Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:40:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 1240 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CCminer(SP-MOD) Modded GPU kernels.  (Read 2347498 times)
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 10:41:48 PM

NVIDIA domination:

The people who are running ccminer/2014.06.15 could get a 40% boost if they switch to 1.5.30-git(SP-MOD). I guess someone has rented some tesla hashpower, and they are not smart enough to compile my fork for compute 3.0, 3.5.

lol, if you still expecting crypto people to be smart...

some of us actually are djm ... quite intelligent actually - with high IQ's ... Wink

the majority are just not coders ...

a lot out there dont know how to do a LOT ... but thats kool ... thats why there is a lot of help on the forums and internet in general ...

i know you ( and most of the devs ) have helped a huge amount ...

#crysx

"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 10:47:06 PM

First, I run two nearly identical Linux rigs, same MB,OS, different CPUS, slightly different cards.  Six cards per rig, the fast, reliable rig has 6x EVGA FTW 750ti cards, the slower rig has 6x EVGA SC 750ti cards.  The 750ti SC cards have no 6-pin PCI connector, and these cards run on a MB with a 2-core Sempron 145 (unlocked).

swap 3 of the cards with a 6 pin power connector to the slow rig. Some motherboards doesn't work if you have 6 cards without powered raisers. How many watt is the PSU. and is it gold rated?

All my cards have powered USB 3 risers, connected to the PSU.  None draw power from the MB directly on either rig.  The slow rig has a 600w bronze PSU, the fast one has a 750W bronze PSU.  Neither draws 500w at the wall.

I am thinking that I might lower the stock intensity.  It is a simple setting.  What are your current stock intensities for x11/x13/x14/x15/quark?       --scryptr

all my rigs are similar scryptr ...

all have powered usb3 risers and all run bronze or gold psu's ...

i still think this could be a compilation issue ...

but if you have already tried that - then it could be any number of things including a faulty card that is killing the others / system as sp mentioned earlier ...

start it off without ANY oc - all stock and see what happens to it ... if it still crashes after you have locally compiled the miner AND stocked all the clocks - then a hardware issue may be the answer ...

#crysx

scryptr
Legendary

Activity: 1793
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 11:54:08 PM

First, I run two nearly identical Linux rigs, same MB,OS, different CPUS, slightly different cards.  Six cards per rig, the fast, reliable rig has 6x EVGA FTW 750ti cards, the slower rig has 6x EVGA SC 750ti cards.  The 750ti SC cards have no 6-pin PCI connector, and these cards run on a MB with a 2-core Sempron 145 (unlocked).

swap 3 of the cards with a 6 pin power connector to the slow rig. Some motherboards doesn't work if you have 6 cards without powered raisers. How many watt is the PSU. and is it gold rated?

All my cards have powered USB 3 risers, connected to the PSU.  None draw power from the MB directly on either rig.  The slow rig has a 600w bronze PSU, the fast one has a 750W bronze PSU.  Neither draws 500w at the wall.

I am thinking that I might lower the stock intensity.  It is a simple setting.  What are your current stock intensities for x11/x13/x14/x15/quark?       --scryptr

but if you have already tried that - then it could be any number of things including a faulty card that is killing the others / system as sp mentioned earlier ...

start it off without ANY oc - all stock and see what happens to it ... if it still crashes after you have locally compiled the miner AND stocked all the clocks - then a hardware issue may be the answer ...

#crysx

crysx--

I tried v31, my fast rig is again stable, my slow rig crashes after 100-200 accepts.  I lowered the intensity to 18 (and lost 1mh/s performance!) and it was the same thing... crash.   I run stock clocks, period.

Both rigs are headless.  I plugged into the slow rig and booted normally, and noticed some error messages about nvidia driver 346.35.  It was released on 17 JAN 15, yesterday.  I think that I will have to purge the drivers and then re-install.  For Linux, v346.35 is a long-term release, no longer a beta, as 346.22 was.  I may burn the whole OS and move to 14.10, which is now supported by 346.35.      --scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
          GITHUB: "github.com/scryptr"  MERIT is appreciated, also.  Thanks!
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2015, 05:03:27 AM

#crysx

crysx--

I tried v31, my fast rig is again stable, my slow rig crashes after 100-200 accepts.  I lowered the intensity to 18 (and lost 1mh/s performance!) and it was the same thing... crash.   I run stock clocks, period.

Both rigs are headless.  I plugged into the slow rig and booted normally, and noticed some error messages about nvidia driver 346.35.  It was released on 17 JAN 15, yesterday.  I think that I will have to purge the drivers and then re-install.  For Linux, v346.35 is a long-term release, no longer a beta, as 346.22 was.  I may burn the whole OS and move to 14.10, which is now supported by 346.35.      --scryptr

which os do you use?

#crysx

Dotcommie

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 07:43:06 AM

#crysx

crysx--

How long are your USB 3 cables for the risers?  Are any making sharp bends or twisting unnecessarily? 

I ordered 6 risers which were supposed to have 30cm cables but they came with about 60cm ones and I constantly had problems until I adjusted the usb connectors to fit more snug in the pci extension and smoothly routed the cables far away from each other straight out from the card and around the plastic crate I had them in.  The quality of most of the cables in kits is questionable and I don't think the longer ones can take the interference or cross-talk if they're bundled to close to each other or routed near high heat components.  I never really did figure out which one it was, but once I got them zip-tied to the crate holding them in a place they all worked, it stayed working well unless I did a major overhaul in the config.  I run windows and it was usually easy to tell what happened because a card would show up as 0 on the overclocks and the overboost wouldnt' be showing in Precision x anymore.

Never really had problems with my cables that were about 8" or however many cm that is.
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2015, 08:06:15 AM

#crysx

crysx--

How long are your USB 3 cables for the risers?  Are any making sharp bends or twisting unnecessarily? 

I ordered 6 risers which were supposed to have 30cm cables but they came with about 60cm ones and I constantly had problems until I adjusted the usb connectors to fit more snug in the pci extension and smoothly routed the cables far away from each other straight out from the card and around the plastic crate I had them in.  The quality of most of the cables in kits is questionable and I don't think the longer ones can take the interference or cross-talk if they're bundled to close to each other or routed near high heat components.  I never really did figure out which one it was, but once I got them zip-tied to the crate holding them in a place they all worked, it stayed working well unless I did a major overhaul in the config.  I run windows and it was usually easy to tell what happened because a card would show up as 0 on the overclocks and the overboost wouldnt' be showing in Precision x anymore.

Never really had problems with my cables that were about 8" or however many cm that is.

ive never really had issues like that before in the farm ...

faulty ones that didnt work - yes ... but length - well all of them are 30cm long and they all are bundled together running along the same route ... so interference could be a factor - but mine seem to have no issue with that ...

strange how yours had those issues ... maybe its the quality as you have suggested ...

#crysx

tbearhere
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 03:55:02 PM

#crysx

crysx--

Don't forget to get these usb hold down clips...they work great...no more loose cables.  Wink
http://www.miningcryptocurrency.com.au/store/p4/RiserSafe_By_the_Inventor_Patent_%28Pending%29.html
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2015, 04:15:32 PM

Don't forget to get these usb hold down clips...they work great...no more loose cables.  Wink
http://www.miningcryptocurrency.com.au/store/p4/RiserSafe_By_the_Inventor_Patent_%28Pending%29.html
that looks interesting...

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
frazier34567

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 06:33:12 PM

NVIDIA domination:

The people who are running ccminer/2014.06.15 could get a 40% boost if they switch to 1.5.30-git(SP-MOD). I guess someone has rented some tesla hashpower, and they are not smart enough to compile my fork for compute 3.0, 3.5.

Actually it is people on Windows XP 32 bit systems that cannot use the newer versions.  And with the price so low why would they spend the time? 
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1087

Team Black developer

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 06:53:28 PM

Botnets? TSIV's cryptonite miner is already flagged as a virus on many antivirus programs.

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
frazier34567

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 08:07:58 PM

Could be botnets, but they would have to know they are running nvidia GPUs.  I know I have one only windows XP unit running a 750 ti.  I have no Linux experience and because it is 32 bit, it can not run most plug and play options. So I run it on the last known good version of ccminer I could find. 2014.6.15
jpouza
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1109

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 08:10:00 PM

Botnets? TSIV's cryptonite miner is already flagged as a virus on many antivirus programs.

Talking about tsiv's miners...what hashs do you think the 980 and 970* GTX can get with your improved SpreadX11 miner?

imag

*just replaced my dead 750Ti.

Cheers
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2015, 08:17:18 PM

some progress on neoscrypt:
750ti: 81kh/s 110kh/s 107kh/s
780ti: 165kh/s 182kh/s 193kh/s
980:   290kh/s 299kh/s 335kh/s
(still doesn't scale right   Huh)

Let me know when the 980 hits 600kh/s.  Grin
done  Grin 630kh/s

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
go6ooo1212
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

quarkchain.io

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 08:29:48 PM

@SP_
have issues with r.31 on qubit, cant accept share. with 750ti and 970 , driver 347.09...
go6ooo1212
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

quarkchain.io

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 08:30:27 PM

some progress on neoscrypt:
750ti: 81kh/s 110kh/s 107kh/s
780ti: 165kh/s 182kh/s 193kh/s
980:   290kh/s 299kh/s 335kh/s
(still doesn't scale right   Huh)

Let me know when the 980 hits 600kh/s.  Grin
done  Grin 630kh/s

nice , man , you rock... Smiley
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2015, 10:52:04 PM

#crysx

crysx--

Don't forget to get these usb hold down clips...they work great...no more loose cables.  Wink

i know the guy that invented those clips ... he is one brilliant guy ... really nice too and doesnt live very far away from me ...

i have use some of those clips i got from him ... they work very well ...

#crysx

hefty

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 06:27:23 AM

Hi guys, i need help i have driver crashing every hour or two, with all editions since 1.5.24 to realase 31 by sp of ccminer i mine with last drivers 347.09 on win 8.1 with 970gtx gpus, cards are not overclocked and driver is not crashing in games or any other app just with ccminer mining mjollnir algo.

sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1087

Team Black developer

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 07:25:29 AM

I have solved a bug wich causes the cpu to use alot of cpu. Now x11 is hashing with 0-1% cpu usage. Fixed in the unpublished spreadcoin fork for now, but will submitt to github later. Less CPU-> less energy and more stable hashrates.
A noticable difference when using the computer while mining.

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
jpouza
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1109

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 07:39:32 AM

I have solved a bug wich causes the cpu to use alot of cpu. Now x11 is hashing with 0-1% cpu usage. Fixed in the unpublished spreadcoin fork for now, but will submitt to github later. Less CPU-> less energy and more stable hashrates.

Hi sp_.

We need the spreadx11 opt. miner asap, dif. is skyrocketing...

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2015, 07:54:22 AM

awesome ...

let us know when that will be published and will compile and test right away ...

#crysx

Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 1240 »
  Print  

Jump to: