Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:29:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 [1139] 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 ... 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916321 times)
aahzmundus

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 09:06:54 PM

Will be interesting to see if others are having issues, I have only seen people complaining about assembly... but I believe that was done so as to get miners out as fast as possible.  Time is usually the biggest factor and offering them unembarrassed was a smart idea for people willing to put in the work.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 10:37:55 PM

I get the sense that the profitable elements of the company have been removed, or planned to be removed, from AM's stock and into other entities.

I don't know if you are a shareholder or if you are affiliated with any other company, but I am glad to hear someone else have this opinion. I expressed it in the past too, but having an affiliate link in the signature got me only insults.

what like rockminer? they still have to buy the chips from AM

Sure, but at a minimal/nonexistent profit for AM.

Do you think that the reason you are constantly insulted may be because you are constantly making absurd/baseless assumptions about how much AM is failing/will fail?

Edit: An unsatisfied customer of the Tubes:

So I guess this means you've completely justified ripping off naive noobs by selling them SPtech hardware?

Serious question, if you don't care the slightest about ROI, why not just be a used car salesman for BFL instead? Just like spongebobtech, bfl makes reliable and pretty hardware at an incredibly unreasonable price.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 11:17:05 PM

Do you think that the reason you are constantly insulted may be because you are constantly making absurd/baseless assumptions about how much AM is failing/will fail?

Well neither you or any of the shareholder don't know for sure if I am wrong or not so you don't know that I am making absurd assumptions or not until you see exactly for how much profit they sell the chips. As for baseless, well they aren't baseless. I am basing my assumption on what Guy said and also on the lack of dividends/information/other projects. A 28nm mask+chips don't cost 10M$.

So I guess this means you've completely justified ripping off naive noobs by selling them SPtech hardware?

Serious question, if you don't care the slightest about ROI, why not just be a used car salesman for BFL instead? Just like spongebobtech, bfl makes reliable and pretty hardware at an incredibly unreasonable price.

I told you in the past that I am not selling anything. I am just supporting their hardware. Having an affiliate link and praising their quality hardware isn't selling.

jimmothy

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 12:02:46 AM

Well neither you or any of the shareholder don't know for sure if I am wrong or not so you don't know that I am making absurd assumptions or not until you see exactly for how much profit they sell the chips. As for baseless, well they aren't baseless. I am basing my assumption on what Guy said and also on the lack of dividends/information/other projects. A 28nm mask+chips don't cost 10M$.

The sales price of chips stay a relatively high margin because our option of building our own devices and sell/deploy is always wide open.

Basing your assumptions on a rumor from a competing company's CEO who has been wrong countless times and almost never right is simply idiotic.

FC has outright denied the rumors started by Guy that AM is selling at cost and FC's word can be taken at face value unlike Guys.

Guy has never been a reliable source and he has proven he will say anything that could garner a few more preorders.

I told you in the past that I am not selling anything. I am just supporting their hardware. Having an affiliate link and praising their quality hardware isn't selling.

So you are just advertising and earning money for every sale you are responsible for correct? I'm not sure how that isn't a form of selling.

Again, why not sell advertise hardware for BFL?
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 02:22:35 AM

I really don't know about gen 4's tape-out. It would be a truly amazing thing, that's for certain, but I don't think that gen 4 is as that stage already. Where did we get those information from, after all? Who gave us those information?

Here's what we know from FC about gen 4:

6) What is the progress on gen4?
It is 28nm and has two major improvements: the first one is to fix the design errors we had with 40nm (which made our silicon data two times worse than simulated data). We believe that 0.35W/G at rated speed of 400MHz would be achievable in 40nm if no mistakes were made before. The second one is the technology improvement from 40nm to 28nm in terms of density, speed and power.

We are on the stage of evaluating the final design choices by running the physical design flow on different settings.

4) The next gen chips, BE300, are likely to be compatible with BE200 with respect to pinouts and package. Therefore all efforts on BE200 based designs are always useful in the long term.

And here's some translated info from the salon:

"Sales team committed to improving the situation of information dissemination. Will be more open."

"Prices are 3xxxx, count force> 1t. My god."

"be300 conservative says the year. May advance."

"Calculate the force said the average rate for the year is 15-20% of the whole network. This is the goal"

"I hope to resume dividend in August."

"Invoices, haha" - wat?

And then we had this rumour:

I heard that the 28nm chip will tape-out in 8 days.   

A tape-out some time in the next month doesn't seem that unreasonable to me and it pretty much needs to be within the next 2 months for AM to have any chance of producing gen 4 hardware this year.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 02:28:20 AM
Last edit: September 07, 2014, 02:55:07 AM by RoadStress

The sales price of chips stay a relatively high margin because our option of building our own devices and sell/deploy is always wide open.

Basing your assumptions on a rumor from a competing company's CEO who has been wrong countless times and almost never right is simply idiotic.

FC has outright denied the rumors started by Guy that AM is selling at cost and FC's word can be taken at face value unlike Guys.

Guy has never been a reliable source and he has proven he will say anything that could garner a few more preorders.

Then it's a matter of who we trust. You trust FC. I trust Guy. I am sure that he doesn't want to build a career in bitcoin mining based on lies and on false rumors just like others. He plans to be in this business for a long time and his actions towards his customers prove my point. Don't mistake him with scammer Josh Zerlan or with redbull boy Joshua Zipkin who has no problem stealing money from old army veterans. Care to elaborate the countless times when he was wrong? And don't give me the SP30 specs.

Guess we will have to wait to see how will this unfold, but the reason that I don't believe FC is because he also stated that the self mining started mid-july, but there is no evidence for that except that they have 200Th/s on BTCGuild. No dividends, no official speed, nothing.

So you are just advertising and earning money for every sale you are responsible for correct? I'm not sure how that isn't a form of selling.

Again, why not sell advertise hardware for BFL?

First of all I wasn't aware that BFL had an affiliate program. Second of all I don't intend to support hardware that is being shipped 13 months later and that is bad quality. I think that being fair and trying to recommend good products/services has more returns than trying to make a quick buck while screwing people.

I see no problem in earning some money by supporting a good product. You are earning money too in form of dividends when you are supporting AM's products so it's the same thing. Except that people can see that I am affiliated to a company, while you don't seem to be affiliated to any company to a newbie when in fact you are an AM shareholder so from my point of view I am being more fair than you. When your signature will be "AM shareholder" then we will be equals regarding products/companies affiliation.

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 02:43:47 AM

I agree the SP-Tech stuff is so over priced doubt anyone will ever get positive ROI.  The AM tubes are garbage and most buyers are having issues...I made the mistake of getting one and it shipped with a dead controller. I hope AM will make some decent hardware with these BE300 chips and actually test them before shipping.
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 03:01:50 AM

"If"s don't move anything. Money move stuff.

And AM have been making money by self-mining and by selling chips and miners. We know they had 60 Ph/s and they were selling chips for around 0.5 $/G.

1) On the Balance Sheet, approximately how many chips does the current Inventory (Products + Materials + Masks) represent?
A little less than 60P of wafers, most of which are on their final stages of production. The materials consist mainly of lead frames for packaging. The mask is re-usable for years if there are continuing demands for the corresponding wafers.

10) What is the average selling price of AM gen3 chips (price per Gh/s)?
About 0.5$/G for sold chips.

20) What are the future plans and visions of Asicminer?

We could use that to establish an upper limit of 30 million USD. With a mask cost of around 3 million USD, AM could pay for it through 6 Ph/s of chip sales. Given the sales of miners as well, I don't think AM will have much to worry about with regards to funding gen 4.

With BE300 correcting the mistakes of BE200 and being pin compatible with BE200, the roll-out of BE300 will be far quicker and cost less too. Quite a few manufacturers already have experience with BE200 and a well performing BE300 would be very tempting to them. The production infrastructure for building miners would already be there as well and allow rapid deployment of miners for sale and self-mining. Overall, it should be a very smooth and profitable transition if the chips perform anywhere near as well as expected.

jimmothy

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 04:44:28 AM

Then it's a matter of who we trust. You trust FC. I trust Guy.

It's really not even about who you trust more. It just doesn't make any sense to imagine that the Spongebobtech CEO knows more about Asicminer than Asicminers own CEO. Does Guy also know what color underwear I'm wearing?

Why would so many competitors give Guy all this sensitive info? And what kind of NDA prevents him from disclosing the source, yet allows him to disclose all the info?

Care to elaborate the countless times when he was wrong? And don't give me the SP30 specs.

Just to list a few:

I have a second batch order.... Your opinion... Have I to request a refund ? Smiley

Taped Out in March: https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-78
TSMC 20nm cycle time (masks creation) is 4-5 months. Samples in July / August. Miners probably in August / September

So let's try this - with a purchase today, an "In Stock" SP10 will ship when?  To keep it simple assume 1 SP10+SP30 April/July bundle.
Mid April and beginning of July.
We don't stock. We build test and ship.

Could be bitfury, asicminer, avalon, bitmain, innosilicon, knc, blackarrow or maybe a company that has yet to reveal itself.

Hello my friend, I've missed you. Is is too boring at one of AM threads ?

None of those companies can match the price point of SP30 with current gen and Q3 planned hardware.
Not to mention the W/GH/s advantage.

Quote from: Spondoolies-Tech, Apr 21, 2014

(this one was deleted for being so wrong: https://bitcointa.lk/threads/ann-spondoolies-tech-launches-a-new-line-of-asic-miners-shipping-in-7-days.284243/page-68#post-6031635)
jjdub7

Activity: 938
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 05:36:21 AM

With BE300 correcting the mistakes of BE200 and being pin compatible with BE200, the roll-out of BE300 will be far quicker and cost less too. Quite a few manufacturers already have experience with BE200 and a well performing BE300 would be very tempting to them. The production infrastructure for building miners would already be there as well and allow rapid deployment of miners for sale and self-mining. Overall, it should be a very smooth and profitable transition if the chips perform anywhere near as well as expected.

This. 

Re-use/continue device piece supply line, insert BE300 (interchangeable parts, I like), fix end-user flexibility/stratum proxy issues, roll out next gen of miners in February and AM re-proves itself to the world over again.  Now, whether its to happen, and whether friedcat can bring it to market in time is the main question.
SaintFlow

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

The first is by definition not flawed.

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 07:25:40 AM

Dear friedcat,

I would like you to issue a short press release
every 2 weeks minimum.

Sincerely

Your Shareholder

don't let me make you question your assumptions
Satan666

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

The love of fiat is the root of all good

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 08:25:35 AM

Dear friedcat,

I would like you to issue a short press release
every 2 weeks minimum.

Sincerely

Your Shareholder

Welcome to "the club".
SaintFlow

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

The first is by definition not flawed.

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 08:47:00 AM

I did send this as a pm.
took me 5 sec. I can do this every week and will not hurt me at all.
I will even feel better for letting him know whats up. Feedback - you know.

The more people do this the more time of him gets wasted on sorting emails.
Only when this bothers him enough will he consider actually doing something.

Edit: It's not like we are asking alot. Communication does prevent war.
Even among shareholders of Asicminer. I do not think that he is incapable
to write something like:

Everything on track. Expect numbers in about 4 weeks.
OR
Dividend will not happen in August: Building greater reserves.
OR
Next shareholder meeting middle November.
OR
We would like to publicly thank Rockminer for great cooperation

If he doesn't like this thread for its quality, it might be that he does not help
to raise it himself....

don't let me make you question your assumptions
vortex1878

Activity: 492

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 09:05:35 AM

I did send this as a pm.
took me 5 sec. I can do this every week and will not hurt me at all.
I will even feel better for letting him know whats up. Feedback - you know.

The more people do this the more time of him gets wasted on sorting emails.
Only when this bothers him enough will he consider actually doing something.

Edit: It's not like we are asking alot. Communication does prevent war.
Even among shareholders of Asicminer. I do not think that he is incapable
to write something like:

Everything on track. Expect numbers in about 4 weeks.
OR
Dividend will not happen in August: Building greater reserves.
OR
Next shareholder meeting middle November.
OR
We would like to publicly thank Rockminer for great cooperation

If he doesn't like this thread for its quality, it might be that he does not help
to raise it himself....

As much as I would also like to see frequent updates, your approach and logic are just wrong imho.
jdany

Inspired

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 10:29:17 AM

I agree the SP-Tech stuff is so over priced doubt anyone will ever get positive ROI.  The AM tubes are garbage and most buyers are having issues...I made the mistake of getting one and it shipped with a dead controller. I hope AM will make some decent hardware with these BE300 chips and actually test them before shipping.

8 Tubes assembled and running.  30 seconds of disappointment with the limited pool choices.  Zero issues beyond that.
I don't agree they're garbage.
stompysteve

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 02:41:28 PM

8 Tubes assembled and running.  30 seconds of disappointment with the limited pool choices.  Zero issues beyond that.
Does it only work on the 4 pools in the HW thread, I thought there was a proxy for the rest now

Is there any source for tapeout or was that just a rumor?
ensurance982

Activity: 518

Trust me!

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 03:09:35 PM

And AM have been making money by self-mining and by selling chips and miners. We know they had 60 Ph/s and they were selling chips for around 0.5 $/G.

1) On the Balance Sheet, approximately how many chips does the current Inventory (Products + Materials + Masks) represent?
A little less than 60P of wafers, most of which are on their final stages of production. The materials consist mainly of lead frames for packaging. The mask is re-usable for years if there are continuing demands for the corresponding wafers.

We could use that to establish an upper limit of 30 million USD. With a mask cost of around 3 million USD, AM could pay for it through 6 Ph/s of chip sales. Given the sales of miners as well, I don't think AM will have much to worry about with regards to funding gen 4.

Yeah, but chips already sold for about $0.35/GH/s in early June, so we're not achieving those prices anymore! But given the trouble with gen 3, we indeed may see gen 4 much earlier than initially planned. We could see sample chips in late October if this is true!

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
jdany

Inspired

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 03:16:58 PM

Does it only work on the 4 pools in the HW thread, I thought there was a proxy for the rest now

Guild didn't work, so I tried Slush.
They've been there since.
From a variance perspective, it's been nice to have my equipment split between two pools.
So, I'll probably keep them pointed at slush.

I have another tube coming on Monday - I'll try guild and see what happens.
stompysteve

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 03:32:54 PM

btcguild is listed under both proxy and no proxy?
I agree the SP-Tech stuff is so over priced doubt anyone will ever get positive ROI.  The AM tubes are garbage and most buyers are having issues...I made the mistake of getting one and it shipped with a dead controller. I hope AM will make some decent hardware with these BE300 chips and actually test them before shipping.

8 Tubes assembled and running.  30 seconds of disappointment with the limited pool choices.  Zero issues beyond that.

Guild didn't work, so I tried Slush.
They've been there since.
From a variance perspective, it's been nice to have my equipment split between two pools.
So, I'll probably keep them pointed at slush.

I have another tube coming on Monday - I'll try guild and see what happens.
***Only the below pools work directly with Tubes due to a current error in the firmware. Other pools will require the use of a proxy (see next section).***

GHash IO Register!
Code:
Servers : us1.ghash.io   with port 3333
User    : username.worker  - auto creates workers!
Password: anypassword
Slush Register!
Code:
Servers : stratum.bitcoin.cz   with port 3333
User    : username.worker
Password: password
BTCGuild Register!
Code:
Servers : stratum-lb-usa48.btcguild.com   with port 3333
User    : username_worker
Bitcoin Digger Register!
Code:
Servers : geo.bitcoindigger.com   with port 3333
User    : username.worker  - auto creates workers!

5b) Configuration - Using Proxy (Optional) (top)
To use pools outside of the above list, a proxy must be used. These instructions are for BFGMiner on Windows, but the same can be replicated on a Pi or Linux.

Using BFGMiner:
  • Download BFGMiner. Extract it to "C:\Program Files (x86)".
  • On the computer the proxy is running on, open a command prompt window (run/search and type cmd).
  • Enter "ipconfig /all". Scroll down to your computer to find its IP address.
  • Using a browser, navigate to the Tube's configuration page.
  • Enter the computer's IP address into the "Pool URL" field. Enter "3333" into the "Pool Port" field.
  • Username and password fields do not matter (enter x in both). Click Update/Restart.
  • Create a .bat file in notepad (by saving it as .bat) and save it on your desktop. Put the following text inside, changing the pool url and miner login as desired.

Optional:
  • If you want the proxy to start in the background when you turn your computer on, navigate to Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Task Scheduler.
  • From the right hand list, select "Create Basic Task". Name it "Start Proxy" and click "Next". Select the trigger "When the computer starts" and click "Next".
  • Select "Start a Program" and click "Next". Browse to your desktop and select the .bat we created. Click "Next", select the tick box and click "Finish".
  • Select "Run whether user is logged on or not" and tick the check box "Run with highest privileges". Click "Okay".

Bitminter
Code:
cd C:\Program Files (x86)\bfgminer-4.7.0-win64
bfgminer -o mint.bitminter.com:3333 -u username_worker -p anypassword --stratum-port 3333 --set-device PXY:diff=512
BTCGuild
Code:
bfgminer -o stratum.btcguild.com:3333 -u username_worker -p anypassword --stratum-port 3333 --set-device PXY:diff=512
GHash IO
Code:
bfgminer -o us1.ghash.io:3333 -u username_worker -p anypassword --stratum-port 3333 --set-device PXY:diff=512

Advertised sites are not endorsed and may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

vortex1878

Activity: 492

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 05:23:55 PM

Yeah, but chips already sold for about $0.35/GH/s in early June, so we're not achieving those prices anymore! But given the trouble with gen 3, we indeed may see gen 4 much earlier than initially planned. We could see sample chips in late October if this is true!

Source for the sales price of $0.35/G in early June, please?
Pages: « 1 ... 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 [1139] 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 ... 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: