Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 11:45:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] NeuCoin - Easy to use, free to try, focused on micropayments - Official  (Read 196151 times)
myhash

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 03:02:04 PM

Hi All NeuCoin fans,

i just noticed an announcement on the neucoin forum.
There is now a NeuCoin Forum TippingBot
It was announced here: http://forum.neucoin.org/t/neucoin-forum-tipping-bot-live-during-pre-release/897
and works with virtual neucoins (converted to real neucoins as soon as neucoin launches).

the bot gives away this free neucoin now even before the official launch, with the following statement:
"The goal of this bot is to encourage the community to engage with each other in a discussion about how we can grow the community. What marketing tools we have, and where we can find new community members.

Like the image with the circle "coin sale -> utily -> users ->" in the strategic plan tells us, it is now time to start using NeuCoin!"

Let me be the first to say, please tip me (it is free):  Grin
 http://tipneu.com/tip/DEMO62461DEMO60865DEMO
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 05:51:42 PM

But I implore you, look at the bigger picture, and ask yourself - "Would not cryptocurrency and this whole creation of giving the control back to the people benefit more from a wider adoption by the common man?"... And I believe NeuCoin is one of the companies leading the way.

Sorry to say this, but you have not understood one tiny little bit of the NeuCoin-concept.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 07:09:54 PM

I believe that for a cryptocurrency or alternate payment system to be successful, and to really achieve what the true aim of cryptocurrency is - decentralization not issued by any central authority, immune to government interference or manipulation. A currency for the people, by the people, and governed by the people - not by some bigwig, money grubbing, "we make the rules" authority 

So lets see here... neucoin team is keeping 2 billion coins to themselves while selling 100 million to the public (for about $900,000)...Can you explain again how is this coin is not "issued by a bigwig money grubing authority" ?  What am I missing?

skyline247

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 11:37:51 PM

But I implore you, look at the bigger picture, and ask yourself - "Would not cryptocurrency and this whole creation of giving the control back to the people benefit more from a wider adoption by the common man?"... And I believe NeuCoin is one of the companies leading the way.

Sorry to say this, but you have not understood one tiny little bit of the NeuCoin-concept.

And what, Sir, might I have missed. I only touched on a few key points that are of interest to me. I fully understand that there is more, oh so much more behind their strategy, but my post merely emphasized the adoption of cryptocurrency by the common consumer. This is what I believe will drive the growth of cryptocurrency, today, and into the future. The more people know about and understand what cryptocurrency is, how to obtain it, and how to use it, the more it will be adopted into the mainstream of the common consumer, not just the core technical clientele.
  From Neucoin.org I quote -
   "NeuCoin believes that a digital currency could achieve mainstream adoption if it were free to try out, easy to use, and offered some real, immediate utility to make consumers want to come back for more. This is NeuCoin’s vision.
  NeuCoin’s plan to get there is to use coin distribution as a strategic tool to create a virtuous cycle of token buyers and adoption that keeps growing the cryptocurrency’s utility. By using the foundations’ pre-mined coins and capital from buyers to build real utility for regular consumers and effectively acquire and retain mainstream users, NeuCoin aims to be the first digital currency to reach mass adoption."
  So forgive my ineptitude, but do please enlighten me. I am always open and willing to learn more.
skyline247

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 11:57:38 PM

I believe that for a cryptocurrency or alternate payment system to be successful, and to really achieve what the true aim of cryptocurrency is - decentralization not issued by any central authority, immune to government interference or manipulation. A currency for the people, by the people, and governed by the people - not by some bigwig, money grubbing, "we make the rules" authority 

So lets see here... neucoin team is keeping 2 billion coins to themselves while selling 100 million to the public (for about $900,000)...Can you explain again how is this coin is not "issued by a bigwig money grubing authority" ?  What am I missing?

And I do agree with you wholeheartedly jonald. 2 billion coins seems like a classic hoard of the diamonds before the peons get the dust. However, at least as I read it, or what they say, if they are to be believed at least, those pre-mined coins will be used to fund expenditures of the three NeuCoin foundations - the NeuCoin Code Foundation, the NeuCoin Growth Foundation, and the NeuCoin Utility Foundation, which, I might add, are Non-Profit. It is not like a greedy developer premining 2 billion coins so as to cash in greatly when the prices rise. These coins will fund the growth and development of the coin and its organization.
  Again, 2 billion coins seems like an enormous overkill, and I think they should have rethought that figure a little more before going live with the public announcement and sale. Either they are devaluing the cost of the coin after launch, or they are overinflating what it takes to run a day to day operation, not sure which. All I have to offer is again, that the foundations are determined Non-Profit. Looking at a lot of Non-Profit organizations in today's society, however, is not very assuring. So we will just have to see.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 12:33:49 AM

Exactly.  non profit doesn't mean that much as they could still have whatever staff costs (including executive staff) they desire. 

What I find disdainful about neucoin is the dishonesty.  There is nothing technically innovative about it, yet they claimed there is. If they wanted to do a coin based around mass marketing and adoption, they should have simply stated that with full transparency without the bogus claims of solving proof of stake issues.

Also, the idea that they are going to get more adoption than Bitcoin in one year is not plausible to me.  Its overhyped claims and promises being sold here.

skyline247

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 01:10:26 AM

Exactly.  non profit doesn't mean that much as they could still have whatever staff costs (including executive staff) they desire.  

What I find disdainful about neucoin is the dishonesty.  There is nothing technically innovative about it, yet they claimed there is. If they wanted to do a coin based around mass marketing and adoption, they should have simply stated that with full transparency without the bogus claims of solving proof of stake issues.

Also, the idea that they are going to get more adoption than Bitcoin in one year is not plausible to me.  Its overhyped claims and promises being sold here.

Fair enough. I do, I really do, see your points. And I agree, their papers and media releases seem like a politician going for a term run - not sure of which platform on which to stand. For me, however, I do see some innovation and creativity, but to each their own. My main point is that they will be trying to boost the adoption of the common consumer. Sure, I don't see how they will garner the adoption of Bitcoin in one year. Bitcoin was, and still is king in that department. However, Bitcoin was the first, the innovater, the noveau concept that just made you want to jump in, even if you didn't fully know what it was yet. I believe that NeuCoin will try to accomplish wider adoption with education that Bitcoin was lacking in through its first years.
 Yes, NeuCoin is making some very big claims, and I agree that it will be next to impossible to accomplish, but I for one am glad that their is at least another company in the fray trying to reach the common consumer. If everyone knew and understood the process behind crypto - from acquiring it all the way down to what utilities it could serve, I believe we would all be better off.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 01:37:00 AM

yes hopefully they will raise awareness about cryptocurrency.

Lightsplasher

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 03:00:51 AM

Exactly.  non profit doesn't mean that much as they could still have whatever staff costs (including executive staff) they desire. 

What I find disdainful about neucoin is the dishonesty.  There is nothing technically innovative about it, yet they claimed there is. If they wanted to do a coin based around mass marketing and adoption, they should have simply stated that with full transparency without the bogus claims of solving proof of stake issues.

Also, the idea that they are going to get more adoption than Bitcoin in one year is not plausible to me.  Its overhyped claims and promises being sold here.

I guess a couple of things really puzzle me about it all.  Non-profits usually have some type of over all goal like “Save the elves” or “Save the rainbow people” but I'm puzzled as to the overreaching goal here, “Save the Oligarchy?”.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Our donations are going in what percentage to the needy poor people?  Grin

In my opinion a better business model is a worker owned cooperative where profits are shared among the community if there are any.  Sounds a bit like most of the cryptocoins without a massive premine to me.  If the over all goal of the nonprofits is to improve adoption of cryptocoins and help the poor I'm not sure why they would not focus more on helping out adoption of the host of other similar such coins currently developed though taking donations and organizing bounties and contests to redistribute the donated value.  (Perhaps they will it remains to be seen)

Additionally, based on how I've seen other PoS coins operate I'm not sure about how well this one will work.  Without adding coin weight through aging, all the utxo blocks will always carry the same weight based on their size Huh and with this many coins I would expect the difficulty could get quite high.  I'll be interested to see how things work out; there seems like a potential to control coin supply by the major players through adjusting utxo block size and computing resources, but perhaps I'm not understanding something here.

I do hope people have a good experience and it improves the mass adoption of cryptocurrency, that would be nice.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 03:07:06 AM

The obvious answer is that they are trying to make money for themselves.  there is nothing wrong with that per se, however I just don't see it being a good deal for most investors.

Voidcrafter

Activity: 481
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 12:45:53 PM

I bought some , if there is a pump I win , however I think with the team they have they might be able to fullfill their goal and this could realy make me a good amount of money.

.Удиви мeня
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Бapaxoлкa CCCP - иcтopии и paccкaзы
 Coчи 360 - Иcтopии из жизни
 - Днeвник ГУФИкa иcтopии пpo coбaк
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
rizzlarolla

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 02:24:40 PM

I did not buy any.
If there is a pump there will be a dump.
With the team they have, they will probably make themselves good money
kushti

Activity: 315
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2015, 03:30:13 PM

So Neucoin development guys, what's about grinding? https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/neucoin%27s-40-page-white-paper-rebuts-all-nothing-at-stake-objections/msg176475/#msg176475

Ergo Platform core dev. Previously IOHK Research / Nxt core dev / SmartContract.com cofounder.
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 04:18:21 PM

I bought some , if there is a pump I win , however I think with the team they have they might be able to fullfill their goal and this could realy make me a good amount of money.

I make a quick translation of what you wrote: "Greed switches brain off".
rizzlarolla

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 11:53:54 PM

I suppose an expert trader may find opportunity here, but as any kind of serious coin?
Its not for me on any level.
rizzlarolla

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 10:09:04 PM

When Neucoins were purchased presale, the terms and conditions stated that you will receive a refund if Neucoin is never launched. ok.
But, they also stated that the released Neucoin token could take any form, possibly being substantially different to white paper aspirations.
I fear early purchasers face exactly that, a technically watered down Neucoin, lacking the implied innovation.
considering any one can buy and launch a crypto for very little dollar, Neucoin token will be launched, IMO.
No return of 4000 btc required.

Then what? foundations, founders and angels mine £70,000, at presale price, approx, per day.
Thats £2m worth of Neucoin per month that will need to be sold, I presume.

Hard to see how a private investor could liquify a holding, except below quoted market values, IMO.

Or given away,To further adoption.

"Immediate utility to make consumers want to come back for more"  Except there is no immediate utility is there? Three sites next year seems to be the ambition, so no immediate utility at all, as far as I can see.
"Easy to use" I strongly disagree. With such high returns for staking in the early years, it is essentially obligatory to mine.

I cannot see "mass adopters", grabbing at this crypto coin just to hold, to mine and tip on Jango.com

I fear Neucoin will only give another bad experience, therefore harming crypto adoption.

just my  opinion. good luck
Gekko463

Activity: 545

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 12:12:10 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2015, 08:10:04 AM by Gekko463

They are also shutting down any dissent on their home forum, neucoin.org.

Not only was my account suspended, EVERY POST (over a dozen, I believe) I made there, save one has been deleted and sent down the memory hole.

http://www.reddit.com/r/neucoin/comments/35ltyf/why_is_gekko4631_still_suspended/

You know who does that?  Dictators, Communists, and Con-men.

Truth, dissent, discussion, balance, and freedom of expression are NOT neucoin management values.

Censorship is an admission of defeat in an argument.

This thing is going to be a small asterisk in the dustbin of alt coin history.
Glucose

Activity: 861

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 03:19:19 PM

"Jackson Palmer and Alex Norstrom, have decided to step down from their official roles."

http://forum.neucoin.org/t/changes-regarding-neucoin-s-advisors/943
Bavaria

Activity: 1032
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 06:40:51 PM

Wow, this coin has a female dev?  Wink
rizzlarolla

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 08:10:07 PM

They are also shutting down any dissent on their home forum, neucoin.org.

Not only was my account suspended, EVERY POST (over a dozen, I believe) I made there, save one has been deleted and sent down the memory hole.

http://www.reddit.com/r/neucoin/comments/35ltyf/why_is_gekko4631_still_suspended/

You know who does that?  Dictators, Communists, and Con-men.

Truth, dissent, discussion, balance, and freedom of expression are NOT neucoin management values.

Censorship is an admission of defeat in an argument.

This thing is going to be a small asterisk in the dustbin of alt coin history.

From the neucoin forum user list

gekko4631
This user is suspended until May 6, 2016 3:36pm.
Reason: Making personal attacks and repeatedly spamming on the NeuCoin forum

Jeff23
This user is suspended until May 18, 2016 3:52pm.
Reason: Clearly trying to discredit NeuCoin rather than contribute to make it successful. Harshing on my buzz, dude.

NomadBR
This user is suspended until May 18, 2016 7:07pm.
Reason: Subtracting value from the NeuCoin Project

gurkin
This user is suspended until May 18, 2016 7:11pm.
Reason: Subtracting value from the NeuCoin Project

It seems a cull is on at neucoin forum...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: