Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:55:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: P  (Read 78339 times)
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I heart thebaron

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 05:14:07 AM

OMG.....

Here comes the fake Law Office, contacting everyone...LMAO

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MoPac

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 05:16:47 AM

"It's legal stuff" just doesn't seem convincing here.

At the moment an auto manufacturer goes bankrupt, it probably owes a substantial amount of money to it parts suppliers.

In turn, those parts suppliers probably owe a lot of money to their subconstractors and further suppliers, money that everyone knows they can only pay out if and when their big client, the primary manufacturer, ponies up.

I am certainly no bankruptcy lawyer, but in any recognizable liquidation process, since when do the parts suppliers have to give the bankrupt manufacturer a list of their own debts in order to make their claims?

On a similar note, if I own an ETF share or mutual fund that tracks a large number of stock and bonds, and somebody goes belly up or defaults, I'm pretty durn sure that my name never comes up in the proceedings -- it's only the fund operator.
stochastic

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 05:20:52 AM

I can imagine Trendon lawyer's face when he told his lawyer what he was up to for the last few months.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
Luceo

Activity: 350

Per aspera ad astra!

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 05:22:52 AM

It's obvious why Trendon wants to deal with individuals.

Someone with 50 BTC debt will likely take 25 to get it over with. An account with 5000 BTC will NOT simply settle for 2500 BTC.

Although it was NEVER about dollars previously.....it will soon be.

It's his own version of a '50% attack' on a different scale...LMAO

It's not so much will not as cannot. If the 5000 BTC account accepts 2500 BTC, all (s)he does is take responsibility off pirate and put it onto him/herself to pay his/her bondholders back.

(S)he would need the legal agreement of all of his/her bondholders to accept that agreement.

piotr_n
Legendary

Activity: 2053
Merit: 1354

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 05:25:36 AM

<pirateat40> Bitcoin Savings & Trust has hereby given notice of default to it's account holders.
<pirateat40> At his time, all Pirate Pass-Thru operators are required to submit a list of their sub-accounts including; balance, forum / IRC name (or any other way of linking and confirming the account) and Bitcoin withdraw address. Payments will be processed directly by Bitcoin Savings & Trust to Pirate Pass-Thru sub-accounts upon verification and cleared of any outstanding conditions.
<pirateat40> Payments will be processed directly by Bitcoin Savings & Trust to Pirate Pass-Thru sub-accounts upon verification and cleared of any outstanding conditions.Payments will be processed directly by Bitcoin Savings & Trust to Pirate Pass-Thru sub-accounts upon verification and cleared of any outstanding conditions.
<pirateat40> Principal and interest payments are subject to review.
<pirateat40> No timeline or further information is available at this time.
Haha.
So I see that Pirate has decided to not put the money through your lying promises, but he wants to just pay the PPT customers directly, instead.
Which means, you will have no opportunity to screw anyone with your empty PPT bonds scam...
And now, since you've already dumped 30129 shares onto the market, of which over 10% has not been deposited into BS&T - you are so fucked up, Goat Smiley
Sell more, sell!  There is still time... Smiley

Check out gocoin - my original project of full bitcoin node & cold wallet written in Go.
PGP fingerprint: AB9E A551 E262 A87A 13BB  9059 1BE7 B545 CDF3 FD0E
stochastic

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 05:27:37 AM

Wrd, on top of that I don't understand why bonds are ”tricky”. Just pay out the security issuer (Goat) and let him divvy it up from there. The only reason why it would be ”tricky” is if he (or whoever its using him aa sock puppet) wanted to ID all the bond holders. I wonder why he would want to do that?

I don't believe pirate is being legit but if he was then you pay creditors directly rather than through intermediaries so that you're not liable if the pass-throughs don't pay.

There is no good reason whatsoever for him refusing to give the pass-through operators contact details for his lawyer or accountant though.  It makes me wonder if pirate is collecting information because he hasn't maintained adequate records and he needs it to now create them.  Normally, the information would be submitted directly to the accountant/lawyer handling an insolvency and verified against existing business records.

Actually, if someone can prove that Tredon used a bitcoin address that was used for both paying interest on BTST accounts and GPUMAX then just file a lawsuit by serving the papers to the registered agent listed for GPUMAX.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
MoPac

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 05:28:20 AM

It's not so much will not as cannot. If the 5000 BTC account accepts 2500 BTC, all (s)he does is take responsibility off pirate and put it onto him/herself to pay his/her bondholders back.

(S)he would need the legal agreement of all of his/her bondholders to accept that agreement.

But that's a legal issue between the bondholders and the bond issuer, not between the bondholders and Pirate.

Essentially, the issue you have identified is: "In buying this bond from Goat, who promises to repay me only what Pirate repays him, have I or have I not implicitly authorized Goat to settle for less than the full value?  We know if Pirate pays 100% it must be passed through, and if Pirate disappears the value is zero.  But what if Pirate offers Goat a choice of either X% settlement or a lawsuit?"

That's legally complicated.  My guess is that so long as Goat can show that he negotiated in good faith and received the maximum amount from Pirate that can be expected, then I have no claim against Goat.  This is especially the case given that (correct me if I'm wrong) Goat also has personal assets in the same account.  

But even if that's not the way it gets answered, I still see no reason why it would be Pirate's problem legally.  It might be Pirate's problem from a practical standpoint if bond issuers are scared to take any haircut for fear of legal reprisal from bondholders.  Even then, if an independent receiver or judge ends up approving the disbursement of assets, then the bond issuers will be bound and the bondholders won't really be able to complain about the actions of the bond issuers, provided the issuers filed their claims on time and such.

Right?
bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 05:28:32 AM

I can imagine Trendon lawyer's face when he told his lawyer what he was up to for the last few months.

What if they were "in bed together" the whole time!!!  Shocked

It's like a cross between scenes from 'Breaking Bad' and 'Varsity Blues' .......

repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 05:37:21 AM

Actually, if someone can prove that Tredon used a bitcoin address that was used for both paying interest on BTST accounts and GPUMAX then just file a lawsuit by serving the papers to the registered agent listed for GPUMAX.

I know people in the US think litigation is the answer to everything, but what value is there in filing a lawsuit at this point?  It's just an expensive way to reach the very same settlement you'd reach without involving courts. 

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 05:39:52 AM

Well, if all else fails, I am still a fan of the 'Scorched Earth' way of doing things.

If I can't have it - neither can he..... and I will move my claims to the IRS, Homeland Security and Customs/Immigration.

MoPac

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 05:40:02 AM

I know people in the US think litigation is the answer to everything, but what value is there in filing a lawsuit at this point?  It's just an expensive way to reach the very same settlement you'd reach without involving courts. 

One advantage of having a court handle something like this is the protection of the interests of third parties.  There are plenty of instances, this being a prime example, where there can be a principal-agent conflict of interest between some of the large claimants, who actually have leverage over Pirate, and smaller or more ancillary stakeholders, who do not.  When a judge has to sign off, there is less of a chance of an arbitrary settlement that only protects a few prominent creditors at the expense of others.  
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 05:42:10 AM

<pirateat40> Bitcoin Savings & Trust has hereby given notice of default to it's account holders.
<pirateat40> At his time, all Pirate Pass-Thru operators are required to submit a list of their sub-accounts including; balance, forum / IRC name (or any other way of linking and confirming the account) and Bitcoin withdraw address. Payments will be processed directly by Bitcoin Savings & Trust to Pirate Pass-Thru sub-accounts upon verification and cleared of any outstanding conditions.
<pirateat40> Payments will be processed directly by Bitcoin Savings & Trust to Pirate Pass-Thru sub-accounts upon verification and cleared of any outstanding conditions.Payments will be processed directly by Bitcoin Savings & Trust to Pirate Pass-Thru sub-accounts upon verification and cleared of any outstanding conditions.
Haha.
So I see that Pirate has decided to not put the money through your lying promises, but he wants to just pay the PPT customers directly, instead.
Which means, you will have no opportunity to screw anyone with your empty PPT bonds scam...
And now, since you've already dumped 30129 shares onto the market, of which over 10% has not been deposited into BS&T - you are so fucked up, Goat Smiley
Sell more, sell!  There is still time... Smiley

dude, you are clueless

there is no way for Goat or any other GLBSE PPT issuer to provide what pirate is asking and certainly there is no way for Pirate to pay directly to GLBSE PPT bond holders.
furthermore GLBSE PPT bond holders are not BTCST Trust sub-accounts
stochastic

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 05:42:29 AM

Well, if all else fails, I am still a fan of the 'Scorched Earth' way of doing things.

If I can't have it - neither can he..... and I will move my claims to the IRS, Homeland Security and Customs/Immigration.

You should try the Dallas Morning News as well.

bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 05:44:26 AM

McKinney Courier-gazette and Plano Star Wink

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 05:44:43 AM

Didnt Saddam Hussein try that by blowing up the oil fields when the US invaded ?

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 05:45:13 AM

McKinney Currier-gazette and Plano Star Wink

Do eeet

stochastic

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 05:47:17 AM

It is Texas so litigation would not be able to take his house (unless he purchased it by illegal means), but everything else is open to forfeiture.  People can declare bankruptcy but that is only for outstanding debt, that does not include fraud.  If that fraud was done over the internet then that is wire fraud.

bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 05:47:47 AM

McKinney Currier-gazette and Plano Star Wink

Do eeet

Trust me. He will be the PRIDE of PLANO if I don't get paid.

Libel ? NOT A FUCKING CHANCE - ALL TRUTH.

piotr_n
Legendary

Activity: 2053
Merit: 1354

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 05:49:07 AM
Last edit: August 29, 2012, 07:23:30 AM by piotr_n

Haha.
Sell more, sell!  There is still time... Smiley

dude, you are clueless

there is no way for Goat or any other GLBSE PPT issuer to provide what pirate is asking and certainly there is no way for Pirate to pay directly to GLBSE PPT bond holders.
furthermore GLBSE PPT bond holders are not BTCST Trust sub-accounts
of course there is a way.
goat and nefario don't even need to help with the process.
someone with glbse account can just act as a proxy - people would be transferring the bonds to him, together with the withdrawal address (with a message that goes off GLBSE) - and pirate would be sending money to that address.

so goat, the only thing you can do now to save yourself from the shit hitting the fan, is ordering your bitch to shut the service down - then indeed there would be no way...
but that would also be like GLBSE committing a suicide.... so, is nefario so much engaged to you - or isn't he? i guess we will find out soon... Smiley

Check out gocoin - my original project of full bitcoin node & cold wallet written in Go.
PGP fingerprint: AB9E A551 E262 A87A 13BB  9059 1BE7 B545 CDF3 FD0E
bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 05:49:10 AM

It is Texas so litigation would not be able to take his house (unless he purchased it by illegal means), but everything else is open to forfeiture.  People can declare bankruptcy but that is only for outstanding debt, that does not include fraud.  If that fraud was done over the internet then that is wire fraud.

..and let's pray that one of those Mt.Gox transfers was used to make a Car and/or Mortgage payment Wink

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: