Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 05:51:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 [320] 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 ... 1240 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CCminer(SP-MOD) Modded GPU kernels.  (Read 2347501 times)
scryptr
Legendary

Activity: 1796
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 05:57:17 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2015, 06:42:51 PM by scryptr

BIG SNIP--

@ T-nelson-- I did see TheWolf's post about the console at launch posting very little info and no hashing reports until a block was found.  That is discouraging, because I may have been actually solo-mining "in the dark".  The wallet needs to be looked at by the right people.

@DJM34-- I am pretty sure that I used the NeoScrypt CCminer that you linked up for the NeoScrypt contributors.  I put the Lyra2v2 in a separate directory.

--scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
          GITHUB: "github.com/scryptr"  MERIT is appreciated, also.  Thanks!
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 10:48:44 PM

BIG SNIP--

@ T-nelson-- I did see TheWolf's post about the console at launch posting very little info and no hashing reports until a block was found.  That is discouraging, because I may have been actually solo-mining "in the dark".  The wallet needs to be looked at by the right people.

@DJM34-- I am pretty sure that I used the NeoScrypt CCminer that you linked up for the NeoScrypt contributors.  I put the Lyra2v2 in a separate directory.

--scryptr
then in that case use "--no-gbt" in the command line

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 12:53:16 AM

I'm not sure it matters how many ways to donate we have. Miners seem to be way better at complaining than donating.  I had my all of my GPUs pointed at broken soloing for nearly a week and have only received two donations (thanks again myagui and zTheWolfz!) since the fix went in.  That's despite there being at least a half dozen people on here complaining about the issue.  It really makes me wonder whether my time would be better spent fixing ccminer or teaming up with some of the kernel guys and doing something closed from scratch...

I did mention no one uses pool mining except for giant farms and they're unlikely to actually donate as they probably have their own devs they employ.

I also said that the miner would be better off with a miner fee split among developers or a company which could manage such things.

I will also, also point out the people who were complaining were mainly other devs.

Honestly I really don't understand this. It's like developers like putting themselves in the corner and then complaining about miners too. What's wrong with a mining fee? We've went over this multiple times. You could easily get paid for your work. You could even make it optional to test it out or a release candidate with miner improvements and a fee to see how it turns out.

It's already been done successfully with Claymore.
you sound like a broken record bensam...

Sorry crowdfunding wrecks private miners.

Nicehash lyrav2 currently paying     2.6896btc ..Dropped to 0.50
Up to 0.9296 now..

https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=miners&a=14&l=0

The top miner just switched from mining quark to lyra2v2 5,4 gigash all NVIDIA. I wonder if he is using the DJM-34 version or the sp-mod.

This farm is making 3.274 BTC a day on this adress..
Pretty good..
No donations to the developers.
If you release your faster lyra2v2 kernal djm34, he will upgrade and the profit will go away.

Massive hashrate...

equal to around 1300 750ti's @ 40watt (52,000 watt)

But I think this company has some older compute cards. So the power usage is probobly twice as much as the competition. And all the rigs are linux based.

Yeah, too bad there isn't a 2% miner fee attached to that... XD

Curiously why do so many devs hate the idea of a miner fee? I don't understand. No one has made a rational argument against it yet. Even Wolf (of all people) eventually agreed with me in this thread that it was a good idea. It supports the developers, it scales with hashing power, and it's something small miners can handle.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
zTheWolfz

Activity: 231
Merit: 150

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 12:55:58 AM
Last edit: September 28, 2015, 04:53:45 AM by zTheWolfz

BIG SNIP--

@ T-nelson-- I did see TheWolf's post about the console at launch posting very little info and no hashing reports until a block was found.  That is discouraging, because I may have been actually solo-mining "in the dark".  The wallet needs to be looked at by the right people.

@DJM34-- I am pretty sure that I used the NeoScrypt CCminer that you linked up for the NeoScrypt contributors.  I put the Lyra2v2 in a separate directory.

--scryptr
Actually my post about that was for the earlier versions r55 and lower. No console output until it finds a block.
You can also tell if it is actually working by the video card temperature. Idle temp. its not doing any work, if its heating
up its doing work and should find a block. As for time that all depends on the hashrate and diff. as to how long that might take.
Don't know about the newer fixed version since I don't have a working copy yet. Waiting on r70 so I can test the --broken-neo-wallet
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2015, 12:58:15 AM

Up to 0.9296 now..

The top miner just switched from mining quark to lyra2v2 5,4 gigash all NVIDIA. I wonder if he is using the DJM-34 version or the sp-mod.

Pretty good..
If you release your faster lyra2v2 kernal djm34, he will upgrade and the profit will go away.

Massive hashrate...

But I think this company has some older compute cards. So the power usage is probobly twice as much as the competition. And all the rigs are linux based.

they soon will be history if i get my way with thefarm ...

and im on the devs side Wink ...

so no need to worry if these greedy people dont donate ...

just need to get the infrastructure right - and functional ... working hard to do so ... a little way off before it gets to that level of hashrate - but better slow progress than never ...

besides - who cares what they do ... concern yourself with those that DO ... like us supporters here ...

i know you are showing proof of the point you were making sp - but we here that DO support you devs ARE the ones that need to be looked after ...

#crysx

scryptr
Legendary

Activity: 1796
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2015, 03:56:43 AM
Last edit: September 28, 2015, 04:39:53 AM by scryptr

SOLO-MINE GRANITECOIN (GRN)--

I have been experimenting with solo-mining while using sp_'s modified and enhanced kernels.  After successfully solo-mining Ether Coin (ETH) with a cuda-modded ethminer from Genoil, I began using sp_'s CCminer and learning to configure it for solo-mining .  I have since mined SecureCoin (SRC, Quark algo), and VertCoin (VTC, Lyra2v2 algo), and I am still determined to tackle NeoScrypt algo coins.

In the meantime, I successfully have begun mining GraniteCoin.  GraniteCoin uses the x11 algo.  It is also a project headed by a frequent contributor to this thread, Chrysophylax.

It was very easy to set up and solo-mine this coin.  My wallet, GraniteCoin wallet v1.0.1.0 Release-final, was obtained from the website, "www.granitecoin.com".  I am running Win 7 x64, I ran the QT installation executable, and the wallet synched up with the network fairly quickly.  During that time, I wrote a configuration file:

=================cut line=================

server=1
daemon=1
rpcuser=yourname
rpcpassword=x
rpcport=21778
port=21777
rcpallowip=127.0.0.1
rcpallowip=192.168.1.111
rpcallowip=192.168.1.112
rpcallowip=192.168.1.113
rpcallowip=192.168.1.114
rpcallowip=192.168.1.115

where "192.168.1.111" is the LAN IP address of the Win 7 server with the wallet.  The other addresses are the LAN IP addresses of computers within the LAN capable of mining with cpuminer-multi (tpruvot), or sp_'s CCminer release dot 69.  I specified each individual address after receiving errors in earlier attempts while using wild cards (192.168.1.*).  Further, the GraniteCoin wallet would only let the local GTX 960 connect by the localhost address, "127.0.0.1".  The configuration file goes in the directory "...AppData/Roaming/granitecoin" under the login-user name.  It is named granitecoin.conf by default.

My Win 7 launch bat is named run-cc.bat, and written like this:

:loop

c:\mine\ccminer.exe -c solo-grn.conf

pause
goto loop

as I have several configuration files, very similar, allowing me to switch between pools and wallets easily by only typing in the name with notepad.

My solo-grn.conf file, on Win 7, reads like this:

{
   "url" : "127.0.0.1:21778",
   "user" : "yourname",
   "pass" : "x",
   "algo" : "x11",
   "intensity" : 20.5,
   "cpu-mining" : 1,
   "cpu-priority" : 5,

"quiet" : false,
   "debug" : false
}

My Linux launch line, on the IP addresses across the LAN, reads like this:

./ccminer -a x11 -i 20.5 -C --cpu-priority 5 -o http://192.168.1.111:21778 -u yourname -p x

It just works.  Simple, solid....  

GraniteCoin wallet with first three 100-coin blocks.

--scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
          GITHUB: "github.com/scryptr"  MERIT is appreciated, also.  Thanks!
zTheWolfz

Activity: 231
Merit: 150

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 05:06:17 AM

-scryptr perhaps give it a test like this rpcallowip=192.168.*.* it might help you.
in the miner config file. This worked for me across four different routers I have inline.
All my main stuff is out in the shop "out back of the house" but I have also mined from
3 or 4 laptops inside my house while rigs mined in the shop. I have 3 wireless routers 1 main router plus cable modem.
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 06:07:06 AM
Last edit: September 28, 2015, 11:32:31 AM by bathrobehero

-scryptr perhaps give it a test like this rpcallowip=192.168.*.* it might help you.
in the miner config file. This worked for me across four different routers I have inline.
All my main stuff is out in the shop "out back of the house" but I have also mined from
3 or 4 laptops inside my house while rigs mined in the shop. I have 3 wireless routers 1 main router plus cable modem.

It's worth nothing that some coin wallets doesn't allow the use of asterisks with rpcallowip in the config file and refuse to start with it.

Edit:

Not your keys, not your coins!
theotherme

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 07:13:00 AM

I'm not sure it matters how many ways to donate we have. Miners seem to be way better at complaining than donating.  I had my all of my GPUs pointed at broken soloing for nearly a week and have only received two donations (thanks again myagui and zTheWolfz!) since the fix went in.  That's despite there being at least a half dozen people on here complaining about the issue.  It really makes me wonder whether my time would be better spent fixing ccminer or teaming up with some of the kernel guys and doing something closed from scratch...

I did mention no one uses pool mining except for giant farms and they're unlikely to actually donate as they probably have their own devs they employ.

I also said that the miner would be better off with a miner fee split among developers or a company which could manage such things.

I will also, also point out the people who were complaining were mainly other devs.

Honestly I really don't understand this. It's like developers like putting themselves in the corner and then complaining about miners too. What's wrong with a mining fee? We've went over this multiple times. You could easily get paid for your work. You could even make it optional to test it out or a release candidate with miner improvements and a fee to see how it turns out.

Up to 0.9296 now..

Pretty good..

Massive hashrate...

Curiously why do so many devs hate the idea of a miner fee? I don't understand. No one has made a rational argument against it yet. Even Wolf (of all people) eventually agreed with me in this thread that it was a good idea. It supports the developers, it scales with hashing power, and it's something small miners can handle.
zzzzzzz again ?
shall we point you to the numerous answer many of us have already answered that question ?
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2015, 07:18:36 AM

SOLO-MINE GRANITECOIN (GRN)--

I have been experimenting with solo-mining while using sp_'s modified and enhanced kernels.  After successfully solo-mining Ether Coin (ETH) with a cuda-modded ethminer from Genoil, I began using sp_'s CCminer and learning to configure it for solo-mining .  I have since mined SecureCoin (SRC, Quark algo), and VertCoin (VTC, Lyra2v2 algo), and I am still determined to tackle NeoScrypt algo coins.

In the meantime, I successfully have begun mining GraniteCoin.  GraniteCoin uses the x11 algo.  It is also a project headed by a frequent contributor to this thread, Chrysophylax.

It was very easy to set up and solo-mine this coin.  My wallet, GraniteCoin wallet v1.0.1.0 Release-final, was obtained from the website, "www.granitecoin.com".  I am running Win 7 x64, I ran the QT installation executable, and the wallet synched up with the network fairly quickly.  During that time, I wrote a configuration file:

server=1
daemon=1
rpcuser=yourname
rpcpassword=x
rpcport=21778
port=21777
rcpallowip=127.0.0.1
rcpallowip=192.168.1.111
rpcallowip=192.168.1.112
rpcallowip=192.168.1.113
rpcallowip=192.168.1.114
rpcallowip=192.168.1.115

where "192.168.1.111" is the LAN IP address of the Win 7 server with the wallet.  The other addresses are the LAN IP addresses of computers within the LAN capable of mining with cpuminer-multi (tpruvot), or sp_'s CCminer release dot 69.  I specified each individual address after receiving errors in earlier attempts while using wild cards (192.168.1.*).  Further, the GraniteCoin wallet would only let the local GTX 960 connect by the localhost address, "127.0.0.1".  The configuration file goes in the directory "...AppData/Roaming/granitecoin" under the login-user name.  It is named granitecoin.conf by default.

My Win 7 launch bat is named run-cc.bat, and written like this:

:loop

c:\mine\ccminer.exe -c solo-grn.conf

pause
goto loop

as I have several configuration files, very similar, allowing me to switch between pools and wallets easily by only typing in the name with notepad.

My solo-grn.conf file, on Win 7, reads like this:

{
   "url" : "127.0.0.1:21778",
   "user" : "yourname",
   "pass" : "x",
   "algo" : "x11",
   "intensity" : 20.5,
   "cpu-mining" : 1,
   "cpu-priority" : 5,

"quiet" : false,
   "debug" : false
}

My Linux launch line, on the IP addresses across the LAN, reads like this:

./ccminer -a x11 -i 20.5 -C --cpu-priority 5 -o http://192.168.1.111:21778 -u yourname -p x

It just works.  Simple, solid....  

GraniteCoin wallet with first three 100-coin blocks.

--scryptr

wow ... thats quite in depth scryptr ... tanx much ...

the work that has been put into the back end is huge - i dont say too much about it ( only that there has been a lot of work been put in ) - but even i didnt contemplate in putting a small guide like this together ... this really is simple - and the mining really is solid - and the network stable ...

i have never seen anyone put a small how to - to solomine granite like this ( no longer granitecoin - even though granitecoin domain will be changed - and the code will be changed to reflect that in future revisions ) ... you mind if i copy and add to it? ...

it also looks like there is one more bonus block coming of 100000grn - right before the halving to 50grn a block ... i need to verify this - but the code shows that this will happen soon ...

pm me your address mate - send some as a tanx to you ... irc also just had a bot installed to rain coins also ... im still getting used to it Wink ...

also - if you have compiled ( or even downloaded ccminer-spmod ) the miner can reach higher intensity on the gigabyte 750ti oc cards - up to -X 28 ( or -i 22 i think ) ...

ill definitely look into the wildcard issue and the network solo issue on the next revision ... if you could list the issues you are having with the wallet solo - ill attend to them as soon as possible ...

we are testing the new grn forum also - and will release that shortly when we have tested as thoroughly as we can ... for now - if you would like to see the test forum and register while changes are still going - its under granitecoin.com/forum ( which will change to grn-forum.granitecoin.com when its fully functional ) ...

let us know what you think ...

tanx again for the very specific info - it helps a great deal ...

#crysx

bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 07:19:35 AM
Last edit: September 28, 2015, 07:56:44 AM by bensam1231

I'm not sure it matters how many ways to donate we have. Miners seem to be way better at complaining than donating.  I had my all of my GPUs pointed at broken soloing for nearly a week and have only received two donations (thanks again myagui and zTheWolfz!) since the fix went in.  That's despite there being at least a half dozen people on here complaining about the issue.  It really makes me wonder whether my time would be better spent fixing ccminer or teaming up with some of the kernel guys and doing something closed from scratch...

Up to 0.9296 now..

Pretty good..

Massive hashrate...

zzzzzzz again ?
shall we point you to the numerous answer many of us have already answered that question ?

Sure, in light of you not providing one. zzzz...

BTW the SP miner is still getting 10% less hash rate compared to DJM's original release. The power fluctuates a lot on the SP version compared to the DJM version.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2015, 07:21:48 AM

thats quite interesting ...

so the last two address points can work with it - but not a wildcard 'just' on the last one ...

have you tried this with granite thewolf - or with other coins? ...

#crysx

sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1087

Team Black developer

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 08:22:27 AM

BTW the SP miner is still getting 10% less hash rate compared to DJM's original release. The power fluctuates a lot on the SP version compared to the DJM version.

Wich card models? Wich operating system? I get 5-10% more hash on my rigs...

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
rednoW
Legendary

Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 08:35:22 AM

I've got 4200kh/s with djm's ccminer lyra and your release 60.

But only 3740 with your r68 and r69 (((

gtx 750 1gb 1500/1600
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 08:38:07 AM

I've got 4200kh/s with djm's ccminer lyra and your release 60.
But only 3740 with your r68 and r69 (((
gtx 750 1gb 1500/1600

That is because the launch config is wrong for the 750. Check the lyra2REv2 file and adjust the TPB and the intensity.

Code:
	else if (strstr(props.name, "750"))
{
intensity = 256 * 256 * 5;
tpb = 7;
}

TPB should be changed to something else. start with 1 recompile test, then 2, then 3 then....
256 * 256 * 5 is the same as -X 5

run with -X 1, -X 2, -X 3 etc.. until you find the optimal solution.

lyra2v2 is a semi memory algorithm. You need to find the optimal configuration for your card just like in scrypt mining.

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
rednoW
Legendary

Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 08:42:36 AM

That is because the launch config is wrong for the 750. Check the lyra2v2 file and adjust the TPB and the intensity.

Code:
{
tpb = 7;
}

As far as I understand I can change intensity with - i parameter without recompile. But it doesn't help, I tried.
What is tpb? Can I change it without recompile?
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 08:43:29 AM
Last edit: September 28, 2015, 09:12:29 AM by sp_

That is because the launch config is wrong for the 750. Check the lyra2v2 file and adjust the TPB and the intensity.
Code:
{
tpb = 7;
}
As far as I understand I can change intensity with - i parameter without recompile. But it doesn't help, I tried.
What is tpb? Can I change it without recompile?

Threads per block. You need to recompile for each time you change it, but a change of values will speedup alot. See my edited post above...

When you find the optimal values for your card, please post it and I will change it as the default setting..
The 750ti, and the 970 settings should be pretty good. (5-10% faster than DJM's version on the maxwell)
The other models probobly need a different launch config. I haven't done it yet because lyra2v2 hasn't been profitable.

And another thing....
My modded kernal is slower on linux and on older cards.

(compute 3.0/3.5 Might not work).

serg_25

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 09:15:18 AM

Maybe somebody can explain me how this can be.
Currently nicehash have this speed for lyra2rev2: Lyra2REv2   13.4005 GH/s
but vertcoin network has only: 11.45 GH/s right now.

Seems like exist other profitable altcoin with lyra2rev2 algo?
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 09:22:06 AM

Maybe somebody can explain me how this can be.
Currently nicehash have this speed for lyra2rev2: Lyra2REv2   13.4005 GH/s
but vertcoin network has only: 11.45 GH/s right now.

I know that lyrabar is planning an algo fork. They are non answering their own post on btc, nor updating the github so I have no more info than that.
Then there is monacoin. And this one:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1180005.0

So a couple chinese coin can be enough to bring that demand ;-)

sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 09:23:32 AM

Or it could be the bitcoin testnet wich is testing a new POW algorithm for the new fork of the bitcoin blockchain.  Grin

Pages: « 1 ... 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 [320] 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 ... 1240 »
  Print  

Jump to: