Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:03:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Tau-Chain and Agoras Official Thread: Generalized P2P Network  (Read 309533 times)
ELikesCrypto

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 09:23:02 AM

Iggy - give it a rest mate  trying to trash talk the price down is neither original nor effective

It just gets annoying cause I get email notifications every time you troll and I jump onto BTT hoping for something useful only to find more of your trolling.

Not entirely your fault, BTT is not that flexible or customisable, but mate, you've said your piece ok, time to move on, people will see your posts alright, don't worry.

people have the  right to know this information to draw conclusions which are very obvious, i would leave it but he is deleting all my post where i quote  him talking about huge price increase, or where i mentioned that we still  dont know his identity or that he is not releasing any concrete information because " he is not good at explaining" to people who invested alot of money.
People need to know, i dont want  people to lose their life savings.
- No one is deleting any posts here
- Ohad identy has always been known. There are many YouTube videos with interviews etc.
- Ohad is writing a white paper in which the Tau Chain concept will be explained in simple terms. He has always been honest in not being able to give a timeline for this.

So stop spreading lies. You are either too lazy and stupid to investigate, or you are under the illusion that you have an influence on the price. Either way, i don't understand what all the fuss here is about. A couple of days ago you could buy AGRS for 11000 s on Bittrex, and no one was complaining or asking for timelines. Now, we've got all these newbies who are fudding as if their lives depend on it.
Do some decent investigation before you buy something, and learn from this instead of spreading bullshit.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
takertrade

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 10:15:09 AM

2 years and no alpha release
ohad need to work faster  Smiley
medstudent

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

eGold Mining is the FUTURE of the Mining Industry!

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2017, 10:21:26 AM

WHERE IS PROOF OF OHAD BURNING THE UNSOLD COINS, HE MADE SAME SCHEME IN 2016 BUT NEVER BURNED COINS.

Pardon my ignorance but how is that a scheme? If he burns the unsold coins (which I think all of the 60% he was selling got sold), he will kinda be profiting because the rest of his coins would be worth way more than the high we had the other day.

I might not like how he goes about this project, but if you read through the entire thread, the community is the one guiding Ohad so I don't think he's scamming anyone. Like I was complaining about no white paper but if you go back a few months the commmhnity collectively decided to only release the product when it is ready. The reason being, tezos stole one of Ohads codes and used it as their own. He doesn't want people to steal his ideas, and that's fine with me.

I still plead him to hire more developers to aid him in his goal. Have them sign a legal agreement that they cannot work on any similar project for the next 3-5 years. This will insure Ohad is the father of his idea and even if someone copies it, he can claim a lot of their equity by suing them.

Also please hire someone to redo the website lol. Preferably someone from this community who would be invested in the project so they would do their best job. You don't even have to work on it. All you have to do is give it your approval. I'm sure some community members would even take payment in the form of crypto lol.

You know, I've had a negative attitude so far but I'm willing to see where this project goes.

Wish you all the best and please heed some of my advice!

Hey brother, I've committed to helping Ohad on the website as soon as we're closer to alpha. I've got some great designers who build really modern websites. I hope that helps. The marketing & branding from my team etc WILL come, trust me, i'm all for it but, we didn't want to market something we didn't have, that'd be the true meaning of scam. It's just a matter of when he's closer to alpha. I speak with Ohad privately and i'm just as committed as he is.

Would you mind sending me a screen shot of the conversation you had with Ohad? I'd love to trust you, but I haven't seen anything from Ohad, so if you have a screenshot you can send me privately I would really appreciate it.

Madpaia

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 11:52:51 AM

Iggy - give it a rest mate  trying to trash talk the price down is neither original nor effective

It just gets annoying cause I get email notifications every time you troll and I jump onto BTT hoping for something useful only to find more of your trolling.

Not entirely your fault, BTT is not that flexible or customisable, but mate, you've said your piece ok, time to move on, people will see your posts alright, don't worry.

people have the  right to know this information to draw conclusions which are very obvious, i would leave it but he is deleting all my post where i quote  him talking about huge price increase, or where i mentioned that we still  dont know his identity or that he is not releasing any concrete information because " he is not good at explaining" to people who invested alot of money.
People need to know, i dont want  people to lose their life savings.
- No one is deleting any posts here
- Ohad identy has always been known. There are many YouTube videos with interviews etc.
- Ohad is writing a white paper in which the Tau Chain concept will be explained in simple terms. He has always been honest in not being able to give a timeline for this.

So stop spreading lies. You are either too lazy and stupid to investigate, or you are under the illusion that you have an influence on the price. Either way, i don't understand what all the fuss here is about. A couple of days ago you could buy AGRS for 11000 s on Bittrex, and no one was complaining or asking for timelines. Now, we've got all these newbies who are fudding as if their lives depend on it.
Do some decent investigation before you buy something, and learn from this instead of spreading bullshit.

totally agree, and disappointed last minute moneymakers should stop flooding this talk, before reading what has been posted here since the 29th of June.
Rw13enlib88
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1025

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 12:18:02 PM

wow more than 20 pages in 7 days...

guess half of the posts are people crying...

you've had more than a year to buy but you just want to wait to the last day  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

just buy before it's too late  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Eventine

Activity: 90

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 12:56:20 PM

Agoras has a limited number of tokens which stands at 42 million. All unsold tokens, if any, by the time Agoras is released will be burned. This has been the promise the entire time. The actual date of Agoras' release is likely some time away.

This is reflecting the integrity of Ohad who is only reserving a very limited number of tokens (3%) for himself and his development team, which is a far smaller stake than any other project out there. At no point is it a promise that a large proportion of tokens will be burned by the end of the fund raising period. The distribution of tokens is one of the fairest in all ICOs to date.

Constructive criticism is always welcome but please try to keep it at least remotely factually correct and in a single message if possible.
drm
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 01:28:34 PM
Last edit: August 23, 2017, 12:43:34 AM by drm

what should he do pump the market for hundreds of btc ? :p

martellalex

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 01:30:02 PM

This sort of dilemma won't occur in the future, because a sale like this in the future will take place on Agoras itself, with the rules encoded unambiguosly in a smart contract. We like the idea of smart contracts because it takes human judgement -- which can be swayed by the news and crazy movements on Bittrex -- out of the picture, and is just...fair.

Ohad, it is clear you want to be fair, and look at the big picture and what's best for the project. But I think being moved by what you see happening in the market and second-guessing your original offer is ultimately unfair, mostly to members of this community.

There is concern about fairness to people who bought on Bittrex for a higher price. But if these people lose out, it is *unfortunate*, but not *unfair*. An properly-run exchange is inherently fair. You offer to sell at a price, I offer to buy, we exchange funds as agreed. As long as the rules of the exchange are honored, fair is fair.

What is unfair is if rules are set, and then not respected, at the gain of one and loss of the other.

Keep in mind also that prices on the market could fall tomorrow to $.20. If that happens, not honoring the contract would be incredibly unfair to those who purchase from you at $.66c.

No matter what you decide, and no matter what the market does, there will be winners and losers. But if the original price is not respected for those of us who tentatively purchased in June, the losers will be people like me that have actually been following this project, and scrambled to get some Bitcoin together so they could buy in bulk directly from you in June before the deadline July 1, only to see the rules changed. So it will be unfair *and* mostly hurt people on this forum.

Who would the winners be? You could argue that existing token holders (which I am) will benefit because by raising the price for this tentative sale, we reduce the # of tokens sold (since there is a fixed # of bitcoin sent to the tentative sale address), and therefore reduce supply and put upward pressure on the market price.

But I think this is doubly wrong, if you really think about it. It's an attempt to manipulate the market and raise the price by not honoring the purchase terms originally offered. Plus it probably won't work. It will result in ultimately a very small # of tokens compared to the total supply, so the affect on the market will probably be minimal.

I think the most fair thing for you to do is totally ignore the market, and try to emulate a smart contract.

The more I think about it the more I think there is a need to honour the June spreadsheet prices AND have a lock up, especially for the "tentative" sale.  Disclaimer, I contributed to the "tentative" sale and bought some on market, at a loss currently.

The reason is that any price that Ohad mentions here will risk dropping the price on Bittrex.  I wouldn't  have a problem with that per se, I'm in for the long haul, except that buying on market (which is rational if the price is at or below the direct price) delivers cash to a trader, not to Ohad or the Tau project.  Very bad for everyone, except perhaps short term traders!

If you lock up the coins though, there will hopefully (although not guaranteed) be a period where the Bittrex price should trade above the direct sale price, because the Bittrex AGRS are unncumbered, thus making it easy and rational for those of us who are fine to forego near term liquidity on Bittrex and buy at a cheaper (though less liquid) price directly.

So - I propose a one month lock up with June prices and suggest Ohad set a date in clear UTC time by which we give him a YES / NO decision on clear price, lock up time, and supply available terms  after which the decision is irreversible and if he doesn't hear back he refunds the contribution.

Allocation % of supply can fluctuate (not price per AGRS tho) depending on final decisions received by the cut off date.  But to do this we need clarity as to what total supply is available for the tentative sale.

Thoughts?
iCoinWatch

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 01:39:52 PM

Hey brother, I've committed to helping Ohad on the website as soon as we're closer to alpha. I've got some great designers who build really modern websites. I hope that helps. The marketing & branding from my team etc WILL come, trust me, i'm all for it but, we didn't want to market something we didn't have, that'd be the true meaning of scam. It's just a matter of when he's closer to alpha. I speak with Ohad privately and i'm just as committed as he is.

As much as I really want to believe you it's hard. Mainly because if you were helping you would have had him do a better job on his PR yesterday.

I offered to write his PR for him, I rewrote it and sent it to him to repost.

All he needs to do is try to comfort the market. He has yet to do that, or try.

This is what I sent him and what the community really needed to hear.

Please not the following is what I rewrote hoping ohad would post to comfort investors. I'm sure everyone will agree this is what we needed to hear.

As promised, following is the status, some discussion, and decisions:

1. We currently have $2m pending on the tentative sale address. Add to that some more funds i got in alts, is worth around 100btc.

2. We saw a great amount of demand when we were selling tokens, we originally planned to only sell 50%. The demand was incredibly strong, so we sold 60%. That is aside from the tentative sale, we came to the decision to dedicate somewhere between 3m to 4.2m tokens to the tentatives. We are hoping to only sell the 3m, but if we see the same amount of demand we are willing to go to 4.2m.

3. June's price was around 16-37 cents, depends on amounts and lock/unlock.

4. Current market price is  82c.

5. For unlocked tokens,  it seems reasonable to distribute 3m tokens for $2m, i.e. 66c a token.

6. locked tokens will be receiving a discount, beyond the normal 15%, on this case. We will be doing a discount to help you buy more towards June's prices.

7. We are suggesting that we do two rounds:
        A. Anyone that is interested in an immediate refund, can ask for it now.
        b. For everyone interested in locked tokens, let me know. But be warned if the demand is just as strong in the worst case, we'll lock your tokens afterwards.
        c. In several hours from now, I will send to the remaining tentative buyers the unlocked tokens according to 66c cents (and corresponding btc refunds).
        d. After we know the amount of money interested in locked tokens, we can offer a price in June's range, with limited supply. The whole over-60% sale will not exceed 4.2m tokens whatsoever (namely a refund will take place accordingly).

8. We are diligently working on a white paper, and we are working hard on the other questions that are commonly asked. It is in everyones best interests that we get this right the first time. This is not just for us, this is for you also. But we are working hard on getting everything accomplished as soon as we can. We have been taught that is better to give you a distant time, and surprise you earlier. We do not want to give a timeline on this because if we reach some sort of roadblock, we do not want to disappoint. So I assure everyone that we will be doing all that we can to keep moving forward.

Thanks for being apart of the future, and we look forward to you taking this journey with us.
Rw13enlib88
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1025

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 01:39:57 PM

The more I think about it the more I think there is a need to honour the June spreadsheet prices AND have a lock up, especially for the "tentative" sale.  Disclaimer, I contributed to the "tentative" sale and bought some on market, at a loss currently.

Thoughts?

dont give a fuck about your loss

Thoughts? you're crying to get some cheap coins.
Just buy in bittrex
Eventine

Activity: 90

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 02:21:19 PM

With respect to the tentative sale, keep in mind that requesting a full refund is always an option. Nobody is forced to buy at the prices Ohad is now offering.

Ohad is already being very accommodating as he has sold far more than he initially planned, which has been announced many times. If he goes much beyond this current point, it will leave him with very little tokens left to raise funds when Tau enters alpha and beyond, and this would not be ideal for the project in the long term.

I hope people are a little more understanding about this issue.
medstudent

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2017, 02:39:07 PM

With respect to the tentative sale, keep in mind that requesting a full refund is always an option. Nobody is forced to buy at the prices Ohad is now offering.

Ohad is already being very accommodating as he has sold far more than he initially planned, which has been announced many times. If he goes much beyond this current point, it will leave him with very little tokens left to raise funds when Tau enters alpha and beyond, and this would not be ideal for the project in the long term.

I hope people are a little more understanding about this issue.

IF tau ever reaches alpha... remember one thing, he stopped his first project because it was horrible. The same can happen to this project.

RRbro

Activity: 33

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 03:10:44 PM

Ohad , Why the price of a coin falls?
Where is a new white papper?
Where is a new website?
What you did during the two years of project existence?

drm
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 03:16:55 PM
Last edit: August 23, 2017, 12:42:43 AM by drm

Haha,  ahad deleted my posts

you can't delete posts in an unmoderated thread
VTec5174

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 03:50:58 PM

There's nothing new to present for last 3+ years. I am investing on the belief that this is a good project. Thus, I am taking the same risk as old investors, so I believe I should have some perk as well.

This project had come under my radar when I noticed activity on the Exchange. Had I known about this project from the beginning I would have invested then. I believe many new investors feel the same.

I'm one of the investors who bought some coins on Bittrex. I'm essential taking the coins from speculators who are looking for quick profit. Is that not a good thing? I'm committed to the project so I'm willing to send the coins to Ohad to lock until alpha.
ohad (OP)

Activity: 897
Merit: 1000

http://idni.org

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2017, 04:07:14 PM

thanks, sorry, we cannot offer anymore any bonus for locking. even for people who lock the tokens themselves (i.e. they simply put them in an address and not move them, then they'll get almost the same bonus as if they were locking them by sending them to me). if they began to lock the tokens later than the upcoming 1 aug, they will not get the additional bonus.

Tau-Chain & Agoras
medstudent

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2017, 04:17:44 PM

read through the thread, the blog, the logs, watch the videos.
design is being finalized and whitepaper is being worked on
we all hope to see an alpha in 2017, but there are no set dates.

since there is no product yet
marketing and things as updating the website  aren't a priority for now.

I feel like we are going to hear the same thing a year from now, just like we heard the same thing last year. (Please go look at the posts from last year, it's people complaining about the same shit we are now. And back then, there wasn't a major increase in price like we had in this recent pump and dump. Also he said he would raise prices 10x in july so he can focus on building the product, yet he isn't raising the prices. He said the same thing last year too, but he didn't keep his word. Why does he keep flip-flopping?)

Someone remember this post next year when he quits this project and tells people it's trash.

From my understanding, Ohad is doing a horrible job. All of you guys are putting blind faith in him. I was willing to give him a chance but seeing some of his posts from last year, he's doing the same thing over again without any progress.

For the love of my investment, can someone tell me WHY I should not worry?

ohad (OP)

Activity: 897
Merit: 1000

http://idni.org

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2017, 04:34:56 PM

there's a huge rationale in going back to june prices for the tentative buyers. but there are also completely uninformed people like the guy above, who innocently bought on bittrex during the hype done by who knows who, even though it was a "fast money" kind of act, still going back to june prices may make them lose even more, at least in the short term. intentional loss, even if made against gamblers, is something to be very well considered. again i'm open for suggestions.

Tau-Chain & Agoras
sunnie4crypto

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 04:40:13 PM

sell your tokens then.  I am buying on the dip thank you very much- so yours will be picked up quickly.  The investors asked Ohad to not release the white paper due to copycats.  Having seen at least one entity copy his writings, I think this is a good idea.   
ohlawdy

Activity: 259
Merit: 100

- "Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now"

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 05:50:08 PM

read through the thread, the blog, the logs, watch the videos.
design is being finalized and whitepaper is being worked on
we all hope to see an alpha in 2017, but there are no set dates.

since there is no product yet
marketing and things as updating the website  aren't a priority for now.

I feel like we are going to hear the same thing a year from now, just like we heard the same thing last year. (Please go look at the posts from last year, it's people complaining about the same shit we are now. And back then, there wasn't a major increase in price like we had in this recent pump and dump. Also he said he would raise prices 10x in july so he can focus on building the product, yet he isn't raising the prices. He said the same thing last year too, but he didn't keep his word. Why does he keep flip-flopping?)

Someone remember this post next year when he quits this project and tells people it's trash.

From my understanding, Ohad is doing a horrible job. All of you guys are putting blind faith in him. I was willing to give him a chance but seeing some of his posts from last year, he's doing the same thing over again without any progress.

For the love of my investment, can someone tell me WHY I should not worry?
If you feel like that take your loss and sell, nobody cares if you worry or not.

Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 »
  Print  

Jump to: