who really love to understand every little thing about mining.

Hell, I am still trying to understand what some of the values displayed  in a miner GUI mean. Other than the cgminer readme there are not many items documented. Which if you have been around since 2011 you probably evolved as these items were added so experienced each one, but if you started in fall 2014 there are many values which could mean something important.

Like, Accepted and discarded. In my general walking around thinking about it in an every day life comparison I would expect if things are working correctly the Accepted value should be much higher than discarded, but that is not the case. One of my S5 miners shows Accepted  at 655 and Discarded at 1,420. Where do I look to find what these things mean?
Or LSdiff and LStime. I understand they are difficulty and time values, but no clue where to look to figure out what the LS stands for, or Diff1 and DiffA. Obviously difficulty values, and DiffA is probably the accepted difficulty, but accepted by what, my miner accepting the pool difficulty, the pool?

These are real items I would like to understand, but I would rather learn to fish if there is a place to catch something around here.
Don't get me wrong, I would love it if you just answer a question about any random item, but I am probably pushing it as it is, so if you can point me to a resource, or part of the forum, or maybe I should be using a google search method to find these things easier on the forum?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
I better get hopping with some coffee before I am stuck like a rusted tin man in the wizard of oz. I hate it when I stay up all day, night, and next day, but man I get so much done, and it is hard to stop once you get that roll going.

and by the way, thank you for giving us this pool.
There is not another pool where I feel like I do not need to check on it. This is where I feel comfortable knowing you and CK provide us with the most stable mining environment around. I have no doubt that one day people are going to catch on to the facts of you two doing everything you do with the miner software, pool software, along with bitcoin community experience relative to the other pools available and realize that they need to park hash here and forget it for a few months.

I have no intention of supporting a F2pool / Discus, bitmain, or anyone else putting themselves above the network because they are too sleazy and selfish in their mining choices to make the changes needed.
Unless you and CK decide to close up shop there certainly isn't another viable candidate. I'd be forced to OGnasty and / or bitminter simply because I like doc and Og along with process of elimination. Elgius, hell no, never. I will never even use them as a backup.

Slush I did try, but no forum presence is so impersonal and the way they address your mining time is crazy. If you lose internet for a few minutes and the pool hits a block, nadda nothing for the miner. I understand he does it to push hoppers away, but it is counter productive. You cannot punish someone that much who just spent X amount of hours submitting work and then the miner needed a reboot and got hung up, or the internet provider decided to make a change and you are down for 20 minutes. The ramp down makes me sick. I missed out on 4 blocks within a couple of days and decided that alone was enough to get out of dodge.

P2Pool doesn't seem to have any consistent development or support. As you can tell, I need support haha. I sincerely love the concept, but it requires people staying on the forefront of current events, changes, in general anything happening to have a pool where I will invest this much time and money per month. I like OGNasty in the sense of doing business and talking with him. He seems like a straight up guy. The pool sounds like P2Pool, or an adaptation of such, and unfortunately way too low of consistent hashrate when I've checked. I don't think he is the developer either it is nonacompook or something like that who sounds intelligent, but I cannot see the P2Pool working in a modern (relative to how fast mining changes) fashion.

MMPool needs to move to a PPLNS payout system. I know you don't like the alts, but I enjoy playing with them. I don't think they are detractors for bitcoin I think they are like trading baseball cards. A side gig as it were, and nothing I take serious because of pump and dumps except I do have a thing for unobtanium. They have a great group of people driving the coin. Although there are always issues with the current developer it seems. MMPool uses DRM I believe, and I did not like that for a second, and they get DoSsed a good bit. I tried supporting him with a little bit of hash, but could not keep playing cat and mouse with the DoSser.  

That would be why I would always be at Kano.is or CK solo. If I lost those choices then I would move to bitminter and Ognasty to try it out, but if I didn't get on well there, I don't know where I would actually mine. I think I would go to P2Pool at that point versus the way most of the other pools treat the network and their miners.

Unless people do wake up and realize what is happening with SPV mining and empty blocks, not to mention the massive hash rate buildup in China the network will be corporatized and eventually the Chinese Government will own the bitcoin network security. Effectively having the ability to cause immense damage to the point of people turning away and turning off. It doesn't matter if it is an accident if you knowingly continue to perform the same actions but some people / pools like F2pool don't care about anything except themselves and making more coin. They choose this to the point of causing harm to what we love and blatantly, light-heartedly defend continuing to do so.
I don't think you are on the cutting edge of development if you are setting up yourself for failure. Just because it only hurts others is not a great business decision for long term product growth. I realized those guys were only in it for the quick cash when they commented after the fork happened that yes it happened due to their choices along with bip 66 being implemented and they weren't going to stop SPV mining. I would venture a guess we have seen an increase in 0 block sizes. They are making so much money they would rather continue to risk the long term stability of their pool, certainly their miners money, and reputation to continue SPV and 0 block mining.

This is eye - opening and great business school case study. Akin to the guy getting rich off penny stocks, no morals in business would always lead to a massive failure in a fair world, but I take consolation in knowing eventually they are going to do something which causes them to be on the wrong side of one of these decisions in a big way. It may be a giant fork where they start, then bitmain, then the btcchina start on a separate fork and the rest of the pools have to  start killing connections, nodes begin blocking them, and one day miner's begin to wise up to the fact that even IF you made more coin with either one of those pools it is not worth arming people who will harm something like bitcoin.

The bitcoin - blockchain is resilient and like a small child can fall down and get back up many times learning from it and evolving to meet it in the future, but if someone is causing that fall eventually the kid learns and does something about it or someone else steps in. We are at that point and baby bitcoin grew to toddler bitcoin and began walking. The fork knocked her down, and it isn't just those two pools, they happen to be one of the bigger problems today, but if people don't realize they will actually make more money at other pools, and stop following along like it doesn't matter we may very well never see little miss bitcoin through her juvenile years in the current form we know and love.

They cannot kill bitcoin with one specific action, but by allowing them to repeatedly knock her down we are endorsing such. If someone was at work and saw their boss push a kid in the dirt, saw them kick that kid in the stomach and that person kept right on working ignoring what was going on around them we as a society would condemn both the boss and the person, and both would probably be carrying an ass-whooping with them wherever they went. We need to figure out a better way to help people understand it isn't cool, it doesn't pay better, variance shouldn't be such a big deal (and there are other ways to control variance rather than supporting the wrong pool), and there will be long lasting scars which will be seen in various ways from their actions with the biggest leading to centralized mining and a laugh til you cry version of network security which no one will trust with their money. We need leaders who care more about the potential, understand what is at stake on all levels, and who aren't just after how much money they can make today.  

We can have all of the full nodes anyone ever would want, but if the hashrate is literally owned by two companies who admittedly work closely together the ecosystem will be damaged in such a way it will bring things to a halt long enough to start the snowball of failure leading to a massive amount of negative media attention which brings a lack of confidence in bitcoin. Once that level of a death roll begins it isn't going to be a technological thing which can be patched up, there will not be a hard fork to vote on, there will simply be an out of control spiral of a back and forth between selling, losing confidence, not only people selling their long term holding coin, but then other miners will sell equipment, leading to more discourse, more negative media, and each affects the other until it is a beaten down broken shell of what Satoshi originally thought he'd created. The thing we all fell in love with.

Killing bitcoin is like killing the internet, no one can do so, but, it can be made much less of what it is today by control and laws being passed by the wrong people and that is the exact scenario which will occur with bitcoin. Intentionally or not these guys are going to kick off an implosion for which there will not be a way back to where we are now. By the time the regulators and the media are done with it no one will touch it and they will keep happily using their apple pay, google pay. amazon coin, or whatever centralized piece of crap they see an advertisement for while streaming Dancing with the stars and going on with their miserable life without having given a proper chance or even showing that as even only one person they at least started mining somewhere other than a pool who supports the type of mining these pools do.

There will be plenty of distractions with the banks trying to split the blockchain from bitcoin, massive corporations taking an interest and even more "nothing but the bottom line right now" type of people. We should do more as a community to promote getting hash away from supporting bad people.

Hell, even if I'm wrong (which you may confirm the previous serious issues which caused forks on the main bitcoin.org site and via the F2pool pool and many other threads) is it worth the risk to our conjoined twins named bitcoin & blockchain?

basv123

Activity: 49

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 09:24:46 PM

What a lot of text on the saterdaynight.....

I hate last week....that's all
Jake36

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 10:15:45 PM

Well, I been putting it off (don't have enough hot sauce for some really good buffalo chicken), but the chicken is on the grill.   Cheesy
kano (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4508
Merit: 1821

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 11:56:42 PM
Last edit: October 25, 2015, 03:14:19 AM by kano

I like this Kano. I am definitely a visual learner and displaying the luck this way works well for me.
I usually have a slightly difficult time trying to determine what some of the data means at the bottom.
For example on the new Pool - Luck page, is it Month-day?/12 what is the 12? hours?
Yep hours.
The red numbers on the bottom right of (any) graph show the time line breakdown.
(until this change it showed all possible values and the active ones in red - it now just shows the active ones)
So for the Luck Graph it shows: 2 28d,  meaning that the key 'Date' is every 28 days and the lines are 2 every key
(i.e. lines are every 14 days .... and if it was without a 'd' that would means hours)
Since it's 28 days it's not really relevant what the minutes are, but now the Month is needed, so I display Month-Day/Hour if the key is more than 24 hours.

On the shift graph screen when I turn on the time what is the format? UTC, Military?
It's UTC or local, depening on the 'UTC' check box at the top.
The format is DD/HH:MM (where DD is the month Day)

On the WORKERS-workers screen  what is the "Elapsed" showing me. For example at the moment I see 24m 23s, obviously minutes and seconds but since what? Shift start?
The "«Elapsed" is pointing to the "Share Rate" Smiley
That's the elapsed time since the "Share Rate" was reset - it resets every network block.
It also starts when you first connect a worker for the first time mining.
The idea there is that it gives you feedback when you start mining, showing you that shares are being submitted.
It has high variance of course since it's only a short time frame (since the last network block, or when you first connected - whichever is shorter)

Is my share rate the actual number of shares I submit in X amount of time? What does X = ?
X = "«Elapsed"
"Share Rate" = "Diff Submitted for the past «Elapsed" * 2^32 / "«Elapsed"
i.e. the shares submitted over that short "«Elapsed" period converted to a hash rate

On the Shifts page, what does Inv Diff tell me?
Invalid/Rejected share difficulty for that shift

S3
I am going to upgrade them one by one today to your S3 firmware. Any words of advice before I start?
I usually do not tick the box to keep my settings and then just set it up again. That has been more successful with bitmain crappy firmware. It is a slight pain to get it back on my network since I have to login to it locally first, but I haven't bricked one in a while Smiley
My change isn't a firmware replacement so you don't use that screen.
It's all described at https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer-binaries/tree/master/AntS3
So yeah it can't actually brick the S3 Smiley
It does survive a power cycle.

Like, Accepted and discarded.
Ignore Discarded - it's got nothing to do with shares.
I remove it from the S3 screen Smiley
(It's mentioned in the cgminer README)
Nope it's even gone from there - coz cgminer no longer displays it on the screen.
Consider it something that Bitmain put on the web page coz they don't even know what it is Smiley
It's an internal counter of unused work that's been discarded - yep nothing to do with shares.
Bitmain make it high coz they don't understand at all what queue is - which has also been removed from cgminer.

Or LSdiff and LStime. I understand they are difficulty and time values, but no clue where to look to figure out what the LS stands for, or Diff1 and DiffA. Obviously difficulty values, and DiffA is probably the accepted difficulty, but accepted by what, my miner accepting the pool difficulty, the pool?
Yeah I rearranged the whole screen on my S3 version and removed completely useless stuff.
The Bitmain screen view is how Bitmain display it ...

"LS" stands for "Last Share"
"DiffA" stands for "Difficulty Accepted" whereas "Accepted" is the number of shares accepted which isn't as much use - so I rearranged that on my version of the screen also.

Smiley

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
sloopy

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 04:25:34 AM

I appreciate you taking the time to answer those questions.
I am going to utilize some of it right now.

This is great information.

Thank You very much.

Jethroz

Activity: 16

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 03:40:59 PM

Maybe we just needed a wall of text to read while eating our chicken?  Tongue

Finally Block!
Pages: « 1 ... 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 [256] 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 ... 2248 »
  Print  

Jump to: