Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:35:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 [174] 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNOFFICIAL] [VNL] Vanillacoin 0.4.1 | Instant ▱ Incentivized ▱ Innovative  (Read 433436 times)
YAdaminer

Activity: 829
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 08:09:49 PM

Wallet version 0.3.3 BETA released: https://talk.vanillacoin.net/topic/204/version-0-3-3-beta-release/1

Changes:

Reduced outbound TCP bandwidth significantly
User configurable options are now available on Mac OS X and Windows
ZeroTime is enabled by default on Android and iOS
ZeroTime can be enabled by default on Mac OS X and Windows
General Bug Fixes

http://vanillacoin.net/wallets.php

Buying time bitches...

Maybe it's just common manipulation but there is some serious trading opposition to VNL on Polinex. Within a minute or two of any rise someone dumps prematurely. This isn't just taking profits or bag holders this is a serious effort to keep the rice down. Why? Maybe just to accumulate more but it could be more sinister, even interests like ETH wanting to kill competition?

All I know is it's definitely there and people should take advantage of it and buy the crap out of the dumps. we need to get on another exchange with decent vol.
The people selling had to buy before. I believe this is somewhat day-trading.
This is good for the coins since it provide liquidity. VNL has rather good liquidity for a while, which is good for the coin (18th in trading volume in coinmarketcap for today, and it has done far better at times).

Bullshit is that day trading. Day traders when they see a coin can easily move up they don't dump instantly on a rise. Ive never seen such aggressive dumping on a coin. The only reason you do that is to keep the price down, why? that's open for debate....simple accumulation by a whale is of course the most likeliest.

The reasonably decent vol validates my point, no coin real low in marketcap is constant in the top 10 on polinex vol like VNL is. The price is static but coins are definetly being bought at a reasonable pace.

Annoying as it is....this is only a good sign, keep buying if someone or group wants to play this game.

When price starts to move up manipulator instantly make massive dump to his own buy orders and move buy support little lower in hope that with massive dump he will provoke panic sales. The thing is almost noone falls for that, and I can say that some of those guys could lose their sell wals because you cant hold this kind of coin on low level to long. Acummulation is one thing but this becomes vicious, and anyone saying this is healthy is on the same agenda as those manipulators.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Riseman

Activity: 690
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 08:21:06 PM

Or probably these are big holders/miners selling little by little as soon as any substantial support appears. They don't want the price to fall too fast because they want to sell their coins at maximum price possible.

I think it would be insane for any pumper to make a move now when so many people want to sell at 100-200K.
YAdaminer

Activity: 829

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 08:33:28 PM

Or probably these are big holders/miners selling little by little as soon as any substantial support appears. They don't want the price to fall too fast because they want to sell their coins at maximum price possible.

I think it would be insane for any pumper to make a move now when so many people want to sell at 100-200K.

The ones who really want to sell will put many smaller sell orders and over week or two he could sell substantial amount without hurting the market.
This what you are saying is not what is happening here, definetly not... or sellers are realy stupid which I highly doubt.
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 09:46:36 PM

Wallet version 0.3.3 BETA released: https://talk.vanillacoin.net/topic/204/version-0-3-3-beta-release/1

Changes:

Reduced outbound TCP bandwidth significantly
User configurable options are now available on Mac OS X and Windows
ZeroTime is enabled by default on Android and iOS
ZeroTime can be enabled by default on Mac OS X and Windows
General Bug Fixes

http://vanillacoin.net/wallets.php

Buying time bitches...

Maybe it's just common manipulation but there is some serious trading opposition to VNL on Polinex. Within a minute or two of any rise someone dumps prematurely. This isn't just taking profits or bag holders this is a serious effort to keep the rice down. Why? Maybe just to accumulate more but it could be more sinister, even interests like ETH wanting to kill competition?

All I know is it's definitely there and people should take advantage of it and buy the crap out of the dumps. we need to get on another exchange with decent vol.
The people selling had to buy before. I believe this is somewhat day-trading.
This is good for the coins since it provide liquidity. VNL has rather good liquidity for a while, which is good for the coin (18th in trading volume in coinmarketcap for today, and it has done far better at times).

Bullshit is that day trading. Day traders when they see a coin can easily move up they don't dump instantly on a rise. Ive never seen such aggressive dumping on a coin. The only reason you do that is to keep the price down, why? that's open for debate....simple accumulation by a whale is of course the most likeliest.

The reasonably decent vol validates my point, no coin real low in marketcap is constant in the top 10 on polinex vol like VNL is. The price is static but coins are definetly being bought at a reasonable pace.

Annoying as it is....this is only a good sign, keep buying if someone or group wants to play this game.

When price starts to move up manipulator instantly make massive dump to his own buy orders and move buy support little lower in hope that with massive dump he will provoke panic sales. The thing is almost noone falls for that, and I can say that some of those guys could lose their sell wals because you cant hold this kind of coin on low level to long. Acummulation is one thing but this becomes vicious, and anyone saying this is healthy is on the same agenda as those manipulators.

Well I hope you didn't think my comments made it seem like ai thought it was healthy. I'm just saying if this is the situation then capitalise on it. A plus if anyone is that desperate to hold the price down then they must see VNL as either a threat or want to accumulate cheap....this is still I think a good sign. I absolutely dont think it's healthy though which is why some posts back I suggested that the community pushs through these levels and buys...ie calling the manipulators bluff.
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 09:48:41 PM

The ones who really want to sell will put many smaller sell orders and over week or two he could sell substantial amount without hurting the market.
This what you are saying is not what is happening here, definetly not... or sellers are realy stupid which I highly doubt.

It very well could be miners. Not everyone who mines holds the all the coins they mine long term.

If you are larger miner you may need to sell some amount on a regular basis to cover your expenses, mainly electrical costs. So even if you do mine and hold, you may need to sell 60-75% on a regular basis to offset mining costs.

I have a few miners going at my house 24/7 and they add approximately $200/mo to my electric bill. I will sell approximately 1 BTC's worth at current rates each month, usually trying to spread it out to hit higher prices, just to offset my electricity costs. I still end up with a decent amount to hold onto longer term, without having to risk as much.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 09:51:42 PM

It very well could be miners. Not everyone who mines holds the all the coins they mine long term.

If you are larger miner you may need to sell some amount on a regular basis to cover your expenses, mainly electrical costs. So even if you do mine and hold, you may need to sell 60-75% on a regular basis to offset mining costs.

I have a few miners going at my house 24/7 and they add approximately $200/mo to my electric bill. I will sell approximately 1 BTC's worth at current rates each month, usually trying to spread it out to hit higher prices, just to offset my electricity costs. I still end up with a decent amount to hold onto longer term, without having to risk as much.

Not impossible, and some miners really do just dump everything without much trading thought. But this is too stupid. Within a few minutes of a rise the dump comes, VNL looked like rising quite a bit but the setiment is cut down with an axe by these little instant dumps.
Gleason

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2015, 10:06:49 PM

Its probably miners, mostly Idcray maybe?!

They still have more than half the network hash. Figure with 86400 seconds in a day, and figure blocks at around 200 seconds each roughly, would put around 31000 coins a day from mining. Idcray gets probably around 15-20k coins a day from their mining hashpower. Thats around 5-7btc everyday they dump on top of anyone else mining that dumps ( another 5-6btc ), and any other portion of their stash that Idcray wants to dump. With low volume days around 20-30btc it will keep price down abit.

Find one of a kind BTC, LTC and more Cryptomemorabilia at
http://www.cryptomemorabilia.com/
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 10:13:19 PM

Not impossible, and some miners really do just dump everything without much trading thought. But this is too stupid. Within a few minutes of a rise the dump comes, VNL looked like rising quite a bit but the setiment is cut down with an axe by these little instant dumps.

I should clarify, I do not think every sell is a miner, there is a bot on Polo at work all the time too. I just mean a good amount of fresh coins comes into existence each day that will amplify the selling pressure already in play. Once the block reward gets cut a few more times, these effects should lessen, but for now I believe it is multiple factors causing the mini dumps. One of which is of course miners looking to recoup some of their operating expenses.
john-connor

Activity: 596
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 12:27:11 AM

When I go to the waffle store and they are on sale I buy more waffles than originally intended. The problem is the waffles aren't always on sale due to decreased waffle production which causes the price to rise. Cool

Thank you for your support.

Minter                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█

▄█████▄   ▄▄
▐█▄           ▄███████████▀
████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
████████▄▄   ▐████████████
 ████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████████
 ▀███████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████
   ████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████████████▀
  ▀▀█████████▀▀
heartastack

Activity: 714

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 12:45:46 AM

When I go to the waffle store and they are on sale I buy more waffles than originally intended. The problem is the waffles aren't always on sale due to decreased waffle production which causes the price to rise. Cool

JC IN DA HOUUUUUSEEE  Cool
Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 01:39:54 AM

But usually those waffles are stale or not as fresh  Cheesy
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 04:02:26 AM

Obviously John is talking about block halving. Will it be this week?
EmperorBaburr

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 04:37:15 AM

wish vanilla would make a move already i know its going to be huge just have to wait it out Smiley
heartastack

Activity: 714

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 06:05:15 AM
Last edit: September 02, 2015, 06:15:28 AM by heartastack

Wallet #5 (bittrex) unloaded today. Managed to not dump down either. Congrats on the clean exit.
nice - still in redistrubtion / impatience phase.
Seems to me the price is still led by bittrex. Polo is just bot trading and some impulse buys.

I will keep watching bittrex. If I see a fat wallet pop up then unload this would support the miner dump theory. So far I've seen it 3 times in about a month so it's not that regular and could still be early adopters exiting.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 06:59:55 AM

Wallet #5 (bittrex) unloaded today. Managed to not dump down either. Congrats on the clean exit.
nice - still in redistrubtion / impatience phase.
Seems to me the price is still led by bittrex. Polo is just bot trading and some impulse buys.

I will keep watching bittrex. If I see a fat wallet pop up then unload this would support the miner dump theory. So far I've seen it 3 times in about a month so it's not that regular and could still be early adopters exiting.

How do you figure that? Polinex has 3x the vol.
EmilioMann
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 09:33:57 AM

even with the reduction of the block reward I still think that the number of coins created per day is very high.
The dump will be greater after the FPGAs are widely used.
haggis

Activity: 984

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 10:16:02 AM

even with the reduction of the block reward I still think that the number of coins created per day is very high.
Why should the "dump" be higher? Even if billion of FPGAs are used, the total amount of mined coins will be constant and decreased with each block reward reduction.
dygus
Legendary

Activity: 1193

Peaky Blinder

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 01:29:12 PM

Why should the "dump" be higher? Even if billion of FPGAs are used, the total amount of mined coins will be constant and decreased with each block reward reduction.

Yes, but electricity costs will be much lower with FPGA than GPU, so miners will be more willing to dump

CHANGE FINANCE First Decentralised Global Crypto Bank
[color=#15B5E2 ]LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 02:38:23 PM

Yes, but electricity costs will be much lower with FPGA than GPU, so miners will be more willing to dump

But the ones who are just selling to recoupe energy costs will sell less.
As it is volume seems large enough to hold the price at 30kish+- 5k
As the community grows so to will the price.

We won't moon shot hntil people start to use vnl outside of speculation.

If your not actively using the technology behind your crypto investment,

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
haggis

Activity: 984

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 04:05:51 PM

The cheaper the VNL mining costs the more miners will mine VNL. At the end nothing changes and the earned VNL per Watt will stay the same Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 [174] 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: