Bitcoin Forum
July 12, 2024, 03:00:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 118 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Moolah Scam on Mintpal - Reporting Missing Coins  (Read 226892 times)
naplam

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Coin Developer - CrunchPool.com operator

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 07:33:45 PM

Do you guys think he is the likely "hacker" that tried to steal all the Vericoin in the Mintpal wallet?
Beings that he's dumb enough to not cover his tail here and beings that he got completely besmirched by the VRC rollback, I'd say so.

The guy isn't very smart and he's gonna get himself and/or his family hurt by some crazy internet fuckers. I won't feel sorry for him, and I also won't feel sorry for anyone who goes to jail for making threats/following through with them.

I kind of hope some crazy internet fuckers get to him..

Yep, many people with 0 balance at their wallet or pocket (bank) .... People with guns whose life is fucked by this guy Alex Green (crazy internet fuckers) they maybe will try to find him and ... who knows

Because this is exactly what happened to Mark Karpeles.  Oh, wait..
But Karpeles is in Japan. Oh, wait..

Now, seriously, there's a big difference. Karpeles probably stole a lot more, and he has a BODYGUARD.

naplam

Activity: 252

Coin Developer - CrunchPool.com operator

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 07:37:37 PM

Moolah tweets:

"Withdrawals of available coins are still being processed. Actual total of missing MintPal coins at this stage appears to be at least  1,000 BTC less than expected (hot wallet refills). We are continuing to refund and investigate."

Roll Eyes

K, question... If Moolah, or Alex backed out of Mintpal or didn't acquire it... why are the Mintpal tweets coming from Moolah's account?
ryan/alex did acquire mintpal through torihiki ltd.

1000btc less than expected? translation: "I wanna get away with stealing 1k btc if possible. let's see how you react to the news."

JakeThePanda

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 07:39:53 PM

After a long investigation about the owner of Mt Gox it was reported that he and his mother participated in a scam while they were still in France.  That is to say that not all mother's are innocent, or unaware of the sins of their sons. .

If his mother raised him right in the first place others would not need to discipline him now.

I read the whole Reuters interview and that's not what was said.  Post a link and stop making shit up.
sushibi

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 07:51:55 PM

Moolah tweets:

"Withdrawals of available coins are still being processed. Actual total of missing MintPal coins at this stage appears to be at least  1,000 BTC less than expected (hot wallet refills). We are continuing to refund and investigate."

Roll Eyes

K, question... If Moolah, or Alex backed out of Mintpal or didn't acquire it... why are the Mintpal tweets coming from Moolah's account?
ryan/alex did acquire mintpal through torihiki ltd.

1000btc less than expected? translation: "I wanna get away with stealing 1k btc if possible. let's see how you react to the news."

...... ?

@moolah_io
Torihiki LTD has ended all association with MintPal Limited.
19 Oct from Twitter Web Client
sushibi

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 07:53:27 PM

Anyone with any foot in the investigative process on this, you can find Moolah's twitter archives from this site.. http://snapbird.org/  -  It's decent. He's been very open with Withdrawl claims on twitter so it gives a timeline of claimed processing dates.
locoo1442

Activity: 15

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 08:06:44 PM

I did not see anywhere to talk about the missing money lost in failed attempts to withdrawal after realizing the version 2.
Before 11 days, I had to account 69DRK and 23 million KARM, tried to pass them, but never got a confirmation email.
Funds disappeared into nothingness.
I saw no mention twitter if steps are taken to resolve such cases.
I'm interested in are there any other people with a similar problem?
Sorry for my English.I use google translator. Smiley
sushibi

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 08:14:09 PM

I did not see anywhere to talk about the missing money lost in failed attempts to withdrawal after realizing the version 2.
Before 11 days, I had to account 69DRK and 23 million KARM, tried to pass them, but never got a confirmation email.

He claims to have processed over 3000 withdraws now, YET I haven't come across/heard of more then 2 people
mikeymillie

Activity: 370

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 08:15:11 PM

Do you guys think he is the likely "hacker" that tried to steal all the Vericoin in the Mintpal wallet?
Beings that he's dumb enough to not cover his tail here and beings that he got completely besmirched by the VRC rollback, I'd say so.

The guy isn't very smart and he's gonna get himself and/or his family hurt by some crazy internet fuckers. I won't feel sorry for him, and I also won't feel sorry for anyone who goes to jail for making threats/following through with them.

Yep, many people with 0 balance at their wallet or pocket (bank) .... People with guns whose life is fucked by this guy Alex Green (crazy internet fuckers) they maybe will try to find him and ... who knows

Now, seriously, there's a big difference. Karpeles probably stole a lot more, and he has a BODYGUARD.

How do you know Ryan doesn't?   And what good will 1 bodyguard do against 1000's of angry lawless underworld characters ITG's and their dozens of sockpuppet accounts?  This guy will walk away with your money, like Karpeles has done, like Tomas Jiřikovský did,  like virtually everyone who has ever left the back door open for thieves to steal delightfully "non-refundable"  bitcoin (or who stole it themselves).   This is the way the unregulated anacap cookie crumbles.  
erok

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 08:27:18 PM

He claims to have processed over 3000 withdraws now, YET I haven't come across/heard of more then 2 people
They are withdrawing defunct alts for the most part it seems. That said, I still don't have my effing karma.

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
CryptoMan2014

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 08:58:23 PM

I did get my VRC and DRK from them, but still waiting for 0.27 btc
sushibi

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 10:19:51 PM

How do you know Ryan doesn't?   And what good will 1 bodyguard do against 1000's of angry lawless underworld characters ITG's and their dozens of sockpuppet accounts?  This guy will walk away with your money, like Karpeles has done, like Tomas Jiřikovský did,  like virtually everyone who has ever left the back door open for thieves to steal delightfully "non-refundable"  bitcoin (or who stole it themselves).   This is the way the unregulated anacap cookie crumbles.  

Too much TV.  You think Alex would trust anyone else to protect him?  The guy thinks he shits rainbows, i'd be willing to bet everything I own, he thinks he can do more damage than any bodyguard.
meccaflare0

Do the thing and you'll have the power.

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 02:51:38 AM

Too much TV.  You think Alex would trust anyone else to protect him?  The guy thinks he shits rainbows, i'd be willing to bet everything I own, he thinks he can do more damage than any bodyguard.
+1 damn right that's the way pricks think
meccaflare0

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 02:57:06 AM

And if you are looking for someone who would you ask first? Someone's mother right?

Here we go ..

RYAN GENTLE'S MOTHER INFO:

Suzanna Gentle
156 Rothesay Gardens
Crownhill, Plymouth, Devon
PL5 3TB.

Why the fuck are the mods not deleting this post?

ninjaskip shame on you, that is a real asshole thing to do and you have no right to post that information, some bullshit childish vigilantee plan against the mother? Are you fucking kidding me? I should bend you over my knee and spank you.

I hope you directed a similar outburst towards the thief Alex Green / Ryan Gentle as well?

I don't think you are fully aware of how much damage has been done.
Moolah.io has ruined lives. Hurt the community. If shit like this keeps happening. The crypto-community will only shrink.
An example has to made of him. It absolutely must. Otherwise other low life hacker/scammer will only continue this shit.
And why not. The risk reward ratio is there to make it a viable way of making money.

This.

x2. I'm tired of the people focusing their efforts on the people targeting his family.  Any of these fools even consider, 100s, 1000s, of people are literally fucked? Did you people miss the part where he stole from philanthropy movement in Dogecoin? Maybe the part where he stole peoples savings. No? Okay, well maybe the part where he started a charity for mental health, one week after a dogecoin community member kills himself, AND THEN STEELS THE MONEY.  Years of scamming, he could have stopped... Opportunities to talk to the suicide people over this situation, unanswered. Heartless, and careless. Give his family what they deserve.
Wow. That is quite the history of scamming. I would officially label him a grifter at this point. Especially since he didn't learn his lesson after the first name change.

Been watching/protesting Moolah since day one.  the scamming is nuts, but once you cross into charity, creating fundraisers and stealing them... I think that puts you into another category. At that point your no better than a rapist.
Honestly he done raped the crypto community
Dotcommie

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 02:59:23 AM

PLOT TWIST: There never was a Torihiki LTD.  Funny how this name is just an anagram of his other made up one huh?

meccaflare0

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 03:03:34 AM

PLOT TWIST: There never was a Torihiki LTD.  Funny how this name is just an anagram of his other made up one huh?

Funny but not surprising. Nice find thanks for bringing this to my attention.
BBmmBB

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 03:06:57 AM

Mintpal / Moolah Bankruptcy and Missing Funds

https://i.imgur.com/d9TkhVQ.jpg

3700 BTC...and it's GONE!

Former Moo employee Eoghan Hayes tells all

...3700 BTC 'lodged into a personal account of Ryan Kennedy'

...Questions Bankruptcy after 750 BTC MoolahPIE fundraiser

...SYSCoin team 'missing approximately 750 BTC'

...Green 'in complete control of the Mintpal system'

...Fires Staff

Moo CEO Alex Green aka Ryan Kennedy Responds

...Denies 'vast majority' of allegations, claims name 'legally changed'

...Claims Moo core platform 'bleeding funds' due to 'bug'

...Claims 'large amounts of capital went missing', announced bankruptcy, VC rescue then 'pulled out' due to 'PR backlash'

...Confirms vol. liquidation, claims Moo already 'running out of reserves', full details in 'very near future'

...'shocked and upset'...'no criminal wrongdoing'

...Mintpal withdrawals will 'continue to be processed until all wallets are depleted'

Moolah US Chief Landon Merrill: 'no evidence of any wrongdoing by Moolah at this time'

Tracking the stolen funds!

Chris Ellis: Crowd sourced investigation into Mintpal/Moolah using Github and the Blockchain

...Blockchain

...Details

...Funds tracked to BitStamp? Update: Bitstamp say not their address.

NEWS

3700 Stolen BTC 'Likely in Hands of' Alex Green
Syscoin's 750 BTC missing from Moolah, starts legal action...
Yahoo News: 'accusations of fraud and criminal activity'
PC Mag: 'theft, fraud claims'
CoinGecko Co-Founder: MintPal is 'lost cause'
New sources verify Green's 'former scammer identity'
DOGE creators: Green 'well known internet scammer'
Moopay files for bankruptcy
Backtracks...Mintpal back 'within the next day'
DOGE creator on Moopay bankruptcy - 'sad...'
Green threatened Dogecoin creators...
Changed name by deed poll...

OFFICIAL STATEMENTS

Moolah acquires Mintpal!
Green Launches V2!
Shuts down V2, files for bankruptcy!
...denies acquisition
...resigns
...still Tweeting!
Claims Alts worth 2065 BTC returned
Allegations '...are getting rather ridiculous'
...claims to have been 'in another country for 2 weeks'

MOOLAH

Team structure
Moolah holding 250 BTC Syscoin escrow
..accused of Ponzi scheme
..former employee speaks
..sys admin distances: 'It wasn't me'
Ongoing legal action
Total funds worth 5,200 BTC missing

LINKS

Moolah Twitter
Mintpal
Moola Reddit
Mintpal Twitter
Moolah.io
blog.moolah.io
trade.moolah.io

ACTION

UK CyberCrime Action Fraud +44-300-123-2040
HM Courts & Tribunals MoneyClaim

MOOLAH CEO

DOGE exposes: Ryan Kennedy
...leaks video
...ID confirmed on Twitter
...Change of name deed
...'solicited more than 750 BTC' from DOGE users
'10 years of scamming' (NSFW)
...2013: Multiple aliases & companies...
...2012: Ryan Kennedy
...2006: Ryan Gentle
Started fundraiser for 'mental health awareness'
'taking money from trusting members'
StopRyan @ BlogSpot
StopRyan.org
...hacked!
BCT User: Lemon
...accused of 'taking over 500 BTC'
...defaulted on loan
...again
LemonadeDev 'hero of usenet'
BTCFaucet posts
Court: 12 months restraining order
Facebook
LinkedIn

MINTPAL ACQUISITION

Moopay Ltd 'acquires' Mintpal
Green: '...acquisition'
Mintpal owner: 'sold to Moopay Ltd'
Green now: 'we do not own it'

COMPANIES

Mintpal Ltd
Moopay Ltd
Moolah.io Inc. - US subsiduary
Torihiki Ltd – Holding Company

PAPER TRAIL

Mintpal Ltd: Special Resolution
Torihiki Ltd – Incorporation doc
...Green owns 48%
...claims Torihiki has 'ended all association' with MintPal.
(thanks to everyone who provided info)

INFO:

If you have missing funds from the recent Mintpal / Moolah debacle, please report it here.  And if you want to, say how many are missing.  Then if you have any luck getting missing coins back, please share too.

The goal of this thread is to provide a place where people can share info on the Mintpal situation openly and without censorship or filtering so we can build an accurate picture of what's really happening.

If we can get enough information and people together, we can get a criminal investigation started to see what really happened and maybe recoup funds.

Please repost this thread, first we need information as to what the picture is on how many coins have gone missing.

NOTE: Coins need to be 'left on an exchange' in orders so you can buy/sell coins or there wouldn't be any liquidity, and for users with high trade volume this can be a lot, there is no blame in this.  Even people who take precautions loose coins when exchanges go bad, implying all users are careless when they have money stolen doesn't help anybody.

REPORTING GUIDELINES:

Update: I am not updating the figures right now as too hard to match any returned funds to previous reports that they were missing, but please keep reporting so the missing funds are documented in the thread and the information is on record.  

Some alts have been returned but BTC still missing, and many people still have zero balances, can't withdraw or can't login, and as usual support tickets are being completely ignored by Moolah and they won't provide any actual details on the real situation.

Once we know whether Green is going to return the missing BTC, I will start generating the report on that so we can do a final tally of what is missing.

Thanks

MISSING COINS REPORT #1:

(From when Mintpal V2 was taken offline due to 'critical bug')

# USERS REPORTING: 97 out of 70,000         

TOTAL MISSING (IN BTC)      412.89   BTC

MISSING BY COIN:         

BTC   167.28      
DRK   4,501      
XMR   8,681      
KARM   306,286,000      
TES   107,532      
EMC2   250,000      
DOGE   4,305,000      
CINNI   119,796      
UTC   29,629      
WC   961,322      
SYS   99,250      
CLOAK   6,600      
FLT   4,181,584      
BC   31,600      
ENRG   1,501,000      
MYR   5,407,000      
USDE   180,000      
PND   76,950,000      
LTC   33      
FAIR   25,000      
ARI   792,679      
SAT2   12,000      
CAIX   9,159      
MIN   9,600      
CRYPT   1,000      
VRC   10,432      
XC   5,052      
SDC   150      
UNO   255      
HIRO   3,356,699      
MZC   1,300,000      
SUPER   30,000         

ok i'm on the team here now!  Cool
BBmmBB

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 03:10:55 AM

yes i can help with the twitter stuff ... let's find these guys! :-)
chnchapters

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 03:30:59 AM

I will report that I am missing a small amount of funds, about 0.1 BTC
I think a few CRYPT and TES that I never sold, maybe 300 of CRYPT and 5k TES

Can't be sure of the exact numbers, except the BTC is pretty accurate

I wasn't too worried about it, but I figured that I would report it in this thread
7fever

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 04:46:44 AM

Fuck I guess he got me too!
301 LTC
DRK RZR SILK Roughly 3BTC worth
BBmmBB

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 05:04:58 AM

Gox, Cryptorush, Mintpal, CoinEx, Coinmarket + maybe some more. Crypto is crazy, sorry for your loss.

....inputs.io    Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 118 »
  Print  

Jump to: