Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:44:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: No Poll Currently
a
b

Pages: « 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... 194 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BitBean is Now Bean Cash | First v3 POS | First 20MB Max Blocks | 7+ Yrs.  (Read 275853 times)
Vin
Legendary

Activity: 1166
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 09:37:49 PM

The wallet has to be open 24/7 if you want to sprout.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lomingo

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 09:47:11 PM

You mean logged in? And keep the desktop wallet running?
Vin
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 09:51:25 PM

Yes, open wallet and unlocked (for staking only).
Lomingo

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 09:54:12 PM

Thank you! What means unlocked? Actually it shows me "no connections"

How should i configurate the Network options?
vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2017, 11:22:05 PM

To be honest you don't need to leave your wallet open 24/7 to sprout, you could leave it open for 8 or more hours per day and depending on how many beans you have you could earn some sprouts. Most people prefer to leave their wallets open 24/7 as that is the best chance to earn more sprouts.

Now if you have no connections then you might need to add nodes but like I said in a few posts back this should be automatic now with the wallet but it seems some people are still having issues from having no active connections. You could add nodes by making a config file in appdata roaming, open the bitbean folder and make a config file using notepad. Cryptopia always seem to have up to date addnodes so just copy and paste them into the notepad and save the file as BitBean.config and save "All files" If you have downloaded the latest wallet then you shouldn't have to do all this. Please keep me updated.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
Vin
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 11:39:32 PM

To be honest you don't need to leave your wallet open 24/7 to sprout, you could leave it open for 8 or more hours per day and depending on how many beans you have you could earn some sprouts. Most people prefer to leave their wallets open 24/7 as that is the best chance to earn more sprouts.

Now if you have no connections then you might need to add nodes but like I said in a few posts back this should be automatic now with the wallet but it seems some people are still having issues from having no active connections. You could add nodes by making a config file in appdata roaming, open the bitbean folder and make a config file using notepad. Cryptopia always seem to have up to date addnodes so just copy and paste them into the notepad and save the file as BitBean.config and save "All files" If you have downloaded the latest wallet then you shouldn't have to do all this. Please keep me updated.

Can you please explain this?
Thank you!

PoS works like 24/7
Lomingo

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 11:42:49 PM

Thank you! Wink  I think i have done it wrong. I safed the file under .conf and not .config and now i downloaded the 32 bit version and something happend..."synchronising with network" Maybe this is a good sign?!

Tuwie2

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 12:02:29 AM

Look in the bottom right corner of the wallet window, there should be an icon that is spinning, if you mouse over it, it will tell you how many connections you have and how many blocks left to download/sync to the network
vella85

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 12:03:23 AM

Thank you! Wink  I think i have done it wrong. I safed the file under .conf and not .config and now i downloaded the 32 bit version and something happend..."synchronising with network" Maybe this is a good sign?!

Sorry yes it is BitBean.conf and not config but if your wallet is syncing with the network then you should be fine as the latest version of the wallet shouldn't need a conf file and should sync stright away with the network so yes its a good sign that your wallet is syncing now. If its from the start of the blockchain you will have to wait a long time maybe a day for it to sync fully with the network.

@Vin

There isn't much to explain as I used to just leave my wallet open for at least 10 hours a day and it was sprouting but I never got any sprouts because I never really had anough coins however for someone who has 500k or 1 million then they should sprout some beans within 6 to 10 hours depending on the network weight. I stake other pos coins a certain amount of hours and earn stakes, like I said it depends on how many coins you own V the network weight. The more coins you have sprouting the more chance and less time it will take to earn sprouts.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
Lomingo

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 12:21:47 AM

Sorry yes it is BitBean.conf and not config but if your wallet is syncing with the network then you should be fine as the latest version of the wallet shouldn't need a conf file and should sync stright away with the network so yes its a good sign that your wallet is syncing now. If its from the start of the blockchain you will have to wait a long time maybe a day for it to sync fully with the network.

@Vin

There isn't much to explain as I used to just leave my wallet open for at least 10 hours a day and it was sprouting but I never got any sprouts because I never really had anough coins however for someone who has 500k or 1 million then they should sprout some beans within 6 to 10 hours depending on the network weight. I stake other pos coins a certain amount of hours and earn stakes, like I said it depends on how many coins you own V the network weight. The more coins you have sprouting the more chance and less time it will take to earn sprouts.

Then it should be fine. Smiley It only shows 5%. But when you say it would take about a day, i am confident!

And there is nothing else i must do, when the wallet is running and fully synchronized to sprout?

One other question. Could someone steal my beans, when i have them on the desktop wallet by hacking or something? And is there a way to store them safe? Or better... what did you all do?
vella85

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 12:30:30 AM

@Vin

Then it should be fine. Smiley It only shows 5%. But when you say it would take about a day, i am confident!

And there is nothing else i must do, when the wallet is running and fully synchronized to sprout?

Well once it is finished syncing with the network then you must encrypt your wallet with a passphrase and then it will shut down and you'll have to open the wallet up again. Next transfer your beans into your wallet and then click on settings and unlock the wallet to start sprouting your beans. Then its up to you if you want to leave it open 24/7 or a certain amount of hours per day depending on how many beans you are staking. Like I said if you have 500k or more then you could earn a sprout within a 10 hours however it is best to leave it open 24/7 if you want to earn the most amount of sprouts.

SighPea

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 01:53:18 AM

Anyone else having issues with Beans sprouting but not accepting?

Transaction details say: "Generated beans must mature 110 blocks before they can be spent. When you generated this block, it was broadcast to the network to be added to the block chain. If it fails to get into the chain, its state will change to "not accepted" and it won't be spendable. This may occasionally happen if another node generates a block within a few seconds of yours."

But this has happened to my last 4 sprouts over an 8 day period which is not occasional...
Jan_Q

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 03:40:19 PM

This coin is so extremely undervalued.

In my opinion, BITBEAN and VERGE (XVG) are currently underestimated and undervalued.

I mean, Good coin and DEV. and much more. ......

But soon this will change. That's for sure  Wink

Nice Greetings from Germany
viparmenia

Activity: 146
Merit: 102

Invest into $XVG $PND $PAC $LDOGE

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 06:38:59 PM

For sync problems follow the instruction on http://www.bitbean.org/downloads.html in the section 3. Use BitBean on especially Synchronize Your Wallet With the BitBean Blockchain Faster!

Invest into $XVG $PND $PAC $LDOGE created by people changing the world and unchaining money for freedom and privacy

Do not support Premined ANTI-coins like $XRP $XLM $ADA $TRX $IOTA killing FREEDOM of money
TeamBean (OP)

Activity: 435
Merit: 250

"Bean Cash..More Than Digital Cash!"

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 07:40:12 PM

Bean Core -- A World-wide Virtual Company
http://www.bitbean.org
1 (406) 213-4656

Announcement: BitBean Community ("Team Bean")
August 8th., 2017

The Executive Board of Directors, of Bean Core has reached a consensus to re-brand BitBean for the upcoming release of v1.1.2 of the reference implementation. Bean Core is proposing to the BitBean community, here-fore referred to as "Team Bean", that BitBean is re-branded to "Bean Cash".

With a renewed focus, "Bean Cash" is a digital currency and peer-to-peer network. Its primary application is to be used as a store of value and a medium of exchange -- both on-line (Internet transactions), in-person transactions, or with merchants at the Point of Sale/Service (POS).
This change also mitigates issues of trademark disputes and confrontation, as the new name change references common names used in the public domain. BitBean is based in large part, on source code from Bitcoin, which is in the public domain. As core developers of BitBean (the digital currency, not the company), Bean Core Executive Directors believe, that re-branding preemptively mitigates moves by private companies that may try to lay claim, of rights to BitBean (the digital currency).

BitBean has existed for over 2 1/2 years as both a digital currency and a solid-secure peer-to-peer network -- without a hard-fork or transaction rollback! It has continued to be developed and maintained by Bean Core during this time. As stewards, we propose these changes, with the coming release of our v1.1.2 Core reference platform:

(Note: these change only relate to branding aspects)

Name: "BitBean" to be changed to "Bean Cash"

Tag-line: "Bigger..Faster..Stronger" to be changed to "Digital Cash"

Slogan: "Fast..Simple..Secure..More Than a Digital Currency!" (No Change)

Ticker: "BITB" to be changed to "BEAN"

Currency Code (for ISO 4217 Adoption): XBN Note: The first "X" is important because it designates a commodity that is independent of any government.

Cash Symbol: ß (Code-page 437: 00DF/225 for Point of Sale/Service Implementation)

New Domain: beancash.org With this change, Team Bean and Bean Core would retain copyright and ownership of the "bitbean.org" domain. Existing
bitbean.org and sub-domains would redirect to beancash.org

New Domain: beancash.net Hosting Services:
  • An on-line wallet for Bean Cash (2017)
  • email domain/service for Bean Cash holders (2017)
  • SMTP relay (for future email protocols integrated into core) (2018)
  • web-based micro-payment services (2018)

Bean Core formally invites Team Bean's input and discussion on these changes before formalization into v1.1.2 Reference Implementation.
The forum for participation in the discussion, is the channel "The Farm", hosted at: https://slackkiller.bitbean.org
or: http://www.bitbean.org/forum/bitbean-rebrand-announcement
With these additional changes, our target for release of v1.1.2 (Beta) is August 20th.

Respectfully,

Bean Core Executive Board of Directors (bod AT b I t b e a n DOT org)

Official RFC should be directed to the Official Forum (not posted here):  http://www.bitbean.org/forum/bitbean-rebrand-announcement

"Bean Cash..More Than Digital Cash"  www.beancash.org
Join Team Bean on our own hosted Live Chat & Collaboration Platform:  https://live.beancash.org
Lomingo

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 08:58:00 PM

I Like Bitbean!  Why wan´t you rebrand it to Bean Cash? Bean Cash doeson´t sound better.

And the "old" bean looks more likeable.

Which sound´s better? "Send me some Bitbean!" or "Send me some Bean Cash!"

Don´t change a running system!!!

Do you wan´t to change this, too? "With Bigger Blocks, faster than a Bean of Light!"

Please, please, please... think about it!
vella85

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 11:46:37 PM

Anyone else having issues with Beans sprouting but not accepting?

Transaction details say: "Generated beans must mature 110 blocks before they can be spent. When you generated this block, it was broadcast to the network to be added to the block chain. If it fails to get into the chain, its state will change to "not accepted" and it won't be spendable. This may occasionally happen if another node generates a block within a few seconds of yours."

But this has happened to my last 4 sprouts over an 8 day period which is not occasional...

This can sometimes happen when sprouting and goes for any pos coin. You just must be very unlucky to get 4 of these in a row. I had this happen to me with another pos coin where I got 3 in a row so it just comes down to luck. So I wouldn't worry to much about it and just continue to leave your wallet open for sprouting and you might get lucky and hit a few sprouts in a row in the same day.

thoth-Atlantian

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

I AM

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 12:35:54 AM

I Like Bitbean!  Why wan´t you rebrand it to Bean Cash? Bean Cash doeson´t sound better.

And the "old" bean looks more likeable.

Which sound´s better? "Send me some Bitbean!" or "Send me some Bean Cash!"

Don´t change a running system!!!

Do you wan´t to change this, too? "With Bigger Blocks, faster than a Bean of Light!"

Please, please, please... think about it!

Who cares? it will create some short term interest and hopefully a price spike. Just trade it
Bean is never going to be a dash or litecoin you ride these smaller ones to buy the bigger ones.

This > Bean Core Executive Board of Directors < is funny though given they remain anonymous

www.dlsag.ch      1ex.trade
WhiteBeard

Activity: 156
Merit: 102

Bean Cash - More Than a Digital Currency!

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2017, 05:58:26 AM

I Like Bitbean!  

This change also mitigates issues of trademark disputes and confrontation, as the new name change references common names used in the public domain. BitBean is based in large part, on source code from Bitcoin, which is in the public domain. As core developers of BitBean (the digital currency, not the company), Bean Core Executive Directors believe, that re-branding preemptively mitigates moves by private companies that may try to lay claim, of rights to BitBean (the digital currency).

As mentioned in the live web meeting and alluded to in the announcement, so does someone else!   Sad

http://tsdr.uspto.gov/documentviewer?caseId=sn87254305&docId=OOA20170307175940#docIndex=0&page=1

1on1 Development has decided they want the name for themselves, and have filed a trademark application with the US Patent and Trademark Office for it.
The application appears to have succeeded and is scheduled to publish in the Trade Mark Official Gazette on 5 September 2017.

Altcoinlover

Activity: 746
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 11:57:49 AM

URGENT - Is there a recent bootstrap file available to speed up the syncing process?

thanks in advance!

███ ███
          ██████
         ████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ███████████████████
     ████████████████████
   █████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
 █████████
█████████
█████████          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████         ███████
█████████         ███████
██████████        ███████
 ███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄█v█████
  ███████████████████████
    █████████████████████
      ███████████████████
        ███████████████
          ██████
          ████ ███
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
enesis

☑ No ICO/Auction.
☑ No pre-mine__--
☑ Fair Launch___-

████████████████████████████
██████               ███████
█████                 ██████
████     ███   ███     █████
████     ███   ███     █████
████                   █████
██████   █████████   ███████
█████████████████████ ██████
                        ████
                          ██
DISCORD

▄█████████████████████████████▄
████████████████▌ ▄▄▀▀    ▀████
████████████████ █████▄   █████
█████████████▀▀ ▐▀█████████████
███▀▀ ▀▀▀             ▀▀▀¬▀▀███
███        ▄       ▄        ███
███▄      ███     ███      ▄███
████        `              ████
█████      ▄▄     ▄▄      █████
███████▄      ▀▀▀      ▄███████
███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
███████████████████████████████
REDDIT

POW       
Equihash 192.7
Airdrops & Bounties

Pages: « 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... 194 »
  Print  

Jump to: