Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:07:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GAP] Gapcoin - Prime Gap Search - New Math Algo - CPU / GPU - Zero Premine  (Read 286847 times)
UsernameNumber7

Activity: 256
Merit: 60

View Profile
July 10, 2020, 07:09:06 PM

A fatal error occurred. Gapcoin can no longer continue safely and will quit.

EXCEPTION: 12bignum_error      
CBigNum::operator/ : BN_div failed      
gapcoin in Runaway exception  

While Running Gapcoin 9.4 using setgenerate true

Is it a conflict with the other miner?  

I will update using the built in miner, see if the same error.  

I got this error 2 times so it is persistent error using setgenerate true from the debug line.

Well, I did not get far......cannot change the inbuilt miner sieve size or prime size.  But it allows to change the shift.

Is it designed that way or is it a failure? 

Is there effort to make this a dumb token to mine simple numbers?

Just curious? 

I thought it would be worth trying after it compiled well.  But it seems too much of a jump at one time backdooring everything.   Just a thought anyway. 

https://www.TRISQUEL.INFO #1 Free Software Linux Operating  System

Trisquel OS "Just Do It"        "Sic Semper Tyranis"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wizz13150

Activity: 67
Merit: 26

Tempus Narrabo

View Profile
July 11, 2020, 04:31:10 AM

After running Mr. Higgins 9.4 Gapcoin port of Bitcoin core using the local daemon and mining with ./gapcoin-cli setgenerate true a different problem arises.  I was thinking if it was a conflicted parameters for the built in miner and using the built in miner using setgenerate true.  That the local daemon would show if this was true or not.  I did not get the same error and shut down as with running the QT wallet.  However, It seems to prevent locking the computer screen as if a hidden process is going on somewhere.  I let it run to see if my local screen saver would lock it over time.  But after 45 mins still unlocked desktop.  Re-booting the computer without running Gapcoin daemon fixed it.  But I am not going to test Mr. Higgins' "software" any longer.

Now, normally I would think it is just general stuff due to it being a 1 man show with Mr. Higgins.  However, I find nothing trustworthy at all.  And the so called person who "Called" in his help is the spam poster BitcoinFX, who could care less if anything is backdoored since he uses virtual machines on cloud computing.  (At least what he admits to doing).

I encourage anyone to contribute to updating Code for Trisquel 9 soon to be released.  

But good luck to anyone who chooses to focus on dominating the shift 25 using Mr. Higgins code work.

What the .. ?
So this virus doesn't work well? Is that basically what you're saying?
Or maybe the Gapcoin Miner is a trojan to .?. mine Monero ? or to hack at random 3 people?
What's the point ? You can see and investigate all the code and commits ...

Re-booting the computer without running Gapcoin daemon fixed it.
Is this a diagnosis?

And stop to tell "Mr. Higgins this..", "Mr. Higgins that.."
It's starting to be ridiculous.

It's of course not impossible, but you'll have to prove your assumptions.

Thank you for your contribution Smiley

Wizz_^
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2020, 09:17:29 AM

However, I find nothing trustworthy at all.  And the so called person who "Called" in his help is the spam poster BitcoinFX, who could care less if anything is backdoored since he uses virtual machines on cloud computing.  (At least what he admits to doing).

I encourage anyone to contribute to updating Code for Trisquel 9 soon to be released.  

But good luck to anyone who chooses to focus on dominating the shift 25 using Mr. Higgins code work.

Just so everyone else is aware, I have UserNameNumber7 set as "Ignore", I no longer see his posts (I find his grip on reality to be too tenuous to make any response worthwhile). But if anyone else is experiencing issues with the 0.9.4 experimental branch, please communicate that fact because the functionality I added is basically cosmetic and is easily stripped out.

Changes in the wind ...

Ubuntu users who have upgraded to 20.04 will find that successful compilation is now prevented by changes in the boost library. I have a fix but have not yet been able to check whether it is backward-compatible with earlier versions of the boost library.

barrystyle has kindly contributed a more solid openssl-1.1-enabled key.cpp, taken from Qutum (which is well-supported by competent developers) that I will use to replace the one I cobbled up (because it's good practice reduce the likelihood of bugs).

Cheers

Graham
UsernameNumber7

View Profile
July 13, 2020, 01:19:23 AM

No, it is not the Gapcoin code.  Of 3 different blockchains on a new install, it is mostly likely 1 of the other 2.

But the In-built miner error is Real, which is just as bad.  But it is ok, as I assume it is set for people who like simple things.   

But whatever, I tried building up the code, almost got it to compile from Jonn9 original code. 

Just can't get by a Serialize.h error for the moment. 

After playing with the Gapcoin code however, Jonn9 and the 0.9.2 Gapcoin code compared to Bitcoin 0.20.0 is like climbing the bean stalk.  I think it is where the giant bean stock keeps growing bigger and bigger Until the giant comes around to the little guy climbing the bean stalk and talks things over.

"Story
Jack, a poor country boy, trades the family cow for a handful of magic beans, which grow into an enormous beanstalk reaching up into the clouds. Jack climbs the beanstalk and finds himself in the castle of an unfriendly giant. The giant senses Jack's presence and cries, “Fee, fie, fo, fum, I smell the blood of an Englishman!” Outwitting the giant, Jack is able to retrieve many goods once stolen from his family, including an enchanted goose that lays golden eggs. Jack then escapes by chopping down the beanstalk. The giant, who is pursuing him, falls to his death, and Jack and his family prosper. "

BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2020, 01:41:06 PM

After running Mr. Higgins 9.4 Gapcoin port of Bitcoin core using the local daemon and mining with ./gapcoin-cli setgenerate true a different problem arises.  I was thinking if it was a conflicted parameters for the built in miner and using the built in miner using setgenerate true.  That the local daemon would show if this was true or not.  I did not get the same error and shut down as with running the QT wallet.  However, It seems to prevent locking the computer screen as if a hidden process is going on somewhere.  I let it run to see if my local screen saver would lock it over time.  But after 45 mins still unlocked desktop.  Re-booting the computer without running Gapcoin daemon fixed it.  But I am not going to test Mr. Higgins' "software" any longer.

Now, normally I would think it is just general stuff due to it being a 1 man show with Mr. Higgins.  However, I find nothing trustworthy at all.  And the so called person who "Called" in his help is the spam poster BitcoinFX, who could care less if anything is backdoored since he uses virtual machines on cloud computing.  (At least what he admits to doing).

What the .. ?
So this virus doesn't work well? Is that basically what you're saying?
Or maybe the Gapcoin Miner is a trojan to .?. mine Monero ? or to hack at random 3 people?
What's the point ? You can see and investigate all the code and commits ...

Re-booting the computer without running Gapcoin daemon fixed it.
Is this a diagnosis?

It's of course not impossible, but you'll have to prove your assumptions.

Thank you for your contribution Smiley

1. I'm not a spam poster. Individual and uniquely targeted PM's are not spam.  I'm actually a contributor to an open source anti-spam project.  Roll Eyes

2. I did not bring gjhiggins in as a developer. He contributes to the gapcoin project entirely of this own volition and that deserves to be respected.

3. I use cloud computing solutions and my own IT infrastructure ...

4. Gapcoin does not have a 'backdoor' you can read / check the source code for yourself.

5. If you had been following the Gapcoin project more closely you would know that the 'Header Shift' is already optimal in the default mining range.

e.g. "Modded CPU-Miner (by dcct, about 10x faster than old version)"

The additional Mining Tab in the v0.9.4 wallet does a great job of presenting what is happening and will be useful for the higher ranges, moving forward.

No, it is not the Gapcoin code.  Of 3 different blockchains on a new install, it is mostly likely 1 of the other 2.

But the In-built miner error is Real, which is just as bad.  But it is ok, as I assume it is set for people who like simple things.    

But whatever, I tried building up the code, almost got it to compile from Jonn9 original code.  

Just can't get by a Serialize.h error for the moment.  

After playing with the Gapcoin code however, Jonn9 and the 0.9.2 Gapcoin code compared to Bitcoin 0.20.0 is like climbing the bean stalk.  I think it is where the giant bean stock keeps growing bigger and bigger Until the giant comes around to the little guy climbing the bean stalk and talks things over.

"Story
Jack, a poor country boy, trades the family cow for a handful of magic beans, which grow into an enormous beanstalk reaching up into the clouds. Jack climbs the beanstalk and finds himself in the castle of an unfriendly giant. The giant senses Jack's presence and cries, “Fee, fie, fo, fum, I smell the blood of an Englishman!” Outwitting the giant, Jack is able to retrieve many goods once stolen from his family, including an enchanted goose that lays golden eggs. Jack then escapes by chopping down the beanstalk. The giant, who is pursuing him, falls to his death, and Jack and his family prosper. "

Gapcoin has not seen any chain forks.

The v0.9.2 release is a good starting point, https://bitcoin.org/en/release/v0.9.2, as a great number of additional bugs were only introduced with future Bitcoin features and/or releases. We now have the advantage of being able to 'cherry pick' from the repositories on the way up.

Now, do stop trying to malign Gapcoin. In many regards Gapcoin is more original than the 'original' Bitcoin.

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1240

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2020, 09:10:38 PM

We will most likely be adding Gapcoin to Freebitcoins.com's tools.  I'll let y'all know if we run into any problems.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
UsernameNumber7

View Profile
July 14, 2020, 11:03:39 PM

We will most likely be adding Gapcoin to Freebitcoins.com's tools.  I'll let y'all know if we run into any problems.

Awesome, I was looking into Uniswap, but I do not like ETH. 

And for those wondering why Mr. Higgins would not even give the logic for including "Notary" into gapcoin, it is how Contract killers work on the blockchain. 

And also for those not aware, what Mr. Higgins did by conflicting his software miners, from being able to use the native debug log mining code, to only allow simple mining of Gapcoin WITHOUT the memory controller. 

Essentially Mr. Higgins, and all are all about trying to prove Mr. Yitang Zhang wrong.  Despite Mr. Yitang Zhang's proof being the only one which can be successfully tested using supercomputers DUE to HAVING a memory controller built into the Algo which I have already proven TRUE using hardware.

gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2020, 12:12:55 AM

Parrot OS would work also, if the compile issues are ever fixed.
True, dat.

Cheers

Graham
neguinho1

Activity: 141
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2020, 11:20:17 PM

mining by gpu? Huh
gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2020, 11:28:12 PM

mining by gpu? Huh
AMD only - https://github.com/gapcoin-project/GapMiner

Cheers

Graham
neguinho1

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2020, 11:41:11 PM

windows?
gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2020, 09:31:58 AM

No, Linux only.

Cheers

Graham
neguinho1

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2020, 02:33:02 PM

could help me because i installed the linux director and i am not getting
neguinho1

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2020, 04:59:34 PM

video tutorial?
DaCryptoRaccoon

Activity: 1198
Merit: 580

OGRaccoon

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 05:57:34 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=822498.msg54546533#msg54546533

see here

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
┃   💎 Mine Solo with CKPool 💎    ┃
┃    ➤ Hit Blocks on Your Own!      ┃
┃ ███▓▓  ███▓▓  ███▓▓  ███▓▓┃
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 06:02:05 PM

i like THIGHCAP coin better.  especially good for all the internet THOTS out there today in the 'net.

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
UsernameNumber7

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 06:27:43 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2020, 06:48:26 PM by UsernameNumber7

Mr. Higgins,

If the conflicted in-built miner is desired for simple people to figure out it should be a more reasonable Sieve Size and Sieve Primes for the default.

Just a tip but I would make it 900 million Sieve Size and 20 million Sieve Primes as the default with shift 64.  

There is not much if any drop in performance generation until you go over shift 69.  

64 is special for 2 reasons.  

1:  64 codons encode all 20 amino acids for DNA.

2:  64 is the number of Alexander the Great Funeral Chariots

On his death bed, Alexander summoned his generals and told them his three ultimate wishes:

1.  The best doctors should carry his coffin

2.  The wealth he has accumulated (money, gold, precious stones) should be scattered along the procession to the cemetery, and

3.  His hands should be let loose, hanging outside the coffin for all to see.

One of his generals who was surprised by these unusual requests asked Alexander to explain.

Here is what Alexander the Great had to say:

1.  I want the best doctors to carry my coffin to demonstrate that, in the face of death, even the best doctors in the world have no power to heal

2.  I want the road to be covered with my treasure so that everybody sees that material wealth acquired on earth, stays on earth

3.  I want my hands to swing in the wind, so that people understand that we come to this world empty handed and we leave this world empty handed after the most precious treasure of all is exhausted, and that is TIME.

900 million and 20 million should not blow out memory of anyone who has not configured the proper amount of memory.  As only 1 GB R.A.M. per 1 CPU will be needed if hyper-threading is disabled.  Cloud Miners can figure out how to use the daemon which is not effected with your in-built miner.  If someone is building computers with 8 CPU cores and 4 GB R.A.M. is not the target audience of desired miners for Gapcoin to mine prime gaps.

Although the optimal is 1.5 billion and 40 million for AMD
Intel is 1.5 billion and 50 million due to having LESS cores.
General rule is 2 GB if R.A.M per 1 CPU core

But if someone does not have hyper threading disabled and optimized lower voltages it will be a problem no matter what.  But it is not the end of the world if someone blows out their memory and has to restart their computer.  Hopefully making the needed changes.  

It is the balance for your desired simplicity.

UsernameNumber7

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 07:13:09 PM

windows?

Bill Gates and Windows OS is Caveat emptor, Latin for "Let the buyer beware".

neguinho1

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2020, 07:34:59 PM

wallet not sincron??windows Huh
neguinho1

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2020, 08:10:19 PM

https://ibb.co/NpftV8x not sincro
servidor = 1
addnode = 212.227.143.155
addnode = 104.131.69.82
addnode = 95.215.44.9
addnode = 155.254.36.179
addnode = 199.127.226.192
addnode = 88.198.69.99
addnode = 193.242.149.63
rpcallowip = *
rpcuser = seu_login
rpcpassword = your_password
rpcthreads = 100
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: