Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:13:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 [253] 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay |Decentralized Marketplace|Smart Contracts|IoT Tech|Markets Open  (Read 339391 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 05:27:26 PM

how u liking those duracell batteries?

I am liking the price, 70 sat and will be 10 soon ... as a scam should be. No more money is coming into the scam boys. The money party (before it started) is over. Your very welcome LoL

Your boy bobby is spending time in jail pretty soon

At least, finally, you are almost correct about something. Almost correct, because not only Bobby, but all participants of the scam will be spending time in jail - including your David and Stevie, even Lin of Bter.

(Actually Bob is in the best position, since all information and facts about the scam was volunteered by Bob).

u pathetic kunt. I have been speaking to Deguerin about this ever since the day your boy Bobby came out of closet. Game is over, buddy. No more stealing money from victims.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kitey

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 05:52:04 PM

Once upon a time, there was a guy named Bob ..........

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=850267.msg9855219#msg9855219

Intermezzo:

Her name was not BitSwift at the start. It was Timeshare Coin.

Gentle reader, when you have stopped laughing, I will continue.

Thank you.

We could not pull an ICO out of thin air. We had to have a coin. And that coin had to have a dev, and be crypto-certified and not launched yet. Once we found that coin  - we could just rebrand it into anything we wanted for our ICO.

The Salamander found Timeshare Coin. It was a slam dunk. Ready to launch, a perfect coin for our ICO, but the name had to go. In fact, the whole timeshare concept had to go – it was too sleazy.

We started brainstorming a stronger concept.  Paradise Coin (Condo Ownership).  Real Estate Coin (Industrial property). We argued for a couple hours over what was a better investment, vacation property or commercial real estate. Half the conversation was about how much Bob hated condos. We decided that shit was too complicated. We had a great name from before  - XWire. We could slap that onto the coin.  But we didn’t know what XWire was. We just knew it was a cool name for a coin. Bob said arrright I gotta walk my dogs, you guys figure out what the coin’s gonna be. People started coming with ideas. XWire would let you transmit Bitcoin faster than the block chain. How? Well …. it would use dedicated satellite transmission. Satellites? Hmmm. Wait a minute. What about putting btc wallets in satellites? In case of like – typhoons and nuclear war and shit. Yea, that was a good idea. How much did renting hard disk space on a satellite cost anyhow? But what about EMP, wouldn’t satellites be vulnerable? (15 minute discussion of EMP. Some pretty good movies it had happened in.) Ok. So no prob. We’ll do backups at those, like, remote places on here on earth, you know what I’m talking about?  where they are saving the two each of all the worlds’ seeds? That 10, 000 foot deep cave in Svalbard. Or Switzerland. Wait a minute. Wasn’t Richard Branson doing something like this already? Fuck it. Ok. Back to the start. XWire would let you get your money the fastest way possible from point A to point B.  Money, or Bitcoin? Both. In fact, any coin. Yes, any coin. You know, Xwire should really have Bit in the name. Bit-this and Bit-that were no-brainers for a good coin name. BitWire. Nice. Wait a minute. Money moving, money transfer. What’s that thing called, y’know, when you send money overseas? The international bank wire system? Yea. SWIFT.

Fuck BitWire.

BitSwift was her name.

To be continued.

Loving the story dude... this all from memory? Smiley
Decentradical

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 05:54:40 PM

Intermezzo:

Thank you.

We could not pull an ICO out of thin air. We had to have a coin. And that coin had to have a dev, and be crypto-certified and not launched yet. Once we found that coin  - we could just rebrand it into anything we wanted for our ICO.

The Salamander found Timeshare Coin. It was a slam dunk. Ready to launch, a perfect coin for our ICO, but the name had to go. In fact, the whole timeshare concept had to go – it was too sleazy.

We started brainstorming a stronger concept.  Paradise Coin (Condo Ownership).  Real Estate Coin (Industrial property). We argued for a couple hours over what was a better investment, vacation property or commercial real estate. Half the conversation was about how much Bob hated condos. We decided that shit was too complicated. We had a great name from before  - XWire. We could slap that onto the coin.  But we didn’t know what XWire was. We just knew it was a cool name for a coin. Bob said arrright I gotta walk my dogs, you guys figure out what the coin’s gonna be. People started coming with ideas. XWire would let you transmit Bitcoin faster than the block chain. How? Well …. it would use dedicated satellite transmission. Satellites? Hmmm. Wait a minute. What about putting btc wallets in satellites? In case of like – typhoons and nuclear war and shit. Yea, that was a good idea. How much did renting hard disk space on a satellite cost anyhow? But what about EMP, wouldn’t satellites be vulnerable? (15 minute discussion of EMP. Some pretty good movies it had happened in.) Ok. So no prob. We’ll do backups at those, like, remote places on here on earth, you know what I’m talking about?  where they are saving the two each of all the worlds’ seeds? That 10, 000 foot deep cave in Svalbard. Or Switzerland. Wait a minute. Wasn’t Richard Branson doing something like this already? Fuck it. Ok. Back to the start. XWire would let you get your money the fastest way possible from point A to point B.  Money, or Bitcoin? Both. In fact, any coin. Yes, any coin. You know, Xwire should really have Bit in the name. Bit-this and Bit-that were no-brainers for a good coin name. BitWire. Nice. Wait a minute. Money moving, money transfer. What’s that thing called, y’know, when you send money overseas? The international bank wire system? Yea. SWIFT.

Fuck BitWire.

BitSwift was her name.

To be continued.

You're a fucking genius.
allyouracid
Legendary

Activity: 2320
Merit: 1292

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 06:57:08 PM

At least, finally, you are almost correct about something. Almost correct, because not only Bobby, but all participants of the scam will be spending time in jail - including your David and Stevie, even Lin of Bter.

(Actually Bob is in the best position to make a deal with the police, since all information and facts about the scam was volunteered by Bob).
You don't really think anyone goes to jail for this, do you?
Although it would be somewhat funny, they'll probably get a money fine at maximum.

Btw, Bobo, if you're still reading here: what did you say you have? 1kk in land, 400k in cars, and some 10k bucks in gold? That's it?
1kk brings you an ordinary house, here. And I have never seen any of my neighbors bragging that much about their houses, lol.

Don't visit my shitcoin blog: OCOIN.DEV
Use cointracking.info for tax declaration & tracking of your trades!
doogsan

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 06:57:45 PM

how u liking those duracell batteries?

I am liking the price, 70 sat and will be 10 soon ... as a scam should be. No more money is coming into the scam boys. The money party (before it started) is over. Your very welcome LoL

Your boy bobby is spending time in jail pretty soon

(Actually Bob is in the best position to make a deal with the police, since all information and facts about the scam was volunteered by Bob).

I heard you're going to jail for prostituting yourself at a comicon convention dressed as a broken rubber
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 08:28:16 PM

@ The Sound And Fury

Magnificent!

Can't wait for the third act...
LEONPATTON

Activity: 170

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 09:37:20 PM

@ The Sound And Fury

Magnificent!

Can't wait for the third act...

Hello Bob
Cryptosis

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 09:46:12 PM

now I am working with law enforcement agencies to bring your David and the other crooks to justice.

LoL

Altcoin calling the cops on a crypto scam. Now that's entertainment.

Your about as in touch with "law enforcement" as I am with my late grandmother.

See if you can't get the news involved while your at it then we might have a chance of +$400 Bitcoin again  Wink

Smiley Smiley
Holy shit!
LEONPATTON

Activity: 170

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 09:46:37 PM

etc etc

Intermezzo:

BitSwift was her name.

To be continued.

You can weave your mills and boon amateur hour any way you want but we know your attempting to romanticize the thief known as Bob Surplus.
doogsan

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 09:56:57 PM

Bob's been working the radio scene too
threecats

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 10:14:12 PM

Hmm. I can see tragedies are not everyone's cup of tea.

Cryptosis

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 10:20:04 PM

Seems this wasn't the first project with the name bitbay to turn scam. When u read it sounds almost like a script for what has transpired over the last week. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=403076.0
doogsan

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 10:41:17 PM

Seems this wasn't the first project with the name bitbay to turn scam. When u read it sounds almost like a script for what has transpired over the last week. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=403076.0

Were you involved in that scam too?
dload.1
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1004

BTC

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 11:56:55 PM

:

lol ask bob i am sure he was  Cheesy
Cryptosis

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 12:50:05 AM

:

lol ask bob i am sure he was  Cheesy
No I wasn't I only found after the fact googling bitbay and it was way down the list. It was on crypto coin talk too. That thread is where the shit hit the fan and it's almost the same crap. Sold shares n one supposedly ran off with Half the btc n then the developer kept the project going sold more shares again n then ran off with the btc again. Turns out they were working the scheme the whole time, with a fake fight and fake split. Not saying that David is working the scam with bobby but holy crap how eerily close they are. Maybe bob stumbled on it and based his scam off of it. Speaking of I wonder who came up with the bitbay name etc.
gomei

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 01:01:34 AM

be sure to turn scam of bitbay?
price is bad.

.Ambit.    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
   Become part of the mining family   
✔ SECURED  │ WHITEPAPER │  ★ 171% ROI
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
The Sound And Fury

Activity: 30
Merit: 70

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 07:45:08 AM
Last edit: December 17, 2014, 07:56:38 AM by The Sound And Fury

Once upon a time there was a guy named Bob ....

Intermezzo:

Thank you.

Fuck BitWire.

BitSwift was her name.

Part 4. Little BitSwift and the Glory of Paul

For a hustler, or a grifter, or a down-on-his-luck dev, for foot soldiers in a pump group, for the leaders of a pump group, an ICO is a brilliant play.

The same cannot be said for an exchange owner. The same profits are there, but the risk is exponentially higher. After all, you are getting in bed with – let’s see. Hustlers. Grifters. Pumpers. Future ronin. And down-on-their-luck Devs.

One  must wonder. What was Lin thinking?

This is how a fake ICO works:

The foot soldiers commit to buying a certain amount the coin during the ICO. The leaders get 100% of the BTC generated from the ICO back, and refund the foot soldiers what they bought, without taking back the coins involved. This means the soldiers can sell these coins later at any price above 1 satoshi – and it is all pure profit, since they got their original BTC back already.

Of course fig leafs are needed for such a play. Large chunks of ICO are set aside for “marketing” and “development”. Conveniently, it is the ICO leaders who control these addresses.

One would think this sort of thing would eventually boomerang back on the leaders. And usually it does. But only for awhile. Because after the fud subsides, the only people left in the coin are those who are “investors”  and “believers”. And for very different reasons, these stakeholders have no interest in seeing truth emerge.

Investors don’t want to demand truth and accountability. That would tank the price forever and they would never be able to realize any gain, or even get out alive.

The believers are a species unto themselves. They develop a cult like devotion to the coin and its supposed technology, blocking out all reasonable outside voices. They cultivate a devotion to the leader of the coin – usually the dev – and join with him in his messianic complex,  which is defined roughly like this: CoinX is going to change the world, and the world doesn’t want that to happen. Paid forces are out to get the leader, and we must circle around him.

If it all gets too much, the leaders of the coin just remove it from the public eye. They retreat to a private forum or bb, where only the voices of the leader and followers can be heard.

That is how a fake ICO works.  This is how little BitSwift came into this world.

Electronic pulses are a beautiful thing. Those flickers of pixels on the screen that convey a tight, definite chunk of information, an amount, a number. They exist for just a few seconds, then suddenly are gone forever.

We were all watching those numbers weren’t we, my former brothers-in-arms? The night the BitSwift spoils were divided amongst us? Each of us in our individual darkened rooms the world over.... The numbers came up on the screen, one by one. The chat silent, so silent. We knew each other only by nicks. And in that silence, every thirty seconds, another one of our nicks was spoken.

Seconds after each name was spoken, a large quantity of Swift would flicker on to the screen, safely high in the order book, then immediately disappear. Another nick would be spoken. Another pool of silence. Another large sell appearing, then immediately cancelled. We were proving our buy-in, that we had in fact bought what we said we bought during the ICO.  Each of us in turn demonstrating allegiance, presenting blood - and few minutes later each of our wallets flickered with that lovely unconfimed transaction symbol - our foot-soldier's share of the BTC.

This was how little Bitswift was born.

In the days after the sold-out ICO we fell to work. There was a roadmap to write, whitepapers to be written, tweeting to be done. Everyone had a role to play. Our intention was to make Swift a real coin.

This was not entirely altruistic. We all held large amounts of Swift. The stronger the coin, the larger our reward. And almost to our surprise - little BitSwift was a scrappy little kid. She grew fast, like a puppy not spared the milk. And lucky for her, she had Paul.

Paul was a savant. There is no getting around that. It fell to Paul to define what Bitswift was because that was Paul’s forte – white papers, technology, and networks. And though none of us understood it at the time, this was a perfect match. BitSwift had no identity. It was a blank canvas, an uncarved chunk of marble. Paul could make anything he wanted of it.

These are renaissance metaphors, gentle reader, because only renaissance metaphors will suffice to convey what happened next. Michelangelo was given the Sistine Chapel. Paul was given little BitSwift. And just as the frescos soared across the vaulted ceilings of the Sistine, Paul’s savant, Hieronymic vision of all the block chain could ever be began to pour into BitSwift.  BitSwift would be the glory of Paul.

To Be Continued

1FSoiJ2eLKw4Gso8M1uF9jSnAmogx8Xtnr
The Sound And Fury

Activity: 30
Merit: 70

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 09:00:26 AM

Once upon a time there was a guy named Bob ....

Intermezzo:

Gentle reader, I am speaking to you.

My back is to the stage. Looking past me you can see  -can’t you? - that the stage has gone empty and quiet.

Where is Bob? He has not shown his face in days.

Where is Steven? He was moderating the “new, official” Bay thread. But he has not been there in days.

Where is David? He posted a long, rambling manifesto about the world conspiring against him, and then went silent.

Where is Paul? He has locked the official BitSwift thread and told his followers to board his ship and sail with him into the future.

Where is Lin? Where is the Salamander?

Gentle reader. We are early in the fourth act. The gruesome bloodletting of the past days has taken pause. The dogs of war have been kenneled. We do not know what happens next. Or perhaps we do. It is a Tragedy, after all.

We must continue with the Story of Bob. The best of times is over now. There is only self-destruction, treachery and revenge to come. We will see bagholders become backstabbers. We will see his group fall upon each other like wolves in a month-long spasm of greed, mistrust and betrayal that ends in the chaos of BitBay.

And it all began with the mole.

To Be Continued

1FSoiJ2eLKw4Gso8M1uF9jSnAmogx8Xtnr
funsponge

Activity: 776
Merit: 557

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 01:05:13 PM

why is this thread still here? Whoever is responsable of this thread should delete it or end it. Its causing alot of confussion . . .
Wutang-Bay

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 01:12:33 PM

why is this thread still here? Whoever is responsable of this thread should delete it or end it. Its causing alot of confussion . . .

No!! No confusion!! David work very hard!! Everyone new thread please!! Thankyou for continued support!! 2.0 technology coming soon!
Pages: « 1 ... 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 [253] 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: