Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:12:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 [231] 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping  (Read 2115841 times)
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2016, 07:12:42 AM

I don't mind this predictable ping pong. Riding the wave is not a problem and it s quite profitable. How does it bring profit to the whale, beats me. Cause he s dumped, OK. Now try to buy 400 BTC FCT at lower price?Huh?

he dont
he buy now coins with a budget and FCT price will raise slowly
then after his budget is used up and a dump of all FCT he bought meanwhile
will create more than his original budget he will dump all again

and repeat

this game works when the price after each wave go a bit higher

which is the case for FCT

this works only if u run a really big pocket

he dont ride the wave
he is the wave

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
D-Lux

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 08:00:53 AM

I don't mind this predictable ping pong. Riding the wave is not a problem and it s quite profitable. How does it bring profit to the whale, beats me. Cause he s dumped, OK. Now try to buy 400 BTC FCT at lower price?Huh?

he dont
he buy now coins with a budget and FCT price will raise slowly
then after his budget is used up and a dump of all FCT he bought meanwhile
will create more than his original budget he will dump all again

and repeat

this game works when the price after each wave go a bit higher

which is the case for FCT

this works only if u run a really big pocket

he dont ride the wave
he is the wave

Wow I didn't know you knew crazyivan personally. How weird, right?
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2016, 08:13:32 AM

regarding FCT the one thing that holds me back give it a big portfolio position is that as stakeholder u get no share from coin rollout
this means FCT can never become a income source for u and only stay a speculation object

coins like NEM or NXT allow harvesting
even ETH plan to switch towards POS 2018

FCT give u zero way to generate a constant income without sell and reduce ur stock of coins
for anyone beside the max 32 entities (now 1 and with M2 i think 8 )  who sell entry credits and inject data into the chain

Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2016, 08:16:19 AM

Wow I didn't know you knew crazyivan personally. How weird, right?

in fact he is the only crypto contact i have i really meet and did shake hands and drink a beer together

i have high respect for crazyivan

he can get in troll mood sometimes battle with other trolls
but when he is serious he is a clever business man

D-Lux

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 09:07:04 AM

regarding FCT the one thing that holds me back give it a big portfolio position is that as stakeholder u get no share from coin rollout
this means FCT can never become a income source for u and only stay a speculation object

FCT give u zero way to generate a constant income without sell and reduce ur stock of coins
for anyone beside the max 32 entities (now 1 and with M2 i think 8 )  who sell entry credits and inject data into the chain

This question IMO ultimately comes down to Income vs. Appreciation. There's no income potential with FCT, but the expectation of the trade-off is that FCT will appreciate more quickly.

If, theoretically, you were to reinvest theoretical FCT income, and compared that portfolio to one of non-income-generating but more-quickly appreciating FCT, I think you'd find that Appreciation beats Income any day. The benefit of Income is liquidity, but if you don't care about liquidity—if you're not looking specifically for Income from your crypto portfolio—you'd do better with Appreciation.
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2016, 09:21:38 AM

This question IMO ultimately comes down to Income vs. Appreciation. There's no income potential with FCT, but the expectation of the trade-off is that FCT will appreciate more quickly.

If, theoretically, you were to reinvest theoretical FCT income, and compared that portfolio to one of non-income-generating but more-quickly appreciating FCT, I think you'd find that Appreciation beats Income any day. The benefit of Income is liquidity, but if you don't care about liquidity—if you're not looking specifically for Income from your crypto portfolio—you'd do better with Appreciation.

as i said FCT is a great speculation vehicle but no self sustaining income source

i like a mindset where even we the small investors can contribute to the network and get rewarded without a reduction of our coin share more

this is true with POS coins
this is true with masternode coins
this is true with harvesting possible coins

this is not true for FCT

to split coin rollout into a 50% parts spread between the 32 big companies
and 50% between FCT shareholder who support the network
would have been so much better im sad they didnt take this path

in the end FCT are just crowdsale tokens but the whole ecosystem is designed in a way that crowdsale investors can do nothing beside sell with their tokens

the real big income will be earned by a handful companies and the whole network infrastructure core network nodes are managed by them

FCT decentralisation is very weak and a shame for the base vision satoshi nakamoto had for blockchain based economy of the future

tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 11:12:46 AM

as i said FCT is a great speculation vehicle but no self sustaining income source

i like a mindset where even we the small investors can contribute to the network and get rewarded without a reduction of our coin share more

this is not true for FCT

in the end FCT are just crowdsale tokens but the whole ecosystem is designed in a way that crowdsale investors can do nothing beside sell with their tokens

the real big income will be earned by a handful companies and the whole network infrastructure core network nodes are managed by them

FCT decentralisation is very weak and a shame for the base vision satoshi nakamoto had for blockchain based economy of the future

Factoids are not just CFC-tokens. Factoids are needed to pay those who run the federated servers - needed to run decentralized system.

But yes, Investors can't "do" much with Factoids and we won't earn them. But because of the conversion to Entry Credits, whenever EC's are bought, Factoids will be consumed/burned/destroyed, and that will give them intrinsic value. And that is the interesting part for Investors, because we can speculate on the success of Factom and on the possibility that more and more Entry Credits will be bought if there will be increasing use of the system.

Potential Investors/Speculators have to answer the question if they believe in that possibility or not. And I personally believe it's a great bet, because Factom shows since many months that they do a good job on all fronts. Some complain that M2 is still not released but it also can be seen as a positive that they are very accurate. And it's obvious that they are good on the business-front and that gives additional trust regarding their ability to build the system, because companies and institutions wouldn't take Factom serious if that wouldn't be the case.
Blazin8888

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 02:57:49 PM

well this coin is still undervalued..ill just leave it at that.
nowhere man

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 03:37:05 PM

Has the chairman spoken at devhype 2 yet? Just wondered if anyone had a link to share?
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 04:11:17 PM

Well, some argumentation would be nice. Saying this is a great coins cause I hold it and I would like the price to go up is not really something.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
ardia

Activity: 94
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 10:09:48 PM

Given the flaccidity of the recent commits - Id say they are all done and are waiting for some event to make an announcement.
Azael

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 10:21:37 PM

Well, some argumentation would be nice. Saying this is a great coins cause I hold it and I would like the price to go up is not really something.

$26.5million market cap but a +$30million valuation and a M2 release would make the product much more attractive and if M3 is reached before series B I would expect at least a $60million valuation.

twitter.com/erikledgers
matt608

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 10:29:53 PM

$26.5million market cap but a +$30million valuation and a M2 release would make the product much more attractive and if M3 is reached before series B I would expect at least a $60million valuation.

The coin FCT value is not necessarily tied to the valuation of Factom the company.  We don't have to take into account corporate profit/loss like employee salary expense, office space rent, travel expenses etc.  That 'engine' drives the users of the open source tech, which is what FCT holders are invested in.  The expense for the open source protocol is paying the federated servers.  So for us the equation is simply projected entry credit use minus inflation paid to the servers (when that begins at M3).  IMO the FCT price can rise far higher than the $ valuation of Factom the company.
Blazin8888

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 10:54:05 PM

The coin FCT value is not necessarily tied to the valuation of Factom the company.  We don't have to take into account corporate profit/loss like employee salary expense, office space rent, travel expenses etc.  That 'engine' drives the users of the open source tech, which is what FCT holders are invested in.  The expense for the open source protocol is paying the federated servers.  So for us the equation is simply projected entry credit use minus inflation paid to the servers (when that begins at M3).  IMO the FCT price can rise far higher than the $ valuation of Factom the company.

Agreed. Better to long term hold IMO. This coin has the biggest potential news on the horizon out of any coin left this year. There are other great investments right now but I do think this one stands to gain the most.
Azael

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 11:36:01 PM

Agreed. Better to long term hold IMO. This coin has the biggest potential news on the horizon out of any coin left this year. There are other great investments right now but I do think this one stands to gain the most.

I agree but I think it serves well as a kind of floor.

twitter.com/erikledgers
Josef27

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 11:52:06 PM

this is not true for FCT

I don't see the relevance in your argument. Your comparing apples to concrete. Bitcoin is Bitcoin,  Master node is Master node, Factom is Factom. By the way BTC doesn't offer continued income either unless you're a miner. After the last coin is mined? If you want POS, then invest in POS. If you want Pow invest in Pow. Factom is neither never claimed to be ? Factom would be more like BTC without the mining.

I feel you don't understand the massive upside potential of Factom. The end product of Factom is 100% verifiably decentralized. That is the basis of their business model. Factom is a, scaleable side-chain, massive entry system. It would be very difficult to be 100% decentralized at this stage.

One they are a real company, not a coin or a dao. That means they are  responsible to those clients and investors for the products they are selling along with company growth.  Having control over to execute company growth to pivot and scale when needed, is essential. They have to maintain control of some of their processes to do that.  You're implying they are not running the Federated servers decentralized enough? You think they should allow anyone to build, upgrade an maintain specced servers ? I can see some problems with that idea. Growth being one, BTC and Chinese miners also come to mind. In the end, it doesn't change the end product is 100% decentral written into BTC and ETH blockchain.

Factom's job is to take real world companies and be an on-ramp to the crypto world. They are a massively scalable entry system, with hundreds or possibly thousands of unforeseeable side eco-systems. I can think of one side ecosystem right now me or anyone could start tommorrw, that would add billions and billions of entries with unlimited growth potential.

I even talked to Mr. Snow about it, you know what he said? It's on our list!  This is just one side ecosystem into Factom.

In short, here what I discussed:

Adaptable voting software that's scalable, from a H.O.A to country level presidential elections. Voting software that tallies and provides everyone both anonymity, and public scrutiny at the same time. The public ledger allows the individual voter to check their hash to ensure it was counted correctly, same with precinct level tallies. There is a chain of vote custody that almost 100% eliminates voter fraud. Even a sample hash recount could be possible if enough voters came forward and presented their hash receipt.
I envision anyone with a home computer, smartphone or a simple Raspberry Pi level voting machine/s, to use the voting platform software and the Factom's chain. It's cheap, efficient, and could reach billions of voters almost instantly, and again the best part all entries go through Factom.
The cost is within reach of most at a 1/10 of a cent per vote. I'm not sure how corrupt governments or the like would receive this system, but it's definitely good for the end users. There is an unlimited market for this product, any country, local government, corporation, even the BTC block size debate. It would be very useful if time permitted in the upcoming U.S. election, however, I feel such demand for such a product will be more so afterward.
::

It's been discussed in detail in this forum if you want to look it up. Billion entries = $400 us FCT price. This amount was discussed to be needed by just one potential Factom client in the financial industry.
flashbit

Activity: 1008
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 12:01:34 AM

Blockchain Applications in the Healthcare Industry 2016: A New Data Infrastructure for Interoperable Services and Secure Records - Research and Markets

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160922006153/en/
Blazin8888

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 12:02:03 AM

If its good enough for DHS its good enough for me. America babyy + I love to support innovation especially tech right out of TEXAS, USA!  

https://youtu.be/W9mvTNh-plY  : FCT gonna take throne soon I can feel it
D-Lux

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 01:12:40 AM
Last edit: September 23, 2016, 06:52:41 AM by D-Lux

Adaptable voting software that's scalable, from a H.O.A to country level presidential elections.

I really love this idea. Glad you have a chance to discuss with Paul Snow.

And more broadly, pretty much anything that relies on data integrity could benefit from Factom.

In terms of political push-back from corrupt governments and corporations ... I agree that's definitely an issue. I'm not sure of the details of the political situation in Honduras ATM, but I know in some of the surrounding discussions around that deal there was talk about this kind of push-back. And I think the general consensus was: 1) yes, it makes the battle uphill, and 2) such changes that would enforce data integrity and general higher-level honesty would probably need populace support (or: insistence) to come about. So FCT price aside, a PR push to let people know what CAN be done with Factom—and how it benefits those on the side of more transparent governance—might be a required stepping-stone to get less innately inclined govts and corporations to do the right thing, factomize important data and join the revolution of honesty and transparency.
Blazin8888

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 01:43:04 AM
Last edit: September 23, 2016, 02:10:38 AM by Blazin8888

New website ? https://www.factom.com/  

Very nice.....volume rising

FACTOM LIVE USAGE

The Factom Foundation's protocol is already in use, and it's growing every day.

62,886,416 Records 3,940,218 Entries 55,638 Anchors

SOURCE: https://www.factom.com/  
Pages: « 1 ... 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 [231] 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: