Elated/joyful
Happy/loving
Excited/surprised
Industrious/content
Fearful
Sad
Y
N

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 247 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Kingdom - 1991 Retro Virtual World(City)  (Read 632633 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 01:23:00 PM

Come on devs, launch this game so it can be playable online in browser. You are adding new features and developing the game for almost a year or more. There are lots of people waiting to play this game so please hurry up with the proccess. Wink
I don't wanna push you but I'm just very impatient to play this game.  Grin

Games usually do take several years to develop

Better to have a good product later

Then a quicky right now

Looking for a signature campaign.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
newb4now

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 04:58:50 AM

Come on devs, launch this game so it can be playable online in browser. You are adding new features and developing the game for almost a year or more. There are lots of people waiting to play this game so please hurry up with the proccess. Wink
I don't wanna push you but I'm just very impatient to play this game.  Grin

Games usually do take several years to develop

Better to have a good product later

Then a quicky right now

I agree, Dev team should take its time
McHaggis

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 12:32:33 PM

Hello all

For the purpose of balancing out my assets and finding the market price amongst players for CKG I am putting 1000 gold up for sale.

Please let be know any offers either via this thread or PM. The sale closes 48 hours from this post.

Thanks
newb4now

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 08:42:55 AM

Any statistics about how many players there are?

# registered and # of active (maybe in last week or so)

I see a lot of potential here.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 01:25:29 PM

Any statistics about how many players there are?

# registered and # of active (maybe in last week or so)

I see a lot of potential here.

The game has been paused since March, the number of active players is zero atm   Cheesy

The OP of this thread contains links to all of the Ancient era resources, including the master database.

Number of characters is about 110.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 10:18:32 AM

Commit updates:

6 hours ago   c8593fb   Added test script to export colour of cells from Google spreadsheets.
yesterday   f6cb27f   Lot view connects to character view and building view, although data is still false
yesterday   296eef4   Fixed some small typos
2 days ago   ca38bef   Added simple dialog for giving resources
2 days ago   fd31e1b   Fixed small bug for showing buildings
2 days ago   f7ff416   Allowed NPC status change on click
2 days ago   ccea7e3   Split chatbox into seperate screen because of css maniplulation by final.js
2 days ago   850294   Added buildings view from map display screen
3 days ago   b9d0c20   Fixed some layout issues now line spacing has changed
3 days ago   a956310   Line spacing is working properly
3 days ago   7bf9255   Static background image stays same on non-map screens
3 days ago   13bed81   Added back button functionality, with correct placement and image
3 days ago   351dbfa   Split resize code away from character screen
6 days ago   f9c8358   Changed map
6 days ago   7319e0e   Fixed bug that hid background on back button activation
6 days ago   ff8fc24   Added back button and functionality
7 days ago   26e7940   Added building links to character
8 days ago   157921f   Added wiki to new pages
8 days ago   ca4d8ac   Implementation of callbacks and AJAX code for single-item views works fine
9 days ago   d2c648c   Added missing templates
9 days ago   e3e41ff   Converted all old single and multiple data displays into new core single-page display
9 days ago   6a97c48   Map, chatbox and character screen integrated as original
9 days ago   fa32cfc   Chatbox same as original, mainly

papa_lazzarou

Activity: 649

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 11:03:13 AM

Commit updates:

(git action)

sphericon

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 05:40:19 PM

Commit updates

yay! seems there is still a lot going on behind the scenes. Thanks for the update, fluffy!

XMRChina

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 12:40:02 AM

Great news. I am eager to play.

Any chance the game will be ready for release before August 8th?

Commit updates:

6 hours ago   c8593fb   Added test script to export colour of cells from Google spreadsheets.
yesterday   f6cb27f   Lot view connects to character view and building view, although data is still false
yesterday   296eef4   Fixed some small typos
2 days ago   ca38bef   Added simple dialog for giving resources
2 days ago   fd31e1b   Fixed small bug for showing buildings
2 days ago   f7ff416   Allowed NPC status change on click
2 days ago   ccea7e3   Split chatbox into seperate screen because of css maniplulation by final.js
2 days ago   850294   Added buildings view from map display screen
3 days ago   b9d0c20   Fixed some layout issues now line spacing has changed
3 days ago   a956310   Line spacing is working properly
3 days ago   7bf9255   Static background image stays same on non-map screens
3 days ago   13bed81   Added back button functionality, with correct placement and image
3 days ago   351dbfa   Split resize code away from character screen
6 days ago   f9c8358   Changed map
6 days ago   7319e0e   Fixed bug that hid background on back button activation
6 days ago   ff8fc24   Added back button and functionality
7 days ago   26e7940   Added building links to character
8 days ago   157921f   Added wiki to new pages
8 days ago   ca4d8ac   Implementation of callbacks and AJAX code for single-item views works fine
9 days ago   d2c648c   Added missing templates
9 days ago   e3e41ff   Converted all old single and multiple data displays into new core single-page display
9 days ago   6a97c48   Map, chatbox and character screen integrated as original
9 days ago   fa32cfc   Chatbox same as original, mainly

kennyP

Activity: 544

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 01:27:02 AM

What is the significance of August 8?
G2M

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 01:53:51 AM

What is the significance of August 8?

Of course, let me explain:

A young, single mother is compelled to make her way, at risk of her life, to South Ossetia where her son is. She had sent him there on the eve of the conflict. There are two alternate realities here: one shows the war through the eyes of the boy as a science fiction story about fighting robots, and the other shows the war from the perspective of his mother. As opposed to the preceding Olympus Inferno and 5 Days of War, the story is not advertised officially as "The Struggle for Truth", although it also was subsidized by the government. The story was recognized as a socially important project and was filmed at the expense of a Russian State Fund.

Wind picked up: F4BC1F4BC0A2A1C4

banditryandloot goin2mars kbm keyboard-mash theusualstuff

probably a few more that don't matter for much.
saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 12:10:22 PM

I think there is a Chinese plan to adopt XMR by August 8th, because they love the number 8 you see.

Next thing you know we'll be seeing XMR 0.008, and maybe CKG at 8 XMR each. Hooray!

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 01:46:49 PM

CK does have things going on, unfortunately at the moment just telling about them (instead of seeing) is a bit frustrating.

Let's enjoy the Bitcoin ride meanwhile  Grin

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
serje
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 01:51:13 PM

I think there is a Chinese plan to adopt XMR by August 8th, because they love the number 8 you see.

Next thing you know we'll be seeing XMR 0.008, and maybe CKG at 8 XMR each. Hooray!

In this case I am selling 1000 CKG for 6 XMR each .... this is an offer no one can refuse! Wink

Space for rent if its still trending
newb4now

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 08:31:56 AM

I know this game will be web based. Will it be optimized for mobile too?
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 06:49:19 PM

Good news for the future of Crypto Kingdom

The V.4 devteam is finishing the online playable version and it will be in testing in 2 weeks. More exact details and communication can be obtained from Sir Riccardo, fluffypony.

I have also today contracted another one-man team for coding the CK Ultima version, for which the projected launch for testing is 31.10.2015.

In the days of yore, I set up some guidelines for the version development, including:
- having several teams working for the same goals to be able to kill/merge projects for shortest possible delivery time
- developers should play the game actively during development and keep constant touch with me (designer)
- having as little and as wizard as possible people involved to cut down on management and streamline the software
- short development time is also cost-effective.

I don't want to put any further stress to the Riccardo-led team (who are ready with V.4 any day from now), but I also have tried to get back to the design principles without much success. The game is not finished when it launches, it is barely starting, and in the future the principles need to be adhered to, to keep the project manageable by me.

The situation in cryptoworld is such that this game is very much needed, and therefore we need to do what we reasonably can to make sure it is launched and further developed to realize our objectives. By having 2 teams, we will increase the chances of success, and the contract with the new team is very competitively structured, giving me complete control of accepting every milestone, which also need to be delivered on schedule. The project can be canceled any time with the payment of only the already accepted milestones.

I am very enthusiastic by this chance to fulfill the vision of how I wished the game to be developed, and it gives peace of mind that it is only a backup option still, with everyone involved knowing that once we get facts about the playability and further development potential of V.4, it can be merged or cancelled.

Communication is the key! With this in mind, the development works much better Smiley I will be the communications contact for the Ultima version.

King

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 06:53:35 PM

I have also today contracted another one-man team for coding the CK Ultima version, for which the projected launch for testing is 31.10.2015.

Can you remind us what the CK Ultima version will include?
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 06:57:23 PM

The specification process of Crypto Kingdom - Ultima has started

The version 4: Reconstruction is proceeding. I have already seen the gaming software, which is not yet playable but contains most of the UI functionality and (I cannot verify) the backend functionality. The scope is as previously announced. The betatesting will be carried out with the people who know they are selected. We have 2-a-week meetings to hone the details.

But the subject of this post is the concurrent specification of the Ultima. The design philosophy is different from the current design process (which as we all know had issues). This time we start from all possible future features, and work backwards, cutting and merging features that are redundant, and generalize the rest as much as possible. It currently seems that the resource based economy can be abstracted to as little as 3 main subsystems(!)

- Human subsystem creates the characters, who emit labor, and require food, drink, clothes and shelter, and eventually die
- Grid subsystem is the registry of physical world from duchies to items, and their locations, logistics etc
- Transformer subsystem is a collection of conditions, rules, and formulas, which govern the changes of state of the world.

CK Ultima (I repeat the title so that you would not think this is V.4 Wink )

Human subsystem

- one realyear = 52 gameyears, one char may live up to a year
- PC and NPC are equal, with NPC having an AI to make some choices for it
 Labor generation
  - generates a unit of labor 3/day = about 1,000 units per lifetime
  - essential component in work, study, and many activities
  - a few units of labor can be saved, the excess is lost if unspent
 Food sink
  - daily a meal and a drink need to be enjoyed in the restaurants
 Health, sickness and death subsystem
  - health starts at 100% and is displayed to the char in a 5-scale; 0%=> death
  - main drivers of health are age, food, drink, sickness, injuries and living conditions
  - temporary health changes from boosters or light sickness are reversible

Grid subsystem

- Defines the world and its structures, both countryside and urban
- Countryside has a huge potential to yield minerals, food etc, when harnessed properly
- Urban is important for communication and production of consumer goods etc
- Items are localized at rooms, and one room can be as small as desired (and as big as up to an undeveloped chapelry in town, or a huge land in the countryside)
- Items have weight and volume
- Logistics are realistic, the ox drivers actually order the caravan to move to a place, and it arrives hours later, no (or very little) shortcuts, only in things such as automatic emptying of small rooms

Transformer subsystem

Defines all formulas (the list of formulas can be expanded at will) how:
- Work is achieved from Labor (labor units with skill) and Capital (consisting of tools, machines, organization, etc)
- Work can be used to convert items to other items (very broadly), for example a building company might set up BuildingSiteArea51 to the Lot where a palace will be built. First they select the appropriate "Work generation formula" that makes use of their resources, and then summon the resources to the site. When time passes and Labor is poured to the factory, BuildingPoints (Work) come from the other end, and once enough of them is generated, the Palace can be built.

The building is a conversion operation where this Work, the Stone, Windows, and other resources (luxuries will be phased out), are merged to become a Building (or several).
- A much smaller example might be to use a Blacksmith'sWork point and some metal to make a small amulet, or a big one why not.

Discussion

This is a very fundamental way to think what actually happens in the game. It is Human Action (thanks Mises) that is directed to other characters, concepts and virtuo-physical things in the game. To the extent that the state of the virtuo-physical world is changed, the characters set up transformers to refine the resources into a more desirable form. They always need to apply labor of some kind at least, in some stage of the process.

The ultimate sink of value is the sustenance system. When characters eat or drink, or their clothes or houses undergo wear and deterioration, this is the value (in kind) that leaves the equation. (Of course excess housing, industrial capital, and luxuries also undergo depreciation.)

The new value that comes, is the labor the characters generate. With higher skill, the labor yields more Work. With more capital, better technology, and more efficient organization, the productivity can be increased. This requires more skilled workers, and better working conditions, which translates to higher standard of living, so the factories in some distant future will pour out iPhones for all the characters...

Until now, I haven't mentioned money. Money is a unit of account and a means of transferring and storing value. It is not involved in production. Some people say that we could do without money. I haven't found this credible just yet at least. What Adam Smith said, and many before and after him, it is the common unit of account that makes financial planning possible both in the big (whether to build a new factory) and in the small (how the pencil is most efficiently assembled using up to 80 production steps by dozens of actors, none of whom could make the pencil by himself, all of whom guided by nothing but price information alone).

A restaurant from here onwards, will be a transformer of raw food to enjoyable meals. The monetary side is of course there - all inputs cost money, so it follows that the output must cost as well. But the structure of Pools in V.3-V.4 will be phased out in most cases and replaced by atomic interaction driven by the basic needs of sustenance (blindly enforced by the game) and vanity (enforced by the players themselves).

All monetary economy will reconstruct itself as the most efficient means of brokering between the actors in different stages of the production and economy.

All other game concepts from highway robbers to space program will be able to be defined in terms of the 3 Subsystems.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 07:06:14 PM

The game has a grand vision of being a way to start using XMR as currency for game items, then expand it to other digital items, and further to physical items as well.

Inside this, we need to try different approaches. Ultima is designed to be as good as possible a game, to have the features that make large masses of people want to play it like Farmville or other easy-to-approach game. But also contain the interfaces to make the expansion of the game and the virtual world possible.

It includes all the stuff projected in V.1-V.8 and then some, which is made possible by good specification and following that, and having daily 1-on-1 meetings between me and the developer. So it cannot happen that a day could pass without measurable progress.

saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 07:44:03 PM

Can't wait to play!

FYI. For anyone interested that has never joined the game, my offer of 10 free CKG is still valid for the next 6 players to join the game. That's a current value of 5 XMR.

Just PM me if you want to join.

Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 247 »
  Print  

Jump to: