Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:56:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916255 times)
friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 848
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 08:06:59 AM
Last edit: November 01, 2012, 05:38:32 AM by friedcat

Update

GLBSE
We have got the phone number from DeadTerra, but got no replies whenever we call.
We also exchanged information with HorseRider, what we have got in mind as the result, confirmed
again that the possibility of GLBSE's default and refusal of shareholders' information is low. There
is also the latest update from HorseRider:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=118354.msg1307329#msg1307329

We believe that there's still a significant waiting period.

Again, to cope with the improbable unfortunate future scenarios, any shareholder who see this update
and hasn't claimed the shares, please make a claim to (fnnirvana@gmail.com).

The Project
The foundry is still in the stage of processing wafer metal layers (the last stage of production before slicing/packaging/testing). So whoever
caused the hashrate peak is not us. Like that for shareholder information, we are in a relatively passive waiting state. Of course, we have been doing what we could control to optimize the schedule, making sure that our side will not be the critical path on the whole project.

The first 12 wafers (about 12TH/s) will be online in a 6/6 manner. That is, the first 6TH/s for demo and testing, with the second 6TH/s as the succeeding one after the first.

As the competition heats up, a longer-time profiting schedule is needed to complement the speculative plan of a short-time monopoly.
We will immediately make a mass production after the testing shows a high enough yield rate (2/3 is enough for us). The foundry poses limited production scale on the current price level, but more ones are negotiable with higher $/wafer.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
punin

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2012, 11:15:25 AM

Thanks for the update Friedcat! Just my curiosity, do you have everything else that you need ready? E.g. PCB's, PSUs, components for PCBs, reserved manufacturing slot at assembly house..

Head of Product Development
Bitfury Group
www.bitfury.com
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4438
Merit: 1794

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 11:50:55 AM

... software? ... Smiley

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
eb3full
VIP

Activity: 198
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 11:54:51 AM

... update? ... Smiley

"With four parameters I can fit an elephant, and with five I can make him wiggle his trunk." John von Neumann
buy me beer: 1HG9cBBYME4HUVhfAqQvW9Vqwh3PLioHcU
lophie

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 08:19:15 PM

... update? ... Smiley

+1

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...
DiabloD3
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2012, 08:31:30 PM

... update? ... Smiley

Since friedcat is probably busy, I can partially fill in for the GLBSE side.

nefario still is not complying with requests for shareholder information and, independently, he may or may not be facing prison time for violating financial laws in the UK. Everyone wants his head on a stick, next to pirate's and zhoutong's.

Other than that, I expect friedcat is still waiting for his shipment of canned kickass from China.

DutchBrat

Activity: 868

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 08:58:47 AM

nefario still is not complying with requests for shareholder information and, independently, he may or may not be facing prison time for violating financial laws in the UK. Everyone wants his head on a stick, next to pirate's and zhoutong's.

Everyone wants his head on stick because he is not complying with requests for shareholder information...
Absurd that he holds that info hostage because his script paid out more than it should. One has got nothing to do with the other ! One screw-up should NOT lead to another one !!!
VeeMiner

Activity: 752

bitcoin hodler

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 10:33:18 AM

Everyone wants his head on stick because he is not complying with requests for shareholder information...
Absurd that he holds that info hostage because his script paid out more than it should. One has got nothing to do with the other ! One screw-up should NOT lead to another one !!!

yeah, what's so hard about releasing simple information about who has which shares of which company. 5 minutes of time.
memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 12:30:20 PM

yeah, what's so hard about releasing simple information about who has which shares of which company. 5 minutes of time.

If there really was a threat enough to cause him to shut down, the same threat prevents him from sharing that information. Otherwise he wouldn't have had to shut down so abruptly in the first place. Maybe he's trying to figure out a way to make it possible for him to supply the information without incriminating himself (requiring AML from issuers and whatnot), but to my experience things don't work that way in the real world. If the regulatory system was in peace with unusual ideas, we wouldn't need GLBSE in the first place. The only clean way out was accidentally leaking the information, and that ship seems to have sailed.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1077

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2012, 08:36:57 PM

There is no hint that nefario really was threatened by fsa or similar. Even the lawyer he claims has given him advice doesnt answer any other person. So its questionable if he even spoke with him. Its somewhat strange. In the nefario-scammer-thread the majority now is thinking that nefario will scam them. I dont think so yet. I think he is only stubborn.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 07:24:17 AM

Please see my statement at
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=118354.msg1313150#msg1313150
He doesn't want to hold the assets hostages and he doesn't plan to do so, but he needs to change the script so that all the people that paid back the double payment get their assets while the once that didn't pay it, don't get their assets.
Hence the only assets that will be held hostage is the once of the people that didn't pay back, the rest will get their assets. That's how I have understood the situation.
//DeaDTerra
memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 09:10:21 AM

he needs to change the script

That would take hours, if not minutes.
deeplink

Activity: 728

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 11:09:27 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2012, 11:40:01 AM by deeplink

He doesn't want to hold the assets hostages and he doesn't plan to do so, but he needs to change the script so that all the people that paid back the double payment get their assets while the once that didn't pay it, don't get their assets.
Hence the only assets that will be held hostage is the once of the people that didn't pay back, the rest will get their assets. That's how I have understood the situation.
//DeaDTerra

1) Writing or changing his scripting does not take days or weeks.
2) Why use a script at all at this point? All payments could have been done by hand in a couple of days.
3) He doesn't know exactly who paid him what, because everyone had to pay to the same address.
4) No progress, no communication, no nothing. He is acting in bad faith, as many people have pointed out.

That's how I have understood the situation.
friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 11:39:18 AM

Update

GLBSE
To any shareholders who haven't made claims yet, please report your shares to
(fnnirvana@gmail.com) with your e-mail address, your number of shares, and your
Bitcoin address.

The collection of claims could not last forever. We would in principle stop collecting
claims on forum time 23:59:59, Nov. 18th. Any claims after that should come with
very solid proof.

If you have friends or known people who don't visit this forum often, please do us
a favor to tell notify them.

And please keep in mind that this is only a backup plan on the event that GLBSE fails
to give any data.

The project
We are still waiting for the foundry (chip manufacturer). We polled the information from
our foundry agent harder, and are told that bad part is that their production line is becoming
busier though the fourth season is an off one, while the good part is that the person in charge
of the production house have already positively responded to our foundry agent's push.

Other than polling for responses and updates from our foundry, we have made many parts
of our side ready, including the packaging service and the logistics. There are work still left
to do. Some need actual assembled PCBs after the chips arrive, for example, tuning for the
best performance with the miner software. Some are doable now and we are doing them,
for example, reserving of slots from the assembly service.

It is possible that we are the earliest or very early among all ASIC mining device
providers. But if the delay from the foundry happens and we are unable to catch
the first bus, making the "fast money" moment shorter, we will still do anything we
could for our investors to gain them more longer-term profits with adapted business
plans of mass production, proper pricing and better deploying with cheaper power source.

Hfertig

Activity: 361
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 02:10:54 PM

I am a shareholder, but as there is no access to GLBSE, how should I know how much shares I am holding ? It has been over a month when GLBSE was shut down and I would expect that there are other investors who don´t know the exact amount of shares they hold.

Can I make a claim that I am a shareholder without the amount of shares I do hold ? I will submit this data later once GLBSE has released this information to me.

Cheers

H
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1077

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2012, 02:30:19 PM

@friedcat So can you give a new date when the asics will start to run? The last non-optimistic estimation ended on novembre the 6th.
And is it possible that another asicproducer is interfering at the foundry so that asicminer asics are produced later and his earlier? Corruption maybe? Or is asicminer the only company that wants to let asics create there? Only asking.

Please see my statement at
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=118354.msg1313150#msg1313150
//DeaDTerra

There is more to it. Because nefario keeps all asset infos hostage as long as he doesnt have paid all the user money back. And he only will do this when all the double payments are back. Which in fact means he takes all the asset infos hostage because he could give out the asset infos without problems before. But he made his mind that this has to happen after all the usermoney is done.

I am a shareholder, but as there is no access to GLBSE, how should I know how much shares I am holding ? It has been over a month when GLBSE was shut down and I would expect that there are other investors who don´t know the exact amount of shares they hold.

Can I make a claim that I am a shareholder without the amount of shares I do hold ? I will submit this data later once GLBSE has released this information to m

You should at least know how much you had. friedcat can do nothing with a number of shares you could fill in later because you feel so. These mails are only for the case glbse isnt giving out the infos. If glbse gives out the infos the mails are trashed.
So write him something like this: "I owned x shares and sold x shares then. Thats what i know. I then ordered x shares but dont know if they are filled so if i own them now." Something like that. Then add an email to contact and a bitcoin address. Its only the backup plan.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 03:22:29 PM

Can I make a claim that I am a shareholder without the amount of shares I do hold ? I will submit this data later once GLBSE has released this information to me.

Cheers

H
You should do your best to provide an estimate. Write down what you can recall. Look into your wallets for transaction history, and identify what could have been sends to GLBSE. Match all this with trade history available in https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=117491.0

Needless to say - from now on keep your records up-to-date.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
2GOOD

Activity: 547
Merit: 531

First bits: 12good

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2012, 05:34:25 PM

I don't have a confirmation - can you post some kind of confirmed list or just reply to those emails that everything is ok or something like this.

Thank You

irritant

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

Sodium hypochlorite, acetone, ethanol

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 05:44:55 PM

I don't have a confirmation - can you post some kind of confirmed list or just reply to those emails that everything is ok or something like this.

Thank You

+1
friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 04:40:04 AM

@friedcat So can you give a new date when the asics will start to run? The last non-optimistic estimation ended on novembre the 6th.
We will query more from the foundry to get the new estimation of the chips delivery.

And is it possible that another asicproducer is interfering at the foundry so that asicminer asics are produced later and his earlier? Corruption maybe? Or is asicminer the only company that wants to let asics create there? Only asking.
The foundry processes many orders that are magnitudes larger than that of ASICMINER or any other ASIC mining device projects. If companies at our size are allowed to fight dirty against each other within their production house, big players like cellphone microprocessor producers will make much more serious mess. So we don't think it's possible.

And also, as far as we know, there are no competitors using the same foundry as ours.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: