Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 08:04:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 [325] 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 ... 1240 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CCminer(SP-MOD) Modded GPU kernels.  (Read 2347502 times)
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 01:08:00 PM

Now that Tesla Powerwall is available (for some countries it will be in some months), a little solar plant for mining may be feasible (and profitable in the long term).
Specially if you can apply for some government incentives.

I guess it's nice but I don't see it offering anything extra for miners. I mean the main purpose of it is to be an uninterruptible power supply and so it's only as valuable to miners as the solar panels you're connecting to it.
Without any numbers to back it up I'd guess it's more profitable to buy more hardware than spending money on solar panels, unless your electricity is very expensive.

Not your keys, not your coins!
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 01:22:35 PM

Now that Tesla Powerwall is available (for some countries it will be in some months), a little solar plant for mining may be feasible (and profitable in the long term).

I guess it's nice but I don't see it offering anything extra for miners. I mean the main purpose of it is to be an uninterruptible power supply and so it's only as valuable to miners as the solar panels you're connecting to it.
Without any numbers to back it up I'd guess it's more profitable to buy more hardware than spending money on solar panels, unless your electricity is very expensive.

... and is getting even more expensive in the future :-(
Also, the purpose would be to avoid selling power to the grid for a very low price, when producing in excess.

impulse2000

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 02:41:50 PM

GTX750Ti + Lyra2REv2 + R69 = 5200kH/s
https://i.imgur.com/4AppIbQ.gif

PS. Maybe some advice?
bathrobehero
Legendary

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 03:27:06 PM

Also, the purpose would be to avoid selling power to the grid for a very low price, when producing in excess.

What I mean is that if your only goal is profit, I think just buying more hardware and putting them to work on utility has better ROI than investing into solar (more cards with less profit per card > fewer cards with solar infrastructure)
IF we assume the profitability of mining stays relatively the same so solar is less risky in that regard. Where I live the sun shines about 2100 hours a year and even then it would take quite a few years before I would reach ROI as it is so expensive.
With mining I'm well below a year with $0.14/kWh.

bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 03:34:24 PM

What I mean is that if your only goal is profit, I think just buying more hardware and putting them to work on utility has better ROI than investing into solar (more cards with less profit per card > fewer cards with solar infrastructure)
IF we assume the profitability of mining stays relatively the same so solar is less risky in that regard. Where I live the sun shines about 2100 hours a year and even then it would take quite a few years before I would reach ROI as it is so expensive.

You're using private miners normally?

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
bathrobehero
Legendary

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 03:47:21 PM

You're using private miners normally?

No, but I would if they were more profitable and advertised.

MaxDZ8

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 04:21:43 PM

I don't know what numbers you're running, what you guys are stating makes no sense to me.
Do anyone of you even touched a solar panel IRL? Seen one? Bought one?
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2015, 04:54:21 PM

I don't know what numbers you're running, what you guys are stating makes no sense to me.
Grin

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
bathrobehero
Legendary

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 05:55:20 PM

I'm not sure how touching one would enlighten me about the numbers behind buying one but whatever.

In central EU it would cost me about $7200 to have a decent (5kw) unit that would provide me with 630 watts 0-24h on average.
Using 630 watts 0-24h with $0.14/kWh costs $760 a year so that's over 9 years before reaching ROI.
So yeah, you might be able to get your hands on some super cheap solar panels+inverter+batteries but I'd much rather pay the $0.14 with a grin on my face and spend that $7k on more hardware.

pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 07:34:14 PM

Of course! I have some. Best investment I ever made.

bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 10:32:37 PM

I'm not sure how touching one would enlighten me about the numbers behind buying one but whatever.

In central EU it would cost me about $7200 to have a decent (5kw) unit that would provide me with 630 watts 0-24h on average.
Using 630 watts 0-24h with $0.14/kWh costs $760 a year so that's over 9 years before reaching ROI.
So yeah, you might be able to get your hands on some super cheap solar panels+inverter+batteries but I'd much rather pay the $0.14 with a grin on my face and spend that $7k on more hardware.

Yeah, depending on where you live, there are some pretty serious subsidies as far as renewables go.

But that's a completely different topic. You're essentially buying a solar panel to deal with the power grid, not mining. It wont make power any cheaper for you as selling it back to the grid earns you money too (sometimes more then the cost of the power normally). I guess it really depends on how much power costs are for you normally. If you're over 50% of your mining revenue in power, it'll probably be better for you. But if you're at something like 30%, it's not going to matter.

ROI takes a really long time. However, you'll probably never need to get rid of solar because the price of BTC crashes, so it's a much, much, much safer investment. I don't think people really understand how risky crypto mining is. Mining with AMD hardware was literally destroyed for the average joe by a couple developers that got greedy. Like an entire generation of miners were wiped off the map due to a couple private kernels. I really don't think a lot of people understand that... Literally the ASICs of the GPU market. That could still also happen with Nvidia (which is why I push a miner fee so hard).

djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2015, 12:07:41 AM
Last edit: October 01, 2015, 12:21:40 AM by djm34

ROI takes a really long time. However, you'll probably never need to get rid of solar because the price of BTC crashes, so it's a much, much, much safer investment. I don't think people really understand how risky crypto mining is. Mining with AMD hardware was literally destroyed for the average joe by a couple developers that got greedy. Like an entire generation of miners were wiped off the map due to a couple private kernels.
again ? I understand you don't like devs making profit (or more than you... don't know...)
But at some point you should stop blaming us and blame yourself (you and the other miners):
 * For wanting faster miner than anyone else (yeah it's human, but nobody force anyone to buy faster miners... so if there is a demand, price increase... that's business, I thought you would at least understand that, since you are in altcoin which is mostly about buying and selling stuff  Grin
 * For not being able to hold their coin and dump like crazy no matter how unprofitable it is for them and any one else (dev included)
I am sorry but each time coins are being dumped, it is because of greedy miner who don't feel like holding a little more... so yes, blame yourself first.

Don't you feel like biting constantly the hand that feed you ?
In that condition, why any dev would help you making money for free
and again developing takes times it is then normal that we get something for our work and when the majority feels like not giving anything, we might turns to those who are ready to give... (again your fault and no we are not greedy, we just want a fair retribution for our work and there is nothing wrong in helping people who help us)

Blaming other is always easy with you, but at some point you should try to do some auto-critics...

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
theotherme

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 07:20:44 AM

ROI takes a really long time. However, you'll probably never need to get rid of solar because the price of BTC crashes, so it's a much, much, much safer investment. I don't think people really understand how risky crypto mining is. Mining with AMD hardware was literally destroyed for the average joe by a couple developers that got greedy. Like an entire generation of miners were wiped off the map due to a couple private kernels.
again ? I understand you don't like devs making profit (or more than you... don't know...)
But at some point you should stop blaming us and blame yourself (you and the other miners):
 * For wanting faster miner than anyone else (yeah it's human, but nobody force anyone to buy faster miners... so if there is a demand, price increase... that's business, I thought you would at least understand that, since you are in altcoin which is mostly about buying and selling stuff  Grin
 * For not being able to hold their coin and dump like crazy no matter how unprofitable it is for them and any one else (dev included)
I am sorry but each time coins are being dumped, it is because of greedy miner who don't feel like holding a little more... so yes, blame yourself first.

and again developing takes times it is then normal that we get something for our work and when the majority feels like not giving anything, we might turns to those who are ready to give... (again your fault and no we are not greedy, we just want a fair retribution for our work and there is nothing wrong in helping people who help us)

Blaming other is always easy with you, but at some point you should try to do some auto-critics...

I agree entirely with this fantastic developpers and I am sending right away 10btc  Grin Grin
bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 07:43:49 AM
Last edit: October 01, 2015, 07:54:16 AM by bensam1231

You don't feed me dude. That's what the money is for. That's why I keep saying to add a dev fee. It goes the opposite direction. Or is the whole reason you guys are so afraid of a equal sharing crowd funding program because you then wouldn't be able to pretend you're somehow helping people by making private miners and distributing them to the top 3% of miners who can afford them?

Here Ill put it in bold because your eyes always seem to gloss over when I mentioned it: MINER FEE.

Do I need to commission someone to add a optional miner fee to CCminer? Literally paying someone to have you guys take my money? (Funny this almost sounds the complete opposite of what you were arguing) I can't afford to buy a 5-6 BTC miner as I'm a small miner especially after my initial investment with AMD was lost due to the aforementioned bullshit that was traded under the tables, but if you use a fee, we all chip in and make it work. It's proportional and you'll make a hell of a lot more then trading to a handful of people that make more money then you'll ever see.

Here lets add a bit more, has anyone asked Claymore how well he did with his Cryptonote miner? A shining example of how well this works.

You don't even advertise your private miners or their cost. I've purchased every private miner I've heard of that was lucrative so far and I could afford. You wont even give me a offer because you don't like me. Just shows how corrupt and fucked up your logic is.

pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 07:50:28 AM

again and again...

developers of amd miners, many months ago, went to sell private miners because nobody was supporting their work.
some is supporting now, but it's still a drop in the ocean.
if you make a program and you can get 0.05 BTC or 5 BTC, what you'd choose?

miner with fee: if you opensource it, someone will remove the fee and everybody will use his version. it has happened with non-opensource miners as well.

Claymore: he is either using opensource software (which is breaking the license) or he's got a lot lot lot of time to redevelop the stratum client, the nonce generation, the gpu interface, etc. etc. I for sure do not want to break any license nor have enough time to do all the miner from scratch.

bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 08:00:38 AM

again and again...

developers of amd miners, many months ago, went to sell private miners because nobody was supporting their work.
some is supporting now, but it's still a drop in the ocean.
if you make a program and you can get 0.05 BTC or 5 BTC, what you'd choose?

miner with fee: if you opensource it, someone will remove the fee and everybody will use his version. it has happened with non-opensource miners as well.

Claymore: he is either using opensource software (which is breaking the license) or he's got a lot lot lot of time to redevelop the stratum client, the nonce generation, the gpu interface, etc. etc. I for sure do not want to break any license nor have enough time to do all the miner from scratch.

To be perfectly honest dude, no one is going to take someone else to court over the licenses in our small little mining world. As I mentioned before, a fee could be split between the developers as they see fit. A fee schedule could even be made for it that is fair based on contributions - initial work, speed improvements, features, and bug fixes. Right there we have some initial categories. We already have people in the community who are good at some part of the above.

As far as removing the miner fee. Claymores miner worked fine with the fee. Even if someone removed it, there are tons of people who still used his program and CCminer would be no different. Just because there is a option to be evil or unlawful doesn't mean everyone chooses that option. Right now there isn't even the OPTION to mine with a fee... That's like quitting before even trying.

Continued support of the miner means continued income from the fee as well. It's the perfect system for payment. It's the whole reason pools don't require membership and instead use a fee. It's a much more powerful and robust method of compensation for the system we live in.

And yes, again and again. I am a little vexed because you have DJM that comes through and acts like everyone here who doesn't purchase his private miner or donated to him is a freeloader (even though I've purchased miners from other people and donated). Then everyone threatens to close up shop and move to private miners. You as a miner should respect the idea of a compensation. I mean that was his entire argument; yet for some reason we can't get over this hurdle of a large lump some is the only way to pay people.

Donations will never be enough because people expect them now, that's not what donations are for and why it wont work to fulfill this problem.

theotherme

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 09:20:48 AM

You don't feed me dude. That's what the money is for. That's why I keep saying to add a dev fee. It goes the opposite direction. Or is the whole reason you guys are so afraid of a equal sharing crowd funding program because you then wouldn't be able to pretend you're somehow helping people by making private miners and distributing them to the top 3% of miners who can afford them?

Here Ill put it in bold because your eyes always seem to gloss over when I mentioned it: MINER FEE.

Do I need to commission someone to add a optional miner fee to CCminer? Literally paying someone to have you guys take my money? (Funny this almost sounds the complete opposite of what you were arguing) I can't afford to buy a 5-6 BTC miner as I'm a small miner especially after my initial investment with AMD was lost due to the aforementioned bullshit that was traded under the tables, but if you use a fee, we all chip in and make it work. It's proportional and you'll make a hell of a lot more then trading to a handful of people that make more money then you'll ever see.

Here lets add a bit more, has anyone asked Claymore how well he did with his Cryptonote miner? A shining example of how well this works.

You don't even advertise your private miners or their cost. I've purchased every private miner I've heard of that was lucrative so far and I could afford. You wont even give me a offer because you don't like me. Just shows how corrupt and fucked up your logic is.

Wait, now we're obligated to do business with people we don't like?
yup... otherwise we take the risk of being trolled to death (that's why I usually troll first  Grin)
pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 09:42:38 AM

yup... otherwise we take the risk of being trolled to death (that's why I usually troll first  Grin)

Looks like you're having real fun with your troll account :-D
Now back to topic ;-)

theotherme

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 09:56:25 AM

yup... otherwise we take the risk of being trolled to death (that's why I usually troll first  Grin)

Looks like you're having real fun with your troll account :-D
Now back to topic ;-)
 Grin yeah... I missed that part of the fun for more than a year
two more, and I can make a coin  Grin
theotherme

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 11:18:53 AM

well, if you want to pay to make me insert that kind of logic, that would already be more interesting...  Grin but as Pallas said, if we want to do it the right way (meaning not violating every licence terms around, then there is a lot more to do... and again most of us are more interested in kernel dev than in playing with that part of ccminer).

Now again, as said Wolf0, I don't feel obligated to sell to anyone... that's why I don't advertise (PR is clearly not my strong suit but so far it hasn't been a problem)
Also it is a question of respect and trust, you are always bashing miner devs, which shows very little respect to us, how could we trust you to not resell or even distribute for free what we would sell you privately ?
It has nothing to do with liking you or not, it is just common sense. From my point of view the risk
I would take by dealing with you, looks to me a bit too high...

Pages: « 1 ... 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 [325] 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 ... 1240 »
  Print  

Jump to: