Bitcoin Forum
September 08, 2024, 12:20:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 250 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Spells of Genesis - Innovating the Game Economy with BitCrystals (BCY)  (Read 676387 times)
Viva!

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 08:48:03 AM

Hallo, did you watch what happened to Gemz price?

-60% in two days just because the only market with big liquidity, Poloniex, decided to delist Gemz.

Now : DO YOU REALIZE THE DANGER?

To be listed in more than one important market is not a cute optional, is something vital for the project.

Please do not ignore this topic. Right now bitcrystals are under a potential blackmail from poloniex. More liquidity, more interest and more volume on the coin are vital.

▄▄█████▄▄
▄█████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀

████          ████  ███████████▄▄                                
▀███▄        ▄███▀  █████████████▄                               
██    ▄███▄     ▄███▄      ▄███▄     ▄███▄   ████        ████            ▀████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████
██    ██ ██     ██ ██      ██ ██     ██ ██    ████      ████             ▄████   ██▀        ▀██   ██▀        
██   ██   ██   ██   ██    ██   ██   ██   ██   ▀███▄    ▄███▀    █████████████▀   ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██   ██   ██   ██   ██    ██   ██   ██   ██    ████    ████     ███████████▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██  ██     ██ ██     ██  ██     ██ ██     ██    ████  ████      ████   ████      ██▄        ▄██   ██▄        
██  ██     ▀███▀     ██  ██     ▀███▀     ██    ▀███▄▄███▀      ████    ████      ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████
████████       ████     ████                                
██████        ████      ████                                

WHITEPAPER    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
APPLY FOR CROWDSALE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    BITCOINTALK

Proud Sponsor of
Blockchain 360 at
London Tech Week
  ◢  FACEBOOK
◢  TWITTER
◢  TELEGRAM
◢  MEDIUM

▄▄█████▄▄
▄█████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████████
mill0601
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 10:08:37 AM

-60% in two days just because the only market with big liquidity, Poloniex, decided to delist Gemz.

Now : DO YOU REALIZE THE DANGER?

To be listed in more than one important market is not a cute optional, is something vital for the project.

Please do not ignore this topic. Right now bitcrystals are under a potential blackmail from poloniex. More liquidity, more interest and more volume on the coin are vital.

Definitely agree. Look at the forums here everyone has lost faith and stopped posting here. The project is going down fast and something needs to change.

❘|❘ ICONOMI Fund Management Platform
LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 01:18:32 PM

Gemz community will need to step up and let Poloniex know that they dont support delist of coin.  It happened same with LTBc.  I expect that to actually happen, but i am not always right.
yodark

Activity: 297
Merit: 264

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2016, 02:15:54 PM

Hello!

If I understand well the concern raised by some of you are the following:

- 1. BitCrystals price is having a downtrend and you feel the EDS team doesn't care about it and doesn't put the effort to change it.
- 2. Some people are unhappy with our Marketing strategy thinking we are wasting resources.
- 3. Some people think the solution for a sustainable growth of the project awareness and boost is to be listed on Chinese exchange and for some reason we are not going for it.
- 4. Some people are unhappy with the launch delay.

This is how I oversee the Spells of Genesis project.
In my opinion, compared to lots of other projects we are focusing mainly on delivering value and not much on delivering hype cycles. EDS is not a company that was built over a coin or an asset. We have experience raising funds and delivering value to the end user. I believe a sustainable success comes from a successful way to deliver value to the end user, a user that will actually pay for the benefit. There is time to raise funds, create hype on a promise, and there is a time to build a sustainable product.

My prediction is we are heading sooner or later to a “Token Sale Hangover”. There is a lot of hype over altcoins and a lot of speculation. Right now altcoins have market caps that don't reflect their actual value. No project springs to mind where a company or a end user (outside the crypto space) are willing to pay for. When this hangover will take place there will be a severe correction among altcoins valuation. At EDS we need to make sure we have a solid product and customers who are willing to pay for when the bubble bursts.

This is the very reason the main indicator for us is not the BCY price but SoG’s user engagement, user retention, feedback, etc. Failing to do good with this numbers will sooner or later bring us to the wall whatever value BCY has today.
This is why I'm focusing our communication resources toward card sales and mostly analytics, because at the end of the day that is the product’s value. I measure the success on the number of people who are purchasing cards because they enjoy playing with them. I am personally astonished by those numbers, they are incredible. The engagement and the expense per user is way higher than industry standards. I'm also aware that those numbers are very promising even though they only address a hardcore fanbase. The game is tailored to people who have extensive knowledge of it. This is the reason I decided to take more time to work on features for newcomers to make sure they also will be hooked to SoG.

We could have rushed to launch early but I think it is for the project’s own good to be polished. Going earlier might create hype for a short time frame but overall it would be a lost opportunity. Might have appealed to 25% of the hardcore users but not to the other 75%.

So I’m pretty certain that our strategy is healthy and solid. I also don’t like seeing BCY going down, however resources are scarce so should I put more effort on the coin marketing and less in understanding the product data and optimise it? I feel this may not be a good idea, and could jeopardise the final product.

Nobody is perfect but we try our best, our marketing could be focused on every single aspect of SoG and other stuff could be improved as well. I believe in the power of many. I believe if together we are putting our energy to fill the gaps that will make us stronger. I understand people getting nervous because they feel the project is not progressing quickly enough. Wouldn’t be better putting energy from frustration and complaints into positive actions? For example thanks a lot to GroundBEEFtaxi who posts regularly on Reddit about SoG, this kind of actions will definitely help.

So I encourage you to push us in the right direction, as you already do. We are constantly polishing the product and the strategy to have the best possible outcome. I exhort people to make suggestions, but even more to act in a positive way, as the majority of the community already does. It will help to push the project to the Moon.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
«««« SpellsOfGenesis.com  Collect Monsters and Cards on Blockchain  »Collect« »Trade« »Evolve« »Subscribe to beta now«»»»»
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

heunland

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 02:57:48 PM

FLYINGBLAZE is the latest new SOG blockchain asset, issued in a limited supply of 1 000 units. Starting from Tuesday, May 24th, 3pm CEST, the card will be offered by the Partner Merchant and you can get yours from me, your friendly SoG Partner, for 195 BCY. Just send me a DM to preorder yours  Grin See the official announcement on tumblr: http://spellsofgenesis.tumblr.com/post/144809312315/flying-blaze-tomorrow-at-the-partner-merchants

Stats: Health: 8 | Attack: 3 | Speed: 5 | Element: Fire

I have the cards in stock now. Shoot me a DM if interested. Also a spell of 7 damage to nearest enemy has been added  Grin
coin@coin
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 03:13:43 PM

Thanks for getting back Yodark I have full faith in the game, I do believe the coin is important as others are saying but to me the most important is the success of the game.
If the game is successful once it hist the apple and Google stores I do not believe however that most gamers will be into BitCrystals and will mainly use in-app purchases as not that many people are willing or want to know about BitCrystals and/or Bitcoin (they will need both).

So in my opinion you guys have taken the right approach by concentrating on the game and try to make it fun and worthwhile.

I also do agree that people should be more positive rather than complain.

Someone made the GEMZ example, they haven't released an update in ages, people are using Telegram instead, the project is not being very proactive.
Instead SoG is around, it's delivering new updates every month and the team is actively working on the project.

I have no doubt SoG is going to be here to stay as well as on Poloniex. 
heunland

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 03:37:00 PM

Someone made the GEMZ example, they haven't released an update in ages, people are using Telegram instead, the project is not being very proactive.

Getgems posted an update yesterday and have done so every month before that.

https://medium.com/@GetGems

I agree they have not be that active otherwise.
IOTUSA

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 03:43:31 PM

Can someone tell me how I can sell some SOG cards?

heunland

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 03:56:54 PM

there are several ways to sell your cards. Please join the slack at

https://spellsofgenesis.signup.team/

so we can explain to you in more detail how to go about selling your cards on a swapbot or on the DEX. Some people also just post sell offers here on the forum (see my offer for FLYINGBLAZE above) and make private trades with trusted parties. However if you are a new user, I don´t know how much success you will have using that method.

That said, please post what cards you are looking to sell and what price you are asking.  Grin
IOTUSA

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 04:15:34 PM

so we can explain to you in more detail how to go about selling your cards on a swapbot or on the DEX. Some people also just post sell offers here on the forum (see my offer for FLYINGBLAZE above) and make private trades with trusted parties. However if you are a new user, I don´t know how much success you will have using that method.

That said, please post what cards you are looking to sell and what price you are asking.  Grin

I have 5 genesis cards, 1 Sarutobi card, and 2 Satoshi card Smiley and something called a Sagovotepub but it might be unrelated
And possibly more (it's on my laptop, I'll check). I was a fairly large Crowdsale participant. I'd be happy to discount them some if you are interested in buying them bulk.

OurEverydayEarth

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 04:56:35 PM

That said, please post what cards you are looking to sell and what price you are asking.  Grin

I have 5 genesis cards, 1 Sarutobi card, and 2 Satoshi card Smiley and something called a Sagovotepub but it might be unrelated
And possibly more (it's on my laptop, I'll check). I was a fairly large Crowdsale participant. I'd be happy to discount them some if you are interested in buying them bulk.

Would love to buy the bundle or at least a Satoshi, sent you a DM :0)
heunland

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 06:10:48 PM

I have sent an interested buyer your way, please do respond to his DM  Cheesy
Abicidieffe

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 06:21:40 PM

Hoping the price will go up, thank you yodark for clarifying our doubts in a good manner Smiley
johnybyo

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 08:26:17 PM

We have experience raising funds and delivering value to the end user.

Yes this you did really have. First collect IPO and then take all investors for hostages and sell them over priced cards because they hope to get money from it and delay launch day again and again and continue selling for hostages expesive cards. GG.

coin@coin
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 05:27:15 AM

We have experience raising funds and delivering value to the end user.

Yes this you did really have. First collect IPO and then take all investors for hostages and sell them over priced cards because they hope to get money from it and delay launch day again and again and continue selling for hostages expesive cards. GG.

Nobody is hostage, if after the token sale you wanted to come out of BCY you would have had plenty of occasion at a very convenient profit.
Some of the cards are a little bit more expensive than others but you don't have to buy them all unless you are like me who likes to collect them!
Smiley
MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 06:22:50 AM

BUY SATOSHI CARD, A VERY RARE SPELLS OF GENESIS BLOCKCHAIN-BASED TRADING CARD!

https://swapbot.tokenly.com/bot/mscollec/satoshicard#choose
mill0601
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 08:13:52 AM

Whats the new low for today guys?

Definitely in the running for being delisted.

❘|❘ ICONOMI Fund Management Platform
LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
hnin (OP)

Activity: 754
Merit: 510

EverdreamSoft Team

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2016, 08:42:09 AM

Hoping the price will go up, thank you yodark for clarifying our doubts in a good manner Smiley

Thanks for your positive reaction Smiley

Viva!

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 10:54:21 AM

The Bitcoin Problem, changing blockchain for a better User Experience

Hallo to all, I see a big market and techinical problem around the relationship between a blockchained card game like Spell of Genesis and bitcoin blockchain.

Bitcoin blockchain is slow, but this isn't the main issue. The main issue are the fees.

Currently Core Devs are doing their best to realize a specific vision :

1) small blocksize
2) very high onchain fee
3) a lot of offchain transaction throgh the Lightin Network protocols and sidechains ( Blockstream products)

In this vision, the counterparty protocol is not suitable for cards. Some cards have an high value but the most of the cards worth a very little amount of bitcoins. In the future, the near future, fees will be more than the value of those cards.

Right now is not cleare if and WHEN counterparty protocol could eventualy use offchain transactions.

So my proposal is this: change blockchain with a controlled process

The two most interesting blockchains for SOG are:

1) Ethereum blockchain, powerful but still diffcult to handle
2) Bitshares blockchain, less powerful but very easy to manage

I don't think that is so difficult to add a system that control more than a blockchain in SOG, that's a trivial function, so some cards for same time could exist in the bitcoin blockchain and other card in eth or bts blockchain.

The problem is the switch for the old cards and eventualy bitcrystals. This topic have to handled whit special care.

I know that this new topic add other stress to the sog team, but I realy thing that in a very near time, bitcoin blockchain will be a problem not an opportunity.

Thanks in Advance
Viva!

p.s I know more the bitshares blockchian because currently i'm working with the open ledger team, but i do think that also the eth blockchain fit perfectly with Sog .
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1479359.40
my name is Paolo Rebuffo

▄▄█████▄▄
▄█████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
▀█████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀

████          ████  ███████████▄▄                                
▀███▄        ▄███▀  █████████████▄                               
██    ▄███▄     ▄███▄      ▄███▄     ▄███▄   ████        ████            ▀████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████
██    ██ ██     ██ ██      ██ ██     ██ ██    ████      ████             ▄████   ██▀        ▀██   ██▀        
██   ██   ██   ██   ██    ██   ██   ██   ██   ▀███▄    ▄███▀    █████████████▀   ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██   ██   ██   ██   ██    ██   ██   ██   ██    ████    ████     ███████████▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██  ██     ██ ██     ██  ██     ██ ██     ██    ████  ████      ████   ████      ██▄        ▄██   ██▄        
██  ██     ▀███▀     ██  ██     ▀███▀     ██    ▀███▄▄███▀      ████    ████      ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████
████████       ████     ████                                
██████        ████      ████                                

WHITEPAPER    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
APPLY FOR CROWDSALE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    BITCOINTALK

Proud Sponsor of
Blockchain 360 at
London Tech Week
  ◢  FACEBOOK
◢  TWITTER
◢  TELEGRAM
◢  MEDIUM

▄▄█████▄▄
▄█████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████████
coin@coin
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 11:08:11 AM
Last edit: May 25, 2016, 11:45:34 AM by coin@coin

The Bitcoin Problem, changing blockchain for a better User Experience

Hallo to all, I see a big market and techinical problem around the relationship between a blockchained card game like Spell of Genesis and bitcoin blockchain.

Bitcoin blockchain is slow, but this isn't the main issue. The main issue are the fees.

Currently Core Devs are doing their best to realize a specific vision :

1) small blocksize
2) very high onchain fee
3) a lot of offchain transaction throgh the Lightin Network protocols and sidechains ( Blockstream products)

In this vision, the counterparty protocol is not suitable for cards. Some cards have an high value but the most of the cards worth a very little amount of bitcoins. In the future, the near future, fees will be more than the value of those cards.

Right now is not cleare if and WHEN counterparty protocol could eventualy use offchain transactions.

So my proposal is this: change blockchain with a controlled process

The two most interesting blockchains for SOG are:

1) Ethereum blockchain, powerful but still diffcult to handle
2) Bitshares blockchain, less powerful but very easy to manage

I don't think that is so difficult to add a system that control more than a blockchain in SOG, that's a trivial function, so some cards for same time could exist in the bitcoin blockchain and other card in eth or bts blockchain.

The problem is the switch for the old cards and eventualy bitcrystals. This topic have to handled whit special care.

I know that this new topic add other stress to the sog team, but I realy thing that in a very near time, bitcoin blockchain will be a problem not an opportunity.

Thanks in Advance
Viva!

p.s I know more the bitshares blockchian because currently i'm working with the open ledger team, but i do think that also the eth blockchain fit perfectly with Sog .
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1479359.40
my name is Paolo Rebuffo

Hey Paolo, sorry but sidechains that are being built around Bitcoin like the lightning network will allow for microtransactions for little or no fees.
A new day a new suggestion, what will you guys suggest tomorrow? LOL

Don't worry noone is going to raise fees that much in the near term, and from what you say fees are going to cost as much as a card... not this year, not next IMO.
For one Bitcoin is the most secure and popular blockchain. Ethereum is still in its infancy compared to the well tested Bitcoin and they may hit issues of their own in terms of scalability soon enough.

They are working on Casper and I wish them good luck with that, but until it is proven effective I have my reservations on Ethereum's scalability and speed.

BitShares... No one is using it or they have little traction. However they have very low transaction fees and they were thinking of having 0 fees implemented...
But network effect and user adoption with them is 0 at the moment. I was following them when they did their massive token sales and attempted a DAO, it was so complicated, there was confusing information all over BitsharesTalk that a newbie could only get lost to find anything useful easily. So glad I didn't waste my money on it.

Open Ledger is trying hard to get people on it (I know Ronny, met him in London last year), but I don't know many people who are actually using it.
I do like what they are trying, but it will be a while before it takes off if ever, with all the competition and wish you guys all the best.

Not sure if you have seen Yodark's last message, it explains pretty well what the team is concentrating on and I think unless it is a major issue in the near term (which I doubt)
they better stick to making the game as awesome as possible. Nice of you thinking ahead though.

If and when there will be an issue with BTC I'm sure the team will keep an eye on alternatives however I personally don't believe it is something to worry about right now.
Having a mix of blockchains can be really confusing for new users, have you thought about that, user experience? Especially new non-crypto users that know nothing about crypto tokens?

If push comes to shove it will be trivial to create tokens on Ethereum or another blockchain for BCY and cards, may cost a bit in Tx fees for users and SoG but things can be swapped one by one.
Current users are well used to Counterparty, there are swapbots that allow many in the community to participate in the economy and sell cards... It's not a small change you are proposing.
Some may not even want to go through all this and could cause people to loose interest in the game altogether.

And the way I see blockchain integration in SoG is merely to show your cards in your account as it is now. Blockchain-based cards can be exchanged outside the game.
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 250 »
  Print  

Jump to: