Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 01:05:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 121 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ECASH]E-Money Advertising Revenue In Wallet | 8% Daily Stake for 21 days  (Read 91428 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
najzenmajsen

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 04:13:56 PM

Just cut pow off right now and get coins staking.
why ? there's really no reason to do so : l
when people invested in this coin , they took into consideration when pow would end etc , we cant just remove it.

Are you afraid because you already dump ?
You'll have to buy back more expensive.

~global research~
ROFL , you're obviously not understanding the point. a currency should be decentralized dev shouldnt be able to just remove pow just like that.
HKBvM

Activity: 398
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

why ? there's really no reason to do so : l
when people invested in this coin , they took into consideration when pow would end etc , we cant just remove it.

Are you afraid because you already dump ?
You'll have to buy back more expensive.

~global research~

No. You have a super short POW anyway and you guys still want to mess with the fundamentals of this coin for your own benefit. Since cryptos are mostly a joke anyway, I am not surprised by this very much.

The dev announced the coin with its specs and people chose to buy or not according to those. Even considering to change them after 2 days is ridiculous.

SockPuppetAccount

Activity: 882

MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 04:16:49 PM

So supposedly this is a POS block but if we assume the .011 is transaction fees, by coincidence it managed to reward EXACTLY the same amount as a POW block?  Does that seem plausible?

It's not a block that rewards proof-of-stake, it's a stake-modifier block (as indicated).

Soooooooooo, what exactly does that mean?  How many coins were rewarded in that block?

Wish we could get a block explorer.

+100% agree

dev you have to make fast decision here, we will wait... n hold the coin of course

Let's not do this.  No need to immediately jump to the scammiest possible solution.
ipominer
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

Mine the hottest new coins at ipoMiner.com

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 04:17:36 PM

Just noticed "difficulty" : 0.06249911, so starting difficulty for PoS was set much higher than usual.  Which isn't a bad thing necessarily, it's just that no one has a clue now as to when PoS can actually start working.  If you did test the code and had POW/POS successfully running concurrently, then maybe there isn't anything to worry about.

It seems with the high PoS starting difficulty and a PoW difficulty adjustment algo that appears to rapidly adjust upwards, you have attempted to prevent insta-mining and giving those who caught this at launch too much of an advantage.  Maybe in the end the issue is that parameters you have chosen are more fair than usual, which is a good thing.  I was counting on more of the same and planned on hoarding a bunch of coins on day one and yanking a hundred PoW blocks away from miners everyday.  It appears my plan isn't going to work though.

It presumably also helps prevent POS attacks early on when network weight is low and coins aren't diversified.. I'd say it's a good thing. To me, the stake modifier blocks indicate POS is working, but no one has sufficient weight to overcome the difficulty yet.

Mine the hottest new coins at ipoMiner.com!
99.9% uptime, low fees, custom high performance stratum servers, DDoS-resistant
Support by email at support@ipominer.com or ##ipoMiner on Freenode IRC
najzenmajsen

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 04:20:33 PM

I just want to explain the Proof of Stake system to the best of my abilities.  I will ask IPOminer.com to verify that what I say has merit, he knows very much about this system.

Your network weight is gaining regardless, and you will begin to compete with the PoW blocks more competitively.  The 42 day max stake age makes it so there is your maximum weight distributed over 6 weeks, if that had been 6 days you would gather more weight faster and compete harder.  This does not mean you are losing on coins because you are all competing for coin age (weight) and this will eventually be strong enough to overtake some PoW blocks.

In our testing of this coin we did not have such pentahash power, we used some rental and Bitmantech Antmining S3.  I will think about forking this coin, but I have never tested to see if coin age gets reset after a fork.  We did not take that into consideration during testing.  We put 6 week max coin age because we know in your real world lives sometimes things come unexpected and you may have to leave your computer for up to a month and we thought it would be fair to not punish that.

If everyone would like to fork, and if other blockchain professional knows if coin age does not get reset during fork, I will give you all notice so that you can get all your coins into compiled wallets, probably 1 full day.

Just noticed "difficulty" : 0.06249911, so starting difficulty for PoS was set much higher than usual.  Which isn't a bad thing necessarily, it's just that no one has a clue now as to when PoS can actually start working.  If you did test the code and had POW/POS successfully running concurrently, then maybe there isn't anything to worry about.

It seems with the high PoS starting difficulty and a PoW difficulty adjustment algo that appears to rapidly adjust upwards, you have attempted to prevent insta-mining and giving those who caught this at launch too much of an advantage.  Maybe in the end the issue is that parameters you have chosen are more fair than usual, which is a good thing.  I was counting on more of the same and planned on hoarding a bunch of coins on day one and yanking a hundred PoW blocks away from miners everyday.  It appears my plan isn't going to work though.

Glad to know someone else noticed this too. Thought I was going crazy.
Vald , if you ever go crazy just pm me and ill make you relaxed again , np
DEV dont listen to these jerks about forking the coin. we'll wait untill pow is over if neccesary let things go like they should : >
ipominer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 04:21:29 PM

Soooooooooo, what exactly does that mean?  How many coins were rewarded in that block?

It was a proof-of-work reward block, so the normal amount of coins were rewarded - 600 plus tx fees like it shows. It included the computed stake modifier though, which happens every few hours typically. Here's the code comment block about stake modifiers (from kernel.cpp):

Code:
// Stake Modifier (hash modifier of proof-of-stake):
// The purpose of stake modifier is to prevent a txout (coin) owner from
// computing future proof-of-stake generated by this txout at the time
// of transaction confirmation. To meet kernel protocol, the txout
// must hash with a future stake modifier to generate the proof.
// Stake modifier consists of bits each of which is contributed from a
// selected block of a given block group in the past.
// The selection of a block is based on a hash of the block's proof-hash and
// the previous stake modifier.
// Stake modifier is recomputed at a fixed time interval instead of every
// block. This is to make it difficult for an attacker to gain control of
// additional bits in the stake modifier, even after generating a chain of
// blocks.

It presumably also helps prevent POS attacks early on when network weight is low and coins aren't diversified.. I'd say it's a good thing. To me, the stake modifier blocks indicate POS is working, but no one has sufficient weight to overcome the difficulty yet.

I'm sure an exchange will soon enough.

Exchanges staking is a pretty bad practice - more reputable ones do not. Less reputable ones, well... they stake and keep the coins for themselves.

SockPuppetAccount

Activity: 882

MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 04:28:53 PM

Soooooooooo, what exactly does that mean?  How many coins were rewarded in that block?

It was a proof-of-work reward block, so the normal amount of coins were rewarded - 600 plus tx fees like it shows. It included the computed stake modifier though, which happens every few hours typically. Here's the code comment block about stake modifiers (from kernel.cpp):

Code:
// blocks.

Ah, I see.  Ya learn something new everyday.

Well, I suppose we just carry on and keep playing the waiting game for now.
ipominer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 04:34:59 PM

Ah, I see.  Ya learn something new everyday.

Well, I suppose we just carry on and keep playing the waiting game for now.

There's always something new to learn.

I don't think there's an actual problem here with POS. To speed things up with staking the min and max coin ages for staking could be reduced, as the dev suggested. There's no impact on existing coin age by doing that.

najzenmajsen

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 04:35:11 PM

Code:
// blocks.

I'm sure an exchange will soon enough.

Exchanges staking is a pretty bad practice - more reputable ones do not. Less reputable ones, well... they stake and keep the coins for themselves.
there's no real reason not to , is there ?
ipominer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 04:39:50 PM

there's no real reason not to , is there ?

Would you really want exchanges profiting from staking coins and then dumping them on the market?

MickGhee
Legendary

Activity: 1386

Fucker of "the system"

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 04:43:29 PM

change min coin age just that

Last night, while you were sleeping. I fucked the system!
andrepierre

Activity: 714

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 04:47:53 PM

After what I am reading here I will buy more cheap coins  Smiley
plast555

Activity: 951
Merit: 259

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 04:59:26 PM

I just want to explain the Proof of Stake system to the best of my abilities.  I will ask IPOminer.com to verify that what I say has merit, he knows very much about this system.

Your network weight is gaining regardless, and you will begin to compete with the PoW blocks more competitively.  The 42 day max stake age makes it so there is your maximum weight distributed over 6 weeks, if that had been 6 days you would gather more weight faster and compete harder.  This does not mean you are losing on coins because you are all competing for coin age (weight) and this will eventually be strong enough to overtake some PoW blocks.

In our testing of this coin we did not have such pentahash power, we used some rental and Bitmantech Antmining S3.  I will think about forking this coin, but I have never tested to see if coin age gets reset after a fork.  We did not take that into consideration during testing.  We put 6 week max coin age because we know in your real world lives sometimes things come unexpected and you may have to leave your computer for up to a month and we thought it would be fair to not punish that.

If everyone would like to fork, and if other blockchain professional knows if coin age does not get reset during fork, I will give you all notice so that you can get all your coins into compiled wallets, probably 1 full day.

Just noticed "difficulty" : 0.06249911, so starting difficulty for PoS was set much higher than usual.  Which isn't a bad thing necessarily, it's just that no one has a clue now as to when PoS can actually start working.  If you did test the code and had POW/POS successfully running concurrently, then maybe there isn't anything to worry about.

It seems with the high PoS starting difficulty and a PoW difficulty adjustment algo that appears to rapidly adjust upwards, you have attempted to prevent insta-mining and giving those who caught this at launch too much of an advantage.  Maybe in the end the issue is that parameters you have chosen are more fair than usual, which is a good thing.  I was counting on more of the same and planned on hoarding a bunch of coins on day one and yanking a hundred PoW blocks away from miners everyday.  It appears my plan isn't going to work though.

Glad to know someone else noticed this too. Thought I was going crazy.
Vald , if you ever go crazy just pm me and ill make you relaxed again , np
DEV dont listen to these jerks about forking the coin. we'll wait untill pow is over if neccesary let things go like they should : >

Bravo !!! Totally agree !!!! People want stake reward immediately ! If I could wait last hyperstakecoin block 41 days, 7 - 14 days is nothing ! POS should be on long term, to produce more coins, not to sell the same moment when you get it !
rhkazani1

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 05:07:05 PM

The wallet stakes even if its locked? Why?

emoney-dev (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 05:10:02 PM

I just want to explain the Proof of Stake system to the best of my abilities.  I will ask IPOminer.com to verify that what I say has merit, he knows very much about this system.

Your network weight is gaining regardless, and you will begin to compete with the PoW blocks more competitively.  The 42 day max stake age makes it so there is your maximum weight distributed over 6 weeks, if that had been 6 days you would gather more weight faster and compete harder.  This does not mean you are losing on coins because you are all competing for coin age (weight) and this will eventually be strong enough to overtake some PoW blocks.

In our testing of this coin we did not have such pentahash power, we used some rental and Bitmantech Antmining S3.  I will think about forking this coin, but I have never tested to see if coin age gets reset after a fork.  We did not take that into consideration during testing.  We put 6 week max coin age because we know in your real world lives sometimes things come unexpected and you may have to leave your computer for up to a month and we thought it would be fair to not punish that.

We did this on purpose to defeat major instamining and make coin fair, but it is making staking blocks too difficult.  It was a double edged sword, this coin is very good to mine because dirty developer didn't take 5% in first minutes but now the pos blocks have too much maximum age and too high difficulty to stake.  This requires a fork to fix, i will think about it.  I now know the POS will work and the code isn't bad, but like poster before me said, it might take until POW is over to kick in.

The only issue here is that we wanted 8% daily stake not to cause massive buying, but so that people without mining hardware could buy coin early or rent some hash and achieve some rewards until the big advertising campaign starts.  We did everything we could to make this fair; High starting difficulty and premine escrow.  The 8% daily stake for 3 weeks was another idea but our testing did not show this as a problem.  I don't think this means everything is a fail now, there is no malicious intent or otherwise devious plan and you guys are gaining weight.
vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 05:48:23 PM

Im just gonna throw out my thougts. Maybe start POS for 21 days AFTER pow is over , which of course will require a fork. This will seperate POW and POS if they are interfering with each other. It also will give time for everyone to update their wallets including the exchanges. It will give people that are mining and buying enough time to buy/mine all they can until the big POS 21 days hits. This SHOULD increase the price as the demand will be their when people know the big 21 days are coming. Just my thoughts, it seems to fit. Also dont be affraid to ask for some help. There are many pro devs here that really know their stuff, I dont know if you did a premine, but if you did, then use part of those funds to help fix this. The MOST important thing above all else is the 21 days of POS, because THAT is the value of the coin, I believe that the coin will be worth MORE if POS happends after pow. People will buy in anticipation, and miners will mine like crazy and get all they can.

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
najzenmajsen

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 05:59:59 PM

if this is true , isent that a really really good thing  ? : ) means people can have safe wallets and at the same time stake.
plast555

Activity: 951
Merit: 259

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 06:03:08 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2015, 10:16:32 PM by plast555

Im just gonna throw out my thougts. Maybe start POS for 21 days AFTER pow is over , which of course will require a fork. This will seperate POW and POS if they are interfering with each other. It also will give time for everyone to update their wallets including the exchanges. It will give people that are mining and buying enough time to buy/mine all they can until the big POS 21 days hits. This SHOULD increase the price as the demand will be their when people know the big 21 days are coming. Just my thoughts, it seems to fit. Also dont be affraid to ask for some help. There are many pro devs here that really know their stuff, I dont know if you did a premine, but if you did, then use part of those funds to help fix this. The MOST important thing above all else is the 21 days of POS, because THAT is the value of the coin, I believe that the coin will be worth MORE if POS happends after pow. People will buy in anticipation, and miners will mine like crazy and get all they can.

Vegas

ok, but what about with people who are already staking their coins for almost 24h and who are expecting 8% + 8% reward and didn't wanted to sell yesterday when the price was higher ??
and what about with people who bought it yesterday for 0.000078 and already staking too ?
you can not cancel interest what people already earned !
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 06:25:19 PM

Let it go for another day and see if things resolve itself.
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 06:26:11 PM

Can you post a bit bigger screenshot of that lock, also post the message if you hover with your mouse over the lock.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 121 »
  Print  

Jump to: