Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:15:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 [218] 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex  (Read 436016 times)
DogTheHunter

Activity: 784
Merit: 272

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 11:02:24 AM

You have to admit dev, this is tough to see, especially for the growing number of people that want this project to do well.

Some info would really help with morale.

This project has so much potential, please support your supporters a little more.

After over 2.5 years invested in this project, it's starting to give the whiff of vapourware.

Prove me wrong dev!

Having seen some of the images above and the link to the code from Transmission, it's not vapourware at all. But we could do with better communication from the devs.
ik_do

Activity: 522
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 05:58:20 PM

You have to admit dev, this is tough to see, especially for the growing number of people that want this project to do well.

This project has so much potential, please support your supporters a little more.

After over 2.5 years invested in this project, it's starting to give the whiff of vapourware.

Prove me wrong dev!

Having seen some of the images above and the link to the code from Transmission, it's not vapourware at all. But we could do with better communication from the devs.

Solution is to make VTR-Communication coin for which value is tied to the number of posts made by the dev. Would be groundbreaking.
hughbt

Activity: 613
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 06:08:45 PM

Prove me wrong dev!

He promised a new wallet 6 months ago. Didn't give us even a single word of explanation why it hasn't been released yet. You might be right.
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 06:46:41 PM

Prove me wrong dev!

Solution is to make VTR-Communication coin for which value is tied to the number of posts made by the dev. Would be groundbreaking.

Lol, it would have a 5K marketcap, if that.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 05:10:42 AM

Where is the link to the code? Screenshot mean nothing to me, as they are easily faked. It is super easy to program a dummy interface too that doesn't actually work.
DogTheHunter

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 12:00:35 PM

Where is the link to the code? Screenshot mean nothing to me, as they are easily faked. It is super easy to program a dummy interface too that doesn't actually work.

all we have at the moment:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=889481.msg18870293#msg18870293
DogTheHunter

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 09:54:37 AM

Looking to create a bounty for Key Management (HD Wallet back-up) video. Anyone interested? I have already asked @e1ghtspace and waiting for his reply.

Dear coins101,

You might want to wait a little for the new wallet for that.

It is somewhat different from client version 0.8.1.

Regards,
vTorrent

"Wait a little" sounded good. What does that mean dev, a few months or end of the year?
ALCTEC

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 11:13:22 PM

Looking to create a bounty for Key Management (HD Wallet back-up) video. Anyone interested? I have already asked @e1ghtspace and waiting for his reply.

Dear coins101,

You might want to wait a little for the new wallet for that.

It is somewhat different from client version 0.8.1.

Regards,
vTorrent

"Wait a little" sounded good. What does that mean dev, a few months or end of the year?

The BTC Painter

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2017, 01:09:47 AM

I have a series of questions to pose to the DEV team.  Most of these are from reading back in the thread, as well as being active in the slack channel, so I’m bringing up stuff others have also been wondering about.  There is a growing sentiment of “what the heck is going on around here”, so hopefully we can get some clarity on these issues in the form of response from the DEV team.  Here goes:

#1:  In post #2216, we are discussing how “pieces” of torrent files are not transacted (leacher to seeder) on the VTR blockchain, but rather through micropayment channels using tokens that interchange with VTR coins.  Where at in the development cycle are the payment channels?

#2:  In post #2226, ik_do discussed hopes for the client in terms of: ease of use, ease of search, web of trust (seeder rating system), chatrooms, and adoption incentives.  This was an excellent, far-reaching post.  Can you discuss any plans in the development process to address any of these goals?

#3:  Most people who have researched this project understand the technology can make those using it the target of actions ranging from harassment from ISPs to much worse.  Does the client currently or in the future plan to help mask the commonly used identifiers of nodes on the network?  Or, is this left to the best practices of the users of the client?  For folks less technically savvy, what suggestions can be made in regards to better protecting your node from easy identification so that the network can scale safely?

#4:  In post #2822, it is asked if the client will offer any ways to protect people seeding torrents?  This goes hand in hand with the above, but also, will the planned I2P and TOR integration be handled through the client or by users running these services on their own?

#5:  Are there any plans for the client to provide for the use case of private tracker groups through some combination of the blockchain, in-wallet chat, or RIOT implementation?  Or, are their plans for some stripped-down version of a market to allow for this?  Even without torrents implemented, being able to encourage private trackers to use the client would be a boon.

#6:  Is the DEV team waiting for BEP 51 or any other BEPs (BitTorrent Enhancement Proposals) to be completed in order for your deployment of in-wallet torrent to be ready?

#7:  Is RIOT chat implementation ready for testing yet?  Are there any details on its implementation you can share at this time such as where the data will be stored and if masternodes may be needed and/or optional with this feature?  Can you share how ‘private’ chatting inside the client will be with this implementation?

#8:  Lastly, late last year there was some great discussion around work on incentivizing seeders and working on the economics for seeding/leaching.  With the input that was generated, have you made any solid plans for what this model will look like in vTorrent?

Also, many have commented on the activities of a 0.8.2 node on the network.  Can you comment on the nature of this node?

---------------------------------

Those are my questions, but there are other points I’d like to make.  In post #3022 and then on several occasions afterwards, the community has discussed a desire to create some sort of marketing and PR front.  In most crypto projects I’ve seen do well, there is a clear collaboration between the community and the DEV team or the DEV team is doing active communication on their own.  I feel this community has the numbers and know how to get things done, we have a community built website, also reference post #4042 for instance, community created videos, etc.  However, the MAJOR thing holding us back is the lack of any real broad updates from the DEV team since the OP really.  We need clarity, if not on all the above questions, then at least on some.  Also, a whitepaper, roadmap, milestones, or a dedicated trusted go-between person should be produced or appointed by the DEV team.  If funding is an issue to do any of these, I’m sure the community would step up because ANY news on this front will surely act to bolster the price.  With information coming from the DEV team, we will actually have something to go out and spread the word about.  Right now, despite great development that has taken place, we have little to talk about, so stagnation is occurring.

More importantly, communication on these items will solve what I see to be the main issue in moving this project forward from the social or network propagation standpoint.  The supporters and investors of this project as well as would-be buyers are simply turned off by the lack of stated future plans and goals from our trusted DEV team.  In order to grow the network and get our active connections up from the tens of nodes, to the hundreds of nodes and more, we need to know where this is heading.  The DEV team speaks about needing solid foundations and have shown us they are creating them technically.  Now, use words and not code to respond to community questions (or by appointing someone who can collaborate with you on this social front) and state the future plans and by doing so you’ll be building the SOCIAL foundations – a distributed group of active nodes to help the network effects grow.  This in turn will grow community support which may lead to help aiding your technical efforts to build the technological foundations to grow and then scale this thing.
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 04:59:48 AM

I don't think there is a "team" in DEV.

And answering all this would make him sweat a bit, since he make an appearance about 12 times a year..

Getting all these answered would really surprise me, and I like surprises, so come on, surprise me.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 09:05:28 PM

How/ when did the vtorrent.info website become the official linked website from coinmarketcap?
danystatic

Activity: 235

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 05:05:51 PM

If we could only bring those links and build an addon for KODI  Cool  .... to the moon
yaffa01

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 10:17:49 AM

So because everyone can make a purevidz clone vtr and vidz project can't be complimentary to each other?

No but if Steemit exists then tell me what PureVidz brings to the table?

It doesn't solve the problem of providing an incentive to seeding content. It just means that people can copy and paste links from other sites and get money and then walk off.

but it is not easy job for doing so only this.
slugmandrew

Activity: 138

Everything's a bubble, idiot

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 11:29:41 AM

I have a series of questions to pose to the DEV team.  Most of these are from reading back in the thread, as well as being active in the slack channel, so I’m bringing up stuff others have also been wondering about.  There is a growing sentiment of “what the heck is going on around here”, so hopefully we can get some clarity on these issues in the form of response from the DEV team.  Here goes:

#1:  In post #2216, we are discussing how “pieces” of torrent files are not transacted (leacher to seeder) on the VTR blockchain, but rather through micropayment channels using tokens that interchange with VTR coins.  Where at in the development cycle are the payment channels?

#2:  In post #2226, ik_do discussed hopes for the client in terms of: ease of use, ease of search, web of trust (seeder rating system), chatrooms, and adoption incentives.  This was an excellent, far-reaching post.  Can you discuss any plans in the development process to address any of these goals?

#3:  Most people who have researched this project understand the technology can make those using it the target of actions ranging from harassment from ISPs to much worse.  Does the client currently or in the future plan to help mask the commonly used identifiers of nodes on the network?  Or, is this left to the best practices of the users of the client?  For folks less technically savvy, what suggestions can be made in regards to better protecting your node from easy identification so that the network can scale safely?

#4:  In post #2822, it is asked if the client will offer any ways to protect people seeding torrents?  This goes hand in hand with the above, but also, will the planned I2P and TOR integration be handled through the client or by users running these services on their own?

#5:  Are there any plans for the client to provide for the use case of private tracker groups through some combination of the blockchain, in-wallet chat, or RIOT implementation?  Or, are their plans for some stripped-down version of a market to allow for this?  Even without torrents implemented, being able to encourage private trackers to use the client would be a boon.

#6:  Is the DEV team waiting for BEP 51 or any other BEPs (BitTorrent Enhancement Proposals) to be completed in order for your deployment of in-wallet torrent to be ready?

#7:  Is RIOT chat implementation ready for testing yet?  Are there any details on its implementation you can share at this time such as where the data will be stored and if masternodes may be needed and/or optional with this feature?  Can you share how ‘private’ chatting inside the client will be with this implementation?

#8:  Lastly, late last year there was some great discussion around work on incentivizing seeders and working on the economics for seeding/leaching.  With the input that was generated, have you made any solid plans for what this model will look like in vTorrent?

Also, many have commented on the activities of a 0.8.2 node on the network.  Can you comment on the nature of this node?

Those are my questions, but there are other points I’d like to make.  In post #3022 and then on several occasions afterwards, the community has discussed a desire to create some sort of marketing and PR front.  In most crypto projects I’ve seen do well, there is a clear collaboration between the community and the DEV team or the DEV team is doing active communication on their own.  I feel this community has the numbers and know how to get things done, we have a community built website, also reference post #4042 for instance, community created videos, etc.  However, the MAJOR thing holding us back is the lack of any real broad updates from the DEV team since the OP really.  We need clarity, if not on all the above questions, then at least on some.  Also, a whitepaper, roadmap, milestones, or a dedicated trusted go-between person should be produced or appointed by the DEV team.  If funding is an issue to do any of these, I’m sure the community would step up because ANY news on this front will surely act to bolster the price.  With information coming from the DEV team, we will actually have something to go out and spread the word about.  Right now, despite great development that has taken place, we have little to talk about, so stagnation is occurring.

More importantly, communication on these items will solve what I see to be the main issue in moving this project forward from the social or network propagation standpoint.  The supporters and investors of this project as well as would-be buyers are simply turned off by the lack of stated future plans and goals from our trusted DEV team.  In order to grow the network and get our active connections up from the tens of nodes, to the hundreds of nodes and more, we need to know where this is heading.  The DEV team speaks about needing solid foundations and have shown us they are creating them technically.  Now, use words and not code to respond to community questions (or by appointing someone who can collaborate with you on this social front) and state the future plans and by doing so you’ll be building the SOCIAL foundations – a distributed group of active nodes to help the network effects grow.  This in turn will grow community support which may lead to help aiding your technical efforts to build the technological foundations to grow and then scale this thing.

This is a very well thought out post, so thanks for that The Bitcoin Painter.

I'd also like to see some answers to these devs. I'm very patient but people are starting to get worried now.

von der

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 12:12:33 PM

Value of this coin had increased significantly. I saw how this started, if I was a bag holder I'm already filthy rich. One reason why i didn't invest was that there was no website created for them so it feels like the dev isn't so serious. How did this coin grew, what development had it achieved so far, fill me please.
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 03:14:02 PM
Last edit: May 16, 2017, 04:30:56 PM by leigh2k14

I have a series of questions to pose to the DEV team.  Most of these are from reading back in the thread, as well as being active in the slack channel, so I’m bringing up stuff others have also been wondering about.  There is a growing sentiment of “what the heck is going on around here”, so hopefully we can get some clarity on these issues in the form of response from the DEV team.  Here goes:

#1:  In post #2216, we are discussing how “pieces” of torrent files are not transacted (leacher to seeder) on the VTR blockchain, but rather through micropayment channels using tokens that interchange with VTR coins.  Where at in the development cycle are the payment channels?

#2:  In post #2226, ik_do discussed hopes for the client in terms of: ease of use, ease of search, web of trust (seeder rating system), chatrooms, and adoption incentives.  This was an excellent, far-reaching post.  Can you discuss any plans in the development process to address any of these goals?

#3:  Most people who have researched this project understand the technology can make those using it the target of actions ranging from harassment from ISPs to much worse.  Does the client currently or in the future plan to help mask the commonly used identifiers of nodes on the network?  Or, is this left to the best practices of the users of the client?  For folks less technically savvy, what suggestions can be made in regards to better protecting your node from easy identification so that the network can scale safely?

#4:  In post #2822, it is asked if the client will offer any ways to protect people seeding torrents?  This goes hand in hand with the above, but also, will the planned I2P and TOR integration be handled through the client or by users running these services on their own?

#5:  Are there any plans for the client to provide for the use case of private tracker groups through some combination of the blockchain, in-wallet chat, or RIOT implementation?  Or, are their plans for some stripped-down version of a market to allow for this?  Even without torrents implemented, being able to encourage private trackers to use the client would be a boon.

#6:  Is the DEV team waiting for BEP 51 or any other BEPs (BitTorrent Enhancement Proposals) to be completed in order for your deployment of in-wallet torrent to be ready?

#7:  Is RIOT chat implementation ready for testing yet?  Are there any details on its implementation you can share at this time such as where the data will be stored and if masternodes may be needed and/or optional with this feature?  Can you share how ‘private’ chatting inside the client will be with this implementation?

#8:  Lastly, late last year there was some great discussion around work on incentivizing seeders and working on the economics for seeding/leaching.  With the input that was generated, have you made any solid plans for what this model will look like in vTorrent?

Also, many have commented on the activities of a 0.8.2 node on the network.  Can you comment on the nature of this node?

Those are my questions, but there are other points I’d like to make.  In post #3022 and then on several occasions afterwards, the community has discussed a desire to create some sort of marketing and PR front.  In most crypto projects I’ve seen do well, there is a clear collaboration between the community and the DEV team or the DEV team is doing active communication on their own.  I feel this community has the numbers and know how to get things done, we have a community built website, also reference post #4042 for instance, community created videos, etc.  However, the MAJOR thing holding us back is the lack of any real broad updates from the DEV team since the OP really.  We need clarity, if not on all the above questions, then at least on some.  Also, a whitepaper, roadmap, milestones, or a dedicated trusted go-between person should be produced or appointed by the DEV team.  If funding is an issue to do any of these, I’m sure the community would step up because ANY news on this front will surely act to bolster the price.  With information coming from the DEV team, we will actually have something to go out and spread the word about.  Right now, despite great development that has taken place, we have little to talk about, so stagnation is occurring.

More importantly, communication on these items will solve what I see to be the main issue in moving this project forward from the social or network propagation standpoint.  The supporters and investors of this project as well as would-be buyers are simply turned off by the lack of stated future plans and goals from our trusted DEV team.  In order to grow the network and get our active connections up from the tens of nodes, to the hundreds of nodes and more, we need to know where this is heading.  The DEV team speaks about needing solid foundations and have shown us they are creating them technically.  Now, use words and not code to respond to community questions (or by appointing someone who can collaborate with you on this social front) and state the future plans and by doing so you’ll be building the SOCIAL foundations – a distributed group of active nodes to help the network effects grow.  This in turn will grow community support which may lead to help aiding your technical efforts to build the technological foundations to grow and then scale this thing.

This is a very well thought out post, so thanks for that The Bitcoin Painter.

I'd also like to see some answers to these devs. I'm very patient but people are starting to get worried now.

It was a very well and thought out post, but i'm afraid it was in vain, as the dev will not answer. I hope you guys are staring to see the dev for his true colours? He is an utter dick. The guy does not give a fuck about any of his investors, he just silent trolls us.

Remember back in December when he said we would get a new client in two weeks, two weeks came and went, so he then decided to that we would get riot embedded into the new wallet like coins101 asked, but i'm afraid that was just a stall tactic, there is no riot or no wallet.

It fucking May now, this guy is just taking the piss. There are better projects out there to earn money off than this.

You gotto ask yourself does this guy deserve your support any longer?

Like I said previously "worst dev in crypto".

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

ALCTEC

Activity: 152

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 06:52:18 PM

Dear all,

Our developer team have absolutely no relationship with "vtorrent.info"

However, we are happy to work with the owner of that website to have them publish the accurate and up-to-date information of our project progress.

Regards,
vTorrent

@Dev,

What's the point in posting this? You obviously have no intention of telling us THE BASICS, let alone "publish the accurate and up-to-date information of our project progress".

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 11:06:55 PM

Let the Devs get on with it. JoyStream hasn't released a production ready client, so we can judge that it's not an easy task.
dickwhite

Activity: 225

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 12:56:12 AM

And it looks like ExtraTorrent bit the dust today, perhaps the second largest tracker in the world. The dominoes are falling. If there was ever a time for a decentralised bittorrent client, it would be now.
Armchair Miner

Activity: 296
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2017, 07:29:09 AM

Copyright is brain damage.

Take back the sovereignty of your own brain.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XO9FKQAxWZc

Pages: « 1 ... 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 [218] 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: