Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:21:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3376904 times)
clanbake

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 05:06:26 AM
Last edit: November 25, 2014, 05:38:51 AM by clanbake

He Tweeted a couple of days ago about mintpress, but I knew they wouldn't buy his bullshit and the article was mainly about BITCOIN. HA! They are not a sleazy news site but they did quote him

“I don’t believe that the bitcoin has a chance to be a viable currency,” said Josh Garza, chief executive of GAW Miners, a cryptocurrency mining equipment retailer and consultancy. “One of the big confusions behind the bitcoin is that the great thing about the bitcoin is not the brand or the coin itself, but the technology behind it. It’s the blockchain that makes bitcoins great.

“There will never be a time that a normal consumer will be okay logging into their bank account and seeing a different amount in their account than the day before without spending any money. The viability of the bitcoin will never make the virtual currency palatable to the average American, when other platforms, such as PayPal, offers what bitcoins offer without the value fluctuations. Once the hype dissipates, the impracticality of the bitcoin will doom the cryptocurrency. But the blockchain will remain; it’s the future of how value will be recorded and shared.”

If you don't think bitcoin has a chance to be a viable currency, why buy the domain for 1mil?
Not 1 thing about hashstalker or any other hashcrap.

I don't believe in GAW but i bought WAGHash.com Smiley Its got a nice sound to it, a little like hogwash... I didn't pay for it with your money, and I only payed a few dollars for it though Smiley

WAG actually stands for Wise Ass Grin Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MOB

Activity: 493
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 05:11:01 AM

He Tweeted a couple of days ago about mintpress, but I knew they wouldn't buy his bullshit and the article was mainly about BITCOIN. HA! They are not a sleazy news site but they did quote him

“I don’t believe that the bitcoin has a chance to be a viable currency,” said Josh Garza, chief executive of GAW Miners, a cryptocurrency mining equipment retailer and consultancy. “One of the big confusions behind the bitcoin is that the great thing about the bitcoin is not the brand or the coin itself, but the technology behind it. It’s the blockchain that makes bitcoins great.

“There will never be a time that a normal consumer will be okay logging into their bank account and seeing a different amount in their account than the day before without spending any money. The viability of the bitcoin will never make the virtual currency palatable to the average American, when other platforms, such as PayPal, offers what bitcoins offer without the value fluctuations. Once the hype dissipates, the impracticality of the bitcoin will doom the cryptocurrency. But the blockchain will remain; it’s the future of how value will be recorded and shared.”

If you don't think bitcoin has a chance to be a viable currency, why buy the domain for 1mil?

I don't believe in GAW but i bought WAGHash.com Smiley Its got a nice sound to it, a little like hogwash... I didn't pay for it with your money, and I only payed a few dollars for it though Smiley

Love how Josh does not know the difference between viability and volatility. How the hell does Paypal offer the same thing that BTC offers? What about the blockchain that he mentions both before and after that sentence? Does Paypal have a public blockchain?

He sure is poor with words and logic.
bitcoinnoisseur

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 05:17:20 AM
Last edit: November 25, 2014, 04:15:13 PM by bitcoinnoisseur

Where the hell did he come up with the bitcoin? What is there only one Josh? He always sounds so f$%king dumb. If you're going to try and bullshit a lot of educated bankers you how the hell can you speak like this?

This is much more disturbing though: "...Josh Garza, chief executive of GAW Miners, a cryptocurrency mining equipment retailer and consultancy."

Exactly what mining equipment are they retailing? Who in the world are they consulting and about what?
DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2014, 05:43:29 AM

" Secondly, you guys claim that many of the posters on HT are like a cut, but what are you guys?  "  I think you might have wanted to say  " Secondly, you guys claim that many of the posters on HT are like a cult, but what are you guys? "  If that is what you ment to say then i will take some btc as donation  send to following address thanks      1Ey9neiKMvhGFWFiLbPtbTxCSg41dYrjwk   

I think he recently hired someone on HT to check his posts and fix errors. Which is not a bad idea actually. Just needs to be extended this to other media as well. His tweets are often abysmal.

BTW you did a typical grammar nazi slip here: "ment"  Grin
its ok i am low level joe with english as second language so im ok. Not all posh like other company ceos/ owners. I can check gaw posts and you check my post lol. I guess gaw can check yours then we will have love triangle lol

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
KC6TTR

Activity: 434
Merit: 259

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 05:57:59 AM

Meanwhile, some good reading while we welcome a new day of crypto-enlightenment.

http://www.coindesk.com/chinese-bitcoin-mining-firms-transparency-push

Scott-
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2014, 07:00:21 AM

For those here who do not have any "skin in the game" at GAW/Zen... what is your purpose?

the purpose of this community, as it has always been - to uphold the integrity of bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in general.

Fair enough.

I see some people with axes to grind because they feel cheated or attacked.  That I get.

But others with nothing but pure hate down to a personal level, I don't get.

We bare arms when Josh says Bitcoin has no future and paycoin is the future

raskul

Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 07:02:11 AM

For those here who do not have any "skin in the game" at GAW/Zen... what is your purpose?

the purpose of this community, as it has always been - to uphold the integrity of bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in general.

I fear that people are going to lose out hard in the long run, and cryptocurrency as a whole is going to take a hit.

Just last night some fellow showed off how many hashpoints he had, saying he got a loan to buy the hashlets to obtain all those HP. I feel so sorry for people like that, because it was a poor decision he made based on the mindless cheerleading that goes on over at HT. In his mind the success of paycoin is a sure thing and he's taking MASSIVE risks thinking he's going to make the money back.

If this thing goes under, there will be a LOT of people out of a LOT of money who will probably never come back to crypto ever again. IF this happens to turn out to all be a scam, it will only bring a bad name to Bitcoin and slow adoption even further.

This.

No crypto simply makes it big 'off the bat'.
The majority of bitcoin investors today were not even a part of it until they found out about it last winter.
If.. and it's a massive IF... if Paycoin ever becomes some kind of adopted payment method, it will be years down the line, and most likely after having fallen to the bottom, where all early adopters crash-out and cashout at a serious loss.

as with any investment, there is no such thing as a 'get-rich-quick' scheme. and the sheer expectancy that this clonecoin is going to make anyone except Josh and his muckers rich, is pure fantasy. 99% of shitcoins are designed to do just that - fill the pockets of the developers. This, is no different and it has ALL the indicators to show that it's the case.

To lie about having mainstream retailers bought into this, should give some food for thought in the first instance.

It's horrible how naive, people can be but those are not the people who should be scorned. This fanboy thing tends to become infectious.

Take this... the next time you read something posted on an internet forum which excites you; please take some time to think to yourself... 'how can I research this, to find out if it's true.'

Cynicism is your best protection in this day and age

MHO.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2014, 07:03:25 AM

Either way, as others have said before, Paycoin launch is going to be EPIC:

if it succeeds, so many people will have to eat their words. In general, crypto acceptancy would be accelerated, so a good thing. Except, it would negate some of Bitcoin's most valuable assets, primarily that of decentralisation.

if it fails, many more people will take a huge monetary loss and also loss of faith in cryptocurrency as a whole, especially the newcomers and firm believers that have never been able to achieve full ROI.

Most people that made a profit, like me, did so through selling their cheap primes they got around 17$ for much more (40-50$) through GAW's market, whereby GAW actually gained another 10% of all sales as a fee. Win situation for GAW and the seller, not for the buyer though, since Paycoin's failure would be most likely to wipe GAW from the scene.

It will be very interesting to see how this situation develops in the near future. Personally, I think it can still swing both ways, although I am rather pessimistic at this moment.

Are you proud of scamming others? You basically stole money from others.

bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2014, 07:07:31 AM

I was scammed by neo bee which had far far far less red flags than this shit

raskul

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 07:10:33 AM

i've been involved in many many altcoin launches.

none of those coins sustained value on the markets to which they were placed.
I'm not saying I was scammed, as i'm a miner, not an investor but there is a modus operandi which is used by developers who, all they are intent on, is lining their own pockets.

'Initial Coin Offerings' should have died a serious death by now. It's frightening that people still buy into these.

bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2014, 07:29:58 AM

i've been involved in many many altcoin launches.

none of those coins sustained value on the markets to which they were placed.
I'm not saying I was scammed, as i'm a miner, not an investor but there is a modus operandi which is used by developers who, all they are intent on, is lining their own pockets.

'Initial Coin Offerings' should have died a serious death by now. It's frightening that people still buy into these.

It's disgusting they prey on newbies but then again these people only want to cloud mine and shitcoin. Easy profits they think. While hodling Bitcoin is too much work. No commitment, no reward. Shitcoin can't succeed since there's a new "improved" coin everyday.

Anyone that supports gaw is agreeing with homero saying Bitcoin isn't viable so they all can lose everything together. Cant wait for homero to get butt fucked in jail with his boi face.

raskul

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 07:41:25 AM

indeed. most of those newbies are just kids with no financial or investment experience.
I must also say, that this scam is no threat to Bitcoin whatsoever. There have been so many others like it before (failed) and there will, undoubtedly be others which go after it.
A real cryptocurrency entrepreneur in today's market, will use the already proven protocols, as it is recognised that those already proven protocols are in fact, *quite* widely adopted. An example of why this GAW scam is doomed to failure is this : Whilst watching the market yesterday (Kraken) I seen a swift €28,000 buy up of Bitcoin, the price of BTC hardly even flinched while a similar sell-off, only a half hour later, dropped the rolling price by €5.

This morning, that €5 has been recovered and bitcoin continues it's current trend.

Shall we see this 'paycoin' sustain such volatility? I can answer that question with one simple statement.

Once it crashes, it won't get back up again.

kids... fear the worse for your 'investments'.. or shall we just call them 'donations' now and be done with it?

AtomicFrost

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 08:25:27 AM

I'm betting that they'll use a service like PR Newswire. Pay them and they'll send whatever you makeup to a large number of news sites. The news sites (Like CNN) then just repost the PR letter verbatim. I'd be incredibly surprised if they get a legitimate interview from any of these larger news sites.

Unfortunately, it looks like I was right.  Cry

This is going to be a blood bath if / when PayCoin implodes. Way too many people are investing everything they have in this crap. 
galdur

Activity: 616

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 08:40:58 AM

Can´t wait to read those interviews. Probably just a slight delay.

Update: All interviews are done (CNN, WSJ, Fortune Magazine, Venture). They do not tell us specific dates and times (for whatever reason) so now we wait. I should know they day it goes out. Personally, I think the first one will be the WSJ. We will definitely see some Monday Smiley

https://hashtalk.org/topic/18452/hashcoin-ico-media-tour-update

deeneendo

Activity: 155
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 08:49:03 AM

@bitpop: you asked me:

Well, let me answer this for you: at the moment when I sold (between 1 and 4 hours after they launched the market) I was glad to get out. I had lost faith in the CEO's idle promises and botched features and wanted to recover my money to invest somewhere else. I do not call that scamming. It's called demand/supply market rules. Nobody at that time could have known how bad this would turn only weeks later, since at that time, there was no talk of Hashcoin/Paycoin yet.

I do not see any reasons to be ashamed of my actions. Any trade creates advantages/disadvantages for the parties involved that they agree to, or else there would be no trade. I am sure you are intelligent enough that I do not need to explain the rules of free economy to you. I never made false claims or promises to the people who bought my hashlets, and I have certainly never stolen anything from anybody, so I have nothing to feel bad about.

So, get off your high horse. As a legendary user of this forum, you should know better than coming after me, who liquidated my assets for lack of "belief" or "faith" in that sweet-talking Josh, a decision which any person with minimal business intelligence can condone.

lyth0s
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 09:00:18 AM

So I've found GAW's actual hardware delivery times and speeds to always be 100% accurate. I found that their cloud services were initially paying out very well and fees were reasonable. Now that the fees = payouts which leaves almost nothing for actual BTC returns I'm worried. The fact that they have not yet restructured their fees worries me more. The fact that they just pushed back their whole hashcoin ICO for another "2 weeks" (I shit you not, 14 days), sounds wayyyy to familiar to another BS mining company (ehem BFL).

It is coming to the point that I may stop promoting them as a legit company. At bare minimum the fees need to be changed. I already ROI'd a long time ago, but now my hashlets are nearly useless.

Monero - Truly Anonymous Digital Cash. Bitcoin Reading List 2017
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2014, 09:08:22 AM

So where's the wsj interview I mean paid pr article

bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2014, 09:09:33 AM

@bitpop: you asked me:

Well, let me answer this for you: at the moment when I sold (between 1 and 4 hours after they launched the market) I was glad to get out. I had lost faith in the CEO's idle promises and botched features and wanted to recover my money to invest somewhere else. I do not call that scamming. It's called demand/supply market rules. Nobody at that time could have known how bad this would turn only weeks later, since at that time, there was no talk of Hashcoin/Paycoin yet.

I do not see any reasons to be ashamed of my actions. Any trade creates advantages/disadvantages for the parties involved that they agree to, or else there would be no trade. I am sure you are intelligent enough that I do not need to explain the rules of free economy to you. I never made false claims or promises to the people who bought my hashlets, and I have certainly never stolen anything from anybody, so I have nothing to feel bad about.

So, get off your high horse. As a legendary user of this forum, you should know better than coming after me, who liquidated my assets for lack of "belief" or "faith" in that sweet-talking Josh, a decision which any person with minimal business intelligence can condone.

Well I'm glad you got out but there's people out there still pumping, hence the reason you were able to exit with a profit and that enrages me. These miners should never increase with them being fake, increased fees and difficulty and lower Bitcoin price.

raskul

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 09:22:24 AM

So where's the wsj interview I mean paid pr article

Fortune invariably go in depth about how much money the endeavour will reap in for the company involved.
I'll be keen to read this.

galdur

Activity: 616

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 09:51:43 AM

Not that many people get to be interviewed by CNN, WSJ, Fortune Magazine and Venture
on the same day or two. HashTitan hasn´t mentioned the planned Wall St. IPO for the
co. lately but that must be on track. Hoping to see it mentioned in the interviews.

Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 2458 »
  Print  

Jump to: