Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:04:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916255 times)
lame.duck
Legendary

Activity: 1270
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 01:15:49 PM

How long from tape-out to an actual chip in your hand... that's the new question Smiley

I would think most of the chips will go straight to the assembling facility.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DutchBrat

Activity: 868

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 01:20:45 PM

How long from tape-out to an actual chip in your hand... that's the new question Smiley

I would think most of the chips will go straight to the assembling facility.

Let me rephrase: how long before the manufacturer delivers the chips ?
friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 848
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 02:12:56 PM

It depends on how well we could push the hotrun/super-hotrun process. 45 days are
a good non-optimal estimation. While 3x-5x days are a way large enough range of a
way high confidence.

VeeMiner

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

bitcoin hodler

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 10:26:06 PM

It depends on how well we could push the hotrun/super-hotrun process. 45 days are
a good non-optimal estimation. While 3x-5x days are a way large enough range of a
way high confidence.

sounds good, will buy more shares, keep us posted!
eb3full
VIP

Activity: 198
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 12:11:17 AM

Thank you for your hard work, I'm excited to see these chips in action!

"With four parameters I can fit an elephant, and with five I can make him wiggle his trunk." John von Neumann
buy me beer: 1HG9cBBYME4HUVhfAqQvW9Vqwh3PLioHcU
001sonkit

Activity: 784

Casper - A failed entrepenuer who looks like Zhou

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2012, 01:27:25 PM

thanks for whoever shorted ASICMINER. I have a great oppotunity now

GEMINI ACCOUNT REVIEW - Source of Funds Request
LoweryCBS

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

firstbits 1LoCBS

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 05:23:36 PM

Nothing to explain, other than someone had to liquidate BTC.

Look at it like an opportunity (I did)

Can someone explain these sells? I mean its not that the amount of shares circulating are raised. But this time again the seller sold shares up to a price of 0.1btc. (And i dont understand why not one single share was sold to me while i was the only person offering to buy 1000 shares for 0.1 each. And everyone that offers the same 0.1 after my offer would be below me in the list.)
But whats the reason for this solds? I mean when he bought at ipo at 0.1btc he could make some money when selling it for 1.3BTC or so. 30% plus. But for 0.1? What reason is behind this?

Anyway... when you do it again... maybe sell me 1k shares that time... Smiley
doobeedoo

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 05:26:23 PM

Can someone explain these sells? I mean its not that the amount of shares circulating are raised. But this time again the seller sold shares up to a price of 0.1btc. (And i dont understand why not one single share was sold to me while i was the only person offering to buy 1000 shares for 0.1 each. And everyone that offers the same 0.1 after my offer would be below me in the list.)

i think i have seen this before. last order at the same price is selling/buying first.
maybe a bug on GLBSE.

But whats the reason for this solds? I mean when he bought at ipo at 0.1btc he could make some money when selling it for 1.3BTC or so. 30% plus. But for 0.1? What reason is behind this?

Anyway... when you do it again... maybe sell me 1k shares that time... Smiley

maybe someone needs the money right now, or is frightened because there are a lot of defaulted bonds at the moment.
doobeedoo

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 06:49:31 PM

I dont know. It happened a good couple of times now that someone sold shares for 0.1btc. Ok, maybe he was frightened, but short after a good message in this thread?

It doesnt make much sense to me. I mean its probably the same person otherwise i dont see really why so many different persons should buy at 0.1 and sell at different times for the same amount.

Im only a bit suspicious about this. At least the seller has to be one of the buyers from ipo because the number of shares isnt changing. So i think it cant be some kind of scam does it? I mean i dont see a hint that anything at this project is suspicious but bitcoin investments are a minefield.

/Theorise on
I mean when someone wants to run a scam he maybe makes a plan that looks like much money so that the investors think that he cant afford to lose the much money. While in fact he is targetting to get away with a small portion of money. So he can hide this fact because all think the big money insures it. So maybe at ipo sell shares and, because you are the owner, you move some shares to yourself. Then stop selling so that customers think thats cool... he doesnt buy more even though he could. Strong sign its not a scam. A scammer would take as much money as possible.
Then over time the shares that were moved to the private account are sold. But only to the point to let the course be stable. But you can earn money and run. All looks safe and normal while one can run with the money at some point. Leaving behind shares that never were planned to have value. Only to let investors think the securityissuer has something to lose.
/Theorise off

Im only thinking around what these sells are. They dont make sense to me. Against my theorising speaks that none of my 1000 shares were bought. I mean they could have been bought without letting the course fall. Or are the shares all sold?

Or maybe the sells for 0.1 was a mistake because the seller simply calculated the amount of shares in the bidsection and sold a round number of shares. But no... there were 100BTC sold for 0.1BTC. Thats no error. And unfortunately exactly the amount for the 1000 shares i offered. *grmbl* glbse...

maybe it is profitable for someone:

Low of the day in ASICMINER on GLBSE 0.00021 Huh

Someone's account got hacked or something ?

Yep
doobeedoo

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 06:55:55 PM

You mean this sells could be because someone got his account hacked? I doubt because a hacker wouldnt stop at 0.1btc. But the 0.00021 sure sound like a hacker. But i wouldnt trust to get shares for that price... Smiley

But this 0.1 selling still lets me think...

i bought my first 10 shares at about 0.098 last month.
nameface

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 07:19:47 PM

ZETA-MINING issuer was trading his shareholders 1 of their ZETA shares for 1.5 shares of ASICMINER. He was doing this to offer his shareholders a form of asic upgrade because some of them were clamoring for it. Perhaps some people traded and then wanted to sell for an immediate profit at 0.1? (re: value of 1.5 ASICMINER shares was higher than 1 ZETA-MINING share for awhile).
zefir
Donator

Activity: 919

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 08:54:14 PM

ZETA-MINING issuer was trading his shareholders 1 of their ZETA shares for 1.5 shares of ASICMINER. He was doing this to offer his shareholders a form of asic upgrade because some of them were clamoring for it. Perhaps some people traded and then wanted to sell for an immediate profit at 0.1? (re: value of 1.5 ASICMINER shares was higher than 1 ZETA-MINING share for awhile).
Yes, I confirm that. I am heavily invested in ASICMINER (with my portion of shares locked by friedcat) and since my FPGA mining farm is not BFL based, I am offering an asset swap of 2 ZETA-MINING bonds for 3 ASICMINER shares as kind of good will ASIC upgrade path. Quite some investors made use of this offer so far and I swapped 6k+ ASICMINER shares since beginning of September.

Based on the price history there was only one short period of time where it was profitable to sell ASICMINER shares right after a swap, which might have caused the price dip from ~0.14 down to 0.1 we saw on 09-06. Not saying that this is what happened, but that the current dips most probably were not caused by my former investors dumping shares after swaps - that's not the idea of an ASIC upgrade.

Anyhow, there were nice opportunities to get into this promising venture. If I had more liquid BTC, I'd buy every share below 0.12 right away, but sadly other strong hands took the cheap ones meanwhile Wink

Deprived

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 09:12:41 PM

I have a theory about why the price may have dropped.  It's only a theory - but does tie in nicely with the timing of things.

Here it is:

1.  OBSI.HRPT is widely believed to be a ponzi that is about to crash and burn.
2.  If indeed OBSI.HRPT is a ponzi then it's pretty safe to say his other companies are also scams.
3.  If OBSI.HRPT is about to collapse and is a ponzi then he'd not want to leave assets on GLBSE that nefario could freeze/return to his shareholders.
4.  FACT: Obsi traded a bunch of  own shares in OBSI.ABMO for thousands of ASICMINER shares from DMC.  That trade made good sense (for obsi) whether or not the HRPT is a ponzi.
5.  If the above are true then you'd expect Obsi to be offloading those ASICMINER shares and withdrawing the BTC.

This is only a theory - but makes perfect sense (and the timing is right) IF OBSI.HRPT is a ponzi (which you'll all have to make your own minds up on).  If true it means buying ASIC shares now is a good idea - as the drop isn't caused by anything related to this share.

Disclosure: I hold a modest number of ASICMINER shares (and absolutely zero in anything Obsi related).
nedbert9

Activity: 252

Inactive

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 10:54:27 PM

I dont know. It happened a good couple of times now that someone sold shares for 0.1btc. Ok, maybe he was frightened, but short after a good message in this thread?

maybe it is profitable for someone:

Low of the day in ASICMINER on GLBSE 0.00021 Huh

Someone's account got hacked or something ?

Yep

The largest beneficiary of my account compromise was for approx. 2400 shares of ASICMINER.

While this amount might have been purchased in coordination with the perpetrator for later sale I think it's unlikely.

There was a significant period of time between when the 2400 ask was placed and then purchased.  This does not support the theory of profit taking related to a prior conspiracy.
nameface

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 11:02:28 PM

Is there some way to right this wrong? GLBSE knows who obtained those shares.
nedbert9

Activity: 252

Inactive

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 11:08:11 PM

Is there some way to right this wrong? GLBSE knows who obtained those shares.

Recourse was pursued with the GLBSE operator and appeal to those following this thread for a repurchase of the shares coming from the compromise.

GLBSE operator does not intervene in these cases.  To his credit, Jatarul sold back the shares he received from his outstanding bid being filled as a result of the compromise.

Jutarul
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 02:43:22 AM

You could ask the same question for anything else which has a positive outlook but declines in price (e.g. bitcoin). The reason is strong hands and weak hands. Strong hands absorb and have no selling pressure. Weak hands acquire for short term and then either are forced to liquidate (e.g. they have to cover debts) or find better opportunities to invest (opportunity cost of holding a share which doesn't pay dividends yet can be significant). Weak hands ususally speculate that the price goes up in the short term.
Strong hands can become weak hands and vice versa for various reasons...

The ASICMINER Project https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.0
"The way you solve things is by making it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing.", Milton Friedman
guruvan

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 04:46:10 AM

Move with the market. When I see multiple players looking to either liquidate large positions, or short sell an asset I'm holding, it's a good day to sell it down. If I really like it long term, it's not in my trading portfolio - so it doesn't get sold unless there's a long term signal.

This asset is too high risk to make it to the long term portfolio Wink This move down is welcome in my book - much more active trading down here.

Jutarul
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 04:59:58 AM

Move with the market. When I see multiple players looking to either liquidate large positions, or short sell an asset I'm holding, it's a good day to sell it down.

I am curious. What investment logic do you exploit here? What you said only makes sense if the players act as trend setters and you either want to liquidate anyway or re-buy at a lower price.

The ASICMINER Project https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.0
"The way you solve things is by making it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing.", Milton Friedman
matauc12

Activity: 658

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 09:18:43 AM

It doesnt make much sense to me. I mean its probably the same person otherwise i dont see really why so many different persons should buy at 0.1 and sell at different times for the same amount.

Im only a bit suspicious about this. At least the seller has to be one of the buyers from ipo because the number of shares isnt changing. So i think it cant be some kind of scam does it? I mean i dont see a hint that anything at this project is suspicious but bitcoin investments are a minefield.

/Theorise on
I mean when someone wants to run a scam he maybe makes a plan that looks like much money so that the investors think that he cant afford to lose the much money. While in fact he is targetting to get away with a small portion of money. So he can hide this fact because all think the big money insures it. So maybe at ipo sell shares and, because you are the owner, you move some shares to yourself. Then stop selling so that customers think thats cool... he doesnt buy more even though he could. Strong sign its not a scam. A scammer would take as much money as possible.
Then over time the shares that were moved to the private account are sold. But only to the point to let the course be stable. But you can earn money and run. All looks safe and normal while one can run with the money at some point. Leaving behind shares that never were planned to have value. Only to let investors think the securityissuer has something to lose.
/Theorise off

Im only thinking around what these sells are. They dont make sense to me. Against my theorising speaks that none of my 1000 shares were bought. I mean they could have been bought without letting the course fall. Or are the shares all sold?

Or maybe the sells for 0.1 was a mistake because the seller simply calculated the amount of shares in the bidsection and sold a round number of shares. But no... there were 100BTC sold for 0.1BTC. Thats no error. And unfortunately exactly the amount for the 1000 shares i offered. *grmbl* glbse...
I don't understand why you analyze it that much. Know what I would do if I couldn't pay my rent right now? She assets I own at a price it will sell instantly. Plus I bought 2200 shares at 0.88, so it would be a 10% or so profit at 0.1. There is many reasons to sell 10-20% below current offer, one of which is manipulation, which is illegal but also mostly harmless and hard to prove in this kind of case.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: