Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:35:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 [423] 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 ... 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916342 times)
VeeMiner

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

bitcoin hodler

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 09:32:53 AM

Since the question from Friedcat regarding a website might be answered after the investor FAQ
Jumping the gun and posting this now Smiley
Ad used at https://just-dice.com/

Seeing as how TaT has historically been willing to advertise, and the fact that the add takes you to the havelock PT (by TaT).  It's my assumption that the add is from TaT, not Friedcat.

But still, pretty cool.

I love that even though there are no official webpages or other information that the fans of ASICMINER create a whole bunch of services (PTs, websites that count the hashrate, even advertisement ... ) That's great stuff and props to all the people involved!

- SmiGuel, TAT, RuneDks, DeadTerra, burnside and others, big ups to you!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 09:35:11 AM

I don't like how the ad doesn't mention it's not official.
ArcticWolf

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 09:39:17 AM

I don't like how the ad doesn't mention it's not official.

True, but it may be confusing for first time bitcoin investors to have "Invest in my asicminer passthrough today!" on there instead

https://www.crypto-trade.com/ref/arcticwolf Try CryptoTrade.com, a new exchange for trading Currencies and Securities
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 09:40:02 AM

Yeah, I think "ASICMINER from TAT" would have been better.
TECHICENINE

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 09:46:44 AM

http://www.btcguild.com/index.php?page=home

"Starting this weekend, BTC Guild will be selling ASICMINER's USB Block Erupters at excellent prices. Block Erupters are small ASICs powered entirely by a USB port, which mine at 330 MH/s each."

confirmed looking like the wheels are starting to turn,, putting pieces together..thanks
tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 10:07:56 AM

Since the question from Friedcat regarding a website might be answered after the investor FAQ
Jumping the gun and posting this now Smiley
Ad used at https://just-dice.com/

I remember the days when the entire Fortune 500 didn't have websites.  Tongue
ArcticWolf

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 10:08:10 AM

"ASICMINER by TAT, Invest today" Could give the impression that TAT runs ASICMINER, but I do see your point

https://www.crypto-trade.com/ref/arcticwolf Try CryptoTrade.com, a new exchange for trading Currencies and Securities
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 10:09:48 AM
Last edit: June 26, 2013, 11:22:48 AM by freedomno1

I asked dooglus to use the ad on that page that was the banner from just-dice ad stream not sure who made it though or if it is a fan-made/official banner
Thought it was neat so put it up
Sorry if I made it sound like I made it maybe some day if I'm bored I'll make one too Smiley
Saved the evidence he-he but will credit the maker if someone knows (from comments sounds like it was TAT confirmed pr unofficial)
http://postimg.org/image/5ugbv0khl/
http://postimg.org/image/xt2wqk7lv/
PS: Do not hunt for Dooglus banner I warned you all  Wink (I mean it)
Also props to MP on that one hahahahahahahahha

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 10:27:07 AM

For the record I'd prefer the ad clarified that it isn't from Bitfountain too, but space was rather limited and the target link does make it clear exactly what is being offered.
chkgk

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 10:27:13 AM

I must say I don't like the ad. The reason lies in its call for investments in the company, rather than promoting hardware sales. As there are no new shares to be offered, no one is doing the company a favor by buying the shares (except for the share price fluctuations).

It might also be considered to be financial / investment / trading advice. Also if this is not official, the creator is (mis)using somebody else's name.

It also makes asicminer look fishy, or have you ever seen a company advertise its stock rather than its product? Remember: in its current form it is not obvious if this is an official ad or fan made!

Anyway, please excuse any typos, I am on my phone.
freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 10:29:15 AM

For the record I'd prefer the ad clarified that it isn't from Bitfountain too, but space was rather limited and the target link does make it clear exactly what is being offered.

Wasn't your ad TAT hmm well I'll wait for a confirmation to credit it to someone
As it is right now it is in an official ad network for just-dice so thought it was an approved banner

Eric Muyser

Activity: 224

You can't kill math.

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 10:34:52 AM

Wasn't your ad TAT hmm well I'll wait for a confirmation to credit it to someone
As it is right now it is in an official ad network for just-dice so thought it was an approved banner

Official ad network? These ads seem to be manually run by mircea_popescu? Look at the vagina ad for just dice on bitbet. Look at the source code, it's hardcoded with a random() function. Seems like the person who runs this network is just throwing up ads for his own sites and things he's invest in.

@EricMuyser | EricMuyser.com | OTC - "Defeat is a state of mind; no one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as a reality" - Bruce Lee
freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 10:36:26 AM

Official ad network? These ads seem to be manually run by mircea_popescu? Look at the vagina ad for just dice on bitbet. Look at the source code, it's hardcoded with a random() function. Seems like the person who runs this network is just throwing up ads for his own sites and things he's invest in.

I don't think MP made a ASIC ad though seems strange but yah the vagina ad is her work all right lol

Eric Muyser

Activity: 224

You can't kill math.

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 10:37:57 AM

I don't think MP made a ASIC ad though seems strange but yah the vagina ad is her work all right lol

MPOE-PR certainly isn't invested in AM, but MP could be, and that could be his reasoning for creating an ad for it. Or someone paid him a bit of money to do it. MP is not a she: https://twitter.com/Mircea_Popescu

@EricMuyser | EricMuyser.com | OTC - "Defeat is a state of mind; no one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as a reality" - Bruce Lee
TECHICENINE

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 10:38:37 AM

http://87.248.112.8/search/srpcache?ei=UTF-8&p=bitfountain+github&rd=r1&fr=yfp-t-703&u=http://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=bitfountain+github&d=4839084855334409&mkt=fr-FR&setlang=fr-FR&w=gsH02rqREtmYj_BVy_Y8M6mDwF_Je_DG&icp=1&.intl=fr&sig=HigaupEy8lzH8KcSb3G0EQ--

BitFountain
Mobile App Development & Consulting

The Startup IT Infrastructure: Continued

Our post yesterday on startup IT infrastructure got us thinking about all of the third party sites we add content to or rely on in every aspect of our business.

Whether you’re talking about marketing, sales, or finance, you will inevitably need some online support to get your startup rolling.

The services listed below we recommend thoroughly looking into implementing into your startup.

Docracy
        Open Source Industry Specific Contracts

EchoSign
        Digital Contract Signing

Bank Of America
        Integration to Quickbooks (Online/Offline)

Google Services & Google Apps for Business

There are almost to many to name, so we’ll just throw out the ones we’re most commonly using. It’s impossible to quantify how much we rely on Google for almost every aspect of our operations.
        Gmail (& 3rd Party Ad-Ons)
        Google Drive (Docs)
        Google Analytics
        Google Trends
        Google Adwords
        Google +
        YouTube

Meetup
        Networking Events
        Industry Specific Events
        Relationship Sales

TweetDeck
        Customer Marketing
        Peer to Peer Marketing
        Channel Sales
        Networking

Tumblr
        Marketing
        Content Portal

Facebook
        Marketing
        Pages
        Ads

LinkedIn
        Networking
        Pages
        Ads

Trello
        Workflow management

LucidChart
        Wireframing
        Database Modeling
        Flowchart Generation
        Mobile App Mockups

GitHub
        Code Storage
        Peer to Peer Marketing
        Portfolio Building

StackOverflow
        Knowledge Repository
        Peer to Peer Marketing

Grasshopper
        800# Setup
        Call Forwarding
        Voicemail
        April 2, 2013 (11:42 am)
        1 notes
        #startup
        #resources
        #Dev
        dezang likes this
        bitfountain posted this
    The Startup IT Infrastructure: Continued

Our post yesterday on startup IT infrastructure got us thinking about all of the third party sites we add content to or rely on in every aspect of our business.

Whether you’re talking about marketing, sales, or finance, you will inevitably need some online support to get your startup rolling.

The services listed below we recommend thoroughly looking into implementing into your startup.

Docracy
        Open Source Industry Specific Contracts

EchoSign
        Digital Contract Signing

Bank Of America
        Integration to Quickbooks (Online/Offline)

Google Services & Google Apps for Business

There are almost to many to name, so we’ll just throw out the ones we’re most commonly using. It’s impossible to quantify how much we rely on Google for almost every aspect of our operations.
        Gmail (& 3rd Party Ad-Ons)
        Google Drive (Docs)
        Google Analytics
        Google Trends
        Google Adwords
        Google +
        YouTube

Meetup
        Networking Events
        Industry Specific Events
        Relationship Sales

TweetDeck
        Customer Marketing
        Peer to Peer Marketing
        Channel Sales
        Networking

Tumblr
        Marketing
        Content Portal

Facebook
        Marketing
        Pages
        Ads

LinkedIn
        Networking
        Pages
        Ads

Trello
        Workflow management

LucidChart
        Wireframing
        Database Modeling
        Flowchart Generation
        Mobile App Mockups

GitHub
        Code Storage
        Peer to Peer Marketing
        Portfolio Building

StackOverflow
        Knowledge Repository
        Peer to Peer Marketing

Grasshopper
        800# Setup
        Call Forwarding
        Voicemail
        April 2, 2013 (11:42 am)
        1 notes
        #startup
        #resources
        #Dev
        dezang likes this
        bitfountain posted this

© 2012–2013 BitFountain
BitFountain

>>

thanks
freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 10:39:46 AM

MPOE-PR certainly isn't invested in AM, but MP could be, and that could be his reasoning for creating an ad for it. MP is not a she.

If that's true I'll credit the Ad to MP but will wait for some official confirmation and not a she hmm didn't know that
Edit did know that face I just mix it with PR's lol

empoweoqwj

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 10:40:08 AM

I must say I don't like the ad. The reason lies in its call for investments in the company, rather than promoting hardware sales. As there are no new shares to be offered, no one is doing the company a favor by buying the shares (except for the share price fluctuations).

It might also be considered to be financial / investment / trading advice. Also if this is not official, the creator is (mis)using somebody else's name.

It also makes asicminer look fishy, or have you ever seen a company advertise its stock rather than its product? Remember: in its current form it is not obvious if this is an official ad or fan made!

Anyway, please excuse any typos, I am on my phone.

I understand what you are saying, but essentially the ad is "brand awareness". There is nothing wrong with that, and imho, something ASICMINER is in desperate need of.

What's wrong with offering financial advice? Thousands of people in every country on the planet make their living offering (normally dodgy) financial advice. This is simply another option for people to consider putting their money into. What's wrong with that? bitcointalk would be immediately cut in half if you took out all the advice posts. Like it or not, bitcoin and bitcoin derivatives are speculative. Letting people know about one way to invest their bitcoins  is not a crime I know of.
freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 10:48:08 AM

Disclaimer added will just put this here for now
http://imgur.com/0l7ha9G

ThickAsThieves

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 10:50:16 AM
Last edit: June 26, 2013, 11:11:02 AM by ThickAsThieves

Of course now the ad doesn't really make sense, but whatever.

EDIT: Dooglus went to bed before changing the ad. It'll get changed to this when he awakes: http://imgur.com/lJo6Yjv  Generally the ad was a quick thing to support Dooglus, Havelock, and less directly, TATI. The content was partly a joke, but I should have considered that some wouldn't see it that way.
freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 11:06:51 AM

Of course now the ad doesn't really make sense, but whatever.

Well I agree with empoweoqwj its about building brand awareness there are a lot more sketchy ads out there than that for sure.
Anyways it's almost dividend time so time to get some popcorn out and relax a bit Smiley

And time to spam this message again before it gets lost in dividend madness

Reminder / Update

ThickAsThieves, VJain, Franktank and ianp have put together the next round of questions for the community to vote on.

Once we have a consensus of the top three questions, ThickAsThieves will submit them to Friedcat.

The last round was a big success, so we will continue doing this for the foreseeable future.

The questions are available for voting here:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1M7wigyDWjKjabHKdC7msaEfXvYaNxtMbbmTIRss8EqU/viewform

(If your going to quote IanP make sure to put his name in their instead of myself Smiley )

Pages: « 1 ... 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 [423] 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 ... 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: