Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:38:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ Cloudmining 101 (ponzi risk assessment) ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁  (Read 361307 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
flyingplows

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 07:39:45 AM

Wait, so genesis mining isn't 100% confirmed legit either?

Legit or not.. you'll not gonna make any money with them. I tried it myself it's only a loss.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Indianacoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 10:56:47 AM

Code:
genesis-mining.com    1+2+7              => 3/7 = Probably legit.

1) No public mining address / no user selectable pool.
A cloud mining company that won't let you direct the hashrate to your pool of choosing and can't prove its actually mining bitcoins itself, is very likely a scam. There is no reason to hide mining address or not sign blocks. None!

2) No endorsement from any ASIC vendor.
ASIC vendors will gladly make a simple post to show the company in question is a significant customer of theirs. Its free advertisement for them and it helps their customer grow their business, so there is absolutely no reason they wouldn't. If a (cloud) mining company cant get any ASIC vendor to post such endorsement, you should assume they don't have any hardware to mine with.

7) No exit strategy.
If you can't sell your position, you can't get your money out. That's the ideal case for a ponzi and allows it to run for a  long time.

Hope this helps!
herjahto

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 03:03:54 AM

scrypsty.com 2 day down server no payout ..what happenss
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2015, 03:15:52 AM

Looks like ponzi successfully completed.
TheIZS

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 12:29:38 AM

Code:

A cloud mining company that won't let you direct the hashrate to your pool of choosing and can't prove its actually mining bitcoins itself, is very likely a scam. There is no reason to hide mining address or not sign blocks. None!

ASIC vendors will gladly make a simple post to show the company in question is a significant customer of theirs. Its free advertisement for them and it helps their customer grow their business, so there is absolutely no reason they wouldn't. If a (cloud) mining company cant get any ASIC vendor to post such endorsement, you should assume they don't have any hardware to mine with.

7) No exit strategy.
If you can't sell your position, you can't get your money out. That's the ideal case for a ponzi and allows it to run for a  long time.

Hope this helps!

They have a close relationship with Spoondoolies. In fact they manage a cloudmining site for Spoondoolies. The mining address is public on their site. Really you need to be careful on the "never had a miss" thread that still lists GAW and AM Hash in the NOT A SCAM section. Come on Puppet 80% is still a good record, but a miss is a miss.

1KRuaLy9R7r328m2H67xxnJ8QeAbvCDe6C

Mr. GARBOZO you lost your bet pay up 100BTC
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 09:43:01 AM

Code:

7) No exit strategy.

Hope this helps!

They have a close relationship with Spoondoolies. In fact they manage a cloudmining site for Spoondoolies. The mining address is public on their site. Really you need to be careful on the "never had a miss" thread that still lists GAW and AM Hash in the NOT A SCAM section. Come on Puppet 80% is still a good record, but a miss is a miss.

Genesis is legit, there are hundred videos online showing their farms. The problem is they re not profitable.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 09:59:24 AM

Code:

7) No exit strategy.

Hope this helps!

To be fair, he listed GAW as
Based on wider context: more suspicious than a nun squatting in a cucumber field

As for AM Hash, there was no section in his analysis for "CEO legs it out of the blue one day".

They have a close relationship with Spoondoolies. In fact they manage a cloudmining site for Spoondoolies. 

That should be a plus, but after news about the BTCS merger progress, not so sure. If Spondoolies get dragged under by the lack of capital, what are the implications for large users of their equipment?

http://www.coindesk.com/btcs-filing-substantial-doubt-bitcoin-firms-future/

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
muna

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 12:57:43 AM

Say ADIOS to your BTC and GHS. Next scam collapse.. Game over!
Borgminer

Activity: 758
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 08:57:46 AM

100 percent legit and profitable at current btc rate . if btc falls under 250 you prolly wont earn profit
tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 02:34:15 PM

Another 7/7 screaming scam https://cloudhours.net/.
Just posting it get it in the Search system.

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
AJRGale

Activity: 767

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 12:20:54 AM

Another I came across: bitcoinmining.me no info on the site, and free 350GH/s that you need to spend real btc to get profits out..
Obviously not a scam!

So 7/7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. I say 7 for the the free 350GHs
blg42598

Activity: 867
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 10:17:39 PM

HashFlare?
BTCBinary

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 08:19:16 PM

These guys are just one more ponzi scheme. This is the type of thing that gives a really bad name to digital currency.
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 08:13:23 AM

HashFlare?

Dont know about hashflare. There re couple of videos of their miners online and a separate company selling them. Not enough data for a company of their size but at least they have something. Experiences?

Tstar
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

Decentralized Asset Management Platform

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 05:36:27 PM

HashFlare?

Dont know about hashflare. There re couple of videos of their miners online and a separate company selling them. Not enough data for a company of their size but at least they have something. Experiences?

They are based in Tallin, Estonia the same as another collapsed cloudmining scam cointellect and that is very suspicious. They now have some photographs but I would not invest a single satoshi in there. Stay away.
The actual graphics of the internet site reminded me of cointellect.

███████████████████████████
████▄▀▀▀███████████████████
█████▄    ▀▀▀██████████████
██████▄▄       ▀▀▀█████████
███████▀██▄▄        ▀▀█████
████████   ▀▀▀      ▄██████
█████████▄▄       ▄████████
█████████  ▀▀   ▄██████████
██████████    ▄████████████
███████████ ▄██████████████
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄██████
███████████████████████████
.COOK.
     Decentralized Asset Management Platform     
│▐ █     WHITEPAPER   │   TWITTER   │   LINKEDIN   │   TELEGRAM     █ ▌│
          ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀█████▄▄
███████████████▄▄█▀██████

█████████████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████████
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀███████▀███▄█
█████████████████████▀███▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
▀█████████████▀█████████▀▀▀
       ██ ▀█▀ ▄██
       ▀██▄ ▄███▀
        ▀▀████▀▀
✔  Accessible
✔  Secure
✔  Transparent
Marbit

Activity: 686

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 08:58:04 AM

What are legit cloud mining companies based on China? I would like some input on this from people who have knowledge of their operations. Smiley

Two i found is

Hashnest

pow88.com

Are there more companies, please let me know.

Cheers!
Smiley
akustik

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 02:23:00 PM

i think only Hashnest is legit..
other systems has high risk...
mrsalve

Activity: 263

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 08:03:26 PM

HashFlare?

They are based in Tallin, Estonia the same as another collapsed cloudmining scam cointellect and that is very suspicious. They now have some photographs but I would not invest a single satoshi in there. Stay away.
The actual graphics of the internet site reminded me of cointellect.

I'm member from end May.2015y. Withdraws always have worked and I got payout.
So short to tell I'm very happy with them.

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
mrsalve

Activity: 263

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 08:07:25 PM

Code:

7) No exit strategy.

Hope this helps!

Genesis is legit, there are hundred videos online showing their farms. The problem is they re not profitable.

I have read so much about them so I desided to check out my self. Bought test 0,1 Th. Will see what comes of it.

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 07:02:18 AM

Code:

7) No exit strategy.

Hope this helps!

I have read so much about them so I desided to check out my self. Bought test 0,1 Th. Will see what comes of it.

If you did read about them, you should ve caught the fact they do not provide anything close to ROI. You have wasted your money and you cant even sell your hash and get out. BS service.

Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 »
  Print  

Jump to: