Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:47:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 [255] 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 ... 2248 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KanoPool since 2014 🐈 - PPLNS and Solo 0.5% fee - Worldwide - 2436 blocks  (Read 5350280 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (50 posts by 3+ users deleted.)
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1632

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2015, 04:00:22 AM

I remember when ck's signature read to the effect 'only ignoring luke jr.'
That's when I tried to figure out who's who or what around here and I came to the conclusion that jr. guy was some sort of a jesus freak who also happened to 'pick up' on ck's early open source? miner and bend it to his liking. This is my current understanding.

To the point, jesus freaks aren't supposed to steal and cheat. This too is my current understanding.
And he's still the only person on my ignore list. Unfortunately in that time the landscape has changed so much and so many people have moved on and newcomers replaced them that the reason for the argument is not known by many of the current people in the bitcoin world - most people think it's a simple matter of "why don't you just make up and be friends?". But search enough and the history on the internet doesn't lie about where source code came from, who wrote it first, what claims were made, and how ridiculous he was, is and will continue to be. Then one can understand why that is not a solution. The biggest continuing problem is I try to remain out of the arguments, but in this world if you don't defend yourself, then people just end up believing the person who shouts loudest and longest and silence is assumed as guilt through being unable to defend oneself. Kano enjoys such fights and I have him to thank for defending when the trolling resurfaces (as it often does). I have no time for them...

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kano (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 04:59:42 AM

Smiley

Payout 379604 sent
6905173afd98442c00f2a1db6fc69f3ce3b6fdf5a2305e419b8beac9935c964c
and confirmed

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Dmc123dmc

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Time is the one thing you can't run from

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2015, 06:33:38 AM

Has anybody had issues with Kano's s3 update? The day i moved my 2x s3's here i updated them with Kano's update. I bought anther s3 whilst mining here and it came with an earlier version of the update perhaps. I know it looked different to what i had with my other 2. I left it with that update. Saturday i noticed my hash rate was down a lot. I checked the miners and the most recent one wasn't hashing. There were no values in the status area. I rebooted it and stayed the same. unplugged it for a bit and powered on it was still the same. I did a factory reset through the web GUI and it started hashing again. So I put the latest update on the same as my other 2 and it hashed for a while so i thought problem was solved. I discovered yesterday it had died again sometime after the update. I have factory reset it again and is hashing happily again for the last 2 hours. Any good advice out there?

Noticed over the weekend that my 2 S3s (both /K software versions) started acting strange also but everything seems to be going well this morning. Just glanced at them now and both keep showing less than 10GH/s in the GH/S(5s) box, even though the pool stats show what I should be submitting.

It was, however, enough to plant the S7 seed in my head again...
One cause can be if the time jumps forward - the web/API elapsed will show that.
My update also checks if the time jumps forward more than 70 days and will kill and restart cgminer - that will also come into effect if it has been mining for 70 days.

If the time jumped forward a lot but less than 70 days it would show a low hash rate.
The pool of course will know the corrected hash rate based on the proper time.

The "Share Rate" on the Workers page can also help see that it's working ok - it shows the hash rate for the given short interval "«Elapsed"
It resets every network block, thus shows the shares submitted since then converted directly to a hash rate.
Note also, the "Share Rate" for my antminer cgminer versions will have high variance since I set the internal work difficulty as high as possible to match the pool work difficulty (but of course less than or equal to the pool difficulty)

I noticed it was down on the website. It said the last share was submitted 4 days ago by worker 3. I will leave it a few days and try reinstalling the update. Is there anything i can show you or give to you if it happens again to diagnose the fault? If so i'm happy to help.

██████████  ✔  PoSToken - First PoS Smart Contract Token - Get Your Free Tokens Now!
█     PoSToken    █  ✔  Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO  ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
██████████  ✔  ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 08:13:58 AM

I noticed it was down on the website. It said the last share was submitted 4 days ago by worker 3. I will leave it a few days and try reinstalling the update. Is there anything i can show you or give to you if it happens again to diagnose the fault? If so i'm happy to help.
Well at this point I can only suggest running it without the update - since I'd expect it to have the same problem.

Note that unless you can reproduce the problem over a specific time range, you may find that switching between versions will have the expected random effect of "who knows when the problem will happen again"

One thing to look at with my cgminer version would be the stats output - e.g. temperature and usb errors.
The usb errors in the S3 aren't true usb errors, but rather show problems talking to the fpga that runs the chips.
If you have another computer you could periodically (every 5 minutes?) run and log an API summary+devs+estats and look for a pattern in that leading up to when it happens.

I did get someone with hundreds of S3s to test it and they are still using it, so I would have expected some response if it was failing after a period of time, thus I'd expect it to not be a cgminer issue.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
p3yot33at3r

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 09:42:58 AM
Last edit: October 20, 2015, 03:10:53 PM by p3yot33at3r

Love this quote:

The biggest continuing problem is I try to remain out of the arguments, but in this world if you don't defend yourself, then people just end up believing the person who shouts loudest and longest and silence is assumed as guilt through being unable to defend oneself..... I have no time for them...

The same could be said for a few other forum members on BCT I think  Wink
pepto

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 02:42:11 PM
Last edit: October 20, 2015, 03:00:12 PM by pepto

Why cant I cut or copy from paint and paste here?
No, that's not the question.
I'm on the shifts page.
The names to the left appear really random and multi-national. Are they randomly generated to help identify the shift?
Shifts appear to be around 45 minutes so I guess that if you're mining for more than that, you're 'in' for that shift.
The 'your diff' column says 60/63 but I'm mining at diff 80.
What's the 'inv diff'. It's either 0 or 80 as I read it. Why the difference?
Why to the right is the PPS%? It's either 0 or if I scroll down it jumps to 19 or so%. Why does this matter.

If you want to make mountains out of molehills I can help.
ZACHM

Activity: 777
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 03:51:11 PM

I'm on the shifts page.
The names to the left appear really random and multi-national. Are they randomly generated to help identify the shift?
Shifts appear to be around 45 minutes so I guess that if you're mining for more than that, you're 'in' for that shift.
Why to the right is the PPS%? It's either 0 or if I scroll down it jumps to 19 or so%. Why does this matter.

The names are not random, they are alphabetical: akatsuki, belldandy, charlotte
Yes, they are used to identify the shift. Kano said they are female anime character names.

You don't need to be mining the whole shift to be "in", all shares submitted are counted and will be rewarded as long as they are within 500% of the next block found.

I'm not sure about how to explain the "your diff" and "inv diff", I'll let someone else answer those.

PPS% is the PPS equivalent for what we have been credited so far for that shift. Notice the ones that are 19.87% have rewards 1, meaning that those shifts have been counted in 1 block so far, then scroll down and see 39.69% have rewards 2, they have been counted in two blocks.
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 05:51:15 PM

That's when I tried to figure out who's who or what around here and I came to the conclusion that jr. guy was some sort of a jesus freak who also happened to 'pick up' on ck's early open source? miner and bend it to his liking. This is my current understanding.

To the point, jesus freaks aren't supposed to steal and cheat. This too is my current understanding.
And he's still the only person on my ignore list. Unfortunately in that time the landscape has changed so much and so many people have moved on and newcomers replaced them that the reason for the argument is not known by many of the current people in the bitcoin world - most people think it's a simple matter of "why don't you just make up and be friends?". But search enough and the history on the internet doesn't lie about where source code came from, who wrote it first, what claims were made, and how ridiculous he was, is and will continue to be. Then one can understand why that is not a solution. The biggest continuing problem is I try to remain out of the arguments, but in this world if you don't defend yourself, then people just end up believing the person who shouts loudest and longest and silence is assumed as guilt through being unable to defend oneself. Kano enjoys such fights and I have him to thank for defending when the trolling resurfaces (as it often does). I have no time for them...

My observation, for what it is worth, is that actually Kano trolls the eligius thread.  My further observation is that it is readily apparent why nobody can get along with Luke Jr because he posts like someone who is mentally incapable of understanding that other people have valid points of view that differ from his own.  He speaks from the assumption that he is already 100% correct. I have always found wizkid to be reasonable although to the most recent issue, why he wouldn't think that it was worthwhile to prevent people throwing away their hashrate if they incorrectly enter an address I do not know.  Maybe just because Kano showed up to troll about it.  I can understand taking a position just because someone who bugged me tried to force me to take another.  Also just for the record @kano, no I don't think you are simply a troll and I find you a pretty reasonable voice in general but there is no doubt that your posts in the eligius thread are trolling in nature, as I said, just an observation.  You seem to have an axe to grind and every so often you stop by there to grind it.

I have been mining on eligius for a couple years, I have also mined here in the past, and have mined on bitminter for over a year (and most of the other smaller pools at some point).  Organofcorti made a recommendation to me a long time ago which I have tried to follow as to spreading hashrate on multiple pools to decrease variance, and I have always tried to support smaller pools to help reduce centralization.  I did move half of my eligius hashrate back over here after this latest little dust up though.  I thought Luke's "lol" response to someone mining with more then a Petahash on a misconfigured address was more over the top a-hole than even he usually manages.  But wizkid gave a reasonable response in that he would work with the miner if they asked to make sure they were compensated.  Even so, luck there has been horrible lately so I was contemplating moving anyway.
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 09:01:52 PM
Last edit: October 20, 2015, 09:13:57 PM by kano

I'm on the shifts page.

To expand on the reply already given Smiley

The characters to the left of the shift name are a base 32 encoding of (the number of seconds since 2-Jan-2014) / 16
The name on the right is an incrementing a-z name for each consecutive shift.

The "Your Diff" is the total share Difficulty you submitted in that shift
The "Inv Diff" is the total rejected share Difficulty you submitted in that shift

The PPS% is how much each share has been rewarded compared to 100% PPS
Shifts above the red line may be rewarded again (they are expected, on average, when pool luck is 100%, to be rewarded 5 times)
Shifts below the red line will not be rewarded again and their final PPS% value won't increase.
The BTC marker shows each block found and thus the PPS% will change (go up) at that point, reading down the page.
When a difficulty change occurs, you will notice that the shift PPS% is also affected.
Shifts (as of recently) also end on the network block before a difficulty change.

tl;dr of the shift name follows:
The shift 'code' makes for a small but readable code that (as you may notice) increases with each shift
However, the first 5 characters are not guaranteed to be unique, since more than one shift could start/end within 16 seconds, so I added a single character 'a' to 'z' on the end, since it's not possible to have 26 shifts end in 16 seconds.
Thus I had a small and simple to read (currently 5+1 character) code rather than a long number
Then I had the idea of instead using a name for each letter since it was more interesting Smiley
You will notice that the a-z character added on the end is always sequential, so for any sequence of 26 shifts, that's unique, so it's easy to identify a shift by name (e.g. kosaki) without having to remember the full 5 character code and not confuse which one, if you refer to the approximate time also. A shift a-z name can usually only occur at most twice a day.

pepto

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 04:42:12 PM

I'm glad you're running this place and not me  Roll Eyes
thebonenz

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 02:17:56 AM
Last edit: October 22, 2015, 03:55:06 AM by thebonenz

Love this quote:

The biggest continuing problem is I try to remain out of the arguments, but in this world if you don't defend yourself, then people just end up believing the person who shouts loudest and longest and silence is assumed as guilt through being unable to defend oneself..... I have no time for them...

The same could be said for a few other forum members on BCT I think  Wink

I've only been on the boards for a few weeks now but can tell how much CK and Kano have put into the community (which I'm assuming is thankless!). So I'm just a new hobby miner saying thanks! and when my s4 arrives my first pool will be this one! (it will be easy to do with an s4 right? haha)

Thanks guys keep up the good work! I'm sure you have helped countless noobs like me lol

Also is there a twitter feed for this pool?

I read in Doggies guide that there is a firmware problem with the Antminer s4 specifically relating to the difficulty level needing to be set to 2048 how will the interact with the pool calculated value?

Newbie hobby miner who just picked up an S4!
TheOneJester

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 02:42:02 AM

After a long hiatus of summer electricity prices, I have returned. Cheesy

pepto

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 04:37:25 AM
Last edit: October 22, 2015, 05:36:20 AM by pepto

Things were more interesting then.
I had a Lot to learn and learn it quick. How to make it work, not necessarily understand it.
Now I learn a little less quickly and without the urgency.
BUT, to stir up the pot only one last time I promise, and I hope LJr. doesn't find this and send a jihad my way.
One admission and I'm embarrassed, CGMiner let me down back in block erupter days. I really think you didn't give much of a hoot, probably because you were busy AND you recognized that this phenomenon would only last 2 or 3 months. I'd think the same if I could have.  But bfg did allow me to light up my table top and it was cool to watch the leds sweep across the surface.

So my big point?  I lost it.  Why does anyone think that bfg is a superior miner and why do they use it.
Everyone from bitmain to bitminor grabs CGminer and incorporates it. Who grabs bfg?
If the better answer is simply 'you got fords and you got chevy's, that's OK and palatable enough for me.

This tape will self destruct in 5 seconds.
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 09:40:09 AM

CGMiner let me down back in block erupter days. I really think you didn't give much of a hoot

I have always used CGMiner with my block erupters with no problem.  And I'm still using it with a handful of BE's.

Now that 49 port hub of theirs was total crap and never worked right for me.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 04:41:33 PM

CGMiner let me down back in block erupter days. I really think you didn't give much of a hoot

I have always used CGMiner with my block erupters with no problem.  And I'm still using it with a handful of BE's.

Why would you still run those?  I have a couple block erupters sitting in the corner right now, right next to my Big Fucking Liars jalapeno and little single.  They all still work but what's the point?
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 09:55:13 PM

I have always used CGMiner with my block erupters with no problem.  And I'm still using it with a handful of BE's.

Why would you still run those?  

I going to get my ROI out of them and my Jalapeno OR ELSE!!

Naw just kidding.  Just running them because I can and they still work.  It's getting cool at night but still warm during the day so I run the Monarchs at night and the BE's during the day since they don't generate much heat.  When winter hits I'll be running the hotter machines full time and probably solo mine the the BE's and see if they ever hit a block, which they most likely won't.  But if they do you'll definitely hear about it Smiley.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
gecox22

Activity: 778
Merit: 515

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 10:26:36 PM

Whelp looks like the month of October is going to be red block month it seems. Come on Green blocks find us again please!

ZACHM

Activity: 777
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 03:59:03 PM

I just looked through the last couple days on the thread and figured out the problem.

Nobody has mentioned chicken since the last block was found!  Cheesy

I'll eat chicken today.  Grin
tlhIlwI

Activity: 305
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 04:07:00 PM

Whelp looks like the month of October is going to be red block month it seems. Come on Green blocks find us again please!

Yes, please!  I still need 3 more blocks this month just to break even with the power cost for the month.

Subscribe to my Bitcoin Mining YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7eam9msr3I2qxzsCzRTuVQ
sorry2xs
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Dark Passenger Bitcoin miner 2013,Bitcoin node

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 04:15:00 PM

don't worry there is at least another  six coming mininmun

Please tip the Node 1MPWKB23NsZsXHANnFwVAWT86mL24fqAjF; KO4UX
THAT NO GOOD DO GOODER BAT!!!
Pages: « 1 ... 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 [255] 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 ... 2248 »
  Print  

Jump to: