Elated/joyful
Happy/loving
Excited/surprised
Industrious/content
Fearful
Sad
Y
N

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 247 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Kingdom - 1991 Retro Virtual World(City)  (Read 632635 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
paulsonnumismatics

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

Honni Soit Qui Mal i Pense

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 01:48:20 PM

Excellent! I will buy the said 1% on New Liberty operation, if its possible. Thats 5 shares.
Any other Quarrying operation plans for going Public?

This space is for lease, apparently.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
djjacket

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 01:52:23 PM

I would like to purchase 30 shares of the New Liberty operation.

I am impressed with how quickly the operation was started and the experience of the operations team.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 02:00:53 PM

If it is not considered improper, at this point The Earl of Tavastia (Zechariah) would like to buy 50 shares.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 03:53:30 PM

Lord Luigi (via Lucky Lion Corp) and Earl Jacket have opened a quarry.

There are 500 shares total, and presently 200 are up for grabs (offered by the Quarry itself, so new share purchases = new capital for the Quarry, not for the current owners).
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2014, 04:49:53 PM

After a few short hours 15 Shares remain of NLQI @ 1M each, who will take them?
Going once...

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 05:31:09 PM

After a few short hours 15 Shares remain of NLQI @ 1M each, who will take them?
Going once...

As wealth advisor for Haridimous (aka GreekBitcoin) - I would like to purchase 5 shares on his behalf.

Riddick will purchase 4 shares.

Lord Saddam will take the remaining 6 shares, in case his own quarrying corp fails to produce Smiley

NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2014, 05:43:07 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2014, 06:56:01 PM by NewLiberty

Whilst you were buying here, kronicblazer was buying direct on the corporate registry.
The IPO is officially oversubscribed, and closed (Sorry Asenath, you get to buy none at that price, you are too slow).
As all IPO participants know, this means the price rises now, and it will be up to market forces to decide the price going forward.
(I am now a buyer of up to 50 shares at 1.1M for anyone of those buyers that want the fast profit instead of the long term benefits, 10 are available at 1.3M)

Edit: To be clear, all orders were filled both Kronicblazer, and all three of Lord Saddam's orders.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 08:31:23 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2014, 08:55:22 PM by luigi1111

Lord Luigi (via Lucky Lion Corp) and Earl Jacket have opened a quarry.

There are 500 shares total, and presently 200 are up for grabs (offered by the Quarry itself, so new share purchases = new capital for the Quarry, not for the current owners).

100 shares left!

Dear Lord Luigi, Please appoint another 5 shares for me, to have my vast wealth (debt, ahem) evenly distributed on the offered corporations! Thanks ^_^

Done. Only 20 shares left!

Edit: 5 shares left in IPO.

Edit2: Lord Luigi has purchased the remaining 5 shares. IPO is finished!
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 10:07:50 PM

All 6 quarries now operational!

Before even posting the results to the QUARRY tab, I want to publicly mention a few rumors from the people employed there. In the taverns, better keep ears open...

NE quarry Engineer: "Me and my professional colleagues must work in the taverns 'cause there is no room onsite. Obviously the work suffers.. <hic>"

E quarry StrongQuarryGuy: "This is an easy job, because it might take hours without seeing the boss. Sun is shining and pay is coming so who cares to work hard?"

SE quarry NormalQuarryGuy: "The guy in my team is smuggling stone to his own place without anyone doing anything!"

S quarry NormalQuarryGuy: "There's this talk that it's impossible to buy enough shovels and that's the reason that so many are scraping the soil by hand. Luckily we have almost enough of them."

SW quarry Geologist (heavily intoxicated): "I was doing the original measurements that are coded in the parchment. Before long, this site is going to be a bonanza."

NW quarry Foreman: "I wonder what we are doing here? A picnic, perhaps."

In addition, NE, E, S and SW quarries are eligible to contact me for 1 question.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 10:47:15 PM

All the world is following the production of more stone, yet it is not being used that much.

The builders went all the previous year hungry, not a single building was erected to the town.

This year they have grown desperate and lower their wages:

Until 500,000 stone is used for building in 1524 (including the whole building that crosses the threshold), the Labor is -10%.

NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2014, 10:53:32 PM

I'll take 1 more managerL2
1 more manager
4 more foremans
Well done!  It looks like NLQI needs to raise the prices on the tavern alcohol and start watering the drinks!  Lose lips sink bricks.  Wink
Also Asenath invites His Holiness Bishop David to send some clergy on Sundays and we'll stop serving the liqueurs on those days except for their communion wines.
We aim to foster the health and well being of these hardy workers, in order to promote more of them into experienced and strong workers, and the natural leaders among them into foremen.  The other quarries will likely soon need some folks that know their way around a successful operation, so we may lose some to the competition too if we don't provide for all their needs.

Roopatra

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 11:26:39 PM

Until 500,000 stone is used for building in 1524 (including the whole building that crosses the threshold), the Labor is -10%.

Roopatra´s Architecture and Building Inspection office is open and serving customers, and will conduct during the year 1524 "extra swift processing" so that we can achieve to use 500,000 stone and not lose the labor pool income.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2014, 02:10:07 AM
Last edit: December 13, 2014, 02:21:33 AM by NewLiberty

Due to the unprecedented interest in NLQI shares The Marquess now offers 1.5M per share and there are 10 available at 2M.  Please accept our apologies for the price volatility while we seek some market clearing prices.  Congratulations to any who wish to enjoy this 50% price appreciation in just one year by cashing out.

In this year, NLQI has promoted 45 of its workers to higher positions, and hired a total of 65 in order to sufficiently meet the business objectives previously described.  We have also constructed some new facilities.
Additionally, our lead engineer, a strange young Saracen named Taki, keeps talking about doing something new with fire and water, and no one can figure out what he is talking about.  It is starting to distract some of the workers so we are sending him to the University along with a stipend of 1 Million Moneritos for the year.

Please Lord Chancellor Smooth, if you can find anyone in your establishments that can make any sense of this Taki the Ottoman, feel welcome to do with him what you will, and then return him when he is less distracted by such notions?  If he persists, we may have to promote him to "cook" or something just to keep him out of the way.  Maybe he will do something interesting with tea kettles after all.  All this talk about moving rainwater out of the quarry by using fire instead of buckets is pure nonsense as far as we can tell.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 12:50:07 PM

Due to the unprecedented interest in NLQI shares The Marquess now offers 1.5M per share and there are 10 available at 2M.  Please accept our apologies for the price volatility while we seek some market clearing prices.  Congratulations to any who wish to enjoy this 50% price appreciation in just one year by cashing out.

Earl of Tavastia has been enterprising enough to buy 50 shares. He is (a little too) eager for a quick buck and can sell 25 shares @ 2.0 mil if anyone is interested.

A rare exercise of parental control, His Majesty summons the Earl in the Room of Abacus in the Royal Palace II floor, windows facing north to the King's Park, and all the majestic palaces glowing in the setting sun.

- Son, you see all these palaces?

(Of course, Zechariah owns one of them)

- They are built of stone. The NPC's said that the quarrying site they chose is the best there is. The quarries now established will satisfy our Town's stone needs for several decades to come. Selling any of your meager stake at this stage is utter foolishness. On the contrary, we should convene how to increase the royal influence in this important business, which we now cannot directly operate due to the oath sworn to the geologists.

(convention)

The Earl of Tavastia withdraws his offer to sell 25 shares of NLQI @ 2.0 and places a new offer to buy 25 shares @ 2.0 instead.

fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2014, 01:27:27 PM

My friends, all night I have tossed and turned as sleep eluded me, and deep, dark visions swirled before my eyes, the likes of which I could not understand. I was standing at the bottom of a large mountain, snow all around me. A voice from behind me shouted "climb!" but I could not, for despite me having climbed to the top of many mountains I had neither the clothing nor the supplies. "Climb!" the voice came again, louder and more insistent, but still I did not. A third time still the voice boomed - "climb!" - and yet I could not turn, I could not speak back. The skies grew darker, the snow heavier. It appeared my fate was at hand in this vision. Then suddenly, as if by some benevolence previously unknown, I saw a young goat, the choice one of the flock. It drew up to me, and on its back I saw attached a leather satchel, and I found it filled with clothing and hiking equipment and fresh bread still warm and gently wrapped. Together the young goat and I ascended the mountain, and the sky began to clear.

Troubled, I went this morning to the Very Ancient Big Spring, and gazed deep into its waters. It was as if the gentle lapping of its nearly still waters against the bank cleared my head, and I knew and understood this vision. I am nothing without my goat, my protégé Baron sXpher, and by myself I could not ascend the mountain and stand atop it. It is for that reason that I hereby formally nominate Baron sXpher to the Town Council, to stand for and on behalf of himself and for and on behalf of me. I have confidence that he will despatch his duties with care and diligence, as I have taught him. I have confidence this nomination will further be met with the approval of His Majesty the King.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 01:42:24 PM

We had no idea of the ordeal the Earl of Forte Spagnolo was going through while we waited for his voting decision. Now, it seems to us that the following list is acceptable to the supermajority of the votes:

His Majesty
Baroness Roopatra, AOK-S, MG-4
Baron Paulson, MG-5
Baron sXpher, MG-3.

If 124,001 gold vetoes the list, they can nominate a character, which will replace Baron Paulson. If no such block of gold is found, the list of Councillors of 1525 is final.

The work starts immediately in IRC.

NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2014, 09:16:40 PM
Last edit: December 14, 2014, 12:53:04 AM by NewLiberty

The Earl of Tavastia withdraws his offer to sell 25 shares of NLQI @ 2.0 and places a new offer to buy 25 shares @ 2.0 instead.

It appears that once again, the council of HM was swift and errorless.  By the charter of the business plan, due to shares purchased, the Marquess is bound by duty to offer the perhaps overgenerous amount of 2.70 Mm per share of NLQI to any current holder that wishes to see some immediate profits from this enterprise.  We will buy up to 50 shares at this price.

Perhaps some cognac in the cup of the enterprising Earl or any other NLQI shareholder will sweeten this prospect?  Who could turn down such an immediate and wondrous profit from only a year of owning some paper?

EDIT: Due to some active trading, there has been some price volatility.
The market now stands at:

Marquess Joseph making markets for NLQI:      
   avail qty   at price
WE SELL   10   3.50 Mm
WE BUY   40   3.00 Mm

No minimum order, fractional shares are allowed.

binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 12:24:13 AM

It appears that once again, the council of HM was swift and errorless.  By the charter of the business plan, due to shares purchased, the Marquess is bound by duty to offer the perhaps overgenerous amount of 2.70 Mm per share of NLQI to any current holder that wishes to see some immediate profits from this enterprise.  We will buy up to 50 shares at this price.

Perhaps some cognac in the cup of the enterprising Earl or any other NLQI shareholder will sweeten this prospect?  Who could turn down such an immediate and wonderous profit from only a year of owning some paper?

As a major share holder, I acknowledge the generous offer. Nevertheless the long term developments (and profit) is my main aim. Despite what could be seen as a price surge right now, I'd like to reiterate my confidence in the  the long term future of this operation. Therefore I am keen on keeping my shares for now  Smiley

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 01:04:28 AM

His Majesty's inspection on the stone quarries

The major part of ground was untouched everywhere. Some quarries had been dug deeper than the others. Guys were shoveling the soil, which was tedious due to the small and big stones dotting the soil. The stones were collected to heaps that were let to be washed in rainwater. Some of the heaps were already transported to be used as building stone.

The locals have provided their animals and carts for transport, and were supposedly paid in stone since no record in the accounts can be seen. In many places, guys took turns to work, and enjoyed this relief greatly. They seemed to enjoy their life as much as it is possible, considering being a quarry worker in 1524. The professionals seemed mostly stressed and out-of-place, though. The highest boss in every place looked like his working conditions were acceptable.

Since today is Sunday, there can be no changes of any kind, and the production of 1526 will be based on (almost) the same inputs as 1525, which also is an interesting thing to analyze.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 01:09:00 AM

We had no idea of the ordeal the Earl of Forte Spagnolo was going through while we waited for his voting decision. Now, it seems to us that the following list is acceptable to the supermajority of the votes:

His Majesty
Baroness Roopatra, AOK-S, MG-4
Baron Paulson, MG-5
Baron sXpher, MG-3.

If 124,001 gold vetoes the list, they can nominate a character, which will replace Baron Paulson. If no such block of gold is found, the list of Councillors of 1525 is final.

The work starts immediately in IRC.

No realistic opposition is possible any more, after all the major stakeholders have voiced their support. The nomination is therefore FINAL.

The Bishop has expressed relief that he can give his post to the younger generation. (After starting at the age of 58, His Grace had served in the Town Council for 105 years.)

Congratulations to all! The Mayor will be sending a memo soon.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 247 »
  Print  

Jump to: