Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:11:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 [791] 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 ... 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916337 times)
Vycid

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

♫ the AM bear who cares ♫

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 08:34:31 AM

As I said in the other thread...

PLEASE STOP FEEDING THE TROLL

jimmothy is a known troll, he was already busy polluting the Havelock IPO thread again with his nonsense arguments and apparent reading comprehension: that's just plain old trolling.

Just click the ignore button and let the sane speculations go on.

Internet grows, the rules are still the same as 15 years ago: do not feed the trolls.

Without knowing the extent of jimmothy's alleged trollitude, I'd suggest caution... just because someone is much more bearish or bullish than you doesn't mean their arguments are invalid (case in point).

He may deserve it. Just make sure you're hitting the ignore button for the right reasons.

Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 08:51:58 AM

As I said in the other thread...

PLEASE STOP FEEDING THE TROLL

jimmothy is a known troll
, he was already busy polluting the Havelock IPO thread again with his nonsense arguments and apparent reading comprehension: that's just plain old trolling.

Just click the ignore button and let the sane speculations go on.

Internet grows, the rules are still the same as 15 years ago: do not feed the trolls.

The more you follow me around and post how I'm a troll the less of an effect your statement has. I am an AM fanboy admittedly but I would say far from a troll.

You on the otherhand. Labelling me a troll because you think havelock is a scam is immature. Get over it. The majority of us using an exchange   are still using havelock and investing in asicminer without your pro guidance.

I am actually interested if cointerra has began mining as someone said earlier. But debating about nonexistent hardware is pointless especially if there is no evidence the company can deliver.

Knc has shown it can deliver and definitely provides competition but that is about it imo.

Cointerra, hashfast, bfl, etc.. will probably continue to miss deadlines and or miss advertised hardware specs.

If there is one thing I ask you do it is prove me wrong with evidence. This way you can make me look stupid, while at the same time increasing the intellegence of everyone reading this thread who interpreted the information the same as me.

Or you can keep posting "jimmothy is a troll" and see how well that goes.
Lohoris

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 09:21:01 AM

Without knowing the extent of jimmothy's alleged trollitude, I'd suggest caution... just because someone is much more bearish or bullish than you doesn't mean their arguments are invalid (case in point).

He may deserve it. Just make sure you're hitting the ignore button for the right reasons.
In this case I'm sure, just read Havelock IPO's thread, he's must definitely a troll.
(or he's so utterly stupid that it makes no difference)

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
hammurabi

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 10:12:00 AM

In this case I'm sure, just read Havelock IPO's thread, he's must definitely a troll.
(or he's so utterly stupid that it makes no difference)

AM share price plummeted
and all-around-love in this thread is gone.

BTC:    1Hpk4rWpP3gACJhXHn8VkeNp4usdQmfuVY
LTC:    LM5p7X9dTsWj14G2VQeJKuntVUc6GsPnDp
ft73

Activity: 564
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 10:42:57 AM

I still would love to know the answer to these questions:

Has any other competitor besides KNC stopped shipping to provide better profits?
Where is the official statement from cointerra stating they are hashing?
But again preorders don't mean diddly squat as BFL taught us.
Well then maybe you should start looking for answers? It's called "research". You shoud try it.

Care not to quote him?
Thank you.
Zubilica

Activity: 837
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 05:14:44 PM

In business in general , no news is good news. But in BTC world no news are delays. Right now BTC price is falling a bit , a few ppl are getting out selling shares and BTC. Also there is a huge pressure of selling from ppl who bought SebastianJu's shares.

I see price of AM share dropping by the hour and i do not like it. We all expect news from FC and complete silence is starting to be annoying
AMuppInTime
Donator

Activity: 290

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 05:26:48 PM

In business in general , no news is good news. But in BTC world no news are delays. Right now BTC price is falling a bit , a few ppl are getting out selling shares and BTC. Also there is a huge pressure of selling from ppl who bought SebastianJu's shares.

I see price of AM share dropping by the hour and i do not like it. We all expect news from FC and complete silence is starting to be annoying

1) We've had an update on Nov 22. friedcat usually posts around the 20 (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=49840;sa=showPosts)
2) There are too many who look at ASICminer with blinders. We need more grounding.

I miss the guys who used to run analysis and post graphs/predictions. Did they all leave?
jimmothy

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 08:00:08 PM

1) We've had an update on Nov 22. friedcat usually posts around the 20 (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=49840;sa=showPosts)
2) There are too many who look at ASICminer with blinders. We need more grounding.

I miss the guys who used to run analysis and post graphs/predictions. Did they all leave?

I think the only one with blinders on is you. We all know asicminer is working on gen3 hardware to be released 1st quarter of 2014 at the same time or before competitors release their new products. Not surprising. Not news. Just the current plan we have known about for months now.

If you think that imaginating specs for gen3 hardware is "grounding" you are simply wrong. We are going to see the share price dwindle until around February when gen3 is announced and sold which will cause the share price to skyrocket.

So gen3 badass hardware is coming soon. What more info do you want? Made up specs that may or may not be true? Would preorders make you happy?
apollojmr

Activity: 311

The Power Of The Coin Is Awesome!!

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 11:37:15 PM

Honestly there are WAY too many obsessed people that cannot see the obviuos and consistently argue about AM and other companies. I have never in my life seen so many people that are DAILY posting bullcrap about speculation and bringing the value of an overnight multimillion dollar company down by speculating and starting rumors. I am ashamed to even have potential investors that WOULD bring the value up look at this thread. STOP acting like bitches and making this companies stock go down and START acting like grown ass adults that could have the capability to run a company. NOT (1) one person posting lately would even have the balls to come out in public and spread the bullshit rumors or say the stuff they say about how bad this company is. I have an idea..........stop whining about how FC never says shit and look at the facts. To quote an actual good post~"There's a lot of complaining in this thread lately, which is understandable, considering large swings in stock prices can cause strong emotions.
I just wanted to put this whole thing in a bit more perspective: about 16 months ago, Bitfountain collected about $100k from investors to complete some chips. Today, they have a large warchest of savings, a steady income stream, and they are working in parallel on the 3rd generation of chips, liquid cooling +++, and the company is "valued" at approximately $100 million (not to mention that investors have already collectively received payouts of about XBT 240k, almost $200 million at today's prices). In light of this, my personal opinion is that we should at least keep the discourse respectful.
From my point of view, the company has plenty of promise and is busy fulfilling the promise. Competition has grown stronger, but anybody surprised by that is a pinhead - it was obvious from the start there would be an ASIC price-war/arms race. But there will be several winners, and AM is well-positioned to be one of them: well-funded, well-located, experienced and (dare I say?) visionary.
I'm not trying to talk the price up or anything (I don't care much about the flavor of the month), I just wanted to point out that, in my humble opinion, AM has delivered magnificently so far, and has staying power for the long term."~Quote from bitfair~

So please quit speculating and whining about this company EVERYDAY and start doing something positive to get the value up.

What you think you become. Bitrated user: apollojmr.
razorfishsl

Activity: 399

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 12:51:45 AM

Actually it is you living in cloud Cookoo land, before you start crying about trolling, companies have a LEGAL responsibility for disclosure. 'secret' and 'non-disclosure' is a BULLSHIT cloud from which 'rip off' and 'con man' operate.

There is something called corporate responsibility, and certainly from my research into operations in Hong Kong, bitcoin operations are nearly always being operated illegally.
Problem is… that WITH A PROPERLY REGISTERED BUSINESS the Government actually indemnifies investors to a certain degree.
But they do demand that a company trading shares meets certain rules are related to accountancy, and in fact any PERSON trading shared in a HK' entity'/ 'instrument'  or indeed giving financial advice without proper regulatory approval can end up with a 5 year jail term, and a money laundering tag/investigation for anyone involved or invested with such companies.
And yes…. Publishing spreadsheets is considered  'giving advice' if the data contained in them has not been correctly audited by a CPA or they do not comply to the accountancy standards of Hong Kong, is also illegal.

Yep … operating out of Kwai Chung in HK does qualify the business to need proper registration AND FULLY COMPLY with HK regulation for disclosure of business details and accountancy standards.

So far I have only seen a couple of correctly registered bit-coin businesses in HK and in both cases the guys are completely open about their dealings.

Bitmit was another example of a bunch of mainland cowboys operating illegally out of HK…..

High Quality USB Hubs for Bitcoin miners
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=560003
jimmothy

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 12:59:03 AM

Actually it is you living in cloud Cookoo land, before you start crying about trolling, companies have a LEGAL responsibility for disclosure. 'secret' and 'non-disclosure' is a BULLSHIT cloud from which 'rip off' and 'con man' operate.

There is something called corporate responsibility, and certainly from my research into operations in Hong Kong, bitcoin operations are nearly always being operated illegally.
Problem is… that WITH A PROPERLY REGISTERED BUSINESS the Government actually indemnifies investors to a certain degree.
But they do demand that a company trading shares meets certain rules are related to accountancy, and in fact any PERSON trading shared in a HK' entity'/ 'instrument'  or indeed giving financial advice without proper regulatory approval can end up with a 5 year jail term, and a money laundering tag/investigation for anyone involved or invested with such companies.
And yes…. Publishing spreadsheets is considered  'giving advice' if the data contained in them has not been correctly audited by a CPA or they do not comply to the accountancy standards of Hong Kong, is also illegal.

Yep … operating out of Kwai Chung in HK does qualify the business to need proper registration AND FULLY COMPLY with HK regulation for disclosure of business details and accountancy standards.

So far I have only seen a couple of correctly registered bit-coin businesses in HK and in both cases the guys are completely open about their dealings.

Bitmit was another example of a bunch of mainland cowboys operating illegally out of HK…..

You fail to realize that asicminer is not selling additional shares. Thus there is literally no incentive or obligation for Friedcat to sit on the forums all day of every week pumping up the value of his company. FC owns more than 50% of shares so he is the boss. He has been generous enough to give us details like how tapeout is planned for jan which is all the info he has. He is not going to make up specs on nonexistant hardware to please everyone in this thread who most are probably not even invested in AM.

Xu

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 03:44:29 AM

Seriously, what company on the planet has the CEO making announcements daily or even weekly. I wonder if some of you have ever held stock in any other company ever. Everyone knows communications should be better, but don't be expecting an announcement from FC over every dip in the stock price. I want him focused on GEN3 and the long term prospects.

For what it matters, here is my idea of perfect communications:

1) Every time a dividend is released, there is a brief announcement of what the composition of the dividend is. x from mining, y from franchising, and z from hardware sales. That's about it. Maybe if we were expecting something more a brief mention like "no dividends paid on hardware sales due to whatever".

2) Once a month have board meetings and let the board ask questions, and someone from the board can then post a summary of the meeting.

If we got that much communication, we would have better communications than pretty much any other company.
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 04:33:09 AM

If you think AM "PROPERLY REGISTERED AS A BUSINESS" would mean the Chinese / HK government paying us money if FC ran off with all our bitcoins you are living in cloud cuckoo land, sorry.

We chose to trust AM, that's all. One day they may abuse that trust but it hasn't happened yet. Fingers crossed they keep "straight" for another 2-3 years and we will all do well.

Also, about communication. I do want to get more communication from AM, who doesn't. But its not because I'm thinking "he's not communicating, I bet he's planning to run off with all our bitcoins". I just want more info so I can make relatively informed investment decisions, and not the current "virtual vacuum of information" we have now.

Lots of con artists post loads and loads to their "investors" ands then .... poof - never hear from them again  Wink
jimmothy

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 04:44:00 AM

If you think AM "PROPERLY REGISTERED AS A BUSINESS" would mean the Chinese / HK government paying us money if FC ran off with all our bitcoins you are living in cloud cuckoo land, sorry.

We chose to trust AM, that's all. One day they may abuse that trust but it hasn't happened yet. Fingers crossed they keep "straight" for another 2-3 years and we will all do well.

Also, about communication. I do want to get more communication from AM, who doesn't. But its not because I'm thinking "he's not communicating, I bet he's planning to run off with all our bitcoins". I just want more info so I can make relatively informed investment decisions, and not the current "virtual vacuum of information" we have now.

Lots of con artists post loads and loads to their "investors" ands then .... poof - never hear from them again  Wink

Wasn't Labcoin a "properly registered business" in HONG KONG?? Remember how great labcoin PR was until about a month ago?
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 05:10:14 AM
Last edit: December 07, 2013, 05:23:58 AM by empoweoqwj

Fingers crossed they keep "straight" for another 2-3 years and we will all do well.

Does this ever keep you up nights?  Shocked
Every once in a while I get to calculating, and can't let it go  Grin
Dreams of prolific franchised containers full of boiling coolant -  forming 10% of the network. 2 years down the road, bitcoin has 2 more zeros to its valuation. Dividend x BTC x HOW many shares?  Mind=Blown

AM potential is imense. I am very happy to be onboard, regardless of share price.

Lol, no I don't worry at night about AM disappearing. I worry about  things I can control in life. Which isn't a great deal I admit ;-)

The Chinese news is a big deal though. It has put a stop to people actually *using* bitcoin in China to buy things. Baidu have stopped accepting it already. That's bad news for what we hoped would be widespread adoption in potentially the biggest market in the world.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 05:14:16 AM

One thing though ....

when bitcoin has a big rally, everyone comes out with their rationale for why the AM share price drops .... fair enough.

But when bitcoin suffers a "correction", the AM share price also drops.

I don't think we need complicated theories, explanations and discussions for why AM share prices drop both whilst bitcoin is in boom or bust mood.

The only thing we need to know is AM share price is constantly dropping, and has been since July. BTC/$ exchange rate ain't relevant.

I'd buy some more AM shares now, but with another 2-3 months before Gen3 is close to happening ......... I can see some real bargain prices coming up soon Smiley
jimmothy

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 05:39:23 AM

Fingers crossed they keep "straight" for another 2-3 years and we will all do well.

Dreams of prolific franchised containers full of boiling coolant -  forming 10% of the network. 2 years down the road, bitcoin has 2 more zeros to its valuation. Dividend x BTC x HOW many shares?  Mind=Blown

AM potential is imense. I am very happy to be onboard, regardless of share price.

Lol, no I don't worry at night about AM disappearing. I worry about  things I can control in life. Which isn't a great deal I admit ;-)

The Chinese news is a big deal though. It has put a stop to people actually *using* bitcoin in China to buy things. Baidu have stopped accepting it already. That's bad news for what we hoped would be widespread adoption in potentially the biggest market in the world.

I thought that was sensationalized news and they actually said it cannot be used as currency but can be used at their own risk. Baidu said they stopped accepting bitcoin because they were unsure of the situation.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 05:40:50 AM

I'd buy some more AM shares now, but with another 2-3 months before Gen3 is close to happening ......... I can see some real bargain prices coming up soon Smiley

Wink sshhhhh!

its  alright - there will be another 40 pages of crap to wade through before I get round to buying, and nobody will care (or even read) in January what people said in December. That's the beautiful world of bitcoin Smiley
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 05:43:12 AM

I thought that was sensationalized news and they actually said it cannot be used as currency but can be used at their own risk. Baidu said they stopped accepting bitcoin because they were unsure of the situation.

But they have stopped. I don't think Baidu got "sensationalized" because the announcement was made in Chinese and they got the wrong end of the stick because of language difficulties  Wink
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 12:29:06 PM

Wasn't Labcoin a "properly registered business" in HONG KONG??

Nope.
I-techpro (or something) was, but the CEO and sole shareholder of that company denied any involvement, responsibility or barely even any knowledge of labcoin.
Pages: « 1 ... 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 [791] 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 ... 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: