Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:22:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: P  (Read 78339 times)
exahash

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2012, 02:41:24 AM

Now *that's* funny.  Thanks goat.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btharper

Activity: 389

View Profile
September 01, 2012, 03:58:55 AM

Quite amusing xD
sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2012, 04:03:36 AM

So, less than an hour before Pirate's stated deadline to close out any PPT issues. What do you think he will be saying?

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
BrightAnarchist
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 853
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 01, 2012, 01:16:22 PM

So, less than an hour before Pirate's stated deadline to close out any PPT issues. What do you think he will be saying?

Lawyers Address?

Just kidding. I do not think Pirate will be saying anything even though he said he would provided that information today.

GPUMax however did get paid out it seems.

Actually, he said he would be providing that information *yesterday*, right? That was clearly a lie. Jesus, I hate this lawyer crap.
BrightAnarchist
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2012, 03:36:56 PM

Lawyers Address?

Just kidding. I do not think Pirate will be saying anything even though he said he would provided that information today.

GPUMax however did get paid out it seems.

Actually, he said he would be providing that information *yesterday*, right? That was clearly a lie. Jesus, I hate this lawyer crap.

Yeah... I do not know what I should do now...

I think the right move is to wait until september 10th. If things are not made clear by then, then that is the time for us to think about some sort of collective legal action. Until then, however, there is still a very high chance of a reasonable settlement being reached and agreed upon. So: wait.
piotr_n
Legendary

Activity: 2053
Merit: 1354

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2012, 05:44:38 PM

I think the right move is to wait until september 10th. If things are not made clear by then, then that is the time for us to think about some sort of collective legal action. Until then, however, there is still a very high chance of a reasonable settlement being reached and agreed upon. So: wait.
I can only wonder what would that collective legal action be?
I guess the first thing you'd need to do is to collect evidence who of you ownes how many bonds - and provide them to Pirate as your claim.
Which is exactly what he has asked you to do, but you dont want to do this. Smiley
So what the hell would you want to sue him for? Fot not paying yor money to Goat? Obviously he does need to pay them to Goat after declared default - though he wants to pay them directly to you. I dont understand why you dont want Goat and Nefario to give your withdrawal address to Pirate so he could pay you out directly. Instead you plan to sue him...
Have you thought about doing MRI? Because I think that maybe you should

Check out gocoin - my original project of full bitcoin node & cold wallet written in Go.
PGP fingerprint: AB9E A551 E262 A87A 13BB  9059 1BE7 B545 CDF3 FD0E
sadpandatech

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 01, 2012, 07:10:28 PM

I guess the first thing you'd need to do is to collect evidence who of you ownes how many bonds - and provide them to Pirate as your claim.
If you were making any sort of legal action, the last thing you would do would be to communicate directly with the other party... Try again after you atleast watch some TV law show. You'd atleast get that part correct when you come back to troll some more.

I knew I was going to regret unignoring you....

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 01, 2012, 07:11:54 PM

Which is exactly what he has asked you to do, but you dont want to do this. Smiley
So what the hell would you want to sue him for? Fot not paying yor money to Goat? Obviously he does need to pay them to Goat after declared default - though he wants to pay them directly to you. I dont understand why you dont want Goat and Nefario to give your withdrawal address to Pirate so he could pay you out directly. Instead you plan to sue him...

I really can't help but get the feeling you wake up each morning sticky after a wet dream about your wonderful white knight coming to save you from the evil Goat and his nefarious henchman. You do realize that there's a very good chance that Pirate has your money, has no intention of giving it back, and is laughing at you right now, right?
BrightAnarchist
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2012, 07:32:49 PM

My God piotr_n... before insulting me, did it ever occur to you that *I DO NOT OWN ANY TYGRR.BOND-P SHARES AT ALL*??
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
September 01, 2012, 09:43:20 PM

Fresh quotes from IRC

@pirateat40 | The PPT that didn't' comply will have a long road ahead.  Those that contacted me ahead of time "Friday" are clear.
@pirateat40 | I'm wanted to speak for awhile now, but I someone stole my ship.

@pirateat40 | Finally things are progressing and I've returned to my boat.
@pirateat40 | It's going to get better to some, I promise.     
@pirateat40 | That's all for now, back to your regularly scheduled trolling.         

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
September 01, 2012, 09:57:55 PM

Fresh quotes from IRC

@pirateat40 | The PPT that didn't' comply will have a long road ahead.  Those that contacted me ahead of time "Friday" are clear.

Lets not forget that pirateat40 "are clear" is meaningless until you have proof that people got the BTC + interest.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
September 01, 2012, 10:05:17 PM

Fresh quotes from IRC

Is that the whole conversation?  It would be helpful to see it in the context of other comments.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
btharper

Activity: 389

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 12:12:28 AM

Fresh quotes from IRC

For all the noise about Goat not complying, afaik Brendio (who runs BIB.PIRATE and FOO.PPPPT) is still on vacation and my not even have any idea about what's going on (I've at least not heard from him in the threads for either security).

Just an excuse to strong-arm the god-emperor who can do no wrong, Goat. (That should get peanut_n going)
(I haven't held any BOND-P since before the mess, I do hold some FOO.PPPPT though).
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2012, 01:18:59 AM

Fresh quotes from IRC

Lets not forget that pirateat40 "are clear" is meaningless until you have proof that people got the BTC + interest.

Could be a scientology thing. I think that scam hasn't been linked to this one yet?

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 02:49:58 AM

Fresh quotes from IRC

Is that the whole conversation?  It would be helpful to see it in the context of other comments.

I wonder if it is just trolling. Cuz pirate said "the PPT".

Anyway it seems Pirate wants to play more games so it looks like this is not going to get resolved.

I want to let everyone know that at this point I will potentially take legal action and potentially press criminal charges.

I'm having trouble believing those comments were the entire conversation and understanding why it's not being disclosed in full.  I wouldn't read much into "the PPT", though - it's a valid abbreviation for Pirate Pass-Throughs.

It's hard to know to what extent pirate's just playing games based on some cherry-picked quotes but his failure to disclose contact details for his lawyers isn't a sign of good faith.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2012, 02:51:39 AM

Fresh quotes from IRC

I wonder if it is just trolling. Cuz pirate said "the PPT".

Anyway it seems Pirate wants to play more games so it looks like this is not going to get resolved.

I want to let everyone know that at this point I will potentially take legal action and potentially press criminal charges.

I'm having trouble believing those comments were the entire conversation and understanding why it's not being disclosed in full.  I wouldn't read much into "the PPT", though - it's a valid abbreviation for Pirate Pass-Throughs.

It's hard to know to what extent pirate's just playing games based on some cherry-picked quotes but his failure to disclose contact details for his lawyers isn't a sign of good faith.

Quoting users without permission is against freenode policy.  If you wish to have full context, I'd suggest you join #btcst.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 03:09:11 AM

Pirate needed to verify individual pass through bond holders because he cares oh so much about people getting their money back fairly.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
purplesquid

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 03:44:21 AM

Quoting users without permission is against freenode policy.  If you wish to have full context, I'd suggest you join #btcst.

Oh NOES the boss is getting his ass reamed! Off to the CENSORMOBILE!!!!

* Topic for #btcst-trust is: "Bitcoin Savings & Trust | Update at 8:30pm CST (-5). Invite Only
* Topic for #btcst-trust set by pirateat40!~pirateat4@unaffiliated/pirateat40 at Wed Aug 29 04:13:19 2012
<hashking> lol
<copumpkin> omg it's the hypergoat
...snip...
<hashking> I will need a lawyers number also before I give out any information as you are the one that has messed this up.
<pirateat40> Thanks guys, have a good night.
<Chaang-Noi> giving us 48 hours to make a list or not get btc is fail...
* pirateat40 sets mode +m #btcst-trust
<Chaang-Noi> .
* #btcst-trust :Cannot send to channel
<Chaang-Noi> .
* gigavps (~gigavps@97.100.94.215) has left #btcst-trust
<[\\\]> pirateat40, how much of this is for public dissemination
* [\\\] has changed the topic to: "Bitcoin Savings & Trust |  Invite Only
<pirateat40> Anything said on IRC can be made public.
<[\\\]> ok
* copumpkin is now known as irregardless
* patrickharnett has quit (Quit: Page closed)

Permission GRANTED.
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2012, 04:18:05 AM

Oh NOES the boss is getting his ass reamed! Off to the CENSORMOBILE!!!!

* Topic for #btcst-trust is: "Bitcoin Savings & Trust | Update at 8:30pm CST (-5). Invite Only
* Topic for #btcst-trust set by pirateat40!~pirateat4@unaffiliated/pirateat40 at Wed Aug 29 04:13:19 2012
<hashking> lol
<copumpkin> omg it's the hypergoat
...snip...
<hashking> I will need a lawyers number also before I give out any information as you are the one that has messed this up.
<pirateat40> Thanks guys, have a good night.
<Chaang-Noi> giving us 48 hours to make a list or not get btc is fail...
* pirateat40 sets mode +m #btcst-trust
<Chaang-Noi> .
<Chaang-Noi> .
* gigavps (~gigavps@97.100.94.215) has left #btcst-trust
<[\\\]> pirateat40, how much of this is for public dissemination
* [\\\] has changed the topic to: "Bitcoin Savings & Trust |  Invite Only
<pirateat40> Anything said on IRC can be made public.
<[\\\]> ok
* copumpkin is now known as irregardless
* patrickharnett has quit (Quit: Page closed)

Permission GRANTED.

Which channel is that?  oh right, #btcst-trust.  If a channel is publicly logged, it must indicate as much in the channel topic.  Otherwise, you have to ask permission from each user being quoted.  Try again.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
fellowtraveler

Activity: 440

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 04:33:40 AM

No one cares about OpenTransactions, it's difficult to use and the problem it's tying to solve is the wrong one, the problem is key management.

GLBSE used to have all clients sign their orders with their private key, pretty soon because obvious that this wasn't going to scale as more and more people lost their keys

Nefario!

I think a year or two ago, it would have been a fair accusation that the OT API was difficult to use, which is probably the timeframe when you last played around with it.

But since then, an extremely powerful, high-level API has been added on top of the original API.  (Kind of like how the "GPG Made Easy" high-level API was added on top of GPG.)

I encourage you to check out some examples of this, just to see just how easy it has become for developers to use the OT API:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=86710.msg1003087#msg1003087

While OT does not yet have a real GUI, I assure you that if I ever personally produce a commercial GUI, it will be easy enough "for Grandma to use."
You all have a head-start on me, in this regard.   :-)  I encourage everyone to take advantage of that head start.

As for a command line interface, OT's original CLI was much too low-level. But now, OT has a new CLI which is written entirely in the OT script language. Type "opentxs list" or "opentxs help" to see all the commands that are available to you. Furthermore, look in the ot_commands.ot script file to see the source code for each and every one of those commands. Notice how easy they all are, and short their code is--just like the examples in the above link. You can make any scripts you wish, with full access to the OT high-level (and low level) APIs.

I have also posted some instructional videos on how to use the new CLI: http://open-transactions-tv.github.com/

Soon I will be posting instructional videos on how to use the high-level API as well.
There are also some instructions posted here (updated recently to demonstrate the high level API instead of the low level one): https://github.com/FellowTraveler/Open-Transactions/wiki/Use-Cases

But for you, Nefario, I will make it even more special:  I will happily sit down with you anytime and personally train you on the CLI / API because after you come back here and tell everyone how easy and fun it now is to write software using OT, everyone will believe you, because you already put your name on the line that you think it's too difficult. I believe you are man enough that you will admit when you are wrong, and that will be good publicity for me.

As for Key Management, I wanted to add that I believe you are completely correct. A good integration for OT would be an integration in KeePassX, for example. (Or Chrome... or Skype...) and I have already put a lot of serious thought into turning the main OT client, whenever that is actually written, into a key manager. FYI, in case you didn't already know, OT is already integrated with Gnome Keyring, Mac Keychain, and Windows DPAPI. But beyond that, a future version of OT will support multiple signers on accounts, as well as the ability for people to expire/inherit accounts. OT doesn't have true corporate ownership of funds (yet) but the owner Nym is now able to pay dividends to stockholders, which is a good first step. I am also looking at key-splitting and multi-factor authentication, but those things will probably not be inside the OT library proper, but rather, a potential commercial client. (Everything in its place.)

-Fellow Traveler

co-founder, Monetas
creator, Open-Transactions
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: