Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:28:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 [211] 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping  (Read 2115841 times)
neo1947

Activity: 449
Merit: 250

don t touch my Bits

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 07:30:23 PM

Hi
l haven t touch my factoids from ico,has anybody transferred factoids by using 12 words that we had from koinify? l m trying to run factomd but keep crashing,any help would be appreciated.
Kind Regards

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 08:25:37 PM

But you:

"Will EmerCoin pitch to Anchor into Factom blockchain after they do Ethereum?" --> In the EmerCoin-Thread

Tempus, once again Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping. Nice job man, 100% deserved.

IMO Crazyivan and Azael are more or less permanently discredited. Everyone's allowed a voice, but their BS has been going on way too long. If they contributed anything of meaningful value to this discussion, ever, it would be different, but they don't, so ... It's a shame. Imagine this discussion without these constant, noxious derailments. Seriously, there's no need for this ...

Reminder 1: It's possible to "Ignore" someone by clicking the "Ignore" button by their name.

Reminder 2: I'm personally going to try to move most of my original comments (as opposed to responses, which I'll still do here) to Reddit, in the hope that some of this noise is reduced. I also personally like the ability to have conversations divided by subject. Do whatever works best for you, but hope to see some of you there.  

Well, as soon as you get rid of your Napoleonic complex which gives you the power to label people as discredited I will unignore you. Feel free never to read any of my comments since I will DEFINITELY do the same for your BS. Good look with your Reddit transfer and I wish you all the best from the bottom of my heart.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Azael

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 08:44:12 PM

But you:

"Will EmerCoin pitch to Anchor into Factom blockchain after they do Ethereum?" --> In the EmerCoin-Thread

Tempus, once again Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping. Nice job man, 100% deserved.

IMO Crazyivan and Azael are more or less permanently discredited. Everyone's allowed a voice, but their BS has been going on way too long. If they contributed anything of meaningful value to this discussion, ever, it would be different, but they don't, so ... It's a shame. Imagine this discussion without these constant, noxious derailments. Seriously, there's no need for this ...

Reminder 1: It's possible to "Ignore" someone by clicking the "Ignore" button by their name.

Reminder 2: I'm personally going to try to move most of my original comments (as opposed to responses, which I'll still do here) to Reddit, in the hope that some of this noise is reduced. I also personally like the ability to have conversations divided by subject. Do whatever works best for you, but hope to see some of you there.  

Well, as soon as you get rid of your Napoleonic complex which gives you the power to label people as discredited I will unignore you. Feel free never to read any of my comments since I will DEFINITELY do the same for your BS. Good look with your Reddit transfer and I wish you all the best from the bottom of my heart.

I have both of these on ignore but you keep quoting them so they show up anyway. It's easy to see which ones are Tempus alts since all they try to do is waste your time because he has nothing to do. If you see a wall of text from a newbie with nonsense just press ignore.

People with half a brain and a set of balls realize that the best reason to come and discuss a currency on a board is to come up with balanced arguments and constructive criticism that can lead to a better product. I've already posted about a rich list and a easier wallet, which Factom did a quick fix for by producing a easy guide which is fine since we know the wallet is coming soon anyway and they did come up with a rich list for investors.

For pushing both these things I was called a troll by these regressive losers but Factom did listen and did implement them which has made it better for users and investors of FCT and that's the only thing I care about, not trying to cure people with Dunning-Kruger.

twitter.com/erikledgers
MalReynolds
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 01:45:38 AM

I've said this before and I'll say it again.  A connection between Nanex and Factom is the Holy Grail.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/this-man-wants-to-upend-the-world-of-high-frequency-trading-2016-02-02

"Hunsader says a belief in fairness and transparency underpins his concerns. Current regulations are sufficient to ensure protection for investors, he says, but exchanges and market makers don’t abide by the rules, and regulators don’t hold them accountable, in part because they’ve been slow to adopt technology that would help them.

High-frequency traders, he says, get away with practices that “are killing the diversity of participants. As [they] get a larger and larger share of trades, you are going to get more and more of these damaging market events” like the one in August 2015.

He laments the lack of a consolidated audit trail, or CAT, a stream of time-stamped data on virtually all quotes, orders and executions, as well as customer information, that would represent unprecedented transparency into stock, future and options trading. It would help regulators monitor for anomalies that precede swings in asset prices, Hunsader says. Without it, he says, the SEC lacks credible evidence of wrongdoing.

Some agree with Hunsader. “As speed and complexity have become almost insurmountable forces in our marketplace, effective oversight simply cannot happen without the CAT,” SEC Commissioner Kara Stein said in September. The SEC declined to comment for this article.

“Markets have gone light years ahead while the surveillance system is outdated,” said Joe Saluzzi, co-founder of Themis Trading and a critic of high-frequency traders.

The SEC ordered the CAT’s creation in 2012, outsourcing it to a partnership of national securities exchanges and associations known as self-regulatory organizations, which are responsible for self-policing members including the NYSE, Nasdaq OMX, BATS, Chicago Board of Trade and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (Finra), an independent, not-for-profit organization authorized by Congress to regulate market participants.

Guidelines for the project indicated that it would be implemented in 2015. There have been more than 700 meetings to discuss parameters, costs and vendors, according to the Financial Times. As of November, there was only a shortlist of potential vendors — Finra, SunGard and Thesys, which the SEC is reviewing.

This frustrates Hunsader, who calls the task “obscenely easy” since he is already able to collect similar data through his subscription feeds, albeit without participants’ IDs. “The Consolidated Audit Trail will NEVER get built,” he tweeted recently. "
flashbit

Activity: 1008
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 02:13:17 AM

I've said this before and I'll say it again.  A connection between Nanex and Factom is the Holy Grail.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/this-man-wants-to-upend-the-world-of-high-frequency-trading-2016-02-02

"Hunsader says a belief in fairness and transparency underpins his concerns. Current regulations are sufficient to ensure protection for investors, he says, but exchanges and market makers don’t abide by the rules, and regulators don’t hold them accountable, in part because they’ve been slow to adopt technology that would help them.

High-frequency traders, he says, get away with practices that “are killing the diversity of participants. As [they] get a larger and larger share of trades, you are going to get more and more of these damaging market events” like the one in August 2015.

He laments the lack of a consolidated audit trail, or CAT, a stream of time-stamped data on virtually all quotes, orders and executions, as well as customer information, that would represent unprecedented transparency into stock, future and options trading. It would help regulators monitor for anomalies that precede swings in asset prices, Hunsader says. Without it, he says, the SEC lacks credible evidence of wrongdoing.

Some agree with Hunsader. “As speed and complexity have become almost insurmountable forces in our marketplace, effective oversight simply cannot happen without the CAT,” SEC Commissioner Kara Stein said in September. The SEC declined to comment for this article.

“Markets have gone light years ahead while the surveillance system is outdated,” said Joe Saluzzi, co-founder of Themis Trading and a critic of high-frequency traders.

The SEC ordered the CAT’s creation in 2012, outsourcing it to a partnership of national securities exchanges and associations known as self-regulatory organizations, which are responsible for self-policing members including the NYSE, Nasdaq OMX, BATS, Chicago Board of Trade and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (Finra), an independent, not-for-profit organization authorized by Congress to regulate market participants.

Guidelines for the project indicated that it would be implemented in 2015. There have been more than 700 meetings to discuss parameters, costs and vendors, according to the Financial Times. As of November, there was only a shortlist of potential vendors — Finra, SunGard and Thesys, which the SEC is reviewing.

This frustrates Hunsader, who calls the task “obscenely easy” since he is already able to collect similar data through his subscription feeds, albeit without participants’ IDs. “The Consolidated Audit Trail will NEVER get built,” he tweeted recently. "

+1 - nice find and completely agree!
googie4

Activity: 300

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 05:57:01 AM

It was a good read.
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 06:18:20 AM

I understand there s always need for profit taking but 15% dump, that I did not expect. On the other hand, pump intervals re getting shorter and shorter.

D-Lux

Activity: 385

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 06:20:31 AM
Last edit: August 30, 2016, 06:42:23 AM by D-Lux

Wow, I hadn't heard of Nanex but just did some research and yeah, I 100% agree. But knowing very little about them atm ...

Do you think an actual partnership might be possible in the future?

Why wouldn't Factom just replace them?
Fuyuki_Wataru

Activity: 167
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 07:54:53 AM
Last edit: August 30, 2016, 08:09:47 AM by Fuyuki_Wataru

Someone deliberately sold their coins under market value to try and crash the price, cause panic and make the price go lower so he can re-buy at the bottom.

For those looking to step in, now might be the time to buy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    delicia | delicia.io    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Global Food Network | World's Only Solution to Food Wastage | Join Whitelist Now, Get 30% Bonus
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Whitepaper | Telegram | Medium | Twitter | FB | ANN    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
oneyesoneno

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 09:09:06 AM

Someone deliberately sold their coins under market value to try and crash the price, cause panic and make the price go lower so he can re-buy at the bottom.

Yup... its free market... there will be always demand and supply... i will just wait patiently until Factom shine like a star.
MalReynolds
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 12:29:03 PM

Wow, I hadn't heard of Nanex but just did some research and yeah, I 100% agree. But knowing very little about them atm ...

You need to read Flash Boys by Michael Lewis to get an understanding of just how much of a mess Wall Street has become.  We don't need to time stamp and Factomize Wall Street stock prices, we need to time stamp and Factomize EVERY SINGLE PROPOSED BID AND ASK TRANSACTION.  Like....billions per day.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_Boys

https://www.amazon.com/Flash-Boys-Wall-Street-Revolt-ebook/dp/B00HVJB4VM#nav-subnav

If you don't have time to find and read the whole book, at least read this executive summary / book report of Flash Boys...

https://www.theinvestorspodcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/FlashBoys.pdf

The prime mission for Factom should be cleaning up high frequency trading on Wall Street.  Which would require more ECs, and a higher Factoid price, than any of us can imagine.

"While Lewis can only estimate the cost to investors of the abuses, he believes it is over $5 billion per year, perhaps as much as $15 billion per year or even higher".
Freckleg

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 01:03:00 PM

Yup... its free market... there will be always demand and supply... i will just wait patiently until Factom shine like a star.

The sell side has been massacred, interesting play
matt608

Activity: 882

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 01:16:53 PM

You need to read Flash Boys by Michael Lewis to get an understanding of just how much of a mess Wall Street has become.  We don't need to time stamp and Factomize Wall Street stock prices, we need to time stamp and Factomize EVERY SINGLE PROPOSED BID AND ASK TRANSACTION.  Like....billions per day.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_Boys

https://www.amazon.com/Flash-Boys-Wall-Street-Revolt-ebook/dp/B00HVJB4VM#nav-subnav

If you don't have time to find and read the whole book, at least read this executive summary / book report of Flash Boys...

https://www.theinvestorspodcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/FlashBoys.pdf

The prime mission for Factom should be cleaning up high frequency trading on Wall Street.  Which would require more ECs, and a higher Factoid price, than any of us can imagine.

"While Lewis can only estimate the cost to investors of the abuses, he believes it is over $5 billion per year, perhaps as much as $15 billion per year or even higher".

I wonder if the Factom team is aware of this idea?  Might be worth emailing them.
MalReynolds
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 02:06:24 PM

I wonder if the Factom team is aware of this idea?  Might be worth emailing them.

I have been emailing Factom all of my posts on HFT / Nanex, and will continue to do so.
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 02:07:39 PM

The sell side has been massacred, interesting play

Obviously the plan has failed. Like to see big and greedy players lose money cause they think they can control the market. Dumping almost never works unless you re really, really big.

haggis

Activity: 984

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 02:21:24 PM

Nice letter to Series A investors:

https://www.reddit.com/r/factom/comments/50a4cl/factom_letter/

I especially like this part:
Business Result - Signed major new customers (DHS). Development Result - Factom Federation testnet is live.
So it's now official that DHS not did just fund Factom, they also signed a contract.

And this one:
Goals For August / September 2016:
Development Goal: Promote Factom public Testnet release candidate to production.
Trade_BTC

Activity: 785
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 02:48:45 PM

Over 500 btc sold on polo in minutes. It took 48% of the buy side btc out with it I like factom but that hurt the wallet and imo was total negligence on the sellers part too. Altering my risk on fct now since it seems the big whales are actually out now.
BlackJacky

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 02:53:43 PM

Just published via the Factom Twitter Account:

https://www.factom.com/factom-at-the-blockchain-industry-conference-in-beijing-china/
MalReynolds
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 03:34:59 PM

Interesting numbers deduced from https://factoid.live/

There are currently 8.749M factoids in circulation, contained in 2471 accounts.   2.550M of that is apparently at Poloniex (29.1% of total). The top 50 accounts hold a total of 6.782M Factoids (77.5% of total).  The bottom 2421 accounts hold a total of 1.967M Factoids, or an average of 812 Factoids each.  The # 50 account holds 19.7K, so the bottom 2421 obviously have a significant number of accounts greatly over or under 812 Factoids....
Freckleg

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 04:01:44 PM

Over 500 btc sold on polo in minutes. It took 48% of the buy side btc out with it I like factom but that hurt the wallet and imo was total negligence on the sellers part too. Altering my risk on fct now since it seems the big whales are actually out now.

Actually it took the sell side down with 25% while the buy side is now again 1200btc. Bulls dictate the market
Pages: « 1 ... 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 [211] 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: