Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 09:04:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916255 times)
phr33

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 11:05:29 AM

It might bee too much work to keep the first post constantly up to date, but perhaps it would be good to remove obviously outdated information, such as the dates when mining will start?

Thanks

My BTC input: 1GAtPwoTGPQ35y9QugJueum5GzaEzLYjiQ
My GPG ID: B0CCFD4A

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 06:46:48 PM

To any shareholders who haven't made claims yet, please report your shares to
(fnnirvana@gmail.com) with your e-mail address, your number of shares, and your
Bitcoin address.

The collection of claims could not last forever. We would in principle stop collecting
claims on forum time 23:59:59, Nov. 18th. Any claims after that should come with
very solid proof.

It might be a good idea to send confirmation e-mail to claimants a few days before the deadline. What if the e-mail was lost somewhere in the pipes? I wouldn't want to lose my shares because of a typo I made.
+100
Yes it is. We will send confirmation e-mail to claimants we haven't sent confirmation mails to.

I emailed my claim on October 10, but have not received any confirmations. I just sent another email again. Please respond. Thanks!

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
jjshabadoo

Activity: 535
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 08:45:37 PM

I've heard nothing as well and honestly this sucks. I don't think a confirmation email in return is too much to ask. I emailed twice that I owned 200 shares.

Man I'm sick of the scamming little bitches in bitcoin. If people weren't so greedy so many problems in the world would go away.

So much time and money is spent in this world simply because no one can be trusted and that's pathetic.
2GOOD

Activity: 547
Merit: 531

First bits: 12good

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2012, 08:47:15 PM

I've heard nothing as well and honestly this sucks. I don't think a confirmation email in return is too much to ask. I emailed twice that I owned 200 shares.

Man I'm sick of the scamming little bitches in bitcoin. If people weren't so greedy so many problems in the world would go away.

So much time and money is spent in this world simply because no one can be trusted and that's pathetic.

Take it easy, I'm sure friedcat is just busy or whatever and it's Sunday. Have a little patience....

jjshabadoo

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 09:00:23 PM

I could see how my post might have looked like it was aimed at friedcat. My rant about scamming was not pointed at him.

Yes I would like email confirmation, that's all.

I apologize for any misconception.
stepkrav

Activity: 188

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 10:38:49 PM

I had 3 shares on glbse but haven't claimed any. I've been some time offline, not able to check the forum in depth. So, how am i suppose to prove that i am tha shareholder? Or i am just too late?
2GOOD

Activity: 547
Merit: 531

First bits: 12good

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2012, 10:43:10 PM

I had 3 shares on glbse but haven't claimed any. I've been some time offline, not able to check the forum in depth. So, how am i suppose to prove that i am tha shareholder? Or i am just too late?

To any shareholders who haven't made claims yet, please report your shares to
(fnnirvana@gmail.com) with your e-mail address, your number of shares, and your
Bitcoin address.

The collection of claims could not last forever. We would in principle stop collecting
claims on forum time 23:59:59, Nov. 18th. Any claims after that should come with
very solid proof.

As stated here you have more than a hour to go... so write your e-mail with the amount of shares you own and a valid BTC address. IF you have any proof will be a plus.

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 848
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 04:44:17 AM

friedcat... could you tell whats the result of all the claimed shares summarized? How honest were the claimer? Are way more claimed than sold or maybe even less for some reason?

I have to say... i tried the last days to contact nefario and to find his new address. Email, phone, different other phonenumbers from phonebook, messenger and so on. I wasnt successful. He didnt react in any way which i think is poor because stopping communication can only make things worse. I could understand if nefario dont want to read or hear anything anymore because all the hate he gets but giving up shouldnt be an option.

Anyway... im very glad that at last i had invested in asicminer. It seems to be the only issuer that tries to solve the problems even without nefario acting. Too bad that nefario is acting this way... i mean its not hard to give daily updates on the things he does. And its not cool to hear that some people that got a double payment even now didnt get an email with an address where to pay back the double payment.
The total sum is a little over 150k, with some claims are ranges instead of accurate numbers. It's rather close to the total shares in circulation before GLBSE was shut down. If there are no significant refusal or missing of claims, we truly admire the honesty of claimers as a whole.

This data will be used if GLBSE fails to deliver us their version before we start to mine and pay our dividends. Of course, it is still much better that we could get the GLBSE data and we will never have to use it.

niko

Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 05:29:09 AM

The total sum is a little over 150k, with some claims are ranges instead of accurate numbers. It's rather close to the total shares in circulation before GLBSE was shut down. If there are no significant refusal or missing of claims, we truly admire the honesty of claimers as a whole.

This data will be used if GLBSE fails to deliver us their version before we start to mine and pay our dividends. Of course, it is still much better that we could get the GLBSE data and we will never have to use it.

First of all, thank you for finding time to send the confirmation email. As for the honesty, it is worth noting that even if GLBSE fails to deliver information before you start mining, nobody (including dishonest people) can be sure that this information will not become available in the future, thus revealing any dishonesty.

Anyway, you should now focus on important jobs at hand - fab, packaging, PCBs, and programming. Shares and payouts can be worked on once chips are hashing.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
jjshabadoo

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 02:47:35 PM

I got an email confirmation also, so thank you to friedcat and his team.

It seems as though they are really trying to do the right thing.

This is refreshing in the bitcoin world.
Mausini

Activity: 177

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 03:21:33 PM

any progress on the project itself? I'm just wondering why the foundry ia not giving any reliable estimates of when this will be done - even if there are magnitudes larger orders.
DutchBrat

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 02:14:09 PM

Friedcat, any chance you received (part of) the list with asset information from Nefario ?

To all Gigaminers:

Late yesterday I received an asset holder list from GLBSE. Per the email received, the list may grow some more so it may not be the final list.

This is good news as it means step one is near completion. I will be working with counsel later today and possibly into next week to finalize the next steps and to clarify what has to be done and why.

Best regards,
gigavps

Seems like there is some progress  Grin
MPOE-PR

Merit: 522

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 04:37:00 PM

It's rather close to the total shares in circulation before GLBSE was shut down. If there are no significant refusal or missing of claims, we truly admire the honesty of claimers as a whole.

If you are actually sent the GLBSE data you can even shame those who falsely made claims.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 06:13:49 PM

It's rather close to the total shares in circulation before GLBSE was shut down. If there are no significant refusal or missing of claims, we truly admire the honesty of claimers as a whole.

If you are actually sent the GLBSE data you can even shame those who falsely made claims.
And you should. I hope all asset issuers publicly name all people who made false claims.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1077

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2012, 06:25:33 PM

And you should. I hope all asset issuers publicly name all people who made false claims.

I second that... would be a really low person when someone tried to scam you even when you went so far to solve this issue...

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
DutchBrat

Activity: 868

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 07:02:44 PM

Nefario is supplying the asset info starting with the largest assets in descending order

So I guess Friedcat should get a userlist pretty soon

http://blog.glbse.com/issuers-being-given-shareholder-lists
burger

Activity: 195

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 10:36:19 PM

Nefario is supplying the asset info starting with the largest assets in descending order

This is very good news!!!

friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 848
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 21, 2012, 05:49:27 AM

Update

It might bee too much work to keep the first post constantly up to date, but perhaps it would be good to remove obviously outdated information, such as the dates when mining will start?

Thanks
We are very sorry for the delay of chips delivery. The OP was initially created to raise funds. Now it should used for other purposes like general information. However, the current OP also serves as a detailed version of the contract. With GLBSE unable to recover the contract text, we ask for people to first quote it several times before we make a significant change to it.

any progress on the project itself? I'm just wondering why the foundry ia not giving any reliable estimates of when this will be done - even if there are magnitudes larger orders.
Yes. The wafer process is done layer by layer and we could see the progress on track. We began receiving software generated excel updates from the foundry bypassed through our foundry agent showing the production status almost every workday.

This is very good news!!!
Nice. We will keep people updated whenever we receive them.

I second that... would be a really low person when someone tried to scam you even when you went so far to solve this issue...
It is in principle not able to 100% distinguish false claims with wrong claims caused by dynamic open orders and inaccurate memory. So we would rather not to make them open, especially that we don't have the right to publicize information with the owners want them be private.

lumberjack

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2012, 06:20:18 AM

With GLBSE unable to recover the contract text, we ask for people to first quote it several times before we make a significant change to it.

I'm relatively active between 1:00AM to 3:00PM of forum time each day. Contacting me within this time interval could get quicker responses.

http://img3.douban.com/view/photo/thumb/public/p1664468687.jpg
(Recent update: We are collecting the shareholders data. Please check:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.msg1264071#msg1264071)

As some people might have already known, we have been working
on our own design of ASIC miner chips for quite a while.
(https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91173.0) The front-end (RTL) design,
optimization and simulation has finished and we are currently focusing on the
physical design. From existing data, we are convinced that it will be very
profitable thanks to the reasonable NRE, low margin cost, and revolutionary
speed and power consumption compared to all the current mining devices. Our
project will greatly contribute to the Bitcoin community and Bitcoin itself, by
offering nice return to investors and at the same time securing the network
significantly.

We are in a close race with our competitors. It is quite possible that
Bitfountain will be the one to have the world's first working ASIC-based
devices for Bitcoin mining. In this case, there will be fantastic early return.
Even if we are not the earliest, our company will still have a lot of room to
make money, because the impossibly insane price wars are not likely to happen,
or at least not all at once if they do.

About the Company ASICMINER is a GLBSE-listed partner company of the
Bitfountain IC company registered in China. After the fully issuing of
ASICMINER shares, each one of ASICMINER and Bitfountain controls 50% power to
make decisions and shares 50% of the total profits, but the ASICMINER investors
will first get 100% of the total profits until they have their principals paid
back. After the first payment, the dividends will always be paid weekly in each
Wednesday of Beijing time.

To be more detailed, ASICMINER has 200,000 shares in total. Each share gets
1/400,000 of the voting power of, and the regular dividends from, the Bitfountain
IC company registered in China. In addition, before investors of ASICMINER
break even against the IPO price, all net gains from Bitfountain will be paid
to them. The issuer could stop selling ASICMINER whenever enough funds for the
expenses are collected.

IPO The GLBSE ticker is ASICMINER. 200,000 shares are issued. Initially,
30,000 are for public sale. 170,000 are for private bulk purchase via PMs and the
asset transfer system of GLBSE. The ratio may be adjusted but the total number is
always 200,000. The price per share is set at 0.1BTC. Given the fluctuation of BTC price,
the IPO will be closed when collected funds exceeds the expected expense and the
expected abundance reservation. No more shares will be released to the market other
than the very 200,000 ones.

Each investor who privately buys 5,000 or more shares will get extra 10% ones,
plus a position on the board of Bitfountain. 10,000 or more shares will get
another extra 2.5%. Board members could ask for details of Bitfountain, as well
as inspecting and monitoring our financials.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Business plan and Estimated Return The expected starting date of chips
manufacturing is late August to September, 2012. The chips are supposed to be
deployed and start hashing in October to November, 2012.

After the ASIC miner chips are produced and deployed, we will first directly
mine with them, then use part of the revenue to make user-friendlier mining
boards or rigs for sale.

If our chips are successfully produced, all the following businesses will
contribute to the shareholders' return:
  Self-Mining with First Batch of Chips At least 12TH/s in
total, that is equivalent to 30MH/s per share, or 300MH/s per BTC.
  Hashrate/Chip/Board Selling Net profits are
conservatively calculated as $5 per GH/s. That roughly equals to 0.5BTC per
GH/s with the current BTC/USD exchange rate. It means that each time we sell
1TH/s of hashing power in various forms, the net profit per share will be
1.25mBTC, that is, 1.25% of the initial investment.
  Self-Mining after Mass Production Unlimited hashrate in
theory because of the low margin cost. But in reality we have to consider the
cost of management (labor) and place (rent). We believe an expansion to 50TH/s
is not hard to achieve. That pushes the hashrate per share to 155MH/s, or
1.55G/s per BTC.
  Next-Generation Products The plan will be discussed among
board members and approved by shareholders, because it would require keeping
some of the revenues instead of paying them all as dividends. The return of
this stage is difficult to estimate, since in the Bitcoin world everything may
happen and happens even quicklier than imagination. But we personally believe
that much more potential profits wait there.

Potential Risks and Tips on How to Hedge We list all possible risks of
our project here, and the most straightforward way to hedge each of them.
  BTC drops too much in value This will finally make mining
unprofitable because even with ASIC devices people still have to pay
electricity bills and operating fees. Hedge: take a short position on BTC.
  BTC increases too much in value This might make your
investment of your Bitcoins to ASICMINER less profitable than simply holding
them. Hedge: take a long position on BTC.
  Failure to produce The IC production has some minimum
failure rate. We have some fund reservation ourselves to cope with this
scenario, but the risk here is still not zero. Hedge: diversify your portfolio
by also making bets on our competitors.
  Outpaced too much by competitors It will make the
difficulty very high and our efficiency/price less attractive. Hedge: same as
above, making some bets on competitors of us.

Risk Compensation for Investors To further compensate the risks of
investors, we give investors following privileges.
  You Break Even First We (Bitfountain) will not take any
net profits from mining or device sales until the investors (ASICMINER) break
even against the IPO price (0.1 BTC per share). It means that each share of
ASICMINER will first have 1/x of the total net revenues as dividends, in which
x equals to the total number of ASICMINER shares in circulation, and have
1/400,000 after the principals of the investors are paid out.
  Return On Rally If the price of Bitcoin rallies too much,
then we probably don't need so much money to make our project succeed. We will
return part of the principals as big dividends before we tape out the chips
when BTC/USD exchange rate rises a lot.
  Return When Discontinuation If we haven't raised enough
money to tape out before August. 28, 2012, we will return 100.5% of the total
raised funds to investors of ASICMINER. The 0.5% is for compensating the GLBSE
fee.
  No Future Dilution Each share of ASICMINER always
represents 1/400,000 of the whole company. If we have to attract more investors
in the future, we will only sell our own Bitfountain shares.

Extra Words The OP is kept as brief and clear as possible, if you have
any further questions about details, just ask. Advices and criticisms are also
welcome.
DiabloD3
Legendary

Activity: 1162

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2012, 09:13:57 AM

I'm relatively active between 1:00AM to 3:00PM of forum time each day. Contacting me within this time interval could get quicker responses.

(Recent update: We are collecting the shareholders data. Please check:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.msg1264071#msg1264071)

As some people might have already known, we have been working
on our own design of ASIC miner chips for quite a while.
(https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91173.0) The front-end (RTL) design,
optimization and simulation has finished and we are currently focusing on the
physical design. From existing data, we are convinced that it will be very
profitable thanks to the reasonable NRE, low margin cost, and revolutionary
speed and power consumption compared to all the current mining devices. Our
project will greatly contribute to the Bitcoin community and Bitcoin itself, by
offering nice return to investors and at the same time securing the network
significantly.

We are in a close race with our competitors. It is quite possible that
Bitfountain will be the one to have the world's first working ASIC-based
devices for Bitcoin mining. In this case, there will be fantastic early return.
Even if we are not the earliest, our company will still have a lot of room to
make money, because the impossibly insane price wars are not likely to happen,
or at least not all at once if they do.

About the Company ASICMINER is a GLBSE-listed partner company of the
Bitfountain IC company registered in China. After the fully issuing of
ASICMINER shares, each one of ASICMINER and Bitfountain controls 50% power to
make decisions and shares 50% of the total profits, but the ASICMINER investors
will first get 100% of the total profits until they have their principals paid
back. After the first payment, the dividends will always be paid weekly in each
Wednesday of Beijing time.

To be more detailed, ASICMINER has 200,000 shares in total. Each share gets
1/400,000 of the voting power of, and the regular dividends from, the Bitfountain
IC company registered in China. In addition, before investors of ASICMINER
break even against the IPO price, all net gains from Bitfountain will be paid
to them. The issuer could stop selling ASICMINER whenever enough funds for the
expenses are collected.

IPO The GLBSE ticker is ASICMINER. 200,000 shares are issued. Initially,
30,000 are for public sale. 170,000 are for private bulk purchase via PMs and the
asset transfer system of GLBSE. The ratio may be adjusted but the total number is
always 200,000. The price per share is set at 0.1BTC. Given the fluctuation of BTC price,
the IPO will be closed when collected funds exceeds the expected expense and the
expected abundance reservation. No more shares will be released to the market other
than the very 200,000 ones.

Each investor who privately buys 5,000 or more shares will get extra 10% ones,
plus a position on the board of Bitfountain. 10,000 or more shares will get
another extra 2.5%. Board members could ask for details of Bitfountain, as well
as inspecting and monitoring our financials.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Business plan and Estimated Return The expected starting date of chips
manufacturing is late August to September, 2012. The chips are supposed to be
deployed and start hashing in October to November, 2012.

After the ASIC miner chips are produced and deployed, we will first directly
mine with them, then use part of the revenue to make user-friendlier mining
boards or rigs for sale.

If our chips are successfully produced, all the following businesses will
contribute to the shareholders' return:
  Self-Mining with First Batch of Chips At least 12TH/s in
total, that is equivalent to 30MH/s per share, or 300MH/s per BTC.
  Hashrate/Chip/Board Selling Net profits are
conservatively calculated as $5 per GH/s. That roughly equals to 0.5BTC per
GH/s with the current BTC/USD exchange rate. It means that each time we sell
1TH/s of hashing power in various forms, the net profit per share will be
1.25mBTC, that is, 1.25% of the initial investment.
  Self-Mining after Mass Production Unlimited hashrate in
theory because of the low margin cost. But in reality we have to consider the
cost of management (labor) and place (rent). We believe an expansion to 50TH/s
is not hard to achieve. That pushes the hashrate per share to 155MH/s, or
1.55G/s per BTC.
  Next-Generation Products The plan will be discussed among
board members and approved by shareholders, because it would require keeping
some of the revenues instead of paying them all as dividends. The return of
this stage is difficult to estimate, since in the Bitcoin world everything may
happen and happens even quicklier than imagination. But we personally believe
that much more potential profits wait there.

Potential Risks and Tips on How to Hedge We list all possible risks of
our project here, and the most straightforward way to hedge each of them.
  BTC drops too much in value This will finally make mining
unprofitable because even with ASIC devices people still have to pay
electricity bills and operating fees. Hedge: take a short position on BTC.
  BTC increases too much in value This might make your
investment of your Bitcoins to ASICMINER less profitable than simply holding
them. Hedge: take a long position on BTC.
  Failure to produce The IC production has some minimum
failure rate. We have some fund reservation ourselves to cope with this
scenario, but the risk here is still not zero. Hedge: diversify your portfolio
by also making bets on our competitors.
  Outpaced too much by competitors It will make the
difficulty very high and our efficiency/price less attractive. Hedge: same as
above, making some bets on competitors of us.

Risk Compensation for Investors To further compensate the risks of
investors, we give investors following privileges.
  You Break Even First We (Bitfountain) will not take any
net profits from mining or device sales until the investors (ASICMINER) break
even against the IPO price (0.1 BTC per share). It means that each share of
ASICMINER will first have 1/x of the total net revenues as dividends, in which
x equals to the total number of ASICMINER shares in circulation, and have
1/400,000 after the principals of the investors are paid out.
  Return On Rally If the price of Bitcoin rallies too much,
then we probably don't need so much money to make our project succeed. We will
return part of the principals as big dividends before we tape out the chips
when BTC/USD exchange rate rises a lot.
  Return When Discontinuation If we haven't raised enough
money to tape out before August. 28, 2012, we will return 100.5% of the total
raised funds to investors of ASICMINER. The 0.5% is for compensating the GLBSE
fee.
  No Future Dilution Each share of ASICMINER always
represents 1/400,000 of the whole company. If we have to attract more investors
in the future, we will only sell our own Bitfountain shares.

Extra Words The OP is kept as brief and clear as possible, if you have
any further questions about details, just ask. Advices and criticisms are also
welcome.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: