Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:35:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: would you be interested in an next generation ASIC trade up program for your ModMiner Quad?
YES
NO

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 105 »
  Print  
Author Topic: High Efficiency FPGA & ASIC Bitcoin Mining Devices https://BTCFPGA.com  (Read 218400 times)
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 10:10:57 PM

cablepair, can you answer my question? If you say that you don't want to, that's fine for me (I will not ask again), but please either answer or say you don't want to.
(You can also answer via PM, I'll keep it to myself, if that's worth anything to you)

I'd like to know the answer too please.

Regards,

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ice_chill

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 10:25:22 PM

Sorry if this has already been asked, but will it be possible to run something else on these ASICs, such as some password cracking ? BFL said their ASICs could do it but they purposely disabled this feature so as to not run into export limitation.
cablepair (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 01:27:06 PM

Sorry if this has already been asked, but will it be possible to run something else on these ASICs, such as some password cracking ? BFL said their ASICs could do it but they purposely disabled this feature so as to not run into export limitation.

this would be possible with our device however you would likely need new firmware for the MCU chip which is something we would not be able to provide.
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 01:39:27 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2012, 02:41:42 PM by cablepair

cablepair, can you answer my question? If you say that you don't want to, that's fine for me (I will not ask again), but please either answer or say you don't want to.
(You can also answer via PM, I'll keep it to myself, if that's worth anything to you)

Regards,

M

The answer is simple. I never claimed to have a single chip that could do 27Gh/s, this is achieved through multiple hashing cores.

Also some more updates ....

in case you did not already know this - Manufacture of these Cell ASICS is already underway

We are working on the finishing touches of our board design and plan to produce a very small batch of release candidate boards to send to the following developers, some of which are currently employed through us and others who are just receiving units to help bring a wide spectrum of mining software support.

bASIC Development Team:

Luke-JR (Firmware/ Mining Software)
TheSeven (Hardware Testing / Mining Software)
Kano (mining software)
Ckvolias (mining software)

when the firmware and mining software is ready to go - we will move on to pcb fab, board assembly and last but certainly not least -shipping to customers...

Also I am happy to report that we are working out a deal with one of our competitors to supply these asic chips to them at a reasonable price to them , so that they may use in their own mining unit designs which strengthens the network and the market.

salty

Activity: 562
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 01:57:18 PM

Also I am happy to report that we are working out a deal with one of our competitors to supply these asic chips to them at a reasonable price to them , so that they may use them in their own mining unit designs which strengthens the network and the market.

Interesting and reassuring development.

Things are looking up for ASICs right now. I won't be one of the early adopters as I'm tied up with other stuff financially for the next 6 months, but good luck to all you trailblazers and I hope the difficulty curve doesn't go too mad before I can get on the bus Smiley
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 02:25:18 PM

ModMiner Quad UPDATE!

We have a NEW Firmware which has some exciting new features!

* WORKING Temp Sensors!
* Less HW Errors!
* Faster Mining Speeds!

You can Download the firmware here:

http://btcfpga.com/files/firmware/modminer.bin

To update the firmware you will need to follow this procedure.

Plug the modminer backplane into power source but do not plug into usb

Take two small pieces of bare copper wire or something similar

using the diagram:

Look for two boxes that say Reset and ISP on the sides of them

they each have four contact points around the boxes

use one piece of your bare copper wire to connect one of the contact points on the bottom of the reset to the contact point at the top of the reset and hold it there
(the led should dim at this point)
then while holding the first piece of wire take your second peice of copper wire and attach the bottom contact point of the ISP box to the top contact point and hold (if you did this right the light will stay dim)

at this point you can first remove the wire on the reset connections, and then after that release the wire that was connecting the isp contact points

if it worked your led will still be dim

now plug your modminer into your usb port on your computer, wait a few moments and it will be displayed as a flash memory device "CRP DISABLED"
you will see a file named firmware.bin - please delete that and then copy the new firmware file in it's place. You will not need to rename it to firmware.bin the chip will do this for you automatically
when this is completed simply unplug the usb from your computer and use one of your bare copper wires to connect the bottom contact point for RESET to the top contact point for RESET and remove the wire. In a few seconds your LED light should start blinking again to indicate the new firmware is loaded and everything is fine.

AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 02:49:34 PM

ModMiner Quad UPDATE!

We have a NEW Firmware which has some exciting new features!

* WORKING Temp Sensors!
* Less HW Errors!
* Faster Mining Speeds!

You can Download the firmware here:

http://btcfpga.com/files/firmware/modminer.bin

To update the firmware you will need to follow this procedure.

Plug the modminer backplane into power source but do not plug into usb

Take two small pieces of bare copper wire or something similar

using the diagram:

Look for two boxes that say Reset and ISP on the sides of them

they each have four contact points around the boxes

use one piece of your bare copper wire to connect one of the contact points on the bottom of the reset to the contact point at the top of the reset and hold it there
(the led should dim at this point)
then while holding the first piece of wire take your second peice of copper wire and attach the bottom contact point of the ISP box to the top contact point and hold (if you did this right the light will stay dim)

at this point you can first remove the wire on the reset connections, and then after that release the wire that was connecting the isp contact points

if it worked your led will still be dim

now plug your modminer into your usb port on your computer, wait a few moments and it will be displayed as a flash memory device "CRP DISABLED"
you will see a file named firmware.bin - please delete that and then copy the new firmware file in it's place. You will not need to rename it to firmware.bin the chip will do this for you automatically
when this is completed simply unplug the usb from your computer and use one of your bare copper wires to connect the bottom contact point for RESET to the top contact point for RESET and remove the wire. In a few seconds your LED light should start blinking again to indicate the new firmware is loaded and everything is fine.

Nice! Doing this as soon as I get home tonight!

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
ShadesOfMarble
Donator

Activity: 543
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 04:05:07 PM

Also I am happy to report that we are working out a deal with one of our competitors to supply these asic chips to them at a reasonable price to them , so that they may use in their own mining unit designs which strengthens the network and the market.
Does it start with "E" and end with "t"? Wink

Review of the Spondoolies-Tech SP10 „Dawson“ Bitcoin miner (1.4 TH/s)

[22:35] <Vinnie_win> Did anyone get paid yet? | [22:36] <Isokivi> pirate did!
TheHarbinger

Activity: 378

Why is it so damn hot in here?

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 04:17:15 PM

I seriously hope so, and I bet I'm not alone.

12Um6jfDE7q6crm1s6tSksMvda8s1hZ3Vj
k3t3r

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 04:34:54 PM

+1 that would be very good.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 05:26:25 PM

Very pleased to hear this particular development. Now we have an interesting set of choices when it comes to how we could invest in mining ASICs.

Vires in numeris
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 05:34:39 PM

Regards,

M

The answer is simple. I never claimed to have a single chip that could do 27Gh/s, this is achieved through multiple hashing cores.

Also some more updates ....

in case you did not already know this - Manufacture of these Cell ASICS is already underway

We are working on the finishing touches of our board design and plan to produce a very small batch of release candidate boards to send to the following developers, some of which are currently employed through us and others who are just receiving units to help bring a wide spectrum of mining software support.

bASIC Development Team:

Luke-JR (Firmware/ Mining Software)
TheSeven (Hardware Testing / Mining Software)
Kano (mining software)
Ckvolias (mining software)

when the firmware and mining software is ready to go - we will move on to pcb fab, board assembly and last but certainly not least -shipping to customers...

Bravo!
ice_chill

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 06:19:30 PM

I thought the same when I read the original post Smiley
DutchBrat

Activity: 868

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 07:37:32 PM

I thought the same when I read the original post Smiley

Maybe B . L :-P
purelithium

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 04:00:32 PM

Any update on the most recent batch of MMQ's and if they'll be shipped soon?

Like my post? 1H7bfRYh7F89mfmFgsRCdn4awDaUHQmYqY
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2012, 06:03:40 PM

Any update on the most recent batch of MMQ's and if they'll be shipped soon?

Yes I have been shipping them yesterday and today.

It is possible yours has already shipped

PM me with your name and order # please

SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2012, 07:19:40 PM

Am i understand this wrong or do you really have the first ASICS ready and you ship them already? Or is this about FPGAs only?

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2012, 07:29:36 PM

no no ASICS arent shipping until November/December we are currently shipping FPGA Based units

BTW;

Our website will be down temporarily, I had to give it it's own Dedicated IP address in order to install the SSL certificates, so while DNS servers are clearing their caches around the world you may not be able to access the site for awhile. This should all be remedied soon.

thanks!
gurki

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 08:36:47 PM

Any idea when the google wallet option will return cable?
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2012, 10:50:22 PM

SECURITY UPDATE:

I am happy to announce that I have purchased and installed an SSL certificate with full sha256 encryption from TrustWave SSL,  so all your activities on my site including financial transactions are completely safe and encrypted and as a matter of fact you are now forced to use https instead of http for everything.

I hope this addresses everyone's security concerns that they had in the past. Which by the way I thank you for bringing to my attention. With this new level of security there will be no need to bring back google checkout and I will stick to my new credit card processor Stripe.com, whom is very well respected and trusted in the payment processing industry.

For More information on stripe.com;s security please visit : https://stripe.com/help/security

For More information on TrustWave SSL , the company that provides my SSL security please visit: https://ssl.trustwave.com/#

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 105 »
  Print  

Jump to: