Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 01:22:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: P  (Read 78339 times)
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 07:48:10 PM

GLBSE used to have all clients sign their orders with their private key, pretty soon because obvious that this wasn't going to scale as more and more people lost their keys

As long as its them losing their keys not me losing their keys that is fine. They are free to lose their keys, I am free to lose mine.

Whether people should be free to invest in ponzi schemes or not I am still willing to allow them the freedom to lose their keys.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wirmola

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 12:11:47 AM

is there any chance that he will pay?
what are we gonna do about it? send guys to his place??
did anyone speak to him, and what does he say..??

Mageant
Legendary

Activity: 1145
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2012, 02:21:29 AM

AFAIK if you declare bankruptcy in Texas you get to keep your house. So if Pirate did that there might be nothing to seize from him.

cjgames.com
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 04:20:34 PM

Personally, I trust Goat *WAY* more than Pirate, but if Pirate really wants/needs proof from the bond-holders themselves, I see no reason why he can't just set up an account himself and say "Ok anybody who wants their payout, send your shares of XXXXX bond to pirate_deposits and you'll receive .XXXX BTC per share".  Problem solved, and you circumvent Nefario and Goat all together.

OR, Pirate can simply set up his own BID Wall and tell everyone to dump. He doesn't need anyone's info.

Goat, Nefario and anyone else showing Pirate just the slightest bit of resistance to his crap should be rewarded, not kicked in public.

THEY ARE PROTECTING THEIR CUSTOMERS.

Protecting yes, but from who or what, who knows... I highly doubt Pirate personally wants that info.

Has there been any clarity on this since yesterday?

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
piotr_n
Legendary

Activity: 2053
Merit: 1354

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2012, 05:31:45 PM
Last edit: August 30, 2012, 06:28:18 PM by piotr_n

So, coming back to the TYGRR.BOND-P topic, and the contract which clearly states:

1) This is a pass through bond to BTCST.
2) The money gained from the selling of these bonds will go to BTCST.

... knowing that now the number of TYGRR.BOND-P bonds in circulation is 31703, while it was less than 27895 at August the 20th - this means that Goat is clearly violating the IPO contract!

IMO, such a blatant and outrageous action should not only give him a SCAMMER tag on the forum, but it should also ban him from GLBSE once and for all!

But obviously, Nefario still claims that Goat has done nothing wrong - right, Nefario?

Check out gocoin - my original project of full bitcoin node & cold wallet written in Go.
PGP fingerprint: AB9E A551 E262 A87A 13BB  9059 1BE7 B545 CDF3 FD0E
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 07:10:11 PM

So, coming back to the TYGRR.BOND-P topic, and the contract which clearly states:

... knowing that now the number of TYGRR.BOND-P bonds in circulation is 31703, while it was less than 27895 at August the 20th - this means that Goat is clearly violating the IPO contract!

IMO, such a blatant and outrageous action should not only give him a SCAMMER tag on the forum, but it should also ban him from GLBSE once and for all!

But obviously, Nefario still claims that Goat has done nothing wrong - right, Nefario?

It's immaterial at this point. Even if it were 1,000,000 shares, 1 million x 0 is still 0.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
piotr_n
Legendary

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2012, 07:14:13 PM
Last edit: August 30, 2012, 07:26:34 PM by piotr_n

It's immaterial at this point. Even if it were 1,000,000 shares, 1 million x 0 is still 0.
Well if it is immaterial - then he is profiting from selling worthless bonds, while promising to deposit them into BS&T and buy them back at 1.0 + interests if Pirate would pay out.

But in reality there is still an actual possibility that Pirate will pay out.
And if so: where is he going to get the extra money from, since he's selling the bonds now at 0.1, without even depositing this fraction into BS&T?
The obvious answer: he won't have the money to cover his obligations, if Pirate does pay out.

Either way - he violates the contract, which is completely unacceptable and it's just a clear, outrageous fraud - nothing else!

But you people are so happy with this that I just don't even want to ruin your fun...
So please pardon my "trolling" and just keep letting him doing what he does, since I'm dying to see how this will end up Smiley

Check out gocoin - my original project of full bitcoin node & cold wallet written in Go.
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2012, 12:15:01 AM

Well if it is immaterial - then he is profiting from selling worthless bonds, while promising to deposit them into BS&T and buy them back at 1.0 + interests if Pirate would pay out.

And if so: where is he going to get the extra money from, since he's selling the bonds now at 0.1, without even depositing this fraction into BS&T?
The obvious answer: he won't have the money to cover his obligations, if Pirate does pay out.

Either way - he violates the contract, which is completely unacceptable and it's just a clear, outrageous fraud - nothing else!

But you people are so happy with this that I just don't even want to ruin your fun...
So please pardon my "trolling" and just keep letting him doing what he does, since I'm dying to see how this will end up Smiley
The only way I can see this being acceptable is if he has already deposited funds with Pirate and is selling a claim on them should they be fully paid off. So long as his personal balance with Pirate is more than the face value of the bonds and he deducts the face value from his tracking of his personal balance, I don't see any fraud. Otherwise, I agree with you. He can't pay the face value to Pirate if he sells the bond for less than face.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
piotr_n
Legendary

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2012, 06:20:36 AM
Last edit: August 31, 2012, 06:47:38 AM by piotr_n

The only way I can see this being acceptable is if he has already deposited funds with Pirate and is selling a claim on them should they be fully paid off. So long as his personal balance with Pirate is more than the face value of the bonds and he deducts the face value from his tracking of his personal balance, I don't see any fraud. Otherwise, I agree with you. He can't pay the face value to Pirate if he sells the bond for less than face.

Over 40K in BTCST. Theymos took screen shots I'm told.

You have 40K in BTCST - so what???

It doesn't mean that you are not violating the contract by selling the bonds now!

Or maybe you just don't understand English?

The money gained from the selling of these bonds will go to BTCST.
What would the word "will" mean in this sentence, if not explicitly stating that you must first sell a bond, before you can deposit the relevant amount into BTCST?
The contract, which you wrote yourself, strictly forbids you to do it the other way around.
Even if you had had some extra funds deposited in BTCST, they were your personal funds and had nothing to do with TYGRR.BOND-P.
Since BS&T stopped accepting new deposits, you have had no right whatsoever to convert your personal deposit into new TYGRR.BOND-P bonds.

Moreover, as you have already admitted in this thread (and Nefario confirmed the statement to be true), you were not only selling new bonds after the 17th, but also buying these bonds back - which the contract also forbids you doing, being very specific about it:
The bond will not be bought back unless BTCST refunds the deposit.

JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2012, 11:55:53 AM

So he's only selling debt that he actually has.

It doesn't mean that you are not violating the contract by selling the bonds now!
It does.

What would the word "will" mean in this sentence, if not explicitly stating that you must first sell a bond, before you can deposit the relevant amount into BTCST?
The contract, which you wrote yourself, strictly forbids you to do it the other way around.
In this case though, no money is gained from selling those bonds because he's selling them at a loss.

Even if you had had some extra funds deposited in BTCST, they were your personal funds and had nothing to do with TYGRR.BOND-P.
Right, until he turns them into bonds and sells them, which is exactly what he's doing.

Since BS&T stopped accepting new deposits, you have had no right whatsoever to convert your personal deposit into new TYGRR.BOND-P bonds.
I cannot imagine why you think this. The whole purpose of his pass through was to convert his personal Pirate debt into bonds.

Moreover, as you have already admitted in this thread (and Nefario confirmed the statement to be true), you were not only selling new bonds after the 17th, but also buying these bonds back - which the contract also forbids you doing, being very specific about it:
He didn't buy them "back", he simply bought them the same way anyone else would buy them.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
btharper

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 04:16:36 PM

So he's only selling debt that he actually has.

It does.

In this case though, no money is gained from selling those bonds because he's selling them at a loss.

Right, until he turns them into bonds and sells them, which is exactly what he's doing.

I cannot imagine why you think this. The whole purpose of his pass through was to convert his personal Pirate debt into bonds.

He didn't buy them "back", he simply bought them the same way anyone else would buy them.

+1 You have more patience than I do
wirmola

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 04:27:06 PM

why is the price going up again? did I miss something?
MoPac

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 04:40:52 PM

Supposedly a modest number of accounts (22 at the moment, claims a script on IRC) have been paid something back.  It's not very clear from where I'm sitting, but there seems to be some renewed hope out there that the debt isn't totally worthless.
totaleclipseofthebank

Activity: 451

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 04:46:12 PM

dead cat bounce

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
btharper

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 05:03:54 PM

Supposedly a modest number of accounts (22 at the moment, claims a script on IRC) have been paid something back.  It's not very clear from where I'm sitting, but there seems to be some renewed hope out there that the debt isn't totally worthless.
Any word on how much is being paid back? I assume in full at this point (if everyone's gettining excited about it)?
MoPac

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 05:07:40 PM

Any word on how much is being paid back? I assume in full at this point (if everyone's gettining excited about it)?

Well, I think at this point there are differing definitions of "full" depending on how much interest you expect.  I'm not sure whether the paybacks are real or how much they've actually been paid.

I'm also not sure whether people thinking the debt might be worth 35% of no-interest face value really qualifies as "excited", but...
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2012, 05:08:33 PM

I wouldn't get your hopes up, there's not even any confirmation anyone has been paid back yet. The only person who has said anyone has been paid back is Pirate. And his word is worthless since he has broken it several times in the past few weeks.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
btharper

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 05:34:28 PM

I wouldn't get your hopes up, there's not even any confirmation anyone has been paid back yet. The only person who has said anyone has been paid back is Pirate. And his word is worthless since he has broken it several times in the past few weeks.
I was figuring that other people had confirmed on irc that they had received full (at least face value) on their deposits.
wirmola

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 06:07:02 PM

I think I might buy some more, for my dividends already made from this project.
 I think it's very difficult for him to disappear with this money when we have so much info about him.
 Maybe it's a longshot, but nice +EV if he pays.
 I think his intentions are to pay back, but the money are prolly locked inside the system at the moment..  Huh hopefully..
burnside
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2012, 06:34:40 PM

I think I might buy some more, for my dividends already made from this project.
 I think it's very difficult for him to disappear with this money when we have so much info about him.
 Maybe it's a longshot, but nice +EV if he pays.
 I think his intentions are to pay back, but the money are prolly locked inside the system at the moment..  Huh hopefully..

What reasonably plausible system locks for over 2 weeks?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: