Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:44:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 [229] 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 ... 348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CannabisCoin [CANN][X11][Official] Developments & Discussions  (Read 705939 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
CryptoJohn
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003

Well, That's Crypto :-\

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 06:58:12 PM

Please contact Dave McEnery Jr. (developer of TRON) about helping out

I'm afraid Joint Force that I do not share your enthusiasm for associating CannabisCoin [CANN] with run-of-the-mill "weed coins".

CANN is unique in purpose. Rather than some vague "let's give a coin a marijuana name and make some money" aspiration CANN exists to facilitate getting medical marijuana to medical marijuana patients, preferably at subsidized rates. It is perfectly true that part of that facilitation involves a means of cashless electronic transactions so that dispensaries may operate safely, because it is part of getting mmj to patients. It is also true that delivering cashless electronic transaction ability for dispensaries is likely to deliver significant profit for early adopters of CANN, the "investor" segment, if you will.

CANN is backed by the 1:1 peg, the Yes We CANN movement's promise to supply approximately one gram of CANNdy medical marijuana for the cost of one CannabisCoin [CANN]. While it takes considerable time to establish legal grows and deliver the CANNdy supplies you will note that the Herbal Wellness Center has been honoring the peg since last October (I don't know but suspect they are donating product into the CANNdy inventory themselves during the long establishment period and nothing prevents other dispensaries doing likewise).

No other coin is focused on this charitable endeavor.

No other coin stands to deliver such extraordinary profit virtually as an accidental side-effect of charitable endeavor.

At risk of sounding like a coin snob I feel that associating CannabisCoin with "weed coins" significantly diminishes CannabisCoin.

CannabisCoin will flourish because DeltaNine is a man on a mission to deliver medical marijuana to those who need it.

I urge supporters to not yield to quick profit mentality. We will be told when crops are distributed and broader availability of CANNdy will deliver all the necessary promotion for CannabisCoin. Remember too that DeltaNine said recently "We are working on getting our partnership together here in Arizona to open up a dispensary with dedicated CANNdy supply and more.  It's not easy but we are moving forward and optimistic! Also the project with a Colorado-based MMJ company is moving forward as well and there is progress, will have more info. as we move closer to release."

Arizona is likely to go full recreational in 2016. Newly-established grows should begin yielding full crops in 2016. These facts are likely to deliver the cash flows necessary to underwrite large-scale donation of CANNdy inventory. Large-scale inventory is necessary for large-scale use of CannabisCoin.

Be patient and please, think carefully before tainting CANN by association with the "weed coins".

Agreed, CANN stands alone and should avoid association with the other weed coins until they represent something substantial.

Delta9 is on a mission.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pharesim

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 07:17:08 PM

If you didn't know yet, CannabisCoin can be traded decentralized on the Horizon platform.

More information about the HZxchange project here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1065680.0
mrbigmugs

Activity: 247

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 09:12:51 PM

If you didn't know yet, CannabisCoin can be traded decentralized on the Horizon platform.

More information about the HZxchange project here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1065680.0

Wow thats pretty cool a decentralized exchange I might try it out just to see how it works.

pharesim

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 09:20:22 PM

With http://hzxchange.net we're trying to adapt the interface of traditional exchanges as far as possible. You can also use the HZ wallet itself, which shows a bit more info (for now, working on that).
B4zz4

Activity: 629
Merit: 500

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 02:21:11 AM

Uh-oh... this is not good:

"Exclusive: Lloyd’s of London to Exit U.S. Cannabis Insurance Industry

By Tony C. Dreibus

Lloyd’s of London, the UK-based insurance marketplace, has instructed underwriters not to open or renew existing accounts with marijuana companies in the United States until it’s legal at the federal level, leaving potentially thousands of cannabis business owners seeking new insurers for their crops, buildings and inventory.

“Any policies of this type that are currently in force should not be renewed and no new business should be written,” according to a memo from Tom Bolt, the director of performance management at Lloyd’s, viewed by Marijuana Business Daily.

The memo – sent to the company’s partners – goes on to say that account executives will review existing quotes issued before Friday to determine whether they will still be honored.

“Lloyd’s will continue to monitor developments under U.S. law and will reconsider this position if and when the conflict of laws is resolved,” the memo says.

The company doesn’t actually provide coverage. Rather, it operates an insurance marketplace similar to a stock or commodities exchange, and works with “syndicates” that underwrite businesses. Those syndicates transact with London-based brokers who deal with companies around the world that provide insurance to businesses, some of which offer coverage to marijuana companies." --Marijuana Business Daily

Tips: CANN: CRAUn1GyLcqyC2dfi7F1FDjvrzmLzwApAx
wareck

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 10:05:13 AM

I found a new pool Smiley
http://kryptos.podzone.net
B4zz4

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 02:11:18 AM

For those not following ∆9's tweets: Outdoor grow prep this weekend. D9 stress testing cannabis strains at CANN lab https://twitter.com/CannabisCoins/status/604819322913955840

I don't just recall offhand but I have a vague memory of five acres being approved for one grow site - I may be quite wrong about that being ∆9's as I read a lot of articles about growing mmj and my memory isn't as young as I used to be Wink

Nonetheless, preparing ground for outdoor grows is exciting news. Does stress testing at CANN lab indicate preparation for seed production? Would CANNdy be distributed to other growers as seed, clones or both? I have no experience with growing marijuana at all so anyone with such knowledge should feel free to correct my assumptions (read: "guesses").

goldengatesgreenest.com

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 02:28:18 AM

For those not following ∆9's tweets: Outdoor grow prep this weekend. D9 stress testing cannabis strains at CANN lab https://twitter.com/CannabisCoins/status/604819322913955840

I don't just recall offhand but I have a vague memory of five acres being approved for one grow site - I may be quite wrong about that being ∆9's as I read a lot of articles about growing mmj and my memory isn't as young as I used to be Wink

Nonetheless, preparing ground for outdoor grows is exciting news. Does stress testing at CANN lab indicate preparation for seed production? Would CANNdy be distributed to other growers as seed, clones or both? I have no experience with growing marijuana at all so anyone with such knowledge should feel free to correct my assumptions (read: "guesses").

I'm speculating but within the state it will be both seeds and clones, I'm assuming that cutting transfers across state lines is still considered illegal so probably if CANNdy is being distributed around to different states it will be seed only.

Next day delivery Mail order Medical Cannabis now available to California Prop. 215 Patients for Bitcoin! Order anywhere in the State of California. http://goldengatesgreenest.com
B4zz4

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 03:59:06 AM

Cannabis use is not exactly new:

"Archaeologists find 2,400 year old gold bongs used for cannabis and opium

Two bongs for cannabis and opium used by Scythian tribal chieftains have been discovered by archaeologists in Russia. But unlike modern bongs, these ones are made of solid gold." --ZMEScience

IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 06:47:38 PM

Cannabis use is not exactly new:

"Archaeologists find 2,400 year old gold bongs used for cannabis and opium

Two bongs for cannabis and opium used by Scythian tribal chieftains have been discovered by archaeologists in Russia. But unlike modern bongs, these ones are made of solid gold." --ZMEScience

Dude........thanks for posting that article man, what a fricken find!  Interesting device especially given it's age......couldn't really tell how it would be used with all the pieces but man it would be cool as hell to smoke off that thing.  7 pounds of pure gold lol

The detail in the artwork on that thing is seriously impressive too.....craziness!
Tears on Dope

Activity: 112

Child At Heart

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 03:27:11 AM

i'll give this a shot again count me in again

DopeCoin. Freedom Is Not Enough.
First weed-related coin.
rayaodi

Activity: 275

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 07:29:45 AM

any great new ?  Cool Cool Cool
JanDzban

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 01:56:14 PM

Yes. Jesus loves you!!!

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

Tears on Dope

Activity: 112

Child At Heart

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 02:51:27 PM

Yes. Jesus loves you!!!
dont listen to him satan loves you more

DopeCoin. Freedom Is Not Enough.
First weed-related coin.
SGTxSTAYxGRIND

Activity: 115

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 10:38:35 PM

This is good news to hear indeed! Not to sound like a jerk but i believe you mean strain testing.  The medicinal group i am a part of is going to be sending our mmj to labs to get tested for THC/CBD/CBN as well, and no it doesnt mean seed preparation sorry. Plants are just like people they males and females, in order to get seeds you need to have them pollenate and the you can get a hermaphrodite plant which can sometimes be all female seeds. But, growing from seedling to plant is a bit more time consuming rather than cloning and planting. With cloning you are directly cutting off a part of an existing "mother plant" adding natural root growing nutrients and then if it lives you just made a small branch into a new plant if not, oh well, it was only a branch( like 8-10" long ).

Another interesting thing is the transportation across state borders.  This is where is gets to be a grey area, up here in Oregon and Washington if I held cards for growing in both states i would be able to transport back forth while maintaining all legality at the state level, however it is still illegal federally, thus the risk. Now i dont know about california or arizona but if their laws are similar to oregon and washington there is a possibility of being able to spread CANNdy to the west coast faster than predicted.

These are very interesting times, very interesting times indeed. I will continue to put all my hashing power towards CANN.

YES WE CANN!!!

Getting it all sorted out, I think.....
B4zz4

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 11:23:57 PM

This is good news to hear indeed! Not to sound like a jerk but i believe you mean strain testing. ... I will continue to put all my hashing power towards CANN.

YES WE CANN!!!

Umm, no... I think when ∆9 says stress testing that's what he means. Perhaps something along these lines: Feminised Stress Test. That's why I was asking about seed production and possible distribution Smiley

Glad to hear you are helping to secure the blockchain, too.

kprell40

Activity: 546

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 02:13:59 PM

I know This is old Video , But it is interesting..

Why you should invest in Cannabis Coin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVSQVXDppwY

CryptoJohn
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003

Well, That's Crypto :-\

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 08:15:35 PM

Curious if anyone has a whitepaper or promo pack for CANN that I can forward to potential investors?
B4zz4

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 03:38:18 AM
Last edit: June 03, 2015, 05:03:41 AM by B4zz4

Curious if anyone has a whitepaper or promo pack for CANN that I can forward to potential investors?

Hi John. The question of promo packs is quite reasonably raised from time to time but gets complex very quickly.

The blunt answer is no, there is no such material.

Why? Basically because despite various states enacting legislation to the contrary marijuana remains federally illegal in the U.S. and each state has its own peculiar laws and idiosyncrasies. Worse, federally the U.S. of A. has a distinctly schizophrenic response to state-legal marijuana enterprises. On the one hand you have politicians directing that enterprises should not be prosecuted where state-licensed and on the other you have agencies raiding, seizing both cash and product and federal attorneys prosecuting state-legal dispensaries and grows. In DeltaNine's words:
I can completely understand some of the constant news requests but keep in mind, there are many factors at play when it comes to crypto acceptance and cannabis in the general public.  Cannabis is currently federally illegal and overrides any state laws in the United States.  If 'they' do not like a medical marijuana grower, doctor, dispensary, or patient they can shut you down.. simple as that.

The more that ∆9 and his various partners have invested in this venture the greater their risk and federal exposure, consequently they are adopting a much lower profile than was evident until the October event.

There's another reason too, if you think about it.

Crypto and cannabis are two of the most controversial commodities in the U.S. today. That makes CannabisCoin a tempting target for ambitious conservative hopefuls wanting to be noticed, don't you think?

If you have a promotional brochure, what is to stop some eager beaver at the Securities and Exchange Commission deciding that it is a prospectus? Not much of a stretch for federal attorneys to launch a securities case given that speculative crypto traders already incorrectly call themselves "investors".

To protect against that how much legalese would need to be included highlighting the facts that while CannabisCoin is backed by donated medical marijuana and the intent is that mmj patients can redeem each electronic token, hereinafter referred to as CannabisCoin or CANN, for approximately one gram dry weight or equivalent medicinal marijuana product, hereinafter known as CANNdy, at participating dispensaries and subject to availability of said CANNdy, no right, lien, share or ownership of any part or portion of the growth and/or means of production of CANNdy, nor its means of transport, distribution and/or dispersal, be it wholesale or retail, is implied or conferred upon the holder of said CannabisCoin.

I wouldn't be very good at it, would I? You get the idea though, everything has to be tediously, meticulously and legally defined, especially the point that CannabisCoin has provided no funding, provides no financial support for and has no interest or holding in the grow facilities and/or any future dispensaries. In short, CannabisCoins are digital tokens and specifically not shares of any entity of any description.

Is the risk worth the reward trying to produce a non-prospectus brochure? I'd say definitely not. As crops are produced and distributed CANNdy can be advertised as available, then more dispensaries will want to get into the Yes We CANN movement, if for no other reason than to avoid losing patients to participating dispensaries.

That doesn't really help with what you are trying to do though. I'd suggest the best way for you to promote CannabisCoin and the Yes We CANN movement is to quote some of the more interesting portions of the OP. Providing a synopsis of that should be reasonably safe and you can tell your prospective buyers/traders that ground preparation for the first of the outdoor grows began at the end of May so they can estimate when crop distribution might take place.

zengryT

Activity: 745

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 03:40:16 AM

Proud to say I bought back in today. I sold my CANN just before the Viral ICO, bought Viral that scam coin, sold most of my coins for 2x and then all the free ones I finished selling today and bought some CANN back. Feels good to be back. I'll roll up a blunt to celebrate now. You guys can all fell free to do the same.

Puff puff pass.

Not managing signature campaigns anymore.
Pages: « 1 ... 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 [229] 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 ... 348 »
  Print  

Jump to: