Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:00:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex  (Read 436016 times)
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 07:35:33 PM

We're still on the old chain?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

Penttikuisma

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 07:51:59 PM

Is there blog, whitepaper and/or other info for this project?
AnotherNode

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

Nodes That Serve

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 09:16:57 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2017, 09:29:30 PM by AnotherNode

I created this account just so I could shill one project....

Just as Mooonero was also a failed project:

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 10:16:06 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2017, 10:35:04 PM by coins101

I've started to go through the hard fork changes - features now available.

It's going to take a while. There is a lot. The main thing is the network supports HD wallets - a really useful feature. For example, you can generate a series of words (write them down) and if your computer blows up or otherwise fails - you can recreate your wallet again using the words you wrote down.

The network knows what you had in your wallet because of these phrases. This also means that your computer can have a kill switch and you would be able to go buy another computer and you're good to go again.

I guess the reason we don't have a full breakdown is that it would take about 5 A4 pages to explain everything.
CryptoSporidium

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 11:04:31 PM

Block 1,200,000 came and went at

2016-12-31 05:41:04

You'll need to confirm your post if you want to claim your prizes. Please do not post links here on BCT, the mods might now consider the claiming of the prize and posting links and potentially wallet addresses as spam.  

We may have had the benefit of posting hard fork times because it was a way to alert everyone to upgrade or risk being forked off.

https://riot.im/app/#/room/#vtorrent:matrix.org

If you are not on Riot, PM details.

bump

Shortlist:

Code:
time	who
12/31/2016 3:30 ik_do
12/31/2016 5:10 rhinomonkey
12/31/2016 5:26 AnotherNode
12/31/2016 5:28 CryptoSporidium
12/31/2016 6:18 CryptoSporidium
12/31/2016 7:08 AnotherNode
12/31/2016 7:23 15266

If you want to check Bitcoin talk mirrors, feel free. Otherwise, this could be the winner:

12/31/2016 5:28   CryptoSporidium

I received the 101 VTR prize, many thanks to coins101 Smiley
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 11:08:30 PM

I've started to go through the hard fork changes - features now available.

It's going to take a while. There is a lot. The main thing is the network supports HD wallets - a really useful feature. For example, you can generate a series of words (write them down) and if your computer blows up or otherwise fails - you can recreate your wallet again using the words you wrote down.

The network knows what you had in your wallet because of these phrases. This also means that your computer can have a kill switch and you would be able to go buy another computer and you're good to go again.

I guess the reason we don't have a full breakdown is that it would take about 5 A4 pages to explain everything.

Why don't the devs post here and explain what's been added?

What's wrong with them?

I don't get why they are like the way they are?

Don't they want to build up a community around their project , if they do, they are going about it the wrong way.

After two years of following this project it's getting a bit thin.

I'm not fudding, I'm addressing a concern.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

vtorrent (OP)

Activity: 195
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 01:41:17 AM

Dear all,

We have been monitoring the network and working with Bittrex to make sure there will be no issues and no coins will be lost during the hardfork.

I am pleased to inform you all that everything went smoothly and we have successfully switched the vTorrent network from Protocol v1 (80014 in 0.7.x) to v2 (80016 in 0.8.x) that took place on block 1,200,000.

As promised, new client with major upgrades is coming soon, it is still being worked on since there are some thread-related bugs causing the client to crash on certain conditions.

Regards,
vTorrent
rhinomonkey

Activity: 646
Merit: 501

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 01:42:51 AM

Dear all,

We have been monitoring the network and working with Bittrex to make sure there will be no issues and no coins will be lost during the hardfork.

I am pleased to inform you all that everything went smoothly and we have successfully switched the vTorrent network from Protocol v1 (80014 in 0.7.x) to v2 (80016 in 0.8.x) that took place on block 1,200,000.

As promised, new client with major upgrades is coming soon, it is still being worked on since there are some thread-related bugs causing the client to crash on certain conditions.

Regards,
vTorrent

Awesome dev! Thanks for the note and best of luck bug squashing.  Wink

Looking forward to the upgrades!

e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2017, 02:22:46 AM

Dear all,

Regards,
vTorrent
You just had to make this post right after I sold didn't you?

Smiley
pugilist555

Activity: 474
Merit: 261

GBM

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 07:49:44 AM

Dear all,

Regards,
vTorrent

Thank you for the update. Pretty much expected that.

Please give some time for people with wallets to move over if we have to. I don't have  access to my wallet for another 4 weeks.

Blockchain technology
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 10:26:43 AM

Probably the same bugs that cause the Bittrex UI Bridge to freeze sometimes.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 01:08:37 PM

It's not totally clear, but it looks like there are two payment coins within the VTR wallet:

Code:
</div><!-- #coincontrol -->

<select id="txn_type" class="txn_type button is-inverse has-fixed-icon"  style="width:180px;" onchange="changeTxnType();">
                    <option class="vred" value="0" title="VTR to VTR" selected>VTR to VTR</option>
                    <option class="vred" value="1" title="VTR to Token">VTR to Token</option>
                    <option class="vred" value="2" title="Token to Token">Token to Token</option>
                    <option class="vred" value="3" title="Token to VTR">Token to VTR</option>

1 = VTR

2 = TOKEN

'Token' doesn't seem to have a name, it it just 'TOKEN'. But it is part of coincontrol and it seems that you can exchange VTR's for TOKENs and vice versa.

You should also be able to send someone a TOKEN and have that converted to VTR's as soon as it is confirmed. I guess this token is the monetary unit of the BitTorrent module.

Interestingly, you can also use Tokens in an encrypted format (I think). Which means you can generate anonymous token payments.

These Tokens may not have any value outside of the VTR network, but inside the network, they are like BitTorrent money.  If you have zero VTR and someone gives you some Tokens, your wallet must convert the Tokens to VTR and then you can send the VTR's to an exchange.

As a byproduct, what a neat way to do obfuscation.  Encrypted Token payment > to VTR > Exchange
ik_do

Activity: 522
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 01:13:30 PM

It's not totally clear, but it looks like there are two payment coins within the VTR wallet:

Code:
</div><!-- #coincontrol -->

<select id="txn_type" class="txn_type button is-inverse has-fixed-icon"  style="width:180px;" onchange="changeTxnType();">
                    <option class="vred" value="0" title="VTR to VTR" selected>VTR to VTR</option>
                    <option class="vred" value="1" title="VTR to Token">VTR to Token</option>
                    <option class="vred" value="2" title="Token to Token">Token to Token</option>
                    <option class="vred" value="3" title="Token to VTR">Token to VTR</option>

1 = VTR

2 = TOKEN

'Token' doesn't seem to have a name, it it just 'TOKEN'. But it is part of coincontrol and it seems that you can exchange VTR's for TOKENs and vice versa.

You should also be able to send someone a TOKEN and have that converted to VTR's as soon as it is confirmed. I guess this token is the monetary unit of the BitTorrent module.

Interestingly, you can also use Tokens in an encrypted format (I think). Which means you can generate anonymous token payments.

These Tokens may not have any value outside of the VTR network, but inside the network, they are like BitTorrent money.

IIRC tokens have always been talked about by dev as the actual payment medium for torrents whereas VTR is what you exchange to.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 01:15:59 PM

I remember they posted about it some time ago. It's just interesting to see the options within the code on GitHub.
rhinomonkey

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 07:11:46 PM

Some talk about making a wiki for documentation on riot. Would anyone be willing to help out with that? I said that I would be able to contribute some time to begin making one. I don't have a lot of information on the past two years of the project though.

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 07:54:27 PM

Regards,
vTorrent

So naturally I've been thinking about this.

It sounds interesting. But is it BitTorrent?

I would actually like to see a video of the BitTorrent functionality vs. a release with some bugs. But if it is a BitTorrent release, then: "shut up and take my money".

My bold guess is that this might be it. BitTorrent + Blockchain.

But then again, where is the Tor and I2P, plus Group chat features? It could be that.

So there you have it. Not really sure, but whatever it is, it's going to keep adding strength to the network. The last update was actually a lot better than I thought, it's just all hidden away.
Pickleninja

Activity: 242
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 08:06:58 PM

Regards,
vTorrent

I would actually like to see a video of the BitTorrent functionality vs. a release with some bugs. But if it is a BitTorrent release, then: "shut up and take my money".

But then again, where is the Tor and I2P, plus Group chat features? It could be that.

So there you have it. Not really sure, but whatever it is, it's going to keep adding strength to the network. The last update was actually a lot better than I thought, it's just all hidden away.

Either way you look at it, there's a huge untapped market for this technology.

We just have to be patient Smiley

-Pickle
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 09:02:53 PM

Regards,
vTorrent

Lol, you don't expect the devs two answer do you?

It's not gonna be torrents, my guess it's tor, i2p and group chat.

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

rhinomonkey

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 09:03:52 PM

Would devs do a preview video for a donation / bounty?

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 11:01:05 PM

Lol, you don't expect the devs two answer do you?

No.

I think if you look at GitHub, you can pretty much work out what's coming. In which order features will be released is a different issue.

But vTorrent is exceptionally feature rich compared to just about every coin out there right now. I do mean, every coin.
Pages: « 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: