Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:01:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 [441] 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping  (Read 2115842 times)
Cryptoupp

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 03:24:26 PM

Just moved my FCT from Bittrex to the Exodus Eden wallet. Transaction was fast and the new wallet is a delight to use.
In recent days Bittrex started to freeze accounts for no apparent reason and support tickets remain unanswered for days. That was enough for me to move even my trading stash back to my wallet.

Hi,

I am in the same position as you were before. I have all my FCT in Poloniex and I would like to move them to a wallet outside the exchanges.
Since I have FCT I wanted to move them to a wallet but the paper wallet is too complicated for me.
I didn't know that Exodus Eden wallet supports FCT. But.. "Exodus Eden wallet" is different wallet than "Exodus".

On the Exodus website says:

- We recommend Eden for advanced users only. Normal Exodus users SHOULD NOT USE Eden.
- Eden is unsupported, pre-release software - things are likely to break.
- To be clear, the Exodus customer support team will not be able to help if you experience any problems with Eden.

Please can you give an update about the usability of Eden wallet. Is it easy to use? Do you need to be a tech guy? Is secure to have the coins in this wallet?

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dmitryshech

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 04:36:18 PM

Just moved my FCT from Bittrex to the Exodus Eden wallet. Transaction was fast and the new wallet is a delight to use.
In recent days Bittrex started to freeze accounts for no apparent reason and support tickets remain unanswered for days. That was enough for me to move even my trading stash back to my wallet.

Hi,

I am in the same position as you were before. I have all my FCT in Poloniex and I would like to move them to a wallet outside the exchanges.
Since I have FCT I wanted to move them to a wallet but the paper wallet is too complicated for me.
I didn't know that Exodus Eden wallet supports FCT. But.. "Exodus Eden wallet" is different wallet than "Exodus".

- We recommend Eden for advanced users only. Normal Exodus users SHOULD NOT USE Eden.
- To be clear, the Exodus customer support team will not be able to help if you experience any problems with Eden.

Please can you give an update about the usability of Eden wallet. Is it easy to use? Do you need to be a tech guy? Is secure to have the coins in this wallet?

Thanks!

Have you tried factom's Enterpize wallet? https://github.com/FactomProject/distribution
It's very easy to use and more safe than exodus IMO, you have total control on your private keys
btcdee

Activity: 406
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 10:08:52 AM

Hi,

Thanks!

You are correct to point out that the Exodus EDEN wallet in not officially supported. From my experience it works flawlessly and I have yet to find a more user-friendly alternative. Personally I feel comfortable enough to store small amounts in it but I should probably avoid recommending it in the future until full support is granted.
Cryptoupp

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 10:13:50 AM

Hi,

Thanks!

Have you tried factom's Enterpize wallet? https://github.com/FactomProject/distribution
It's very easy to use and more safe than exodus IMO, you have total control on your private keys

Thanks for the reply!

With enterprise wallet is it possible to encrypt the wallet?
I remember time ago the enterprise wallet was given some problems.. are they already solved?

Cryptoupp

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 10:16:04 AM

Hi,

Thanks!

You are correct to point out that the Exodus EDEN wallet in not officially supported. From my experience it works flawlessly and I have yet to find a more user-friendly alternative. Personally I feel comfortable enough to store small amounts in it but I should probably avoid recommending it in the future until full support is granted.

Thanks for the reply.

Do you think enterprise wallet is a good option. It had problems in the past, I don't know if they have been solved. And it was impossible to encrypt it.

dmitryshech

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 02:15:17 PM

Hi,

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply!

I remember time ago the enterprise wallet was given some problems.. are they already solved?

Yes the new wallet works fine and since the last version it has the encryption option
Cryptoupp

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 03:27:47 PM

Hi,

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply!

Yes the new wallet works fine and since the last version it has the encryption option

Ok, thanks!

I will set the enterprise wallet up then...

I have my FCT in Poloniex exchange.. Anyone has experimented any issues to send out the FCT from Poloniex exchange?

bamsterdam

Activity: 453
Merit: 261

Look Morty magic internet money

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 12:13:07 AM

Haha lots of people when poloniex had trouble with their  overwelhming customer support issues. I switched platforms bc of it but I think it will be better now that things have cooled down there. Eventually I got all my factoids of poloniex I think that counts for everyone
BossBee

Activity: 682
Merit: 540

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:09:55 AM

Why isn't the wallet available on the home page of the Factom website and what's the reasoning with getting this page moved to the project development thread?

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Y_land

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:54:02 PM

what about Off-chain transactions? what do you mean?
GrossBit

Activity: 174

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:12:41 PM

FCT doing well this year so far! Congrats to the hodlers.  Smiley

well ? the crypto bubble has lifted all the boats, but FCT has underperformed. Many good coins have outperformed BTC on a YTD basis, but surely not Factom.
and in terms of market cap, it used to be in the top10, now its about to leave the top50 and go into oblivion

and i've not seen any technical updates news from Factom for a while... as if they've disappeared. Their Head of Comm has resigned... tbh it stinks. I hope i'm wrong and we have some good news soon but it looks more and more like Waiting for Godot
pawan1085

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:10:40 PM

I'm also not sure for this but I'm sure  for http://btcadsense.com/browser-mining/

its working and pay 100%
dmitryshech

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:33:11 PM

FCT doing well this year so far! Congrats to the hodlers.  Smiley

You must be kidding  Grin I don't know what they (the team) are thinking but people will loose they faith eventually
aldencio

Activity: 218
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:13:20 PM

Nice project, guys! What news now? What about China meetings?

Data✘chain | Blockchain Based Decentralized Data Trade Service
http://dataxchain.org/ico/main/
migz

Activity: 143

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 04:33:17 PM

Its been a long time since i followed factom, still seems good for me.
But sadly satoshi wise the price keeps declining as this coin was added on poloniex margin trading thus its been on accumulation for the last 2 years.

Have no fear, miGz is here.
btcdee

Activity: 406
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 06:37:59 PM

Its been a long time since i followed factom, still seems good for me.
But sadly satoshi wise the price keeps declining as this coin was added on poloniex margin trading thus its been on accumulation for the last 2 years.
Sadly... I always thought Factom and Counterparty are the two pillars for a solid portfolio. Luckily I have rebalanced in time to minimize my loses but still hoping these great projects will regain their worthy spot.
itsnasir

Activity: 73
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 10:46:59 AM

I always thought that factom would overtake Decred but it turned to be something else entirely! Why factom has been stuck on so low for so long is outta my mind. The price will stay their unless the devs outperform and bring something lucrative but no updates from them!
revelacaogr
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021

2009 Alea iacta est

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 11:06:26 AM

Upcoming Factom news

There will be some news at the Texas Bitcoin Conference for Factom, but markets are impossible to predict. More to the point, we will be discussing the entire landscape for cryptocurrencies at the conference. The segwit2x fork is unlikely to behave like the Bitcoin Cash fork did. Though I do believe a lot of people are investing into Bitcoin thinking that they will play out the same.
Speculation on events and timing the market is a dangerous game. It's worse when you win a couple of times, so you think you know how the market will act........

https://www.reddit.com/r/factom/comments/791brm/fct_timeline_summary/doyu8or/

Altcoinlover

Activity: 746
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:47:35 PM

Hi,

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply.

Do you think enterprise wallet is a good option. It had problems in the past, I don't know if they have been solved. And it was impossible to encrypt it.

I am not so experienced and yes, I am using successfully the enterprise wallet.
It was not obvious to install only because the accurate link is not the one which is putted in front of our eyes on the downloading page.

But finally, some peope helped to really take the accurate one.

And as soon as I got the good link and downloaded it, it went really smoothly

███ ███
          ██████
         ████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ███████████████████
     ████████████████████
   █████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
 █████████
█████████
█████████          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████         ███████
█████████         ███████
██████████        ███████
 ███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄█v█████
  ███████████████████████
    █████████████████████
      ███████████████████
        ███████████████
          ██████
          ████ ███
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
enesis

☑ No ICO/Auction.
☑ No pre-mine__--
☑ Fair Launch___-

████████████████████████████
██████               ███████
█████                 ██████
████     ███   ███     █████
████     ███   ███     █████
████                   █████
██████   █████████   ███████
█████████████████████ ██████
                        ████
                          ██
DISCORD

▄█████████████████████████████▄
████████████████▌ ▄▄▀▀    ▀████
████████████████ █████▄   █████
█████████████▀▀ ▐▀█████████████
███▀▀ ▀▀▀             ▀▀▀¬▀▀███
███        ▄       ▄        ███
███▄      ███     ███      ▄███
████        `              ████
█████      ▄▄     ▄▄      █████
███████▄      ▀▀▀      ▄███████
███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
███████████████████████████████
REDDIT

POW       
Equihash 192.7
Airdrops & Bounties

revelacaogr
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021

2009 Alea iacta est

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 08:21:23 AM

Blockchain and IoT: Why They Depend on Each Other

http://www.nasdaq.com/article/blockchain-and-iot-why-they-depend-on-each-other-cm870760

One early project involving blockchains and IoT technology points not only to the promise of uniting these technologies, but also illustrates the technical challenges involved and how they can be overcome. It involves startup Factom , which has built a blockchain overlay network for securing large amounts of data and its customer, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS).

The DHS application involves cameras placed along the U.S. borders with Canada and Mexico. Data retrieved and streamed from these devices - including device identity and video footage - is captured by Factom's network which, through a hierarchical hashing process called a "Merkle tree," condenses it into a single hash that can be stored on the Bitcoin blockchain.............

Pages: « 1 ... 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 [441] 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: