Bitcoin Forum
October 02, 2026, 08:37:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 31.1 [Torrent]
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 [208] 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 ... 263 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex  (Read 436826 times)
CoinHoarder
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust


View Profile
April 08, 2017, 05:40:22 PM
 #4141



3% PoS inflation combined with 1% to 3% uploader/seeder inflation incentive may be too much. It seems I will have to stake this coin if I get involved to lower that to 1% to 3%.

But, your answer is just a guess... it is really weird to me that no one seems to know how the uploader/seeder incentives will work. To be honest, it is  quite worrisome to me as a potential investor.

It is my understanding that uploader/seeder incentive is provided by leechers. Could be wrong though.

Hmmm. I did not realize leeches would need to pay. Why would they use torrent when they could use piratebay etc for free?
ik_do
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 522
Merit: 500


View Profile
April 08, 2017, 05:47:21 PM
 #4142



3% PoS inflation combined with 1% to 3% uploader/seeder inflation incentive may be too much. It seems I will have to stake this coin if I get involved to lower that to 1% to 3%.

But, your answer is just a guess... it is really weird to me that no one seems to know how the uploader/seeder incentives will work. To be honest, it is  quite worrisome to me as a potential investor.

It is my understanding that uploader/seeder incentive is provided by leechers. Could be wrong though.

Hmmm. I did not realize leeches would need to pay. Why would they use torrent when they could use piratebay etc for free?

Go back and read the entire thread.
CoinHoarder
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust


View Profile
April 08, 2017, 05:55:28 PM
 #4143

Lol, no thank you. It is 213 pages... I would rather pass up this project than do that.

This information should be in the OP or on a website in a FAQ. I don't even see a whitelaper, otherwise I would read that. No one seems to know this information. The two people that said anything are just giving their opinion on how it should work and/or don't seem too sure of themselves as to how it will work.

No wonder interest, volume, and market cap for this project is so miniscule. How do you expect people to take it seriously without a whitepaper, website,  or FAQ explaining how things will work? You expect everyone to read through 213 forum pages? Lol...
ik_do
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 522
Merit: 500


View Profile
April 08, 2017, 06:06:13 PM
 #4144

Lol, no thank you. It is 213 pages... I would rather pass up this project than do that.

This information should be in the OP or on a website in a FAQ. I don't even see a whitelaper, otherwise I would read that. No one seems to know this information. The two people that said anything are just giving their opinion on how it should work and/or don't seem too sure of themselves as to how it will work.

No wonder interest, volume, and market cap for this project is so miniscule. How do you expect people to take it seriously without a whitepaper, website,  or FAQ explaining how things will work? You expect everyone to read through 213 forum pages? Lol...

Ok you win just click this image and you'll get a bag of money without having to do any work or research yourself:



Glad I was able to save you some valuable time of actually reading about projects you're considering investing in and at the same time provided you with a life-time of riches which you achieved by sitting in your chair and doing fuck all!
CoinHoarder
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust


View Profile
April 08, 2017, 06:16:33 PM
 #4145

I do plenty of research to find valuable undervalued projects, but the way you guys are describing the incentive system, it is not worth my time to do the research on this one. It will never catch on or become popular if leeches have to pay, or if too much inflation is used to reward uploaders/seeders. Either way, this project is doomed. Maybe that's another reason for the low interest and market cap...
Cryptoadvice_82
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 329
Merit: 250



View Profile WWW
April 08, 2017, 06:41:30 PM
Last edit: April 08, 2017, 06:53:57 PM by Cryptoadvice_82
 #4146

I do plenty of research to find valuable undervalued projects, but the way you guys are describing the incentive system, it is not worth my time to do the research on this one. It will never catch on or become popular if leeches have to pay, or if too much inflation is used to reward uploaders/seeders. Either way, this project is doomed. Maybe that's another reason for the low interest and market cap...

Dev says several time than now the focus is on developing technology and not on how to sell it.

Now no one knows for sure how reward will works simply because of it haven't been decided, but an inflation rate of 5% don't seems to be too high

Why should use vTorrent instead of others free services?
Because of it's decentralised (can't be shut down), it's anonymous and uploaders will be rewarded

RIOT, a native mobile wallet and 2FA adds a lot of value itself.

And seems than vTorrent can be released before MU2...



▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ████████████
              ██████████
               ████████
                ██████
                 ████
                  ██
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|    The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency  
  WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|



                   ▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌




   ▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███




             ▄████▄▄  
█▄          ██████████▀
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀




     ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
[
coins101
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002



View Profile
April 09, 2017, 01:15:00 AM
Last edit: April 09, 2017, 01:45:30 AM by coins101
 #4147

.. Either way, this project is doomed.

This is why you are right:

The internet is free and it is used by 5bn people.

This is why you are wrong:

> People pay to use the internet through broadband charges and mobile data plans.

> Why would anyone need Bitcoin which charges fees (you typically need to allow 10%-15% by the time you've gone through the various exchange processes) when you can use a bank account for free?

> Why does Netflix exist and as a single company is worth 3 x the total value of Bitcoin? On paper, Netflix should not be able to compete or even exist because of Kodi which you can download for free and get more content.

Somewhere between zero cost and high cost, there are 5 billion internet users who give value to different business models.

If you were 100% right in your conclusion, Bitttorrent would not have 150m to 250m users. It would have 5bn users; and Netflix would not exist.

This has never been done before. Even if it were not 100% on target on its mission, it can be tweaked to gain a substantial users base - a user base that could be bigger than Bitcoin's user base.

Doomed?

I've been around long enough to know people with 10,000BTC just say it's worth a punt and throw 100BTC at a project after just 5 minutes of thinking about whether it could have merit.

And I've also seen people who spend weeks thinking about investing in a project, speaking to as many people as they can; only to say - yeah, I'll probably throw $100 at it.

VC's use a scatter gun approach for a reason. Despite their highly intelligent researchers, in the end, they have no idea if an idea will work or not.

If you're such an oracle, you should go work for a VC, you'll make millions. Then come back in 12 months and we'll compare notes on whose made the better investment.
dickwhite
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 225
Merit: 100


View Profile
April 09, 2017, 02:38:58 AM
 #4148

I do plenty of research to find valuable undervalued projects, but the way you guys are describing the incentive system, it is not worth my time to do the research on this one. It will never catch on or become popular if leeches have to pay, or if too much inflation is used to reward uploaders/seeders. Either way, this project is doomed. Maybe that's another reason for the low interest and market cap...

You haven't done enough research.

Yes, people can still use the pirate bay, a cat and mouse game increasingly in favour of the cat. That's not who we're after here. I know plenty of people who pay real money for access to private torrent trackers because that's usually where the good and rare content is. And I know far more people who purchase digital music, movies and books. Vtorrent aims to provide an integrated platform for content creators and consumers that's easy to use, private and secure, where people can buy, sell and share content free of censorship, regional blocking, and industry harassment. And this market is huge. 5% inflation is nothing next to the potential growth of users.

The current low market cap is probably because there's been zero marketing. It's difficult for a small project to stand out in an ocean of alt coins. Also, development has dragged on for 2 years. I'm not saying that disparagingly. Torrent on blockchain has never been done before, and such innovation takes time. I actually like that the dev team has been methodical and low key with releases and info. It's not healthy to hype a product that doesn't exist or function correctly. When we have a working beta, that will be the time to crow. And I believe it's soon. 
CoinHoarder
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust


View Profile
April 09, 2017, 03:47:20 AM
 #4149

Meh, I was just trying to understand how the incentives work and how much inflation there will be. No need to get defensive or combative. I am entitled to my opinion. Create a moderated thread if you want an echo chamber.

But to be honest, no one seems to really know how the incentives and inflation will work exactly, so I will wait to pass final judgement on it once those details are fully disclosed. I still think that if it works how some of you think it will, then it is unlikely to be as widely adopted as you guys seem to believe.

Nonetheless, I have thrown some change at a few VTR tokens anyways. Good luck to us!
Cryptoadvice_82
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 329
Merit: 250



View Profile WWW
April 09, 2017, 10:28:58 AM
Last edit: April 09, 2017, 10:40:39 AM by Cryptoadvice_82
 #4150

@dev
After last fork looks like something have been changed in staking, I earn more vtr from staking than before, even more than the 1st wallet.
Seems than newer wallet earn less interest from staking even with a bigger balance

Now interest are related to coin age?

Can explain us how it works now if something have been changed?

Thanks



▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ████████████
              ██████████
               ████████
                ██████
                 ████
                  ██
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|    The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency  
  WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|



                   ▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌




   ▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███




             ▄████▄▄  
█▄          ██████████▀
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀




     ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
[
dickwhite
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 225
Merit: 100


View Profile
April 09, 2017, 01:37:08 PM
 #4151

Meh, I was just trying to understand how the incentives work and how much inflation there will be. No need to get defensive or combative. I am entitled to my opinion. Create a moderated thread if you want an echo chamber.

But to be honest, no one seems to really know how the incentives and inflation will work exactly, so I will wait to pass final judgement on it once those details are fully disclosed. I still think that if it works how some of you think it will, then it is unlikely to be as widely adopted as you guys seem to believe.

Nonetheless, I have thrown some change at a few VTR tokens anyways. Good luck to us!

We don't know finer details because they haven't been released yet. What we do know of is the current inflation rate, which hasn't thus far hurt the coin's price, and potential market for this project, which is huge. I'm not trying to be defensive, but you came in here dismissing this project outright without proper research. Sure, you are entitled to your opinion, as misinformed as it is, and I think we've been rather civil considering. This is not an echo chamber. There are long-term hodlers here who are very critical of the dev team's silent approach. But you'd have to read the entire thread to know that. Bullet points just don't do it justice.

For you to say "meh" to a one-of-a-kind technology project tells me you are a speculator only interested in short-term profits. And that's fine. But I think there's more money to be made in moonshot projects like this, and the reason I bought in early.

We are all waiting for torrents functionality to be released to further evaluate our participation. I suggest you do the same with an open mind.
dickwhite
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 225
Merit: 100


View Profile
April 09, 2017, 03:29:53 PM
 #4152

@dev
After last fork looks like something have been changed in staking, I earn more vtr from staking than before, even more than the 1st wallet.
Seems than newer wallet earn less interest from staking even with a bigger balance

Now interest are related to coin age?

Can explain us how it works now if something have been changed?

Thanks

We've switched to Blackcoin's POS 3.0 scheme, currently the most secure POS implementation:
https://bravenewcoin.com/assets/Whitepapers/Blackcoin-POS-3.pdf
Basically involves removal of coin age factor with its several attack vectors. It's replaced with a fixed block reward proportional to the outstanding supply. It's a more consistent release of coins divided amongst the stakers -- less stakers means higher individual block reward. This incentivizes active nodes thus providing better security to the network. Also introduces some cool new features like multi-signature and cold staking. Annual interest is still 5%. You're earning less because difficulty has increased; more stakers are now online competing to solve blocks. That would have happened with the old wallets as well.
mishax1
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017


View Profile
April 09, 2017, 04:53:19 PM
 #4153

Magnetico: A Personal Torrent Search Engine That Can’t Be Shut Down
CoinHoarder
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust


View Profile
April 09, 2017, 05:00:36 PM
 #4154

The "meh" was directed at the ad hominem that was (and still is) being directed at me. Calling me lazy, misinformed, only interested in short term profits, etc... is this how you guys treat new community members? Some sort of hazing?  Roll Eyes

Sure, you are entitled to your opinion, as misinformed as it is
...
For you to say "meh" to a one-of-a-kind technology project tells me you are a speculator only interested in short-term profits.

It looks as if I am not misinformed, as no one knows exactly how the incentives will work. As far as how the incentives work, I know as much as you guys do... nothing.

We don't know finer details because they haven't been released yet.
...
you came in here dismissing this project outright without proper research.
Contradict yourself much? There is nothing to research, as the details are unknown. You want me to read 213 forum pages to look for something that doesn't exist? I value my time much more than that.


If you knew me (which you don't), then you would know I am less interested in short term profits, and more interested in cryptocurrencies that can grow over a long period of time. Generally, I buy and hold cryptocurrencies for years, so that makes you no better than I. You cannot insult me based on something you admit to doing yourself.

I think there's more money to be made in moonshot projects like this, and the reason I bought in early.
CoinHoarder
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust


View Profile
April 09, 2017, 05:06:45 PM
 #4155


That is cool, but I would not utilize any tracker service (decentralized or not) that does not have the ability to rate torrents and uploaders. That is just asking for a virus, and there would be a lot of bandwidth wasting downloading low quality content.
coins101
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002



View Profile
April 09, 2017, 07:26:59 PM
 #4156

..Nonetheless, I have thrown some change at a few VTR tokens anyways. Good luck to us!


Cool, got to use that twice in one day.

Challenge is good. Less of the 'doomed' thing and more of the: Devs, do it like this, or why don't you think about doing that.
dickwhite
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 225
Merit: 100


View Profile
April 09, 2017, 09:37:44 PM
 #4157

The "meh" was directed at the ad hominem that was (and still is) being directed at me. Calling me lazy, misinformed, only interested in short term profits, etc... is this how you guys treat new community members? Some sort of hazing?  Roll Eyes

Sure, you are entitled to your opinion, as misinformed as it is
...
For you to say "meh" to a one-of-a-kind technology project tells me you are a speculator only interested in short-term profits.

It looks as if I am not misinformed, as no one knows exactly how the incentives will work. As far as how the incentives work, I know as much as you guys do... nothing.

We don't know finer details because they haven't been released yet.
...
you came in here dismissing this project outright without proper research.
Contradict yourself much? There is nothing to research, as the details are unknown. You want me to read 213 forum pages to look for something that doesn't exist? I value my time much more than that.


If you knew me (which you don't), then you would know I am less interested in short term profits, and more interested in cryptocurrencies that can grow over a long period of time. Generally, I buy and hold cryptocurrencies for years, so that makes you no better than I. You cannot insult me based on something you admit to doing yourself.

I think there's more money to be made in moonshot projects like this, and the reason I bought in early.

Well I'm not going to waste anymore time educating you, as you're now twisting my words to paint yourself a victim. Good luck on your investment.
Pickleninja
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 242
Merit: 250


View Profile
April 10, 2017, 09:41:43 PM
 #4158

Great work so far devs... but what now?

If you want us to shut up and sit tight, just say:

"Things are going good... shutup."

And we'll stop bugging you for at least a week Cheesy

-pickle
leigh2k14
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000



View Profile
April 11, 2017, 05:41:11 AM
 #4159

Dear all,

We have been monitoring the network and working with Bittrex to make sure there will be no issues and no coins will be lost during the hardfork.

I am pleased to inform you all that everything went smoothly and we have successfully switched the vTorrent network from Protocol v1 (80014 in 0.7.x) to v2 (80016 in 0.8.x) that took place on block 1,200,000.

As promised, new client with major upgrades is coming soon, it is still being worked on since there are some thread-related bugs causing the client to crash on certain conditions.

Regards,
vTorrent

That was Jan 3rd

Quote

Dear all,

Thanks to coins101 and community for support and suggestions.

Riot chat will be implement natively to vTorrent soon, please PM me if anyone wants to help out testing the Riot chat and I will send out beta wallet with Riot enabled as soon as it is ready.

Regards,
vTorrent

That was Jan 8th

It's now April 11th

What's the score dev?


●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●





▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
 
Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●

●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
●
Warren.Buffet
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 130
Merit: 100


View Profile
April 11, 2017, 05:48:14 AM
 #4160

Will the dev please give an update?
Pages: « 1 ... 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 [208] 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 ... 263 »
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!