|
dickwhite
|
 |
March 23, 2017, 09:50:31 AM |
|
Dear all,
Before our project can move on to the next step, we need to ensure that our client will be completely scalable and stable from its core.
Please report if you are holding significant amount of VTR and experiencing low usability (client freezes) and if there is any improvement after block 1,300,000.
Regards, vTorrent
Built from source, and running and staking fine -- no issues. Good job, dev. It's down to the wire now, folks. Still loading up at 6000 sats. I don't think it will ever be cheaper. Exciting times ahead.
|
|
|
|
|
JWH007
Member


Activity: 103
Merit: 10
|
 |
March 23, 2017, 12:21:19 PM |
|
Can someone post the links for the vTorrent website and Slack channel invite. Thx!
|
|
|
|
|
acdc
|
 |
March 23, 2017, 12:40:44 PM |
|
How does the new stake algorithm work, is it a fixed reward per block now?
|
|
|
|
|
ik_do
|
 |
March 23, 2017, 01:37:18 PM |
|
How does the new stake algorithm work, is it a fixed reward per block now?
Yes so far as we can tell it is now a reward of ~1.11743 per block; your chance of 'winning' the block is based upon how much you own. If you don't run your wallet then you don't get to earn a shit ton of VTR when you turn it back on. So now you need to run it continuously to get the staking reward.
|
|
|
|
|
elegantlywasted
Newbie

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
|
 |
March 23, 2017, 02:36:22 PM |
|
Hi, guys! I'm new here and would like to learn some more about the project. I heard there is a Slack channel and I saw an invite for it on the previous page, but it's sadly not working. Could someone post an invite here? Also, I wanted to ask what is the general feeling about the project of people that have been following it for longer. On the surface, there are a couple of things that make me a bit concerned: - lack of website (or at least very difficult to find one, as I haven't been able to)
- not so many updates about the project: I was only able to see a couple of -- dare I say -- rather unconvincing videos on Youtube about ongoing development, and there appears to be only a single commit to the Github repo since the last release in Sep. 2016
|
|
|
|
|
|
ik_do
|
 |
March 23, 2017, 02:45:11 PM |
|
Hi, guys! I'm new here and would like to learn some more about the project. I heard there is a Slack channel and I saw an invite for it on the previous page, but it's sadly not working. Could someone post an invite here? Also, I wanted to ask what is the general feeling about the project of people that have been following it for longer. On the surface, there are a couple of things that make me a bit concerned: - lack of website (or at least very difficult to find one, as I haven't been able to)
- not so many updates about the project: I was only able to see a couple of -- dare I say -- rather unconvincing videos on Youtube about ongoing development, and there appears to be only a single commit to the Github repo since the last release in Sep. 2016
We had a long chat about development last night. Basically the dev was hoping to get a client out some time ago (around January) but then decided to implement Riot and then we had a hardfork yesterday which probably lead to a delay (there is no point in optimizing a client if its going to change with an impending hardfork). If you're looking to invest you should do your own research and read through all the previous posts by the dev. In very brief summary: development of this project has always been closed/private in nature for various reasons that the dev has explained quite some time ago. This isn't groundbreaking news to people who have followed the project since the beginning. This isn't a typical pump/dump dev that post misleading screenshots and promises the ends of the earth every 3 days. So far as anyone is aware it is extremely unlikely that anyone else on this thread has any official connection to the dev (that includes all people on Twitter, Slack, Riot etc); the only other username which has any official connection that we're aware of at this time is pnoch. So if you see people making claims that xyz will happen on abc date on some medium and it doesn't directly come from the dev then its probably not true. The dev can clarify otherwise if they wish to. People are working on the slack invite issue right now, I'll make sure you get an invite as soon as possible if you PM me your email address.
|
|
|
|
|
|
ik_do
|
 |
March 23, 2017, 02:47:03 PM |
|
Just an update regarding distribution; VTR had quite a bit of an issue with the coins not really being distributed that well amongst the community. This seems to have been fixed/changed with recent market activity--there are now 50 wallets on Bittrex that contain at least 1 BTC worth of VTR--this means at least 50 people have $1000 USD or more riding on the success of this coin.
This obviously depends on what your opinion on what distribution should be, but if the idea is to get a community interested in the project and its future then having more people holding the coin makes a lot more sense in my opinion.
|
|
|
|
|
|
ik_do
|
 |
March 23, 2017, 02:48:01 PM |
|
Hi, guys! I'm new here and would like to learn some more about the project. I heard there is a Slack channel and I saw an invite for it on the previous page, but it's sadly not working. Could someone post an invite here? Also, I wanted to ask what is the general feeling about the project of people that have been following it for longer. On the surface, there are a couple of things that make me a bit concerned: - lack of website (or at least very difficult to find one, as I haven't been able to)
- not so many updates about the project: I was only able to see a couple of -- dare I say -- rather unconvincing videos on Youtube about ongoing development, and there appears to be only a single commit to the Github repo since the last release in Sep. 2016
We had a long chat about development last night. Basically the dev was hoping to get a client out some time ago (around January) but then decided to implement Riot and then we had a hardfork yesterday which probably lead to a delay (there is no point in optimizing a client if its going to change with an impending hardfork). If you're looking to invest you should do your own research and read through all the previous posts by the dev. In very brief summary: development of this project has always been closed/private in nature for various reasons that the dev has explained quite some time ago. This isn't groundbreaking news to people who have followed the project since the beginning. This isn't a typical pump/dump dev that post misleading screenshots and promises the ends of the earth every 3 days. So far as anyone is aware it is extremely unlikely that anyone else on this thread has any official connection to the dev (that includes all people on Twitter, Slack, Riot etc); the only other username which has any official connection that we're aware of at this time is pnoch. So if you see people making claims that xyz will happen on abc date on some medium and it doesn't directly come from the dev then its probably not true. The dev can clarify otherwise if they wish to. People are working on the slack invite issue right now, I'll make sure you get an invite as soon as possible if you PM me your email address. Bump of this response so people actually see it.
|
|
|
|
|
elegantlywasted
Newbie

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
|
 |
March 23, 2017, 02:57:35 PM |
|
Hi, guys! I'm new here and would like to learn some more about the project. I heard there is a Slack channel and I saw an invite for it on the previous page, but it's sadly not working. Could someone post an invite here? Also, I wanted to ask what is the general feeling about the project of people that have been following it for longer. On the surface, there are a couple of things that make me a bit concerned: - lack of website (or at least very difficult to find one, as I haven't been able to)
- not so many updates about the project: I was only able to see a couple of -- dare I say -- rather unconvincing videos on Youtube about ongoing development, and there appears to be only a single commit to the Github repo since the last release in Sep. 2016
We had a long chat about development last night. Basically the dev was hoping to get a client out some time ago (around January) but then decided to implement Riot and then we had a hardfork yesterday which probably lead to a delay (there is no point in optimizing a client if its going to change with an impending hardfork). If you're looking to invest you should do your own research and read through all the previous posts by the dev. In very brief summary: development of this project has always been closed/private in nature for various reasons that the dev has explained quite some time ago. This isn't groundbreaking news to people who have followed the project since the beginning. This isn't a typical pump/dump dev that post misleading screenshots and promises the ends of the earth every 3 days. So far as anyone is aware it is extremely unlikely that anyone else on this thread has any official connection to the dev (that includes all people on Twitter, Slack, Riot etc); the only other username which has any official connection that we're aware of at this time is pnoch. So if you see people making claims that xyz will happen on abc date on some medium and it doesn't directly come from the dev then its probably not true. The dev can clarify otherwise if they wish to. People are working on the slack invite issue right now, I'll make sure you get an invite as soon as possible if you PM me your email address. Thanks for the quick answer! I actually got an invite already (from someone on Cryptocopia Slack). I will have a look into this thread as well, but I wanted to get a quick summary first if possible. Sifting through 200+ pages is not an easy task  What is the name that the dev goes by in here?
|
|
|
|
|
elegantlywasted
Newbie

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
|
 |
March 23, 2017, 03:05:52 PM |
|
Nevermind, my last question it's obviously in the opening post...
|
|
|
|
|
|
Cryptoadvice_82
|
 |
March 23, 2017, 06:01:24 PM |
|
I've updated to 8.1.1 and I'll see how it runs with that.
Just a note that my wallet has approx 83,000 transactions so perhaps is one of the largest in those terms (from staking). I'm wondering if I should consolidate it into a new wallet and the lag would go away?
I have 55k transaction and all is running without only problems with 8.1.1
|
|
|
|
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
|
 |
March 23, 2017, 07:12:58 PM |
|
Network seems to be running fine for everyone. 
|
|
|
|
mbaeichapareiko
Member


Activity: 101
Merit: 10
|
 |
March 23, 2017, 09:14:55 PM |
|
picked up some vtr. what is the slack channel invite?
|
|
|
|
|
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002
|
 |
March 23, 2017, 10:09:20 PM |
|
picked up some vtr. what is the slack channel invite?
The auto-invite died yesterday. drop me a pm with an email address
|
|
|
|
|
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
|
 |
March 24, 2017, 02:41:11 PM |
|
Fork went well dev what's next?
|
|
|
|
|
dickwhite
|
 |
March 24, 2017, 03:33:43 PM |
|
In very brief summary: development of this project has always been closed/private in nature for various reasons that the dev has explained quite some time ago. This isn't groundbreaking news to people who have followed the project since the beginning. This isn't a typical pump/dump dev that post misleading screenshots and promises the ends of the earth every 3 days.
To add to this, here's some history of a project called Popcorn Time, a video streaming, torrent-based application: Following its inception, Popcorn Time quickly received positive media attention, with some comparing the app to Netflix for being easy to use. After this increase in popularity, the program was abruptly taken down by its original developers on March 14, 2014, due to pressure from the MPAA. Since then, the program has been forked several times with several other development teams such as the Butter Project to maintain the program and produce new features. The original Popcorn Time team endorsed the popcorntime.io fork, and picked it as the successor to the official Popcorn Time as of August 2015. In October 2015, the MPAA obtained a court injunction from Canada to stop the Canadian programmers of popcorntime.io, and later obtained the domain name, although the project reappeared on a new website popcorntime.sh.So it's understandable why the dev/s of vtorrent wishes to stay low key and anonymous. The MPAA, with its industry thugs, will continue to harass these projects regardless of legality. Only decentralized apps with anonymity to protect its users will flourish.
|
|
|
|
|
|
Fabrizio89
|
 |
March 25, 2017, 07:01:33 PM |
|
Is there a whitepaper?
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
|
 |
March 27, 2017, 04:17:32 PM Last edit: March 28, 2017, 06:16:39 AM by leigh2k14 |
|
What's happening Dev? What's the score?
Six months ago we thought we were getting torrents on the chain, but you released 2FA, okay fair enough, a worlds first, i'll give you that. We asked when we were going live then you posted two dates for the forks, so we waited, as you just given us 2FA. You were going to release a new wallet at the end of Jan but you said it had some some bugs, then you said that you were intergrate riot chat into the wallet so we waited again.
The last fork has come and gone, and yet you remain silent as per usual. Now is the time you need to produce something, it's not like i'm asking much now is it? You owe us a new wallet, where is it?
|
|
|
|
|
Cryptoadvice_82
|
 |
March 27, 2017, 05:29:01 PM |
|
What's happening Dev? What's the score?
Six months ago we thought we were getting torrents on the chain, but you released 2FA, okay fair enough, a worlds first, i'll give you that. We asked when we were going live then you posted two dates for the forks, so we waited, as you just given us 2FA. You were going to release a new wallet at the end of Jan but you said it had some some bugs, then you said that you were integrate riot chat into the wallet so we waited again.
The last fork has come and gone, and yet you remain silent as per usual. Now is the time you need to produce something, it's not like i'm asking much now is it? You owe us a new wallet, where is it?
He said than he is working for making vTorrent wallet more stable. I agree with him, we don't need to rush things, we don't wont to release something just for pumping...this is the only one project in crypto for torrent over Blockchain. If you are looking at profit I bought most of my bag 1 year ago, when Bitcoin was under 200$...At this price currently in USD I'm + 1330% Remember than we don't have any competitor now and torrent users are 10x bigger than Bitcoin users... Edit: Wallet after fork works much better than before after last fork (I've more than 55k transaction)
|
|
|
|
|