Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:33:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 97 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ Cloudmining 101 (ponzi risk assessment) ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁  (Read 361307 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
flyingplows

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 09:00:41 PM

btw i even liked hashie and i listen to their goodbye song once in a while, i dont blame them - i got tranfered to amhash, all i blame is you  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 09:03:35 PM

of course i was ... Grin i just wanted to become a hero member and start my own rating thread Grin

You should start your own thread. A good title would be "flyingplows misinformation and baseless ratings thread".
eneloop
Legendary

Activity: 1513
Merit: 1040

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 09:03:57 PM

Please use the edit button.
Puppet (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 09:12:36 PM

p.s. the way you defend this puppet makes your rating irrelevant - if what you say is supposed to be true then your rating is of no value, you should rename it scam rating not ponzi rating and include very different and deeper criteria... Roll Eyes

Whats the difference between scam rating and ponzi rating?

What you dont seem to understand is that Im quite sure about the sites labeled scam being scams , and that is the reason for this thread. What I cant know, nor pretend to know is what investments in companies that arent obvious scams will pan out or fail for whatever reasons. Thats where your own due diligence and risk assessment comes in, and blaming me for your failure at that is quite unfair.

Im also tired of hearing I promoted AM, when it got the same rating as Hashnest (am I promoting that too now?) and the same rating even as Cryptx which I had been arguing for months was a monumentally stupid investment. But all these companies did prove not being obvious ponzi's without hashrate, and were scored as such.

But the ONLY thing I ever promoted is keeping your coins in a cold wallet. I never promoted anything else. Had you actually listened to me, you wouldnt have lost a satoshi.
flyingplows

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 09:15:34 PM

p.s. the way you defend this puppet makes your rating irrelevant - if what you say is supposed to be true then your rating is of no value, you should rename it scam rating not ponzi rating and include very different and deeper criteria... Roll Eyes

Whats the difference between scam rating and ponzi rating?

What you dont seem to understand is that Im quite sure about the sites labeled scam being scams , and that is the reason for this thread. What I cant know, nor pretend to know is what investments in companies that arent obvious scams will pan out or fail for whatever reasons. Thats where your own due diligence and risk assessment comes in, and blaming me for your failure at that is quite unfair.

Im also tired of hearing I promoted AM, when it got the same rating as Hashnest (am I promoting that too now?) and the same rating even as Cryptx which I had been arguing for months was a monumentally stupid investment. But all these companies did prove not being obvious ponzi's without hashrate, and were scored as such.

But the ONLY thing I ever promoted is keeping your coins in a cold wallet. I never promoted anything else. Had you actually listened to me, you wouldnt have lost a satoshi.

''the difference between scam rating and ponzi rating?''

well according to you amhash is not a ponzi but its a scam and everybody knows it by now, it is one of the biggest if not the biggest scam of 2014 cloudmining

Puppet (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 09:24:26 PM

well according to you amhash is not a ponzi but its a scam and everybody knows it by now, it is one of the biggest if not the biggest scam of 2014 cloudmining

Where do I say its a scam? I have no idea what is going on at AM. And I sure as hell couldnt have predicted it anyhow.

But if you expect me to predict which established legitimate companies will turn in to scams in the future, Id sure love to hear what criteria you would apply.  Post them in your own thread, lets see how you do. Lets see if you correctly predict the next KnC, Avalon or possibly, AM.  I dont have that pretense, Il stick to predicting the next pbmining.
l3sny

Activity: 859
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 09:29:29 PM

Look Pup, you have had such nobile intentions, you have became even popular, an authority in the field of ponzis and scams of all sorts in bitcoin mining and look what happened? You were fooled, not your fault but still someone followed your recommendation/opinion and lost.

▄▄▓▓█▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓██▓▄▄
             ▄▓█▓▀                ▀▓█▓█
          ▄▓█▓      ▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄▄      ▀█▓▄
        ▄▓██    ▄▓▓██████████████▓▓▄    ██▓▄
       ▓██    ▓▓████████▓▀▀██████████▓    ██▓
      ▓█░   █▓█████▓▀ ▓██  ▓██ ▀▓▓█████▓    ▓▓
     ▓█    ▓█████▀  ▄▓▓██████▓▓▓▄  ▓████▓    ██
    ▓██   █████▓ ▄▓▓  ▄██░▐███▄ ▀▓▓ ░▓███▓   ██▓
    ██    █████ █▓  ▓████░▐████▓█ █▓ ░█████   ██
    ██   ▐████ ▐█  ▓█████░▐██████░ █▌ █████   ██░
    ██   ▐████ ▐██ ▓█████░▐█████▓ █▓ ░█████   ██░
    ██    ████▓ █▓█ ▀▓▓██░▐██▓▓  █▓  ▓████    ██
    ▐█▓  ░████▓▄  ▀▓▓▄▄██░▐███▄▓▓  █▓████░   ██▌
     ▐██   ▓████▓▄▄  ▀██░▐███  ▄▓▓████▓░   ██▓
      ▐█▓    █▓██████▓▓██████▓▓████████    ▐█▓
       ▐█▓▄    ▀▓██████████████████▓▀    ▄▓██
         ▐█▓▄     ▀▀▓▓████████▓▓▀▀     ▄▓██
            ▓██▄                    ▄█▓▓▀
              ▀▓█▓▓▄▄          ▄▄▓▓█▓▀
                   ▀▀▓▓██████▓▓▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Together we can change
❍ ❍ ❍........the internet........❍ ❍ ❍
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Social Media.
▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
               ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
             ▄███`  ,▄▄,   ▀██▄
            ▐██▀  ▄███████   ██▌
          ,▄███   ████████▌  ▐██▄,
      ,▄███████▄  █▄▄██▄▄█  ▄███████▄▄
     ██████████████████████████████████,
    ▐████▌   ██████████████████   ▐█████
     ▀████▄▄████████▀  "████████▄▄████▀
       `▀████████████▄▄████████████▀▀
            '▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀▀
         ▄▄                      ▄▄
        ███          ▄▄⌐         ███
       ███           ██▌          ▀██
      ███            ██▌           ▀██
                     ██▌
RussianRaibow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

I AM A SCAMMER

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 09:31:39 PM

How is AMPonziHash not downgraded yet? I see it as 0-7 still...regardless of situation they have been a Ponzi for months.

I think, as a trusted member of the community, you should come forward and leave -ve feedback on FriedCat and Puppet, so that no more newbie gets fooled by these scammers. The scam has happened in this case. It is not a conjecture any more...

I AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMER
jimmothy

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 09:35:46 PM

How is AMPonziHash not downgraded yet? I see it as 0-7 still...regardless of situation they have been a Ponzi for months.

I think, as a trusted member of the community, you should come forward and leave -ve feedback on FriedCat and Puppet, so that no more newbie gets fooled by these scammers. The scam has happened in this case. It is not a conjecture any more...

Or even better, give russianrainbow/germangiant/spanishsoldier (all the same person) negative feedback for promoting and likely operating the most obvious ponzi known as cloudmining.website.
flyingplows

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 09:39:53 PM

Where do I say its a scam? I have no idea what is going on at AM. And I sure as hell couldnt have predicted it anyhow.

But if you expect me to predict which established legitimate companies will turn in to scams in the future, Id sure love to hear what criteria you would apply.  Post them in your own thread, lets see how you do. Lets see if you correctly predict the next KnC, Avalon or possibly, AM.  I dont have that pretense, Il stick to predicting the next pbmining.

1. you did not say AM is scam, but it turned out to be a scam with excuses comparable to hashie and everyone here is aware of this (you just read those insane theft excuses that are impossible to even happen)
btw, its still a mystery for me: are those native people there in china are such stupid that believe this shit of amhash or amhash thinks people in west are so sick anybody would believe those things about friedcat, theft, etc.
2. AM is no more.
3. i dont have my own thread, i said i'll start my own if you get out of this dry Wink
4. of course you could have predicted it - two nearly bankrupt companies, both out of the business at that moment making last attempt to scam on obsolete hardware... man, i wish i learned about crypto a few months earlier...
 Cheesy

jimmothy

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 09:42:39 PM

3. i dont have my own thread, i said i'll start my own if you get out of this dry Wink

Please do that and stop posting in this thread. You've made it obvious by now that you have no clue what you're talking about.
RussianRaibow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

I AM A SCAMMER

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 09:43:33 PM

Or even better, give russianrainbow/germangiant/spanishsoldier (all the same person) negative feedback for promoting and likely operating the most obvious ponzi known as cloudmining.website.

How funny... I never took part in any sig campaign at all !!! Roll Eyes

I'm repeating the portion of my text to justify the -ve feedback on FriedCat and Puppet.

The scam has happened in this case. It is not a conjecture any more...

I AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMER
Puppet (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 09:45:03 PM

Look Pup, you have had such nobile intentions, you have became even popular, an authority in the field of ponzis and scams of all sorts in bitcoin mining and look what happened? You were fooled, not your fault but still someone followed your recommendation/opinion and lost.

I wasnt fooled. Surprised, yes, not fooled because I never claimed or thought I could predict the future of every company or everything in the universe. You see, I dont play on the lottery or try to predict the numbers. I do predict my neighbour will lose on his lottery investments, and I tend to get that right pretty much all the time. And yet, you could say I get surprised by every lottery drawing, but its ridiculous to say I get fooled by them just because I didnt predict them.

And anyone who "followed my recommendation/opinion" would still have all his coins in his wallet. If you bought AMhash or anything else listed in the OP, then you did not follow my recommendation. If that turns out badly, thats on you, not on me.
Puppet (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 09:47:09 PM

4. of course you could have predicted it -

So why didnt you?
flyingplows

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 09:55:02 PM

4. of course you could have predicted it -

So why didnt you?

because i just entered crypto at that point, you can see this on account creation Smiley and i was misled by you..
now i could predict it Smiley

oh and to that jimoty or whatever shill - you go bash amhash now as you did on gaw cause gaw is an angel in the way they scammed their customers compared to this china corrupt bastards shit

Puppet (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 10:01:27 PM

because i just entered crypto at that point, you can see this on account creation Smiley and i was misled by you..

Right. So you ignored my sound advice of not buying any cloudmining. Then you where too lazy to do your own due diligence to find out what you now say was so obvious. And then when something happened that no one predicted (only you would have),  you blame me for not predicting it?  I have two more words for you: fuck you.
Now stay out of this thread.
jimmothy

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 10:02:24 PM

oh and to that jimoty or whatever shill - you go bash amhash now as you did on gaw cause gaw is an angel in the way they scammed their customers compared to this china corrupt bastards shit

I'll hop on the amhash hate train as soon as it's proven to be a scam. At this point the only evidence that it's a scam is the fact that payments have stopped and the CEO is missing. I am not going to lie and say it's definitely not a scam, but in my opinion I find it much more likely that their story is legit. (hardware stolen)

You must not be following the whole GAW scam if you think they treated their customers better. GAW led on their investors for ~6 months promising every week that profit is just over the horizon. Now xpy is worth 1/25th of what was promised.

If this is the end for amhash, people who bought at IPO would have a ~40% loss. Meanwhile GAW/xpy investors are looking at a 90-95% loss in btc.
flyingplows

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 10:07:17 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2015, 10:31:29 AM by flyingplows

p.s. puppet, before i log off i must say that i forgive you... since it was just a start for me it was not a big sum, but i advise others not to trust your rating cause u get scammed like me...
p.s.2. stay tunned for my own thread: ▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ Cloudmining 101 (ponzi/scam risk evaluators shills assessment) ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁ )  Grin Grin Grin
p.s.3. fuck you too and of course your acc clones too  Wink

BombaUcigasa
Legendary

Activity: 1442

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 10:20:07 PM

Cut the bullshit.

He can't predict thefts and bankruptcy. He only signaled which companies were guaranteed to scam you 100% of your money because they were lying about their business model.

AMhash operated according to all points until recently. This thread doesn't protect you from business failure, it protects you from obvious business fraud.
Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 10:58:45 PM

The scam has happened in this case. It is not a conjecture any more...

You are missing the main point of this thread, the clue is in the topic title where it says "ponzi risk assessment" and not "scam risk assessment"

But putting that fact aside you ignored the huge disclaimer in the first post that in summary says "investing in cloud mining is probably a daft idea"

Here is my summary of ALL cloudmining operations, that I posted in the spondoolies thread a while ago

There are only 2 types of cloud mining available

Genuine
Backed by real hardware and priced so that the provider makes all their profit up front, buyers take all the risk and if they are really really really really really lucky might start making a profit 6-12 months down the line, but with rising difficulty or falling BTC you can soon see a contract end up cancelled long before that point (see Usimoo, cex etc)
Chance of ROI <5%

Ponzi
Priced so that it appears the buyer will start making a profit in a much shorter timespan to make it appealing. Backed by no hardware at all and the operator runs away as soon as new suckers are sending in less money than the old suckers are withdrawing (see pbmining, hashie and a long list of others)
Chance of ROI <1%

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 97 »
  Print  

Jump to: