Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 12:21:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 [231] 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 ... 348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CannabisCoin [CANN][X11][Official] Developments & Discussions  (Read 705937 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
zengryT

Activity: 745
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 12:02:30 AM

I am trying to get the windows wallet working. After installing, "CannabisCoin Error - Incorrect or no genesis block found. Wrong datadir for network?", program closes. I installed the windows wallet a few weeks ago, and it synced fine after some time, then it was uninstalled. I cleaned the computer with ccleaner. I am on windows 7 ultimate 64-bit. I tried both windows wallet, and windows fast wallet. Can someone please help?

@acad14n

If you had coins in your wallet I do so hope you saved your wallet.dat file, if not you have possibly lost them.

Windows 7... Okay, go to the start menu and type %appdata% into the search box, complete with the "%" at both ends.

Windows should offer you "Roaming" in the results, click on that and a folder window should open.

You are looking for a directory named CannabisCoin. It is possible that by installing both wallet installs Windows has made more than one such directory with slight changes to the names.

If you had coins in your wallet then save the wallet.dat file from the directory labelled "CannabisCoin" to somewhere you can find it again easily (Downloads or Desktop, anywhere handy) as this may be your original wallet.dat file.

After doing so you can then uninstall CannabisCoin and delete the CannabisCoin directory, along with any CannabisCoin[1] or similar which Windows may have created.

Now install just the plain vanilla version of CannabisCoin, you don't need the "fast" version as we are going to use the latest bootstrap file.

Start your wallet and then stop it after a minute or two, that will create the correct directory structure. If you saved a wallet.dat file you can copy it back now, replacing the new wallet.dat file created with the new directory structure.

Download the bootstrap.dat file from here:  https://mega.co.nz/#!XcBkxKKa!C_u1FVhBnGM09ZHnMOUfQ-utFH1A5gwEBSIpf7jtR0g, unzip it to %AppData%\Roaming\CannabisCoin and then restart your wallet, that will take you up to about 670K block height reasonably quickly, after which your wallet should complete downloading the block chain from the network.

Feel free to PM me here if you are having difficulty.

Good luck and have a nice day Smiley

But how do I get the fast version to work?

Not managing signature campaigns anymore.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
B4zz4

Activity: 629

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 12:24:00 AM
Last edit: June 05, 2015, 03:22:08 AM by B4zz4

I am trying to get the windows wallet working. After installing, "CannabisCoin Error - Incorrect or no genesis block found. Wrong datadir for network?", program closes. I installed the windows wallet a few weeks ago, and it synced fine after some time, then it was uninstalled. I cleaned the computer with ccleaner. I am on windows 7 ultimate 64-bit. I tried both windows wallet, and windows fast wallet. Can someone please help?

@acad14n

If you had coins in your wallet I do so hope you saved your wallet.dat file, if not you have possibly lost them.

Windows 7... Okay, go to the start menu and type %appdata% into the search box, complete with the "%" at both ends.

Windows should offer you "Roaming" in the results, click on that and a folder window should open.

You are looking for a directory named CannabisCoin. It is possible that by installing both wallet installs Windows has made more than one such directory with slight changes to the names.

If you had coins in your wallet then save the wallet.dat file from the directory labelled "CannabisCoin" to somewhere you can find it again easily (Downloads or Desktop, anywhere handy) as this may be your original wallet.dat file.

After doing so you can then uninstall CannabisCoin and delete the CannabisCoin directory, along with any CannabisCoin[1] or similar which Windows may have created.

Now install just the plain vanilla version of CannabisCoin, you don't need the "fast" version as we are going to use the latest bootstrap file.

Start your wallet and then stop it after a minute or two, that will create the correct directory structure. If you saved a wallet.dat file you can copy it back now, replacing the new wallet.dat file created with the new directory structure.

Download the bootstrap.dat file from here:  https://mega.co.nz/#!XcBkxKKa!C_u1FVhBnGM09ZHnMOUfQ-utFH1A5gwEBSIpf7jtR0g, unzip it to %AppData%\Roaming\CannabisCoin and then restart your wallet, that will take you up to about 670K block height reasonably quickly, after which your wallet should complete downloading the block chain from the network.

Feel free to PM me here if you are having difficulty.

Good luck and have a nice day Smiley

But how do I get the fast version to work?

It is exactly the same wallet, just comes with some of the blockchain already downloaded. The use of the bootstrap download I listed above is even faster.

Edit: Let me make that slightly clearer, both downloads are CannabisCoin-0.8.6.3b. The "fast setup" version is now redundant, I should have that link removed. The only difference in the two is that the "fast setup" install includes a small portion of the block chain but it is out of date, the bootstrap file contains much more of the block chain and is now the faster installation method.

Tips: CANN: CRAUn1GyLcqyC2dfi7F1FDjvrzmLzwApAx
groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 02:28:28 PM

let's get CANN on Cryptopia!

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/HomeAction/Voting

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
dygus
Legendary

Activity: 1193
Merit: 1000

Peaky Blinder

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 10:51:15 AM

It's hard to buy below 1,6k sats. Soon we'll have nice rise, the cann chart looks great.

CHANGE FINANCE First Decentralised Global Crypto Bank
[color=#15B5E2 ]LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 09:49:02 PM

scooping 1200-1500 thanks all!

don't get left behind at the station Wink

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
CryptoSiD

Activity: 631

Former SuchPool Admin

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 02:53:45 AM

https://www.suchpool.pw/cann/ need some love guys:D
compmaster

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 07:08:44 PM

Hello all

What is the prediction highs that that this coin will go ?  some Forum  prediction that  CannabisCoin will go to $2.00  to  $5.00 per coin.

so does any know if that is true ?

Next year, sure

I see two problems with the idea that this coin will be worth $2 to $5:
#1 Tax. How high will states push up the taxes? You have to pay taxes in USD right?
#2 Market saturation. How low will the cost of 1 gram of cannabis go? is 50 cents a gram possible?
Will we soon see a day where getting 1 gram of medicine = $4 tax in USD + 1 CANN or you go to any dispensary and get $5 grams?

Now how could this coin ever be worth $5? It could be as easy as changing the peg one day. 1 coin = 10 grams of CANNdy. BOOM! Best buy this coin now!!!!!!!!! CANN could be the biggest producer of marijuana.
compmaster

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 07:09:44 PM

I just realized CANN is the most popular cannabis producer in the whole world? It's possible.
ciccas4

Activity: 251

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 07:28:09 PM

It's hard to buy below 1,6k sats. Soon we'll have nice rise, the cann chart looks great.

Why?value of this coin got nothing real for Now in my opinion,i'm still waiting for something real to reinvest here,so no motivation for a huge increase here,as i cann see  Huh
dygus
Legendary

Activity: 1193

Peaky Blinder

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 08:41:22 PM

Why?value of this coin got nothing real for Now in my opinion,i'm still waiting for something real to reinvest here,so no motivation for a huge increase here,as i cann see  Huh

Most of coins have no real value, but here you have a great project and devoted ppl.

CHANGE FINANCE First Decentralised Global Crypto Bank
[color=#15B5E2 ]LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
B4zz4

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 02:12:18 AM
Last edit: June 08, 2015, 11:56:01 AM by B4zz4

Hello all

What is the prediction highs that that this coin will go ?  some Forum  prediction that  CannabisCoin will go to $2.00  to  $5.00 per coin.

so does any know if that is true ?

Next year, sure

I see two problems with the idea that this coin will be worth $2 to $5:
#1 Tax. How high will states push up the taxes? You have to pay taxes in USD right?
#2 Market saturation. How low will the cost of 1 gram of cannabis go? is 50 cents a gram possible?
Will we soon see a day where getting 1 gram of medicine = $4 tax in USD + 1 CANN or you go to any dispensary and get $5 grams?

Now how could this coin ever be worth $5? It could be as easy as changing the peg one day. 1 coin = 10 grams of CANNdy. BOOM! Best buy this coin now!!!!!!!!! CANN could be the biggest producer of marijuana.

Is this a valid analysis? How does the charitable donation system work in the U.S.? CANNdy is donated product so technically its value is $0? How is value added tax calculated on gifted product in the U.S.?

CANN is not legal tender (you can not go to any store or bank and tender it as payment), it's an electronic token, a coupon, if you will.

How does Uncle Sam tax coupons? If you go to a store with say, a two-for-one coupon where you buy one item of a specific product you get another one free, do you pay the value added tax for one item or two? Somehow I doubt that you pay double tax. Australia has a goods and services tax (GST) where the retail dollar value of items is taxed. Product giveaways and promotional items are given to consumers down-under without asking them for GST. I think people would be very upset if they were taxed for two items on a two-for-one promotional item and any such attempt would likely bring the government down.

So, how would states handle taxation on a donated item?

The way I see it and this is an Australian perspective, CannabisCoin purchases for general goods (including marijuana products not donated, i.e., not CANNdy) will be a U.S.$ value, including tax where applicable, converted at current exchange rates. If greedy politicians determine that donated CANNdy is subject to value-added taxes (and mindful that the most dangerous place in the world is to be between a politician and a pile of money) then one CANN is equivalent to one gram of CANNdy including tax because, as shown here, there's no additional cost involved.

Under the above analysis then the tax component is included in the exchange value of CannabisCoin. The price of CANNdy is not one CANN plus tax in USD, just one CANN. To me this says CANN could indeed rise to the total retail cost of one gram of marijuana. If Uncle Sam or his representatives demands a tax value on donated CANNdy then the purchase price of CANN will need to reflect that and the exchange value of CannabisCoin must rise to at least cover the tax payable. Irrespective of the background transactions where the dispensary exchanges the CannabisCoin received to USD and then pays the U.S. Treasury via the I.R.S. or however it is done there, the face value of CANN is the total cost of one gram of CANNdy brand medicinal marijuana.

tl;dr:

As previously stated, I'm an Aussie so I may have completely the wrong idea about how U.S. internal revenue is calculated and handled. Feel free to correct me. As I see it One CANN = One Gram, not "one gram for one CANN plus federal and state taxes in USD". This implies that the exchange rate will need to reflect any "tax paid" component or, in other words, the total, all-inclusive price of one gram of marijuana.

BittrexCoin

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

BinPool Admin

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 08:18:41 AM

Guys our pool - http://cann.binpool.com/ re-launch on @BinPool
Piston Honda
Legendary

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 03:22:50 PM

CANN charts looking excellent, keep it up CANN dev and investors.  locked and loaded for the rest of 2015 Cheesy

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
Anakinska33

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 03:33:21 PM

Cann looking good these days! Keep up the good work devs! Smiley
B4zz4

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 04:33:17 AM

How large a backlash should we expect from this?

"Rising rate of marijuana exposure among children 5 years old and younger

Debates about legalizing marijuana have focused on crime rates, economic benefits, and health effects among adults. But a new study shows that the risk to young children of swallowing, breathing in or otherwise being exposed to marijuana also needs to be considered." --Nationwide Children's Hospital via ScienceDaily

The anti-legalization brigade are always looking for ammunition and ForTheChildrenTM always plays well in the press.

As a parent I am really concerned about people's lax handling of medicines where young children may get access - all medicines - but I fear this will be taken out of proportion and used as a cudgel by "big pharma"-supported groups to hamper legislative efforts.

I hope everyone will read carefully, do their homework and argue from facts when engaging on this topic. Medical marijuana is medicine and children should always be protected from accidental access to any and every medicine. Of course we favor child-resistant containers from dispensary to use and stringent measures to protect children from accidental and incidental exposure, doesn't everyone?

TrueAnon
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 07:22:44 PM

^Not worried but as usual the media (especially right-wing USA type like idiotic Fox News) will blow it out of proportion and use it as all the ammo they can to shoot down ALL MJ type usage related streams.  I don't think the crypto-side of these types of coins are 'big' enough to be affected just yet, but it could have a negative trickle-down effect on them sure.  

But it seems there's still far more upside and growth / value potential in CANN (and possibly others) vs. the downside of such articles or attacks on MJ in the public eye.  It's scary how many people in the US can be brainwashed by media/government still and not think for themselves when it comes to differentiating the medical aspect vs. the "other" type of MJ usages, calling it just plain evil all under one umbrella is just stupid and wrong.  Re. the parent/child aspect, given it's aout children under 5, I'm sorry but it's 100% on the parents shoulders to ensure their child is not exposed to it, simple as that.  Otherwise they are failing very badly.  People do not take ownership anymore it's disgusting.

Anyway, looking fwd to what CANN has to offer up the rest of 2015, the volume and price seem to be very strong.  July should be very nice, hopefully later this year even better Wink  Shocked Grin - then we can "roll" into 2016 on a "high" note, if you will.  Tongue
B4zz4

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 11:17:34 PM

we are follow CANN  Shocked
beliefs is wander  Huh
news of CANN = no
event of CANN = no
why? time?

Hi thuhangnguyen the team is focused on a very big project and will announce further updates as they come.
There are actually multiple projects going on and they require careful considerations.
For very latest follow @CannabisCoins on Twitter.

-CANN

When you quote others Fineius can you leave the original quote link embedded please? It is fine if you want to alter the format for readability, just do so by leading with something like
Code:
"As [author's name] wrote [url=link to original]here[/url] ..."
Otherwise it looks as though you are trying to impersonate the CANN team. It also makes the threads difficult to follow with random month-old responses popping up.

Thanks.

B4zz4

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 12:02:55 AM

^Not worried but as usual the media (especially right-wing USA type like idiotic Fox News) will blow it out of proportion and use it as all the ammo they can to shoot down ALL MJ type usage related streams.  I don't think the crypto-side of these types of coins are 'big' enough to be affected just yet, but it could have a negative trickle-down effect on them sure.  

But it seems there's still far more upside and growth / value potential in CANN (and possibly others) vs. the downside of such articles or attacks on MJ in the public eye.  It's scary how many people in the US can be brainwashed by media/government still and not think for themselves when it comes to differentiating the medical aspect vs. the "other" type of MJ usages, calling it just plain evil all under one umbrella is just stupid and wrong.  Re. the parent/child aspect, given it's aout children under 5, I'm sorry but it's 100% on the parents shoulders to ensure their child is not exposed to it, simple as that.  Otherwise they are failing very badly.  People do not take ownership anymore it's disgusting.

Anyway, looking fwd to what CANN has to offer up the rest of 2015, the volume and price seem to be very strong.  July should be very nice, hopefully later this year even better Wink  Shocked Grin - then we can "roll" into 2016 on a "high" note, if you will.  Tongue

Couldn't agree more about parental responsibility but to appease the anti-marijuana-under-any-circumstance crowd it may be necessary to have child protection codified into mj legislation, which I don't see as a problem.

The good news is that despite the Time piece being "highly cited" (according to google, at least) the item does not seem to be garnering too much interest. Only a fraction of the headlines directly associate legalization with child risk.

So far, so good Smiley

Piston Honda
Legendary

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 09:17:34 PM

Wow, Canada not wasting any time, lol.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/medical-marijuana-legal-in-all-forms-supreme-court-rules-1.3109148

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
spectrem1

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 04:53:02 AM

Greetings. Here a long time, rarely write but thought this was relevant.
In Florida today John Morgan, a lawyer forefront in the effort to legalize MMJ here, kicked off the 2016 legalization campaign with his personal cash - $150k with a commitment to match every donation made to United For Care (People United for Medical Marijuana). Morgan was visible and vocal in the last election and the amendment received 58% of the vote falling short of the 60% required here.
Link to the video news on Orlando13 Bright House news: http://www.mynews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2015/6/11/medical_marijuana_john_morgan.html

If you are a registered voter in the state of Florida you can sign the petition to put MMJ on the 2016 ballot by logging on at http://www.unitedforcare.org and clicking on the petition link. You can fill it out on line or download the petition form. If you're not registered but eligible, Please register and be counted.

I filled out the form on line and it saves data to a .pdf document of the petition that you print, sign, and mail to Miami.

I invest in CANN, I support the movement, and I salute D9 for efforts. -M

Chance favors the prepared mind -Louis Pasteur
Pages: « 1 ... 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 [231] 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 ... 348 »
  Print  

Jump to: