Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:04:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3376885 times)
Snipe85

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

Infleum

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 06:49:12 PM

I asked Josh that personally about 2 months ago and his response was that if I need this proof then he doesn't want me to invest. What business in their right freaking minds would deny themselves money when all they have to do is show us that they do what they say they do. I would love to see what blocks they found in the past 3 months but that will NEVER happen.

Imagine asking a chief his recipe after eating at his restaurant

"If you don't feel comfortable about what i put in your food i don't want you to come again eat at my restaurant"

I would be pretty worried what nasty things this weirdo chief had put in my food actually  Cheesy
Not a chief but chef and what if he said "the receipe is a secret" and you started screaming that he tried to poison you and is probably serving rat meat? That's what some people are doing when they hear the words "cloud mining" Cheesy

"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 07:00:27 PM

I asked Josh that personally about 2 months ago and his response was that if I need this proof then he doesn't want me to invest. What business in their right freaking minds would deny themselves money when all they have to do is show us that they do what they say they do. I would love to see what blocks they found in the past 3 months but that will NEVER happen.

"If you don't feel comfortable about what i put in your food i don't want you to come again eat at my restaurant"

I would be pretty worried what nasty things this weirdo chief had put in my food actually  Cheesy
Not a chief but chef and what if he said "the receipe is a secret" and you started screaming that he tried to poison you and is probably serving rat meat? That's what some people are doing when they hear the words "cloud mining" Cheesy

In most non-fast-food restaurants - you know, the ones that could possibly have "secrets" - you don't pay for the meal until you're done. Why don't we try to find analogies that actually make sense.
elkrisi

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 07:14:30 PM

Pictures of hardware would help, but people can and will argue about it.

Forget the datacenter. the point is the blockchain. Show us on the blockchain. Show the freshly mined coin being created and going to a customer. You are giving them mine to mine coins for you, they should be able to show us the coin.

I think the most idiotic response to that was Chief Technical Officer using pink spray to write on the floor "this is my home"  Grin

This wins the Technical Moron of the Year award!
Snipe85

Activity: 756

Infleum

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 07:20:06 PM

In most non-fast-food restaurants - you know, the ones that could possibly have "secrets" - you don't pay for the meal until you're done. Why don't we try to find analogies that actually make sense.

Ok, here's one for you. Try persuading the owner of a restaurant that his prices are too high. Chances are you'll be asked to leave.

knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 07:20:24 PM

soo those prices on the morning primes reaching 100 dollars what where that does anyone knows?i had boosted 5 minutes before i saw such primes getting sold fast missed it arghhhh it were some bug or really happened? Undecided
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 07:21:53 PM

Zdnet author trying to ban Bitcoin, possible connections to paycoin?

http://www.zdnet.com/meet-the-team/us/ken.hess/

suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 07:26:16 PM

soo those prices on the morning primes reaching 100 dollars what where that does anyone knows?i had boosted 5 minutes before i saw such primes getting sold fast missed it arghhhh it were some bug or really happened? Undecided

Looks like there was some buying frenzy due to last night's announcement and most sellers were asleep Smiley

Back to normal now.
welchy8764

Activity: 262

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 07:32:03 PM

https://hashtalk.org/topic/19898/meet-the-team-behind-gaw

Who is the dev team for Paycoin? Lots of GAW resistance against getting the information. Most ICO's definitely list developers and the dev's support issues. What is GAW doing? using helpdesk? This should be good!!
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 07:32:39 PM

Ok, here's one for you. Try persuading the owner of a restaurant that his prices are too high. Chances are you'll be asked to leave.

And that is relevant how exactly? I though we were discussing proof of mining. I'm not trying to tell anyone how much they need to charge for a product or a service.
knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 07:38:44 PM

Looks like there was some buying frenzy due to last night's announcement and most sellers were asleep Smiley

Back to normal now.

those announcements are based on the paybase? or something else ?
clanbake

Activity: 86

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 08:02:30 PM

And that is relevant how exactly? I though we were discussing proof of mining. I'm not trying to tell anyone how much they need to charge for a product or a service.

Guys, stop comparing mining to dining:) My point was that if GAW sells me 100GH of mining power, they should easily (like everybody else that actually mines) be able to show me some proof that my 100GH is even running 24/7. If that 100GH of mining power is not being used but they are charging me daily for electricity and other maintenance ON AN ACTUAL MINER than wouldn't that be fraud?
corygto

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 08:11:17 PM

Guys, stop comparing mining to dining:) My point was that if GAW sells me 100GH of mining power, they should easily (like everybody else that actually mines) be able to show me some proof that my 100GH is even running 24/7. If that 100GH of mining power is not being used but they are charging me daily for electricity and other maintenance ON AN ACTUAL MINER than wouldn't that be fraud?

I brought all that up on HT forums. I even showed them a simple way that Josh could prove that a mining address was his.

They flat out refuse. That's about as sketchy as it gets if you ask me  Roll Eyes
galdur

Activity: 616

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 08:12:49 PM

After BTC went under 400 back there they´ve reverted to
manipulating that hashmarket by tanking payouts and thus
driving money into that prime thing, rewarding early investors.

This coin thing is part of it. It´s all about buying time.

bumpershot

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 08:16:00 PM

I don't think it's fraud because of the way the terms of service are written. There might be other legal problems with it, but they're pretty upfront about what they could possibly be doing. Direct renting of mining power is only one possibility.
SLVR4ME

Activity: 120

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 08:23:28 PM

Ive waited awhile to post here, but have been reading every post since the OP.

@clanbake your comment was too tempting for me not to reply...
Regarding if GAW sold you 100GH and not using it etc. The answer to your question regarding fraud is simple:
Are you still being paid for 100GH of hashing power?
If so, then there is your answer.

Do you know where your gasoline comes from? I bet you dont "care" as long as you get as many gallons as you paid for, and your car drives when you hit the gas pedal.

Has anyone who has bought into GAWs cloud hashing service not been paid the daily BTC that the pool claims were earned?
If GAW is missing payments or not paying their customers at all, then that changes the landscape entirely, but until then, suggestions of "fraud" are alittle extreme IMHO.

This topic is very heated, and its very clear that there are many members on both sides.
I think it would serve the crypto community as a whole if everyone would remain calm and use logic, facts, maturity and tact.

Cheers
galdur

Activity: 616

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 08:27:50 PM

I don't think it's fraud because of the way the terms of service are written. There might be other legal problems with it, but they're pretty upfront about what they could possibly be doing. Direct renting of mining power is only one possibility.

There´s not a snowball´s chance in hell to get a negative
or proforma 1 satoshi yield from mining BTC and/or shitcoins

consistently

Has to be some sort of manipulation if that is claimed.

corygto

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 08:39:12 PM

Regarding if GAW sold you 100GH and not using it etc. The answer to your question regarding fraud is simple:

Do you know where your gasoline comes from? I bet you dont "care" as long as you get as many gallons as you paid for, and your car drives when you hit the gas pedal.

Has anyone who has bought into GAWs cloud hashing service not been paid the daily BTC that the pool claims were earned?
If GAW is missing payments or not paying their customers at all, then that changes the landscape entirely, but until then, suggestions of "fraud" are alittle extreme IMHO.

This topic is very heated, and its very clear that there are many members on both sides.
I think it would serve the crypto community as a whole if everyone would remain calm and use logic, facts, maturity and tact.

Cheers

But you see, many of them aren't receiving that 100GH of power. They are getting literally 1 satoshi for a MH of power on most of their hashlets. So by your analogy, they are paying for 10 gallons of gas and getting a few fluid ounces in their tank.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 08:41:16 PM

If i was mining on a fury @ 1MH - 40w its negative two cents, them charging .08$ for hosting (electric,maintenance and just a fee) it is easy to see negative on the .00018 is the current multipool rate and that will earn .06$ worth of btc, with the .08$ for operating fee it's obvious how you get satoshi.

40w/mh is horrible for scrypt. Alcheminer hardware is less than 9w/mh.

0.009kw * 0.05/kwh * 24 = $0.011/day. What ever happened to the always profitable/reducing fees/huge economies of scale?
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 08:46:44 PM

If i was mining on a fury @ 1MH - 40w its negative two cents, them charging .08$ for hosting (electric,maintenance and just a fee) it is easy to see negative on the .00018 is the current multipool rate and that will earn .06$ worth of btc, with the .08$ for operating fee it's obvious how you get satoshi.

40w/mh is horrible for scrypt. Alcheminer hardware is less than 9w/mh.

0.009kw * 0.05/kwh * 24 = $0.011/day. What ever happened to the always profitable/reducing fees/huge economies of scale?
That hasn't happened yet, fees are said to be announced soon but who knows, maintenance fees are always the big part of any cloud mining and with the price of Bitcoin being where it's at it's no surprise ROI isn't happening as quick, this is the same for any miner everywhere except GAW has promised reducing fee's we just have to see when they will reduce, Hashlets are still fairly new it may be a planned quarterly thing, semi-annual or yearly we don't know yet and as i'm sure many are concerned if it will ever happen.

"always profitable" doesn't mean profitable only when GAW decides.
clanbake

Activity: 86

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 08:47:17 PM

Cheers

Hmm, of all the posts, this is the one you had to respond to... Smiley

You can compare it to whatever you want, I guess. In the end, if I think Im getting super unleaded but Im only getting unleaded, yea, that's a big red flag. In my case it was more like they cheated at the pump. I paid for 10 dollars worth but only got about 2 dollars worth.

BTW - You should take your own advise, focus on the the logic, facts, and maturity part Smiley

Cheers!
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 2458 »
  Print  

Jump to: