Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:03:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex  (Read 436013 times)
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 03:05:19 PM

Exactly my point, it seems that no one actually thought about it, or about how the whole feature will function..    some people just assume that waiting for two years for something they don't even bothered to understand is a good thing, and everyone who doesn't think like them is a troll.

"it seems that no one actually thought about it"

Again--There are 150 pages. Go and read. Because it has been discussed. As for what system vTorrent will actually use has still not been confirmed (this is at least partly backed up by the dev saying very, very, very early on that he was going to keep most details private because there was another unrelated scam "Magnetz")

What you're saying is that this was a pure speculation investment for two years, since no code of the main feature has been shown yet, and your argument is "but the dev said this is going to be a secret.." ,  how long do you think that "secret" can hold ? another two years?
Come on.. listen yo yourself..

Give me a list of 5 investments that are not speculative. No give me 1.

You do know that you are on a Bitcoin (still in Beta since 2009) forum, talking about alternative currencies.

Want a guarantee? Go buy a fucking kettle.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 03:23:25 PM

Thanks for clearing everything up..  I rest my case.
see ya next year..
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 04:03:48 PM

see ya next year..

Hope not.

Despite being invited to give a wish list of feature requests, you decided to be an armchair critic and add nothing to the world.

As you seem to expect a free lunch, PM your bank account number. I'll send you some money for nothing.
DogTheHunter

Activity: 784
Merit: 272

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 04:11:07 PM

This thread keeps getting bumped on the main board, so I took a look.

What a great concept. I will be testing out the wallet this weekend.

Are there any other similar projects around on Bitcointalk?
AnotherNode

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

Nodes That Serve

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 04:20:58 PM

see ya next year..

You can at least be honest and say you're bag holding something you consider competition for LBRY.

Nothing is sure in cryptoland

Seems like you're resting double standards and you don't really have much of a case of anything
dukeneptun
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 04:44:16 PM

-snip-

How is their website shady?

BUT more important, it's a fucking website not a program i'm running on my computer so there's no real risk
-snip-

I'm really surprised at someone who claims to be smart and know about coding, enough to talk down at me, yet considers an 'investment' in a website to be ok.

It's like saying I'm invested in the Google website while running a Litecoin client. There is no difference as far as I can tell from the PureVidz web site and some yet to be released client.

You're PureVidz 'investment' asset can be taken off line at any second. What are you left with? A bunch of coins, for what purpose?

You are also relying on the 'devs' sharing ad revenues with you to give your 'investment' value. What's to stop him keeping 100% of the money?

While we're on that subject, you should ask yourself why the 'dev' doesn't seem to know very much about TV Addons.

Websites that compete with your 'investment' are suffering because TV Addons scrapes streaming content from websites like PureVidz, removes any ads and makes the streams available to anyone for free. And you're left with a high bandwidth server cost and nothing else. Giving the dev an even greater reason to pump and fuck off.

I don't think you are burying your head in the sand, especially the 20% premine, I think you're either in on what's about to happen to investors or you don't mind the devs giving you and the rest of the dumb investors a right royal shafting when it suits him:

Next.....

if their intent was to just take the BTC and fuck off with it what would be the point in setting goals that need to be reached before the escrows release the funding? that sounds like the worst scam in history

any other coin that i've seen that uses escrows simply launches the main net and says thanks for the bitcoin and the escrows essentially amount to being fuck all useful for anything look at Waves for a example... it's a bit ridiculous that they get access to that entire sum of bitcoin just for launching a network, even scam projects can at least do that much

given their transparency about how the funds are being released if the 20% premine bothers you so much, why not make it a concern of yours to ask them to have the escrows hold it? or to have them hold it on a public address? or something that ensures them not dumping it on the market

while kodi/tvaddons and pure vidz might be similar they work entirely differently, this project at the end of the day is re-inventing the wheel for torrents while stripping out what makes torrents actually worth while using

but again, lets keep talking about pure vidz and my other investments rather than tackle the issues about this project i've presented Smiley because hey, the dev developed a SUPER SECRET otp implementation and has been around for 2 years and therefore is trust worthy to not stick something malicious in his closed source program! xD
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 05:04:00 PM

-snip-

BUT more important, it's a fucking website not a program i'm running on my computer so there's no real risk
-snip-

I'm really surprised at someone who claims to be smart and know about coding, enough to talk down at me, yet considers an 'investment' in a website to be ok.

It's like saying I'm invested in the Google website while running a Litecoin client. There is no difference as far as I can tell from the PureVidz web site and some yet to be released client.

You're PureVidz 'investment' asset can be taken off line at any second. What are you left with? A bunch of coins, for what purpose?

You are also relying on the 'devs' sharing ad revenues with you to give your 'investment' value. What's to stop him keeping 100% of the money?

While we're on that subject, you should ask yourself why the 'dev' doesn't seem to know very much about TV Addons.

Websites that compete with your 'investment' are suffering because TV Addons scrapes streaming content from websites like PureVidz, removes any ads and makes the streams available to anyone for free. And you're left with a high bandwidth server cost and nothing else. Giving the dev an even greater reason to pump and fuck off.

I don't think you are burying your head in the sand, especially the 20% premine, I think you're either in on what's about to happen to investors or you don't mind the devs giving you and the rest of the dumb investors a right royal shafting when it suits him:

Next.....

if their intent was to just take the BTC and fuck off with it what would be the point in setting goals that need to be reached before the escrows release the funding? that sounds like the worst scam in history

any other coin that i've seen that uses escrows simply launches the main net and says thanks for the bitcoin and the escrows essentially amount to being fuck all useful for anything look at Waves for a example... it's a bit ridiculous that they get access to that entire sum of bitcoin just for launching a network, even scam projects can at least do that much

given their transparency about how the funds are being released if the 20% premine bothers you so much, why not make it a concern of yours to ask them to have the escrows hold it? or to have them hold it on a public address? or something that ensures them not dumping it on the market

while kodi/tvaddons and pure vidz might be similar they work entirely differently, this project at the end of the day is re-inventing the wheel for torrents while stripping out what makes torrents actually worth while using

but again, lets keep talking about pure vidz and my other investments rather than tackle the issues about this project i've presented Smiley because hey, the dev developed a SUPER SECRET otp implementation and has been around for 2 years and therefore is trust worthy to not stick something malicious in his closed source program! xD
IF YOU DON'T LIKE THIS PROJECT JUST WALK AWAY!!!!!

Please stop posting here, I wish you all the best with purevidz.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

Pickleninja

Activity: 242
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 08:28:09 PM

Just wanted to thank the pure vidz trolls for bumping vtorrent to the front page so much.

Thanks for the free advertising.
ik_do

Activity: 522
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 09:57:57 PM

-snip-

-snip-

Next.....

IF YOU DON'T LIKE THIS PROJECT JUST WALK AWAY!!!!!

Please stop posting here, I wish you all the best with purevidz.

Its kinda funny to me that I was confronted with a broken computer screen for the past 6 months+; I finally decided to splurge on a new screen which is why I decided to sell some VTR (although I am in for the long term, not having to get extremely angry every time I use my computer is ideal)

So I'm literally reading these guys comments through the profits of VTR.
SpaceTrader

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 10:06:00 PM

Just wanted to thank the pure vidz trolls for bumping vtorrent to the front page so much.

Thanks for the free advertising.

I see that there is enough quantity if bumpers here ;-)
AnotherNode

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

Nodes That Serve

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 11:28:32 PM

Hard fork guess: 12/31/16 6:43 PM

hard fork, 12/30/16 8:07 PM

Hard fork, 12/30/16 2:22 PM  Chain has been speeding up Tongue

Hard fork: 12/30/16 9:50 AM
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 12:06:19 AM

What do people think:

The Twitter dude who came out of nowhere, has sent some feedback about

* Bravenewcoin - does vTorrent community want to propose an article for their site? They have said that they will consider it. But they would also publish an article written by the community for a fee of around $100. So its free if they like an article and they write it, $100 if the community wants to control the content and publish their own.

* BitcoinRush - guy on YouTube that does Bitcoin / Altcoin news, wants to do a report on vTorrent, but he wants a contribution for his research time of $100

Sounds like for a $100 you can get what you want online.

Anyway.....it's up to you guys to decide if you want to create some sort of PR bounty and whether to do it in Jan or Feb (or later).
Pickleninja

Activity: 242
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 03:29:28 AM

925k now!
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 08:04:26 AM

925k now!

I said he's going for 1M

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

CaptainCore

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 08:12:56 AM

when is the hard for supposed to be? a date?
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 08:45:34 AM

What do people think:

* Bravenewcoin - does vTorrent community want to propose an article for their site? They have said that they will consider it. But they would also publish an article written by the community for a fee of around $100. So its free if they like an article and they write it, $100 if the community wants to control the content and publish their own.

* BitcoinRush - guy on YouTube that does Bitcoin / Altcoin news, wants to do a report on vTorrent, but he wants a contribution for his research time of $100

Anyway.....it's up to you guys to decide if you want to create some sort of PR bounty and whether to do it in Jan or Feb (or later).

Twitter dude strikes again.

Good idea.

I'll chuck in 1000 VTR (hopefully they will go up in value quite soon)

Are you in charge of the money?

Anyone else wanna chip in?

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 09:54:14 AM

when is the hard for supposed to be? a date?

There is an open competition to try and guess the date and time. For example, this guy is providing a guess roughly once a day, which is in line with the competition rules:

Hard fork guess: 12/31/16 6:43 PM

hard fork, 12/30/16 8:07 PM

Hard fork, 12/30/16 2:22 PM  Chain has been speeding up Tongue

Hard fork: 12/30/16 9:50 AM

Several others have also submitted estimated date and time for the fork, expected at block 1,200,000 and then another at block 1,300,000
Testudoguy

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 10:27:20 AM

Wtf 1M. Thats like 10 percent of mc. U think
this guy has some inside info? I doubt somebody
Would pick up 10 percent of market cap based
On rumors and good luck?!
Cryptorials

Activity: 690
Merit: 505

Cryptorials.io

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 11:09:26 AM

What do people think:

I do a similar thing to Bravenewcoin on Cryptorials.io.

Depending on what exactly is in the update I may possibly write an article about it myself. But I would also accept a submission from a guest author about VTR for a review fee of $75 (paid in VTR is fine)

Cryptorials has an Alexa rank of ~55k (top country USA), 600 or so subscribers between email and device notifications, and I have ~7000 twitter followers (@cryptonewsday).

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 01:40:52 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2016, 01:51:48 PM by coins101

Suggestion:

With a couple of hard forks coming, hopefully, those 10m coin owners will be paying attention.

vTorrent has 5% staking reward.

That's around $13k, or $1k/month

If you want to see the value of your VTR's go up, I think it will be helpful to create a PR budget for the next few months.

How about those 10m coins owners donate their 5% interest for the next four months to a PR budget?

My suggestion, for everyone to agree upon or not, is that 5% of monthly stake goes into an address. If the full 5% on coin supply is reached we have consensus on that months PR budget proposals.  If 5% is not reached, then we rollover any donated coins until we do reach a consensus on a particular PR proposal.

If we don't get consensus, we'll have to figure out what to do with coins sent.

We don't want to get into a situation where 50% of people contribute, and the other 50% get a free ride.

Although not a very clean proposal, and could get very messy, you get the idea. Any suggestions to improve it (or kill it as an idea)?
Pages: « 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: