Elated/joyful
Happy/loving
Excited/surprised
Industrious/content
Fearful
Sad
Y
N

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... 247 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Kingdom - 1991 Retro Virtual World(City)  (Read 632634 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
newb4now

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 07:49:02 PM

Can't wait to play!

FYI. For anyone interested that has never joined the game, my offer of 10 free CKG is still valid for the next 6 players to join the game. That's a current value of 5 XMR.

Just PM me if you want to join.

I would like to join but I thought the game was paused right now for further development?
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 02:58:11 AM

Can't wait to play!

FYI. For anyone interested that has never joined the game, my offer of 10 free CKG is still valid for the next 6 players to join the game. That's a current value of 5 XMR.

Just PM me if you want to join.

I would like to join but I thought the game was paused right now for further development?

Most everything is paused (land buying & building, etc) except for trading CKG (gold) and XMR deposits.

Even so, there hasn't been much gold selling going on which caused HM The King to raise his buy price.

You can see the character database here in the CHAR tab.

Just let me know your character's name & starting age and I'll add you. Then you'll be ready to play immediately when the V.4 is ready.

kazuki49

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 06:31:20 AM

I'm really hopeful about this game, Bitcoin reputation got regrettably stained by the dark markets. Monero can get in the mainstream with a much friendlier approach.
Jungian
Legendary

Activity: 930
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 08:20:53 AM

I'm really hopeful about this game, Bitcoin reputation got regrettably stained by the dark markets. Monero can get in the mainstream with a much friendlier approach.

I tend to think that BTC wouldn't have gotten a reputation at all if it wasn't for dark markets. And is probably still the #1 use case.

Still looking forward to the game though!

I think Monero (XMR) is very interesting.
https://moneroeconomy.com/faq/why-monero-matters
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2015, 09:03:50 AM

I tend to think that BTC wouldn't have gotten a reputation at all if it wasn't for dark markets. And is probably still the #1 use case.

Jungians always embracing the dark side. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tja6_h4lT6A

kazuki49

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 05:57:56 PM

Jungians always embracing the dark side. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tja6_h4lT6A

Yep. I thought the exact same thing before you said it, I just didn't replied him because I got distracted with other things  Tongue
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 12:17:54 PM

Crypto Kingdom Town Council meets for important decisions

Town Council meetings will be reinstated effective tomorrow. The time for the first meeting is 7:30 PM UTC, which is the same as bitcointalk server time.

The town council is the rulebound highest governing authority in the game, and consists of 6 members, selected by the holders of the gold.

Currently TC members are as follows:

HM The King (rpietila)
HH The Prince of Forte Spagnolo (fluffypony, Riccardo)
HE The Prince of North Face (djjacket)
Dame Roopatra (Roopatra)
Lord sXpher (sXpher)
Lord Paulson (paulsonnumismatics)

The reason the meetings are reinstated is that the game has been paused for quite a time, but is now in an important juncture regarding how to continue.

- The original Online version was contracted as a 4-week/$12k project. $15k was paid from Town but nothing was delivered on time (due November-14).

- Later the project manager Riccardo decided that we need a larger software. I learnt of this quite late after it had been commissioned, and yielded to the plan of converting the non-delivered software to the V.4. Meanwhile I had paid 80,000 CKG (about $22k) from my own funds towards the finishing of the original version and it was transferred to the larger project.

- Riccardo has assumed the costs of the further development with the understanding that he would recoup them later at least in part when the software is ready. There is currently no calculation of the costs available, and this remains an issue that the TC needs to address, since the unambiguous paper trail ends at the 4-week project, (during and) after which the communication has not been on a solid ground.

- Thud is working for the CK as a consultant in further development and specification of the Ultima version. We have found an interested programmer and contracted him to finish the Ultima version quickly to show that it is possible (or prove that it isn't). His payment plan is as follows:
* 14.8. EUR 3500
* 31.8. EUR 5250
* 30.9. EUR 3500
* 31.10. when the Ultima version is playable EUR 7000
* 19.12. when everything is ready EUR 15750.

CK has the option to cancel the project at every milestone, which makes our first financial commitment happen in 14.8., when the game engine and database should be ready. That also coincides with the playtesting phase of V.4, which provides us information how to continue.

- The Town has about $16k in the coffers and further incomes are possible when the game is again playable. Town does not have any gold to sell (and creating new gold is forbidden) so we need to think about ways to finance the projects if we want to go on with Ultima and/or Riccardo presents a bill from V.4.

- I am sure we can get over those decisions, as they are the easy part, involving just money and sound judgement. The really interesting thing is how to get our great new game to be played by many people, and realize the Grand Vision(TM)!

So welcome Councillors to the meeting!

King

PS. Lamentably the cessation of charging the daily overdue interest of the T_MON balances has lead to leniency in repaying them. The interest will be reinstated tomorrow at 0.8% per real-day, the same rate as before. If 21 days pass with a character still having a negative balance, it is assumed that s/he is absent, on holiday, or lost interest ( Sad ), in which case the accumulation of further interest is stopped by automatically selling the character's assets starting from gold balances, to get the monereto balance to zero. The Marquess of Ramsey (saddambitcoin) is the treasurer and accepts deposits.

Please help me to spread the word concerning all these issues!

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
saddambitcoin
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 02:39:57 AM

PS. Lamentably the cessation of charging the daily overdue interest of the T_MON balances has lead to leniency in repaying them. The interest will be reinstated tomorrow at 0.8% per real-day, the same rate as before. If 21 days pass with a character still having a negative balance, it is assumed that s/he is absent, on holiday, or lost interest ( Sad ), in which case the accumulation of further interest is stopped by automatically selling the character's assets starting from gold balances, to get the monereto balance to zero. The Marquess of Ramsey (saddambitcoin) is the treasurer and accepts deposits.

Hear ye!

There are some of you with negative balances, don't let it add up!

canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 03:02:33 PM

Hear ye!

There are some of you with negative balances, don't let it add up!

Are you hitting up users with a PM? This thread isn't exactly a deluge but it's easy enough to miss a post or two on Bitcointalk.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 07:39:47 PM

Town Council next meeting tomorrow, Thursday 23 July, at 12:00 noon BCT time.

See my prior post in the thread for details.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
newb4now

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 10:42:14 PM

I look forward to hearing about what the council does next
djjacket

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 07:48:00 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2015, 12:40:40 AM by djjacket

Update from the Town Council Meeting

Crypto-Kingdom V.4 Web Based Development Update
The much awaited Web Version is coming soon!!(TM)  Beta Testing of the UI is Underway!!

The User Interface is complete are ready for beta testers.  The Town Councilors will be performing bug and performance testing on the beta UI starting now.  Once the game data has been imported to the game, additional testing the gameplay and formulas will occur by the beta test group.  Some additional development effort is required for importing all the current game data (specifically the map quadrant and lot data) and then full testing of game functionality will begin for the beta testers.

All changes to the game data will be rolled-back for the official start of the V.4 Gameplay.

Once the beta testing is complete, the plan is to have the game opened for current players with the ability to iron out any further bugs that may be in place once we start adding a larger load and variety of activity.

The Town Council will do our best keep everyone updated on the timing for the beta test phase and when we will have a relaunch for the currently enrolled players.

Crypto-Kingdom Ultima

Development will begin in parallel for the Ultima game engine.  HM has designed and specified a "complete virtual world, as robust as possible, as modular and able to incorporate add-ons via interfaces, but also playable for casual players".  

Here is a link to the Initial Specification as communicated in this thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=819073.msg11590452#msg11590452
Development will be in stages with deliverables and Town Council can decide at each of the stage whether progress is sufficient to continue or scrap the project.

Town Council News

Sphericon has been nominated and voted to the Town Council to replace Paulson and will take part in the Beta Testing phase of the project.  Sphericon has shown great enthusiasm and knowledge in game mechanics will be a great addition to the Town Council during this critical time as we prepare for the launch of the next era of the game.  Congrats!
sphericon

Activity: 327

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 09:23:52 PM

Town Council News

Sphericon has been nominated and voted to the Town Council to replace Paulson and will take part in the Beta Testing phase of the project.  Sphericon has shown great enthusiasm and knowledge in game mechanics will be a great addition to the Town Council during this critical time as we prepare for the launch of the next era of the game.  Congrats!

Thanks! I'm excited to be involved during this crucial period of the game. I've seen the game and so far I'm excited to see rpietila's vision come to fruition in electronic form.  I will be helping to test all the bits of this game and hopefully uncover any bugs that may still be lingering.

Can't wait for the release!

arnuschky

Activity: 517
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 09:59:55 PM

Ha! Maybe I'll even manage to crawl out of my virtual tomb with the new version... Wink
LucyLovesCrypto

Activity: 414
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 07:03:42 AM

Town Council News

Thanks! I'm excited to be involved during this crucial period of the game. I've seen the game and so far I'm excited to see rpietila's vision come to fruition in electronic form.  I will be helping to test all the bits of this game and hopefully uncover any bugs that may still be lingering.

Thank you for getting involved. I have not yet played the game but hope to once it is ready
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2015, 07:22:48 AM

Town Council News

Congratulations also on this great honor and responsibility!

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 02:48:23 PM

Getting the large and somewhat rusty wheel to move again is an interesting challenge, but that is exactly what is underway  Smiley

Today is scheduled to be the meeting for clarifying the development contract of V.4, which is the greatest financial uncertainty at the moment. I am looking forward to the meeting!

Also I had talks with sXpher concerning some details. The playable, "time=on" testing is promised to begin this week with the councillors doing the testing. We will first get the testing documents from the team with the goals of the round, and the procedure for reporting issues. Then the testing and the fixing of the issues will happen simultaneously.

saddambitcoin
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 08:53:57 PM

The Marquess of Ramsey gazes outward from his castle window. Although no time has passed in the Kingdom, it seems like years of patient waiting has passed in his mind. He congratulates Sphericon for his most justified promotion to Town Council.

He wonders if any beta testers would be so kind as to post some screenshots of the new UI? If it is allowed, of course.

cryptodaknight

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 02:43:35 AM

Wow, great news. Really excited to see this coming together and should be fun to play.
sphericon

Activity: 327

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 08:11:43 AM

The Marquess of Ramsey gazes outward from his castle window. Although no time has passed in the Kingdom, it seems like years of patient waiting has passed in his mind. He congratulates Sphericon for his most justified promotion to Town Council.

He wonders if any beta testers would be so kind as to post some screenshots of the new UI? If it is allowed, of course.

I'd be happy to. Perhaps later today if possible, unless somebody else wants to do it first.

Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... 247 »
  Print  

Jump to: