Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:09:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin v. Bitcoin  (Read 43657 times)
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 01:22:19 PM

Litecoins and Bitcoins are pretty much head to head with their features (as Litecoin is a clone of Bitcoin), but I would say it would be best to use Litecoin only to trade them and hold them. I only have Litecoins, because they are only good for serving this purpose. Still, I believe that Litecoins needs more development.  Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
monsanto
Legendary

Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005

..like bright metal on a sullen ground.

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 02:10:10 PM

Charlie Lee says Litecoin is not a "pump and dump". But Charlie Lee is a stone cold liar. He pumped Litecoins in the last MOOON (in July 2015) by retweeting "It's time, gentlemen."

And Litecoin went crazy, and was dumped, and is now lower (in bitcoin terms) than it was before that pump.

Look at the last two years. Litecoin IS a pump and dump. How do you know the next stop for Litecoin isn't .004, or .001, or .0001?

You don't. And how do you know the next MOOOON is coming?

You don't.

But if it does, get ready to DUMP.

During that pump I saw Charlie Lee come into btc-e trollbox and announce he was buying.  He then proceeded to buy $50,000 worth of litecoin.  I wish I remembered what the price was at that time (I'm guessing around $4 or $5).  It was interesting to watch.  Anyway, no idea if he dumped later.

of course that was Charlie lol !  Cheesy

(hint: he was not)

I seriously always thought coblee on btc-e was Charlie. You are telling us that is not? Coblee on btc-e most definitely claimed to move 200 BTC to the exchange and buy LTC with it. Note "coblee" did this  when Litecoin was over $5. And on dump day it fell below $5 and has not recovered to this day.

http://trollboxarchive.com/quote/150705802

Here is "coblee" claiming he had no idea the moon graphic for Coinbase Exchange would be a pump.

http://trollboxarchive.com/quote/148067520

This sounds like the real Charlie Lee to me, and I've never heard any doubt hold up on btc-e that coblee is Charlie. But if he's not, please set us straight. That guy should be busted big time for claiming to be Charlie:

http://trollboxarchive.com/quote/71262020

Also, I think @SatoshiLite is Charlie on Twitter. Those two accounts are independently associated with the July pump. The timing can only be described as devastatingly perfect. This is not a claim that anyone did the pump and dump single handedly. Just that those two accounts were most definitely involved.

Nice research!  Like you, I have no reason to doubt that coblee is Charlie.  I'm fairly sure he has said as much on other platforms.  He has occasionally made appearances in the trollbox for many years, and bitcoin OGs in the box always treat him as the real deal.  LiteCoinGuy is the first person I have ever heard doubt this so I'm interested to hear why.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6099

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 02:14:25 PM

Bitcoin man , It's all about Bitcoin .
Litecoin or any other alternative cryptoo currency are simply some cheap copies from bitcoin and no matter what , they will never surpass it. Beside that , the more used by both people and merchants etc ... is bitcoin and nothing else so I'm not sure how people can compare different altcoins with bitcoin  . #Bitcoin to da moon.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
makcik

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 02:37:20 PM

Bitcoins and litecoins , both are cryptocurrencies used by many people in the world. Here's a list of things which clears up which one is better in which area.
(1) value increase -- though value of bitcoins has increased so much in these days, but in comparison value of litecoins is jumping more.
(2) Ease of the Mining Algorithms-- both work on different algorithms of mining, and bitcoins one is better actually.
(3) Transaction Turnaround Time-- both of them take time in confirming transactions but still bitcoins have a faster transfer rate than litecoins.
So, overall although both are cryptocurrencies with their own features and functions. I think bitcoins are better as they provide more security system and have more popularity.
And they are accepted in more physical shops than litecoins.. So, I stand for bitcoins.
kyrios_

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 03:44:00 PM

Bitcoins and litecoins , both are cryptocurrencies used by many people in the world. Here's a list of things which clears up which one is better in which area.
(1) value increase -- though value of bitcoins has increased so much in these days, but in comparison value of litecoins is jumping more.
(2) Ease of the Mining Algorithms-- both work on different algorithms of mining, and bitcoins one is better actually.
(3) Transaction Turnaround Time-- both of them take time in confirming transactions but still bitcoins have a faster transfer rate than litecoins.
So, overall although both are cryptocurrencies with their own features and functions. I think bitcoins are better as they provide more security system and have more popularity.
And they are accepted in more physical shops than litecoins.. So, I stand for bitcoins.

oddly litecoin price seems more stable than Bitcoin recently. during the spike to 500, Ltcusd didn't go up as much if I remember correctly
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 03:58:59 PM

oddly litecoin price seems more stable than Bitcoin recently. during the spike to 500, Ltcusd didn't go up as much if I remember correctly

Yeah but the price stable because its low due nothing is happening with the coin basically. Sometimes a consistent price is not good, and certainly with Litecoin is not good. There's nothing happening, it's just a shadow of BTC.
Abiky
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 11:25:08 AM

I think Litecoin would die in the next few years if there is no innovation at all. The only thing that Litecoin is good for is trading and holding it for long term. In the end, Bitcoin will stay for plenty of years to come. Just my opinion.  Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
ultimatesky

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

SkyFall

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 01:16:09 PM

I'd pick bitcoin over litecoin anyday

There's more demand for bitcoin than litecoin

I believe bitcoin will keep continue to grow even when it has it lows, it wil lalways bounce back up
yoona

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

Live by your own rules

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 01:47:18 PM

Nothing biggest coin and strong coin than bitcoin itself.
We can compare between bitcoin and litecoin
fr4nkthetank
Legendary

Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182

Now the money is free, and so the people will be

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 03:10:46 PM

Why pick litecoin, when there are many other altcoins with better attributes ?  Heck i'd pick dogecoin over litecoin.  Other than that, bitcon is the king.
pogress

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 03:31:06 PM

I dont understand the demand for so many different altcoins, I guess you have to pay exchange fee to Bitcoin if you want spend your altcoin buying something, so why not just use Bitcoin and save on the unnecessary exchange fees  Huh  Is the Litecoin (or altcoins in general) realistically usefull for other things than price speculation ?
Abiky
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 05:12:37 PM

I dont understand the demand for so many different altcoins, I guess you have to pay exchange fee to Bitcoin if you want spend your altcoin buying something, so why not just use Bitcoin and save on the unnecessary exchange fees  Huh  Is the Litecoin (or altcoins in general) realistically usefull for other things than price speculation ?

The only thing that Litecoin has useful is that it has faster confirmation times than Bitcoin itself. Maybe it is because Litecoin's network is not as crowded as Bitcoin's. Even still, it is good to keep both of them and play with the markets (if you know what I mean)  Roll Eyes

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 05:29:46 PM

they can be useful besides faster confirmation, also for the fact that you have a second coin that can be used in the case the bitcoin network is compromised in some way

but like i see them they are pretty useless, they were good in the past to increase your bitcoin stash
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 10:15:24 PM

Sigh. Litecoin price only increases when the Bitcoin price increases. I hardly ever think about Litecoin anymore, especially when the Bitcoin price is stable or dropping - Litecoin basically seems irrelevant whenever Bitcoin isn't in the middle of a massive bubble. It's just dead now.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
Eastwind

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 01:33:09 PM

I think Litecoin would die in the next few years if there is no innovation at all. The only thing that Litecoin is good for is trading and holding it for long term. In the end, Bitcoin will stay for plenty of years to come. Just my opinion.  Smiley

That is my main concern for litecoin. There is no active development at all. We do not need bitcoin No2. In terms of innovation, lite coin is inferior to Monero, Ethereum and Dash. The user base has shrunk a lot since the introduction of ASIC. I used to mine litecoin, not any more.
midmir

Activity: 159

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 02:04:55 PM

Bitcoin and Litecoin (and most of the alts) are not competing against each other.
They should beautifully compliment and share insights.
We need multiple cryptocurrencies in order to form industry and active markets.

We all know who the real enemy is.
kyrios_

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 03:16:47 PM

That is my main concern for litecoin. There is no active development at all. We do not need bitcoin No2. In terms of innovation, lite coin is inferior to Monero, Ethereum and Dash. The user base has shrunk a lot since the introduction of ASIC. I used to mine litecoin, not any more.
does Bitcoin have more development than litecoin? I'm not implying anything just curious haha
stromma44

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 03:22:01 PM

The only thing that Litecoin has useful is that it has faster confirmation times than Bitcoin itself. Maybe it is because Litecoin's network is not as crowded as Bitcoin's. Even still, it is good to keep both of them and play with the markets (if you know what I mean)  Roll Eyes

Yeah both sounds great, but would love to hold more number of bitcoins as compared to litecoins as I believe that the future of bitcoins is much more promising as compared to litecoins and people have more faith in bitcoins as bitcoins would be a king when it comes to cryptos in future.
midmir

Activity: 159

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 05:02:37 PM

does Bitcoin have more development than litecoin? I'm not implying anything just curious haha

As the Litecoin founder stated they collaborate and share code base with the Bitcoin developers in both directions.
gripflierGO

Activity: 533
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 06:41:02 PM

I'd pick bitcoin over litecoin anyday

There's more demand for bitcoin than litecoin

I believe bitcoin will keep continue to grow even when it has it lows, it wil lalways bounce back up

Yes bitcoin is always better then any other crypto currency as bitcoin is developing and getting popular day by day and bitcoin is taking care of all our needs then why to experiment with some other crypto which we are not that familiar to, it is better that we stay with bitcoins as bitcoins has more advantages as compared to litecoins and the future of bitcoins is far better then litecoins, Litecoins might just disappear in the coming years, but will stay strong and longer.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: