Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 05:26:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 [208] 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex  (Read 436011 times)
Cryptoadvice_82

Activity: 329
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2017, 06:13:05 AM

Dear all,

Before our project can move on to the next step, we need to ensure that our client will be completely scalable and stable from its core.

Please report if you are holding significant amount of VTR and experiencing low usability (client freezes) and if there is any improvement after block 1,300,000.

Regards,
vTorrent
Yes, it seems to work better now, no more freezes today.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|    The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency  
  WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄████▄▄  
█▄          ██████████▀
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
[

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ALCTEC

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 06:28:26 AM

Dear all,

Before our project can move on to the next step, we need to ensure that our client will be completely scalable and stable from its core.

Please report if you are holding significant amount of VTR and experiencing low usability (client freezes) and if there is any improvement after block 1,300,000.

Regards,
vTorrent

Working well, thank you. Are you able to please explain the exact adjustments made in regards to staking rewards?

And if you're feeling really generous.. an update on torrent?

XD

Cheers
Testudoguy

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 06:46:46 AM

Dear all,

Regards,
vTorrent

My wallet works as a charm and i keep a good ammount.
@dev
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 07:02:22 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2017, 08:17:17 AM by leigh2k14

Dear all,

Regards,
vTorrent

I thought about ignoring you for a few months, just to see how you like it? But i'm not that childish.

Then I realised you'd like that, so i'm gonna keep posting.

My bag is okay, so far the staking has been smooth and consistent, steady rewards at 1.117 VTR all night, no orphans.

Edit: i'm on linux mint.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

ik_do

Activity: 522
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 07:39:03 AM

Dear all,

Regards,
vTorrent

Thanks for the update.
Please see included my notes:

I'm running the latest Windows 10 and vTorrent 8.1.0

• My client still freezes with every new block that is found for 5-10 seconds
  • The overview / recent transactions page does not update once the client is running (if I restart the client it updates, but then stays where it is); same for transactions page.
  • I get between 1% and 10% CPU usage on a 6 core, 12 thread @ 3.5 GHz CPU
j4se

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 08:10:21 AM

Dear all,

Regards,
vTorrent

I'm running windows 10 and client 0.8.1.1 - no problems with client freezes. Staking well.

Thanks for your work so far Dev - we are all eagerly waiting for the Torrent functionality!
ik_do

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 08:35:47 AM

I've updated to 8.1.1 and I'll see how it runs with that.

Just a note that my wallet has approx 83,000 transactions so perhaps is one of the largest in those terms (from staking). I'm wondering if I should consolidate it into a new wallet and the lag would go away?
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 09:02:42 AM

Just a note that my wallet has approx 83,000 transactions so perhaps is one of the largest in those terms (from staking). I'm wondering if I should consolidate it into a new wallet and the lag would go away?

Windows 10, 8.1.0

My client freezes only when running the Bittrex trading tab and then only while it loads the order book from Trex. So it could be that data load and processing of that data causes the client to lock-up while the processing is completed.

Thread related freezing of UI probably just needs the 8.2.1 client to be released and Bittorrent enabled to fix it. I'm pretty sure that would solve the freezing issues.
dickwhite

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 09:50:31 AM

Dear all,

Regards,
vTorrent

Built from source, and running and staking fine -- no issues. Good job, dev.

It's down to the wire now, folks. Still loading up at 6000 sats. I don't think it will ever be cheaper. Exciting times ahead.
JWH007

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 12:21:19 PM

Can someone post the links for the vTorrent website and Slack channel invite. Thx!

acdc

Activity: 939
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 12:40:44 PM

How does the new stake algorithm work, is it a fixed reward per block now?

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
ik_do

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 01:37:18 PM

How does the new stake algorithm work, is it a fixed reward per block now?

Yes so far as we can tell it is now a reward of ~1.11743 per block; your chance of 'winning' the block is based upon how much you own. If you don't run your wallet then you don't get to earn a shit ton of VTR when you turn it back on. So now you need to run it continuously to get the staking reward.
elegantlywasted

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 02:36:22 PM

Hi, guys! I'm new here and would like to learn some more about the project. I heard there is a Slack channel and I saw an invite for it on the previous page, but it's sadly not working. Could someone post an invite here?

Also, I wanted to ask what is the general feeling about the project of people that have been following it for longer. On the surface, there are a couple of things that make me a bit concerned:
  • lack of website (or at least very difficult to find one, as I haven't been able to)
  • not so many updates about the project: I was only able to see a couple of -- dare I say -- rather unconvincing videos on Youtube about ongoing development, and there appears to be only a single commit to the Github repo since the last release in Sep. 2016
ik_do

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 02:45:11 PM

Hi, guys! I'm new here and would like to learn some more about the project. I heard there is a Slack channel and I saw an invite for it on the previous page, but it's sadly not working. Could someone post an invite here?

Also, I wanted to ask what is the general feeling about the project of people that have been following it for longer. On the surface, there are a couple of things that make me a bit concerned:
  • lack of website (or at least very difficult to find one, as I haven't been able to)
  • not so many updates about the project: I was only able to see a couple of -- dare I say -- rather unconvincing videos on Youtube about ongoing development, and there appears to be only a single commit to the Github repo since the last release in Sep. 2016

We had a long chat about development last night. Basically the dev was hoping to get a client out some time ago (around January) but then decided to implement Riot and then we had a hardfork yesterday which probably lead to a delay (there is no point in optimizing a client if its going to change with an impending hardfork).

If you're looking to invest you should do your own research and read through all the previous posts by the dev. In very brief summary: development of this project has always been closed/private in nature for various reasons that the dev has explained quite some time ago. This isn't groundbreaking news to people who have followed the project since the beginning. This isn't a typical pump/dump dev that post misleading screenshots and promises the ends of the earth every 3 days.

So far as anyone is aware it is extremely unlikely that anyone else on this thread has any official connection to the dev (that includes all people on Twitter, Slack, Riot etc); the only other username which has any official connection that we're aware of at this time is pnoch. So if you see people making claims that xyz will happen on abc date on some medium and it doesn't directly come from the dev then its probably not true. The dev can clarify otherwise if they wish to.

People are working on the slack invite issue right now, I'll make sure you get an invite as soon as possible if you PM me your email address.
ik_do

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 02:47:03 PM

Just an update regarding distribution; VTR had quite a bit of an issue with the coins not really being distributed that well amongst the community. This seems to have been fixed/changed with recent market activity--there are now 50 wallets on Bittrex that contain at least 1 BTC worth of VTR--this means at least 50 people have $1000 USD or more riding on the success of this coin.

This obviously depends on what your opinion on what distribution should be, but if the idea is to get a community interested in the project and its future then having more people holding the coin makes a lot more sense in my opinion.
ik_do

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 02:48:01 PM

We had a long chat about development last night. Basically the dev was hoping to get a client out some time ago (around January) but then decided to implement Riot and then we had a hardfork yesterday which probably lead to a delay (there is no point in optimizing a client if its going to change with an impending hardfork).

If you're looking to invest you should do your own research and read through all the previous posts by the dev. In very brief summary: development of this project has always been closed/private in nature for various reasons that the dev has explained quite some time ago. This isn't groundbreaking news to people who have followed the project since the beginning. This isn't a typical pump/dump dev that post misleading screenshots and promises the ends of the earth every 3 days.

So far as anyone is aware it is extremely unlikely that anyone else on this thread has any official connection to the dev (that includes all people on Twitter, Slack, Riot etc); the only other username which has any official connection that we're aware of at this time is pnoch. So if you see people making claims that xyz will happen on abc date on some medium and it doesn't directly come from the dev then its probably not true. The dev can clarify otherwise if they wish to.

People are working on the slack invite issue right now, I'll make sure you get an invite as soon as possible if you PM me your email address.

Bump of this response so people actually see it.
elegantlywasted

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 02:57:35 PM

Thanks for the quick answer! I actually got an invite already (from someone on Cryptocopia Slack). I will have a look into this thread as well, but I wanted to get a quick summary first if possible. Sifting through 200+ pages is not an easy task Smiley

What is the name that the dev goes by in here?
elegantlywasted

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 03:05:52 PM

Nevermind, my last question it's obviously in the opening post...
Cryptoadvice_82

Activity: 329
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2017, 06:01:24 PM

I have 55k transaction and all is running without only problems with 8.1.1

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|    The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency  
  WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄████▄▄  
█▄          ██████████▀
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
[
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 07:12:58 PM

Network seems to be running fine for everyone.  Cool

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

Pages: « 1 ... 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 [208] 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: