Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:17:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 [217] 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping  (Read 2115841 times)
estanis

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 09:03:10 PM

try this:https://medium.com/blockchain-education-network/its-time-to-move-your-coins-off-an-exchange-890bf49288db#.oc9e9nxuq
it helps me a lot

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
flashbit

Activity: 1008
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 09:49:43 PM

Can we say Factom!

http://www.coindesk.com/blockchain-perfect-government-services-heres-blueprint/
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 09:54:34 PM

I just installed Factoid Wallet GUI but no idea how to send my FCT from exchange to it. Where is my address or how to generate it? Can i find somewhere turtorial, how to use this wallet?

Here is the how-to with screenshots for the GUI: https://www.factom.com/devs/docs/howto/factoid-wallet-gui-guide

Thank you. So i sent from polo to my wallet small amount of FCT and  explorer shows correct balance ( http://explorer.factom.org/address/FA2aGhbJHAp4sp228vsmJiNdZrRhk6twFf7dNqidsKBjtPWt6Ctw ), but in my GUI wallet after about 1 hour still 0  Huh

That's not unusual. It needs some time to sync. Hope it already shows your Factoids?
JanDzban

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 10:00:56 PM

Thank you, so i guess my wallet is not synced yet, that is why i see 0 balance, but i cannot see any progress with syncing, all i can see is .factom folder is bigger than before. Any idea how heavy is that folder after syncing? Now shows 2GB

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

tempus
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 10:03:55 PM

Thank you, so i guess my wallet is not synced yet, that is why i see 0 balance, but i cannot see any progress with syncing, all i can see is .factom folder is bigger than before. Any idea how heavy is that folder after syncing? Now shows 2GB

@frameLAlife It’s about 3.84GB currently.
https://twitter.com/factom/status/767125592311562241
JanDzban

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 10:56:24 PM

I just installed Factoid Wallet GUI but no idea how to send my FCT from exchange to it. Where is my address or how to generate it? Can i find somewhere turtorial, how to use this wallet?

Here is the how-to with screenshots for the GUI: https://www.factom.com/devs/docs/howto/factoid-wallet-gui-guide

Thank you. So i sent from polo to my wallet small amount of FCT and  explorer shows correct balance ( http://explorer.factom.org/address/FA2aGhbJHAp4sp228vsmJiNdZrRhk6twFf7dNqidsKBjtPWt6Ctw ), but in my GUI wallet after about 1 hour still 0  Huh

That's not unusual. It needs some time to sync. Hope it already shows your Factoids?

Finally it showed up right now, but from beggining i didnt even know it must be synced. It Is very compicated GUI:) Anyway thanks for all help. Now lets hope for steady rise:)

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

tempus
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 11:21:21 PM

Finally it showed up right now, but from beggining i didnt even know it must be synced. It Is very compicated GUI:) Anyway thanks for all help. Now lets hope for steady rise:)

Yes, the GUI is not too userfriendly but it's okay. I don't use it to store Factoids but it's quick to import priv. keys and to transact.

And great is: Factoids will be implemented (hopefully soon - together with M2) in this multi-asset-wallet: https://www.exodus.io
D-Lux

Activity: 385

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 11:25:55 PM

OK so I’ll preface this by saying the following is probably a tinfoil-hat theory, but I still wanted to float it out there and see what others thought. … I’ve been thinking about the recent FCT price movements, and especially the major sells that have been driving the price down and scaring potential investors away. It’s been discussed here in the past, with the main theory being that it’s whales trying to drive the price down in order to collect cheap FCT from margin calls and the weak-handed. But as others have pointed out, this theory doesn’t fully account for what’s going on. For one thing, it’s hard to imagine that the amount being dumped could actually be recovered with a significant-enough quantity of newly bought coins. Yesterday someone sold FCT down to 4370—a massive drop in price, that lasted only briefly before bouncing back up. There have been repeated major sells since then, and in each case the price rebounds to a point higher than the whale had been selling at. So … what’s going on?

This is where things get tinfoil-ish. ... Interest in FCT has been growing rapidly recently, and each time there’s what looks to be the beginning of a run-up in the price, a whale jumps in and throws water on the fire. If they’re not looking to amass cheaper coins, then … what? As much as I respect the Factom team, I have to ask: Who benefits from a relatively stable price atm? Or put another way, how would Factom’s potential investors and clients feel if they heard that, after some huge rise, FCT corrected by 40-50%? I’m not sure how much potential clients care about FCT’s market cap, but if they witness a boom—followed by an inevitable correction—that would likely give them pause. At this point in development, such instability, even if it resulted in a significantly higher market cap, could be seen as a liability.

Again, I’m the first to admit that this all sounds a little conspiracy-theoryish. And anyway it might actually be illegal—exposing Factom Inc to a class-action brought about by ICO holders. But … bottom-line, the recent movements don’t quite add up. And this theory has been nagging at me for a few days now, so thought I’d see what others thought. #hopetobeprovenwrong Smiley
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 11:40:40 PM

OK so I’ll preface this by saying the following is probably a tinfoil-hat theory, but I still wanted to float it out there and see what others thought. … I’ve been thinking about the recent FCT price movements, and especially the major sells that have been driving the price down and scaring potential investors away. It’s been discussed here in the past, with the main theory being that it’s whales trying to drive the price down in order to collect cheap FCT from margin calls and the weak-handed. But as others have pointed out, this theory doesn’t fully account for what’s going on. For one thing, it’s hard to imagine that the amount being dumped could actually be recovered with a significant-enough quantity of newly bought coins. Yesterday someone sold FCT down to 4370—a massive drop in price, that lasted only briefly before bouncing back up. There have been repeated major sells since then, and in each case the price rebounds to a point higher than the whale had been selling at. So … what’s going on?

This is where things get tinfoil-ish. ... Interest in FCT has been growing rapidly recently, and each time there’s what looks to be the beginning of a run-up in the price, a whale jumps in and throws water on the fire. If they’re not looking to amass cheaper coins, then … what? As much as I respect the Factom team, I have to ask: Who benefits from a relatively stable price atm? Or put another way, how would Factom’s potential investors and clients feel if they heard that, after some huge rise, FCT corrected by 40-50%? I’m not sure how much potential clients care about FCT’s market cap, but if they witness a boom—followed by an inevitable correction—that would likely give them pause. At this point in development, such instability, even if it resulted in a significantly higher market cap, could be seen as a liability.

Again, I’m the first to admit that this all sounds a little conspiracy-theoryish. And anyway it might actually be illegal—exposing Factom Inc to a class-action brought about by ICO holders. But … bottom-line, the recent movements don’t quite add up. And this theory has been nagging at me for a few days now, so thought I’d see what others thought. #hopetobeprovenwrong Smiley

I doubt that the Factoid-market is very significant for potential customers of Factom.

There are several reasons for the high volatility, especially that there are still many of ICO-Investors with huge amounts. And of course, the market is highly manipulated and I saw things that were not rational. Plus: We had a nice run since mid of June, that's why there is also a lot of profit-taking. 

But today the main reason is the Bitcoin-price - others go down as well.

D-Lux

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 11:53:43 PM

I doubt that the Factoid-market is very significant for potential customers of Factom.

There are several reasons for the high volatility, especially that there are still many of ICO-Investors with huge amounts. And of course, the market is highly manipulated and I saw things that were not rational. Plus: We had a nice run since mid of June, that's why there is also a lot of profit-taking.  

So you think it's just profit-taking? Could be, though it seems strange at this point, with M2 right around the corner ...
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 11:59:39 PM

So you think it's just profit-taking? Could be, though it seems strange at this point, with M2 right around the corner ...

Today I believe it's more about the Bitcoin-price. But yes, I believe that there would be profit-taking anyway. And M2 - that is something about we care, those who really follow the project and think about it. But you wouldn't believe how many buy into a project just because of a moving price and high volume and because of talking in the trollbox.

If we would have a list of all accounts on Polo who bought FCT, I would make a bet that >70% don't know anything about Factom and never have heard about M2.

But to be fair: Even those who know what it is about may have some doubts about "around the corner", because it's obvious that they (team) take their time. I mean, they could release it on monday or next month or even later.
D-Lux

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 12:15:20 AM

Today I believe it's more about the Bitcoin-price. But yes, I believe that there would be profit-taking anyway. And M2 - that is something about we care, those who really follow the project and think about it. But you wouldn't believe how many buy into a project just because of a moving price and high volume and because of talking in the trollbox.

If we would have a list of all accounts on Polo who bought FCT, I would make a bet that >70% don't know anything about Factom and never have heard about M2.

But to be fair: Even those who know what it is about may have some doubts about "around the corner", because it's obvious that they (team) take their time. I mean, they could release it on monday or next month or even later.

That makes sense, OK I'll remove my tinfoil-hat Smiley It really is strange about the level of investor awareness in the projects ppl invest in. I try to invest based on fundamentals, but it's difficult in crypto when prices move so much based on hype. As David Irvine has said, "Price follows value," which is basically my investment philosophy, but certainly there's profit to be made in following social-psychology trends more closely, at least in the short term.
JanDzban

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 12:16:56 AM

Yes, almost every coin got big dump because this BTC move up.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

tempus
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 12:23:34 AM

That makes sense, OK I'll remove my tinfoil-hat Smiley It really is strange about the level of investor awareness in the projects ppl invest in. I try to invest based on fundamentals, but it's difficult in crypto when prices move so much based on hype. As David Irvine has said, "Price follows value," which is basically my investment philosophy, but certainly there's profit to be made in following social-psychology trends more closely, at least in the short term.

I also invest more based on good fundamentals, but in the end value is about psychological dynamics - also longterm is, while this market (crypto in general) is very short-term-focused. And it's a wild mix between experienced people, some are even real professionals, but also a majority with a "las-vegas-approach". ;-)
xmrlove

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 12:50:56 AM

This coin is not worth holding. It was not designed to be a speculative asset. It is a network token, If it has value so be it. A coin like XMR is clear private store of value. BTC is a public store of value or semi anon one with benefits of its own. FCT is not worth holding IMO. Watch this interview with DEV PAUL SNOW OF FACTOM INC.: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1noFK6M8ktU  

"The system is designed to keep the price low" - quote from this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1noFK6M8ktU  

FCT goes up, it will come down. It was designed so.

Love Factom and the initiative. However from a investment standpoint it just does not make sense to buy and hold a network Token like this.
flashbit

Activity: 1008
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 12:58:06 AM

This coin is not worth holding. It was not designed to be a speculative asset. It is a network token, If it has value so be it. A coin like XMR is clear private store of value. BTC is a public store of value or semi anon one with benefits of its own. FCT is not worth holding IMO. Watch this interview with DEV PAUL SNOW OF FACTOM INC.: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1noFK6M8ktU  

"The system is designed to keep the price low" - quote from this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1noFK6M8ktU  

Love Factom and the initiative. However from a investment standpoint it just does not make sense to buy and hold a network Token like this.

Oh great here comes the XMR trolls. right on time!
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 12:58:26 AM
Last edit: September 04, 2016, 03:03:45 AM by tempus

This coin is not worth holding. It was not designed to be a speculative asset. It is a network token, If it has value so be it.

The more the system will be used, the higher the price of FCT needs to rise, because buying Entry Credits = burning of Factoids.

A coin like XMR is clear private store of value. BTC is a public store of value or semi anon one with benefits of its own. FCT is not worth holding IMO. Watch this interview with DEV PAUL SNOW OF FACTOM INC.: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1noFK6M8ktU  
XMR gets some news because of the dark-markets. But: Will XMR be the one and only Anon-solution? No. Soon there will be Zcash and there will be others as well. In the end it won't be XMR.

The price for customers! The price to use Factom. He did not talk about the price of Factoids! ;-)

The opposite is true. Factom is designed to be used and the more demand - the more Factoids will be burned - the higher the price has to be. I know, I already said it, but it's worth to say it again.

You just don't understand it. That's all. ;-)
haggis

Activity: 984
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 01:00:32 AM

Thanks for you input. But before posting, you should have at least tried to understand what is said on the video and learned the difference between factoids and entry credits. Scroll up a couple of posts and you'll see your troll attempt is not very good Wink

Btw: no need to fear FCT as competitor to XMR. They have completely different purposes and can grow next to each other in peace  Cool
D-Lux

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 01:01:14 AM

Sorry but it looks like you're confused. Snow was talking about the price of EC, not FCT. There's already been a lot of discussion here and on Reddit explaining the relationship b/t the two, but the take-away is: FCT will rise in a manner directly proportionate to Factom's use. More extended discussion here: www.reddit.com/r/factom/comments/4zxi6e/fct_ec_and_the_factom_financial_ecosystem/

This is assuming your post wasn't just meant as a plug for XMR ... Smiley
xmrlove

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 01:39:20 AM

Sorry but it looks like you're confused. Snow was talking about the price of EC, not FCT. There's already been a lot of discussion here and on Reddit explaining the relationship b/t the two, but the take-away is: FCT will rise in a manner directly proportionate to Factom's use. More extended discussion here: www.reddit.com/r/factom/comments/4zxi6e/fct_ec_and_the_factom_financial_ecosystem/

This is assuming your post wasn't just meant as a plug for XMR ... Smiley

No he specifically says " It is designed to keep the price of a Factoid low". Yes XMR + FCT will co-exist. FCT will do amazing things. However with that said, it does not make sense to hold this network token in hopes it will rise for no reason when the system is not designed for FCT to sustain a high price.
Pages: « 1 ... 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 [217] 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: