Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 03:13:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 249 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Spells of Genesis - Innovating the Game Economy with BitCrystals (BCY)  (Read 675827 times)
coin@coin
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 11:12:52 AM
Last edit: May 28, 2016, 11:59:37 AM by coin@coin

OpenLedger is paying a PR company for their articles they are not coming out just because they are brilliant, because they are not!
These PR companies cost money, about 12K a month.  

Mr Coin, you have just define yourself as a liar. Please provide proof. Open Ledger do an excellent PR job without "about 12k month". Speak ill of other project is only absence of arguments. Shame on you.

I do believe they have investors outside the crypto space interested too.

Yes exactly. You do Belive.

I only mentioned OpenLedger because you keep bringing it up as an example of good marketing compared to SoG.
Maybe they are not spending 12K a month I can only guess. However 12K a month is what some PR firms charge for their services.

As an example look at this PR (press release, not article) that came up about OpenLedger:
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/initial-coin-offering-openledger-icoo-extends-support-future-icos-order-empower-community/
Media Contact: Ronnie
But who's at the bottom of the article? Bitcoin PRBuzz: A marketing and PR firm: http://bitcoinprbuzz.com/

Here's another one: http://www.coinspeaker.com/2016/05/25/initial-coin-offering-openledger-icoo-extends-support-future-icos-order-empower-community/

So OpenLedger is using one of those firms to market their token sale or ICOO as they call it. Or do they own Bitcoin PR Buzz? I don't know.
Where am I lying? You guys are getting people to write Press Releases, paid articles, etc, or at least to distribute them and to create buzz around them.
Done a little more research and found what they charge too, from $800 to $1000 per press release, they also do monthly or yearly plans.
I can show you their .pdf I found if you don't believe me but I rather not because it's not fair to them.

Their services include spreading PR's and articles all over social media and various channels, how many of these you guys get done a month?
How far I was from 12K a month? Maybe half of that? My point is OpenLedger doesn't do their marketing all on their own, the price I stated originally may be different.

For what I can see the ICOO started on May 20th and they only raised about 34K USD: http://icoo.io/.
Is the marketing effort working? Not really. How much did SoG raise on the first day only? About 240 BTC, and managed to get what they needed and a bit more to get the project going by the end of the sale.
What does that mean? That SoG knows when it is time to push for marketing, who to choose to do their marketing and when to spend the money for marketing.

Nobody is blaming you for that don't get me wrong, you guys are doing a token sale that's when you want marketing to be at its high to pitch it for potential contributors.
Yes when a PR comes out (if newsworthy) some of the other media picks it up. This is how the PR world works and this is what is it used for: to create buzz about an upcoming event or to get people to know of a project/product, like TheDao token sale, the OpenLedger token sale, and (at the time) even the SoG token sale. They certainly have had a PR firm working for them. Everyone does this not only in the crypto space, it happens for every single product you know of, even the ones on supermarket shelves.

However, there is a time for spending money in marketing and PR and there is a time to do some work, development, and that is what SoG is doing right now.
Of course it doesn't mean to have to stop all marketing efforts it means that those efforts may slow down while the projects build what they are supposed to build and get it ready for launch.

I'm confident that marketing is still ongoing with SoG is just that there are not big news coming out right now, give it some time and there will be.
Can you imagine when users are going to be able to build their own levels in SoG? Don't you see yourself playing with that? Or guilds to play in groups of players?

An article a week or even more often will happen organically if the product is worth talking about. Having a few articles saying there is a launch coming in September ain't going to do much for BCY price IMO.
Viva, you have been around for a long while and contributed to this project, I loved your google sheet with all the stats you provided and hope you'll keep doing that.
You seem to care about SoG and hope you still do, I'm not here to compare your other projects to SoG so long as you don't do it as well, otherwise I will tell you my opinion and you got to accept that.
I may be wrong on some things, I don't read people's minds, and I'm not perfect either. I do get frustrated when I see people repeating themselves over and over about the same arguments which are not doing anything towards supporting a project for the best. Feedback is welcome, constructive feedback.

Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 01:18:45 PM

Is someone here that know how many btc worth 1 Sarutobi, 1 Cnpcoin, 1 Shumai?

In this Month a lot of this coin were collected through the pubblic merchant swapbot

1 Sarutobi = 60 BitCrystals
1 Cnpcoin = 150 BitCrystals
1 Shumai = 150 BitCrystals

I am not 100% of Sarutobi, that is price i bought at, but price of unlimited cards should and did not change much. Cnpcoin and Shumai cards price raise only once and is now for long time like this.

Well let's assume your price, in the Public Merchant Swapbots address I see (12u4Vymr3bGTywjMQDgBkwAnazwQuDqzJG)

1050   CNPCOIN
5784   SARUTOBI
14400 SHUMAI

So, I think that your number are to High. (only for Shumai we have more than 2.160.000 bcy equivalent)

Anyone could help?

lol it seems we misunderstood. i posted what is price of each card in bitcrystals. you can see how much is cost of each card in those coins so you just divide. and you get how much bitcrystals is each of those coins.

let me do it

CNPCARD can be purchased for 350 CNPCOIN  ; 1 CNPCARD = 150 BitCrystals   ::: 1 CNPCOIN = 2.33 BitCrystal  ==== 2446.5 BitCrystals
1 SHUMAICARD for 600 SHUMAI ; 1 Shumai = 150 BitCrystals  ::: 1 SHUMAI = 4 BitCrystals  ================57600   BitCrystals
1 SARUTOBICARD for 15 SARUTOBI ; 1 Sarutobi = 60 BitCrystals  ::: 1 SARUTOBI = 4 BitCrystals =============23136    BitCrystals
placebo
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 01:25:14 PM

This coin looks like MMXVI. Also a coin for the game industry, only different is that BCY as a lot more expensive.

GAME, BCY, MMXVI... interesting.
Febo
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 01:52:54 PM

This coin looks like MMXVI. Also a coin for the game industry, only different is that BCY as a lot more expensive.

GAME, BCY, MMXVI... interesting.

Lol few on last few pages disagree with you and think BCY is to cheap. Tongue

Do you see guys why right now price is of no importance?

Viva!

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 01:56:18 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2016, 04:36:40 PM by Viva!

OpenLedger is paying a PR company for their articles they are not coming out just because they are brilliant, because they are not!

Mr Coin, you have just define yourself as a liar. Please provide proof. Open Ledger do an excellent PR job without "about 12k month". Speak ill of other project is only absence of arguments. Shame on you.

I only mentioned OpenLedger because you keep bringing it up as an example of good marketing compared to SoG.
Maybe they are not spending 12K a month I can only guess. However 12K a month is what some PR firms charge for their services.

As an example look at this PR (press release, not article) that came up about OpenLedger:
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/initial-coin-offering-openledger-icoo-extends-support-future-icos-order-empower-community/
But who's at the bottom of the article? Bitcoin PRBuzz: A marketing and PR firm: http://bitcoinprbuzz.com/

Here's another one: http://www.coinspeaker.com/2016/05/25/initial-coin-offering-openledger-icoo-extends-support-future-icos-order-empower-community/

So OpenLedger is using one of those firms to market their token sale or ICOO as they call it. Or do they own Bitcoin PR Buzz? I don't know.
Where am I lying? You guys are getting people to write Press Releases, paid articles, etc, or at least to distribute them and to create buzz around them.
Done a little more research and found what they charge too, from $800 to $1000 per press release, they also do monthly or yearly plans.
I can show you their .pdf I found if you don't believe me but I rather not because it's not fair to them.

Their services include spreading PR's and articles all over social media and various channels, how many of these you guys get done a month?
How far I was from 12K a month? Maybe half of that? My point is OpenLedger doesn't do their marketing all on their own, the price I stated originally may be different.

For what I can see the ICOO started on May 20th and they only raised about 34K USD: http://icoo.io/.
Is the marketing effort working? Not really. How much did SoG raise on the first day only? About 240 BTC, and managed to get what they needed and a bit more to get the project going by the end of the sale.
What does that mean? That SoG knows when it is time to push for marketing, who to choose to do their marketing and when to spend the money for marketing.

Nobody is blaming you for that don't get me wrong, you guys are doing a token sale that's when you want marketing to be at its high to pitch it for potential contributors.
Yes when a PR comes out (if newsworthy) some of the other media picks it up. This is how the PR world works and this is what is it used for: to create buzz about an upcoming event or to get people to know of a project/product, like TheDao token sale, the OpenLedger token sale, and (at the time) even the SoG token sale. They certainly have had a PR firm working for them. Everyone does this not only in the crypto space, it happens for every single product you know of, even the ones on supermarket shelves.

However, there is a time for spending money in marketing and PR and there is a time to do some work, development, and that is what SoG is doing right now.
Of course it doesn't mean to have to stop all marketing efforts it means that those efforts may slow down while the projects build what they are supposed to build and get it ready for launch.

I'm confident that marketing is still ongoing with SoG is just that there are not big news coming out right now, give it some time and there will be.
Can you imagine when users are going to be able to build their own levels in SoG? Don't you see yourself playing with that? Or guilds to play in groups of players?

An article a week or even more often will happen organically if the product is worth talking about. Having a few articles saying there is a launch coming in September ain't going to do much for BCY price IMO.
Viva, you have been around for a long while and contributed to this project, I loved your google sheet with all the stats you provided and hope you'll keep doing that.
You seem to care about SoG and hope you still do, I'm not here to compare your other projects to SoG so long as you don't do it as well, otherwise I will tell you my opinion and you got to accept that.
I may be wrong on some things, I don't read people's minds, and I'm not perfect either. I do get frustrated when I see people repeating themselves over and over about the same arguments which are not doing anything towards supporting a project for the best. Feedback is welcome, constructive feedback.

PR Buzz do cost about 2500$ a month, it use customer material and then a few original PR on that base, translated into spanish, portugues and arabic.

It worth the effort?  I think so, absolutely.

The most of blogmagazine pubblish original pr, or some articles based on that (copy and paste with few comment) for free. You have to build some good contact, nothing else.

A bitcointalk signature campaign will cost few bitcrystal (oh well maybe a lot at this price tag, but price doesn't matter right?)

The real cost is time, pay someone to do a proprer PR job or hire someone that do this job for you.

Again you are talking about other project.
 Any other argument?

Yes I'm here since the beginning I am one of the biggest investor in bitcrystals for sure, I'm an investor and I am really worried about the lack of proper communication from EDS.

When I say "proper communication" I mean a constant (weekly, montly) press release in plain text, and some images. Material that can be used by bloggers and news writers.

I ask for the moon? I don't think so.

▄▄█████▄▄
▄█████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀

████          ████  ███████████▄▄                                
▀███▄        ▄███▀  █████████████▄                               
██    ▄███▄     ▄███▄      ▄███▄     ▄███▄   ████        ████            ▀████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████
██    ██ ██     ██ ██      ██ ██     ██ ██    ████      ████             ▄████   ██▀        ▀██   ██▀        
██   ██   ██   ██   ██    ██   ██   ██   ██   ▀███▄    ▄███▀    █████████████▀   ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██   ██   ██   ██   ██    ██   ██   ██   ██    ████    ████     ███████████▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██  ██     ██ ██     ██  ██     ██ ██     ██    ████  ████      ████   ████      ██▄        ▄██   ██▄        
██  ██     ▀███▀     ██  ██     ▀███▀     ██    ▀███▄▄███▀      ████    ████      ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████
████████       ████     ████                                
██████        ████      ████                                

WHITEPAPER    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
APPLY FOR CROWDSALE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    BITCOINTALK

Proud Sponsor of
Blockchain 360 at
London Tech Week
  ◢  FACEBOOK
◢  TWITTER
◢  TELEGRAM
◢  MEDIUM

▄▄█████▄▄
▄█████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████████
Viva!

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 01:58:52 PM

CNPCARD can be purchased for 350 CNPCOIN  ; 1 CNPCARD = 150 BitCrystals   ::: 1 CNPCOIN = 2.33 BitCrystal  ==== 2446.5 BitCrystals
1 SHUMAICARD for 600 SHUMAI ; 1 Shumai = 150 BitCrystals  ::: 1 SHUMAI = 4 BitCrystals  ================57600   BitCrystals
1 SARUTOBICARD for 15 SARUTOBI ; 1 Sarutobi = 60 BitCrystals  ::: 1 SARUTOBI = 4 BitCrystals =============23136    BitCrystals

thks!! let's see how those token will be evaluated from EDS

▄▄█████▄▄
▄█████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀

██    ▄███▄     ▄███▄      ▄███▄     ▄███▄   ████        ████            ▀████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████
██    ██ ██     ██ ██      ██ ██     ██ ██    ████      ████             ▄████   ██▀        ▀██   ██▀        
██   ██   ██   ██   ██    ██   ██   ██   ██   ▀███▄    ▄███▀    █████████████▀   ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██   ██   ██   ██   ██    ██   ██   ██   ██    ████    ████     ███████████▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██  ██     ██ ██     ██  ██     ██ ██     ██    ████  ████      ████   ████      ██▄        ▄██   ██▄        
██  ██     ▀███▀     ██  ██     ▀███▀     ██    ▀███▄▄███▀      ████    ████      ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████

APPLY FOR CROWDSALE

Proud Sponsor of
Blockchain 360 at
London Tech Week
  ◢  FACEBOOK
◢  TWITTER
◢  TELEGRAM
◢  MEDIUM

▄▄█████▄▄
▄█████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████████
Fassa Sissona

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 04:12:42 PM

PR Buzz do cost about 2500$ a month, it use customer material and then a few original PR on that base, translated into spanish, portugues and arabic.

It worth the effort?  I think so, absolutely.

The most of blogmagazine pubblish original pr, or some articles based on that (copy and paste with few comment) for free. You have to build some good contact, nothing else.

A bitcointalk signature campaign will cost few bitcrystal (oh well maybe a lot at this price tag, but price doesn't matter right?)

The real cost is time, pay someone to do a proprer PR job or hire someone that do this job for you.

Again you are talking about other project.
 Any other argument?

Dear Viva!,

I agree with you one more time, and thanks for your good analysis and ideas.
I think that with a little humbleness the team should take some good points of action, from what you're saying.

I hope in them just because I have no more hope to make the other people here to understand...

Price don't matters, this is the only law here.

Price don't matters at all, we will have a perfect game soon (or not? We have to wait 4 months more than the initial roadmap date).
Ops, I have to be positive, sorry: we will have the game, this is the only thing that matters.
We will have our game and Bitcrystals will tag 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000something, this is not important!

Ok guys, good luck.
I hope to be wrong for my investment, but I am too old and I saw too much times in my life situations like this one. And I know how they ends.

Without money, you go nowhere.
Companies cannot live on dreams.

Fassa.
KingSlamma

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 05:05:23 PM

I looking to sell a complete deck, minus CCMCARD.

78000BCY
2500XCP
7BTC

or any combination.

Token Address 1HVzTaFHpkcBeNbZRX1VazRuBwpBQ5zFA7.
Satoshicard is on swapbot, https://swapbot.tokenly.com/bot/kingslamma/sog-store#choose.

I'm willing to negotiate.
Febo
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 08:38:44 PM

@Fassa Sissona

Without game, cards are worth really little.
Without cards Bicrystals are worth really little.

Whoever thinks different do not know that they talk about.

For sure, many will not hear of game by itself, so game will not be really good, unless there will be nice marketing campaign. There is plenty of time for that and that was a point to partner with All4Games. 

if 1 Bitcrystal is now $1 or $10 or $100 it dont change anything what will be price in 1 year time.

Actually if i think more, BiCrystal price of crowdsale should be most perfect. And as i calculated few pages back we are nto more then few times higher right now.
pphan

Activity: 16

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 12:24:30 AM

Price of all Alts are down is because price of bitcoin is UP. In USD it is still probably the same. We will have to let the dust settle before making any sense of prices for Bcy.
GrounBEEFtaxi

Activity: 283
Merit: 264

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 12:29:43 AM

Guys, I do want to say something.  As shareholders let's just keep the price at .0001 until Sept.  I have been buying just to keep it this way and make it a confident store of value(ESPECIALLY IN THIS INSANE BTC RISE).  To be honest I like the fact that the price has stayed confidently at around .0001 and I thank the rest of the bcy shareholders in being diligent in that affair.  I am staying in for the long haul and I hope any of you that also believe in this project also do.  That is all I can say.  If not than we'll see you when the game gets released hahaha.
pphan

Activity: 16

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 01:58:56 AM

Guys, I do want to say something.  As shareholders let's just keep the price at .0001 until Sept.  I have been buying just to keep it this way and make it a confident store of value(ESPECIALLY IN THIS INSANE BTC RISE).  To be honest I like the fact that the price has stayed confidently at around .0001 and I thank the rest of the bcy shareholders in being diligent in that affair.  I am staying in for the long haul and I hope any of you that also believe in this project also do.  That is all I can say.  If not than we'll see you when the game gets released hahaha.

Are you also accumulating cards? If the game takes off it is the cards where the value is at - both ways. Value in BCY and BCy value to BTC
coin@coin
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 07:24:55 AM

Nice article about the Fall release on Bitcoinist!  Grin

Spells of Genesis Full Release Coming Fall 2016
Fassa Sissona

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 08:25:24 AM

Nicea article, I agree and appreciate to read about SoG outside the community.

The only thing I don't understand is "Packs will be purchasable with a new in-game currency — still to be named — or with fiat as an in-app purchase".

Huh

Isn't only Bitcrystals or money the way to buy? Another in-game currency = inflation of Bitcrystals world?
Fassa Sissona

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 08:33:28 AM

@Fassa Sissona

For sure, many will not hear of game by itself, so game will not be really good, unless there will be nice marketing campaign. There is plenty of time for that and that was a point to partner with All4Games. 

if 1 Bitcrystal is now $1 or $10 or $100 it dont change anything what will be price in 1 year time.

Actually if i think more, BiCrystal price of crowdsale should be most perfect. And as i calculated few pages back we are nto more then few times higher right now.

I had this clear.

The thing you didn't mentioned is: what happens in the period since today to the launch date, if EDS has to get financed?
Is it different about your opinion if they decide (or need) to sell x Bitcrystals at today's price or at 2x, 3x, at higher prices I mean?

Is it the same thing? No.

So, I agree with you and the team that is important to develop the game perfectly, but also the price BEFORE launch date may be important.
Then, if the team tells us they're sitting on lot of money and they don't need any financing for - just say - at least 6 months time, because they have enough resources by their own, in this case I won't be worried any more and I won't look at Bitcrystals price for all of these months.

So the question is: do they know if their are in a situation like this? Otherwise you aren't right with what you're saying.

Waiting for an official answer...
Fassa.
Fassa Sissona

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 08:36:25 AM

@Fassa Sissona

I had this clear.

The thing you didn't mentioned is: what happens in the period since today to the launch date, if EDS has to get financed?
Is it different about your opinion if they decide (or need) to sell x Bitcrystals at today's price or at 2x, 3x, at higher prices I mean?

So, I agree with you and the team that is important to develop the game perfectly, but also the price BEFORE launch date may be important.
Then, if the team tells us they're sitting on lot of money and they don't need any financing for - just say - at least 6 months time, because they have enough resources by their own, in this case I won't be worried any more and I won't look at Bitcrystals price for all of these months.

So the question is: do they know if their are in a situation like this? Otherwise you aren't right with what you're saying.

Fassa.

So the question is: do YOU know if their are in a situation like this?

...I'm getting older and can't write correctly any more... Smiley
coin@coin
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 08:37:52 AM

Nicea article, I agree and appreciate to read about SoG outside the community.

The only thing I don't understand is "Packs will be purchasable with a new in-game currency — still to be named — or with fiat as an in-app purchase".

Huh

Isn't only Bitcrystals or money the way to buy? Another in-game currency = inflation of Bitcrystals world?

In-game currency is gold you earn while playing also I believe there will be another currency you can buy in-app, not sure what the name is but there is a little icon on the top right next to the crystals.
Unfortunately I don't think Google and Apple will allow purchases in BCY directly within the game as they need to take a 30% cut. However the team will still burn the relative amount of BCY for in game sales, that's what I've heard.
coin@coin
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 08:40:33 AM

@Fassa Sissona

I had this clear.

Fassa.

So the question is: do YOU know if their are in a situation like this?

...I'm getting older and can't write correctly any more... Smiley

Not sure but the team still has 200 or so BTC to collect for Milestone #4 completion once is ready so that should help them keep going until September.
Viva!

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 11:26:21 AM

Ooops what a news, :

Disclaimer: This is a press release. Bitcoinist is not responsible for this firm’s products and/or services.

And then, here we have the first official SoG PR I remember.
Well done.

▄▄█████▄▄
▄█████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀

APPLY FOR CROWDSALE

Proud Sponsor of
Blockchain 360 at
London Tech Week
  ◢  FACEBOOK
◢  TWITTER
◢  TELEGRAM
◢  MEDIUM

▄▄█████▄▄
▄█████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████████
coin@coin
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 11:30:32 AM

Ooops what a news, :

Disclaimer: This is a press release. Bitcoinist is not responsible for this firm’s products and/or services.

And then, here we have the first official SoG PR I remember.
Well done.

At least the team is being proactive, wheren't you the one saying: we need more marketing, articles, etc?
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 249 »
  Print  

Jump to: