Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 03:33:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] NeuCoin - Easy to use, free to try, focused on micropayments - Official  (Read 196150 times)
greg123

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 11:36:02 AM

[...]
I have never heard of any other coin that has restrictions like this.
[...]

Me neither, but then again, ever heard of a coin were founders and team keep like 99% after the pre-sale  Roll Eyes

That's not how I read the post. The founders and team don't control the majority of the coins. The foundations do, for the first few years, then a minority even as the coins are distrubuted. And the foundations have a defined plan for how to distrubute them to consumers, exchanges, games etc.
And all coins will be in specific wallets and transactions seen on the blockchain and disclosed in reports. So that's good.

Another thing I like is that all the coins distrubuted by the foundations will have sale restrictions too.

Oh, the foundations - do they have nothing to do with founders and team?

As for the monitoring, that's a property of blockchain tech, it's not really a USP.

The team may sit on the board of the foundations for the first year but that doesn't mean they can (or would want to) take all the coins.

Here's how I read it:

The foundations will have all their coins in published wallets - which makes it easy to see if, when and where coins go out.  

The reports will explain who the recipients are and what the coins are for - and follow the distrubution plan they published.
So I can't see how the team could steal from the foundations without anyone finding out.

Team, angel investors, exchanges, game companies, etc will also have their restricted coins in published accounts where it can be verified that they stay and abide by sale restrictions. So I can't see how they could dump more than what's come unrestricted without anyone finding out either.

I believe that they are trying to make this work so that the coins they have will go up in value - not try and steal more coins in a way that tanks the value. That's why they have sale restrictions in the first place - to calm the market that they can't dump. They didn't have to invent sale restrictions, but they did. Remember what happened when Jeb McCaleb said he was going to sell all his Ripple? They were completely unrestricted and he was an enormous whale and the price of XRP tanked, even though he never actually sold! Just on fear alone. That's why they added these restrictions, to avoid something like that.

I think the structure with the foundations, the distrubution plan and the restrictions is smart.
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 12:05:32 PM

The team may sit on the board of the foundations for the first year but that doesn't mean they can (or would want to) take all the coins.

Here's how I read it:

The foundations will have all their coins in published wallets - which makes it easy to see if, when and where coins go out.  

The reports will explain who the recipients are and what the coins are for - and follow the distrubution plan they published.
So I can't see how the team could steal from the foundations without anyone finding out.

Team, angel investors, exchanges, game companies, etc will also have their restricted coins in published accounts where it can be verified that they stay and abide by sale restrictions. So I can't see how they could dump more than what's come unrestricted without anyone finding out either.

I believe that they are trying to make this work so that the coins they have will go up in value - not try and steal more coins in a way that tanks the value. That's why they have sale restrictions in the first place - to calm the market that they can't dump. They didn't have to invent sale restrictions, but they did. Remember what happened when Jeb McCaleb said he was going to sell all his Ripple? They were completely unrestricted and he was an enormous whale and the price of XRP tanked, even though he never actually sold! Just on fear alone. That's why they added these restrictions, to avoid something like that.

I think the structure with the foundations, the distrubution plan and the restrictions is smart.

I emphasized the important sentence -> The team will do everything to make the value go up.
This is planned because that way and with the vast majority of coins under their control for a really long time, they can get rich slowly and consistently.

You call it smart, I call it reckless and greedy.

scam confirmed

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 12:32:56 PM

Here's how I read it:

I emphasized the important sentence -> The team will do everything to make the value go up.
This is planned because that way and with the vast majority of coins under their control for a really long time, they can get rich slowly and consistently.

So sure, the incentives are aligned to prevent extreme-short-term profiting by the team. But, the incentives acknowledge the ultimate futility and hopelessness of this altcoin effort, in the face of Bitcoin, by taking only a slightly longer view (6 months to 1 year to 3 years).

torrgeek

Activity: 38

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 12:46:49 PM

So now the allegations of a pump and dump have metamorphosed into "getting rich slowly and consistently". That's interesting, troll.
greg123

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 12:55:01 PM

I don't see it as reckless and greedy at all. I see it as responsible and fair. A smart way to create steady, long term growth that benefits everyone who owns coins, with some mechanisms in place to prevent big holders from dumping.

A slow, steady rise in value prevents P&D, is good for the coin and will help it grow even more (more consumers, more services), and therefore good for all holders. No pump, no dump - just steady growth.

And remember, the reason it would even go up in value in the first place is all the stuff the foundations are doing - distrubution to stimulate new services, acquiring lots of users, integrating with mobile games, etc. And the reason it won't tank is because of the restrictions.

If the creators get rich this way who cares? Everyone else gets rich too! Because it's a smart structure and there is no dump.
scam confirmed

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 01:04:23 PM

So now the allegations of a pump and dump have metamorphosed into "getting rich slowly and consistently". That's interesting, troll.

If the creators get rich this way who cares? Everyone else gets rich too! Because it's a smart structure and there is no dump.

I wonder why no one of the presale buyers gives his view on the intransparent distribution of BTC from public presale as well as the intransparent distribution of $$$ from strategic angel investors prior to public presale. Is it because you don't want to know?

BTW: I still think it's a pump and dump. Insiders will make sure to reach ROI as soon as possible.

Berkeley

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 01:05:46 PM

From what I see angels, presale buyers, people who filled up surveys and team are very motivated in a success of Neucoin.

That makes a large group of motivated people working towards one goal. The power of community efforts usually equals good results.

Those who don't like Neucoin have a huge choice besides Bitcoin - Litecoin, Peercoin, Ripple or more exotic like Unobtanium and etc.

Don't get all this whining around it. If you don't trust them, move on.

newtoallofthis2

Activity: 17

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 01:17:48 PM

I've answered a similar question before. I consider the NoKoin project as an interesting psychological study in which all facets of human blindness are studyable.

Thanks for answering Mr Confirmed (or should I call you Scam?). I mean, its utter bollocks, but at least you took a shot (Rizzlarolla take note!).

For starters, *All* facets of human blindness? Even the most obvious, as in people who actually have no eyesight? How about colour blindness? Why don't you come clean and tell us which Altcoin you are a fan of? Gekko for all his unhinged bigotry makes no secret of the fact that he is big into UNO (I think the crypto currency - although it may be the card game - you never know with him) so its clear to see he's trying to talk down the competition. Actually I say makes no secret, its all over his post history on Reddit and here, but oddly he never mentions it in any of his NeuCoin attack posts - he's only here to save us poor innocents from ourselves!

RizzlaRolla - still waiting to hear from you pal! Which coin are you invested in? Why do you hate NeuCoin? Perhaps you consider Neucoin an interesting psychological study in which all facets of human deafness are studyable?

This is simply brilliant.

LiQio
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 01:19:58 PM

[...]

Look, greg123, we all know that your a team-member sockpuppet created a couple of days ago.

Still..., yes, founders getting rich, nothing bad per se.

There is no dump (because supply side is controlled entirely by founders), but still a pump (look at the marketing efforts, the forum hopping, the paid articles, the ad campaigns, ...).

If you call that smart, well call it smart.
I call it long run scam.

LiQio
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 01:27:37 PM

From what I see angels, presale buyers, people who filled up surveys and team are very motivated in a success of Neucoin.

How do you see that, number of Neucon sockpuppets in the thread?
Scream

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

U will never know the true answer, before you try

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 01:32:51 PM

hemm im sign up this coin, and now im join at beta tester
when this coin will be launch ? any chance will avaible at big market Smiley
scam confirmed

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 01:34:01 PM

I've answered a similar question before. I consider the NoKoin project as an interesting psychological study in which all facets of human blindness are studyable.

Thanks for answering Mr Confirmed (or should I call you Scam?). I mean, its utter bollocks, but at least you took a shot (Rizzlarolla take note!).

For starters, *All* facets of human blindness? Even the most obvious, as in people who actually have no eyesight? How about colour blindness? Why don't you come clean and tell us which Altcoin you are a fan of? Gekko for all his unhinged bigotry makes no secret of the fact that he is big into UNO (I think the crypto currency - although it may be the card game - you never know with him) so its clear to see he's trying to talk down the competition. Actually I say makes no secret, its all over his post history on Reddit and here, but oddly he never mentions it in any of his NeuCoin attack posts - he's only here to save us poor innocents from ourselves!

"tell us which Altcoin you are a fan of"

OUCH. This is one aspect of human blindness Wink

Never fall in love with an asset! Love makes blind!

greg123

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 01:44:35 PM

[...]

There is no dump (because supply side is controlled entirely by founders), but still a pump (look at the marketing efforts, the forum hopping, the paid articles, the ad campaigns, ...).

I call it long run scam.

Not a team member, didn't even buy in the presale. Just a survey guy.

Marketing a product isn't a pump, much less a scam. Trying to grow a user base isn't a pump, much less a scam. Developing services to make the product better for the users isn't a pump, much less a scam. Especially if there's no dump, just steady growth.

By your definition any product is a pump and a scam. That just doesn't make sense.
Berkeley

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 01:51:38 PM

“If you don’t believe me or don’t get it, I don’t have time to try to convince you, sorry.” - Satoshi Nakamoto
LiQio
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 01:52:13 PM

[...]

I call it long run scam.

Not a team member, didn't even buy in the presale. Just a survey guy.

Marketing a product isn't a pump, much less a scam. Trying to grow a user base isn't a pump, much less a scam. Developing services to make the product better for the users isn't a pump, much less a scam. Especially if there's no dump, just steady growth.

By your definition any product is a pump and a scam. That just doesn't make sense.

1. What definition?
2. Give my yours please.
LiQio
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 01:53:28 PM

“If you don’t believe me or don’t get it, I don’t have time to try to convince you, sorry.” - Satoshi Nakamoto

I take this as a farewell.

Good-bye sock  Grin
greg123

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 01:55:25 PM

The coin will launch before September 30. Available on exchanges supposedly a few weeks after.

Give me your Neucoin test address and I'll send you some test coins!
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 01:58:15 PM

The coin will launch before September 30. Available on exchanges supposedly a few weeks after.

you sure you want before September 30?
greg123

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 02:16:12 PM

you sure you want before September 30?
They're just test coins, makes me feel generous.
torrgeek

Activity: 38

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 04:06:41 PM

"tell us which Altcoin you are a fan of"

OUCH. This is one aspect of human blindness Wink

Never fall in love with an asset! Love makes blind!

Well, hate (born out of fear) makes blind too..
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: